PDA

View Full Version : Soulja Boy apologizes for dissing U.S. troops

lance6439
07-09-11, 22:23
Its about time this miserable has been says sorry.

http://www.s2smagazine.com/sites/default/files/SouljaBoy2.jpg
Chalking it up to frustration, hip-hop artist Soulja Boy lent his deepest apologies to the US troops after publicly belittling the importance of the military.

Over the weekend, Soulja Boy released a track entitled “Let’s Be Real”. In the song that Soulja Boy said came out wrong, the young artist rapped “**** the FBI and **** all the army troops. Fighting for what? ….Bitch be your own man. I be flying through the clouds with green like I’m Peter Pan”.

Yet on Tuesday, he issued an official apology on Global Grind, admitting that he shouldn’t have said what he did.

“When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them," Soulja stated. "So I write this to give my sincerest apology to all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended by my most recent lyrics."

The rapper went on to try to better express his feelings minus the expletives and disrespect.

As a young man who grew up [in] the post-9/11 era, I have watched our country fight two wars that seem like they are never going to end," Soulja explained. " I have seen thousands and thousand of our brave men and women get killed in battle and often times, I think, 'For what?'"

He continued, "A lot of people in this country are struggling to make ends meet and I think a lot about what if we had never gone to war. ….I am just frustrated that we haven’t been able to bring you all home quick enough and my frustration got the best of me. I am deeply sorry.”

Lt.C Thomas Shrader from the Army and Air Force Exchange Service, told TMZ that Soulja’s album Respect My Hustle will not be found in any of its 3,100 facilities. The lieutenant colonel said that the lyrics in Soulja Boy’s song were “unacceptable and not the kind of thing we would want to market.” According to TMZ, if the song gets cut from the album the Army and Air Force Exchange will reevaluate the ban.

Just a comment from me. If you listen to his music and say Kreayshawn
sucks then ... I have nothing to say, TBHFGDH
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkc345nYHq1qfy2kdo1_500.gif

domino92
07-09-11, 22:28
Isnt his name?.......

Has anybody here heard of Souljaboy since Grade 7 anyway?

lance6439
07-09-11, 22:29
Isnt his name?.......

Has anybody here heard of Souljaboy since Grade 7 anyway?

Since grade 6 actually

:deadbanana: :lmao:

Legend of Lara
07-09-11, 22:31
Soulja Boy is still relevant?

Has Soulja Boy ever been relevant?

sheepman23
07-09-11, 22:33
Rappers... so disrespectful... :mad: Yet another reason why I prefer country. :wve: (The most obvious fact is that rap sucks. :p)

Gladous
07-09-11, 22:33
LOLOL! Soulja Boy! Ah, I love it when D-listers start some scandal to be relevant again. :')

lance6439
07-09-11, 22:34

LOLOL! Soulja Boy! Ah, I love it when D-listers start some scandal to be relevant again. :')

DECEASED! :lmao: :dyinrn: :vlol:
Same thing I was thinking actually.

Spong
07-09-11, 22:37
@Lance
You should let the forum censor put asterisks for all the letters of the f-word rather than just having one asterisk over the letter 'u'. It's seen as censor circumvention and it'll get you moaned at by the Mods.

On topic, I'd not heard anything about this, obviously. But it's all kinds of wrong to speak ill of people who put their lives on the line in the name of their country's freedom. Glad the guy has apologised.

TheRCroft
07-09-11, 22:38

This was probably his lame attempt at trying to be.

Apathetic
07-09-11, 22:44
Ghetto rappers gon' be ghetto.

lance6439
07-09-11, 22:46
@Lance
You should let the forum censor put asterisks for all the letters of the f-word rather than just having one asterisk over the letter 'u'. It's seen as censor circumvention and it'll get you moaned at by the Mods.

On topic, I'd not heard anything about this, obviously. But it's all kinds of wrong to speak ill of people who put their lives on the line in the name of their country's freedom. Glad the guy has apologised.

Fixed ;)

Your_Envy*
07-09-11, 22:52
^ You didn't fix anything. :confused:

Spong
07-09-11, 22:53
^The story in the OP didn't have the swears properly censored. Lance has fixed that now though :tmb:

Your_Envy*
07-09-11, 23:02
^The story in the OP didn't have the swears properly censored. Lance has fixed that now though :tmb:

Oooh, I understand it now, I thought he fixed your post. :vlol: Woops! :o

lance6439
07-09-11, 23:06
Good rappers are people like the sexy female in my avatar :whi:

Sir Croft
07-09-11, 23:07
Call me when his mother apologizes for givin birth to such shame-inducing living being.

patriots88888
07-09-11, 23:10
He only apologized because of the backlash, that's usually the way it works.

Rai
07-09-11, 23:12
Never heard of him. But he was disrespectful, so it's good that he apologised - although what Patriots says is more than likely true.

patriots88888
07-09-11, 23:25
Never heard of him. But he was disrespectful, so it's good that he apologised - although what Patriots says is more than likely true.

I hate to be cynical about apologies such as this, but the reality is they (musicians) are in the entertainment business and a big part of that is 'selling' themselves to their audience so yea...

Which reminded me of this...

John Lennon's Bigger Than Jesus Statement
Intro:

On March 4, 1966, this quote of John's was printed in an interview by reporter (and friend of John's) Maureen Cleave in the London Evening Standard:
"Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue with that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first - rock 'n' roll or Christianity. Jesus was all right but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It's them twisting it that ruins it for me."
He was, as she reported, reading extensively about religion at the time. It was a small part of the article. No one took notice of it in Britain.

And then, five months later, on July 29, a teen magazine in the US of A (land of the free, especially religious freedom), Datebook, reprinted the quote out of context instead of submerged in an article, and used it as a part of a front cover story.

Radio stations in the south banned Beatles music. There were rallies of boys and girls stomping on their records and bonfires of Beatles material. John recieved death threats, and the KKK protestsed a Beatle concert in Alabama (because, apparently, it seemed like the Christian thing to do).

This statement, hardly noticed in the UK, was completely taken out of context and the bible belt of the hypocritical southern states was used to beat Lennon and The Beatles in a very unfair and very non-Christian way. John was not comparing the Beatles to Christ or god or religion. The quote as it appears here, IN CONTEXT, is just John being John and using things he knew about in a way he naturally spoke to a friend/reporter. The Jesus lovers, acting in their best Christ-like behaviour, threatened to kill John.

Who says terrorism is limited to radical Islam?

The Apology

John: "If I had said television is more popular than Jesus, I might have got away with it, but I just happened to be talking to a friend and I used the words "Beatles" as a remote thing, not as what I think - as Beatles, as those other Beatles like other people see us. I just said "they" are having more influence on kids and things than anything else, including Jesus. But I said it in that way which is the wrong way."

Reporter: "Some teenagers have repeated your statements - "I like the Beatles more than Jesus Christ." What do you think about that?"

John: "Well, originally I pointed out that fact in reference to England. That we meant more to kids than Jesus did, or religion at that time. I wasn't knocking it or putting it down. I was just saying it as a fact and it's true more for England than here. I'm not saying that we're better or greater, or comparing us with Jesus Christ as a person or God as a thing or whatever it is. I just said what I said and it was wrong. Or it was taken wrong. And now it's all this."

Reporter: "But are you prepared to apologize?"

John (thinking that he had just apologized, because he did): "I wasn't saying whatever they're saying I was saying. I'm sorry I said it really. I never meant it to be a lousy anti-religious thing. I apologize if that will make you happy. I still don't know quite what I've done. I've tried to tell you what I did do but if you want me to apologize, if that will make you happy, then OK, I'm sorry."