PDA

View Full Version : My trip to Lefkada

Lara Croft!
08-09-11, 13:10
During the last week of August, I was lucky enough to go to Lefkada. It's a Greek island in the Ionion sea. The beaches were amazing and the color of the waters magic. I went with my boyfriend and we both had a great time. Here are some pics. We went on a daily cruise and we also visited Ithaka, Kefallonia & Scorpio nearby islands (the pic with the fountain frog for example).

http://s50.photobucket.com/user/Lora160687/slideshow/LORA%20PERSONAL%20PICS/Lefkada

It's a great place for summer holidays if you like quiet and relaxing places. Seeing the pictures again, I want to dive in those waters so badly!

cezy rockeru
08-09-11, 13:12
awesome place! :D

Looks like you had fun. :p

Anubis_AF
08-09-11, 13:13
Don't know which is better, the views or pictures' quality! I really loved it :tmb:
Greece is heaven that's for sure. My sister and her husband went to Parga, if you're familiar with it? They said it was amazing.

xXhayleyroxXx
08-09-11, 13:18
The Ionian islands are so nice :tmb: I want to go back to Kefalonia now :D

Lara Croft!
08-09-11, 13:18
@ Anubis I had visited Parga when I was a kid, I don't remember it, but I know it's a great place.

@Hayley When did you visit Kefalonia?

Autolycus
08-09-11, 13:24
The place looks very nice. Can't get over how blue the sea is.

Rosaly
08-09-11, 13:28
Don't know which is better, the views or pictures' quality! I really loved it :tmb:
Greece is heaven that's for sure. My sister and her husband went to Parga, if you're familiar with it? They said it was amazing.

Parga is the most beautiful town I've ever seen, I went to Parga, and it was amazing :D GREECE IS THE PERFECT PLACE FOR SUMMER HOLIDAYS :)

Lara Croft!
08-09-11, 13:29
@ Autolycus I know! :jmp: When you're inside swimming, you can't fully appreciate it as much as by looking at the waters from the beach. The cleanest waters were in Aghios Nikitas. As I was diving and opened my eyes underwater all I could think was...

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/funny-pictures-cat-can-see-forever.jpg

xXhayleyroxXx
08-09-11, 13:30
@Hayley When did you visit Kefalonia?

A few years ago :)

Lara Croft!
08-09-11, 13:38
Next time you're here, we're so meeting! :D

GREECE IS THE PERFECT PLACE FOR SUMMER HOLIDAYS :)

It is indeed, I'm lucky I get to visit a new place each summer.

xXhayleyroxXx
08-09-11, 13:40

That would be so cool :D <3

Ora Dagger
08-09-11, 13:47
How beautiful!:cln: I've only seen water like that once. When I went on a cruise with my family.:)

Catapharact
08-09-11, 13:54
Just wondering; Do they have segments of the cove marked off for private parties? If so, then I know where I am headed for my next Euro Trip.

Lara Croft!
08-09-11, 14:01
I saw a lot of private boats. As in every island, there are public ports you can stop at, or at small bays near small beaches, that no one can reach by car/on foot. Lucky bastards! :D

remote91
08-09-11, 14:03
Looks like a gorgeous place.

Spong
08-09-11, 14:33
Such a beautiful ocean. The water around the UK is a green/brown mess :(

Rosaly
08-09-11, 14:40

It is indeed, I'm lucky I get to visit a new place each summer.

Warm beaches, crystal clean blue sea :D, what more? :D

Lara Croft!
08-09-11, 16:18
Delicious food, loads of local sweets, atmospheric cobbled streets, warm people. Greece has dem all. :D

Your_Envy*
08-09-11, 18:32
Lora, you finally went to some vacations, eh? :jmp: Awesome! I love this place, is it far away from Athens? I really wanna go to some island next time when I come to Greece even though I had perfect time at Evia. But oh my, the water is so pure it almost looks like you're in the pool! :eek: I love the cave, and the beach. WHY IS GREECE SO PERFECT?! :mad: And why am I in Slovenia again? :pi:

Thank you so much for sharing, you two look amazing together! :hug:

sierra xb
08-09-11, 20:40
I want to go swimming in water like that :) it is so amazing!!! Closest I have ever been to water that blue was at Lake Tahoe. Definitely going to Greece someday

Ikas90
08-09-11, 23:33
Oh wow, those pictures are fantastic! <3

I need to visit moar Greek islands!

sheepman23
08-09-11, 23:41
Greece just sounds like the absolute perfect place... great pictures. :tmb:

Ah, I'd really love to travel to Greece someday - it's on my to-do list when I get older, out of college, etc. :p

ShadyCroft
09-09-11, 00:30
Lora, absolutely amazing pictures and places! I always love your pics of your trips, and you and Panos look fantastic as always...one of my fav couple! :hug:

Thank you for sharing !

Lara Croft!
09-09-11, 17:04
Thank you for your kind words Shady!
And thank you all for your comments. :)

Lukass
10-09-11, 20:07
WoW, Lora! You took great pix! Love'em all! The sea is so clean! :eek: I wish I was there too!

theTourist
10-09-11, 20:12
Golden Memories :) I really love the places