PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever skipped school or work to play Tomb Raider?

Killercowz
09-09-11, 20:09
All the time in the second and third grade.

Oh the memories.

LaraDuh
09-09-11, 20:10
yesterday! :p

larafan25
09-09-11, 20:10
Yep.

But when TR9 comes out, I'll be inbetween years of school, working.

>_>

AmericanAssassin
09-09-11, 20:11
Yes.

b.gluch
i remember staying up really late to download BTA and was probably late for school, but i dont think i skipped specificly to play TR

domino92
I will when TR9 comes out! :D

aidanmalone
Ummm no :p
But when TR9 comes out Ill be sprinting home from college to play it. :)

silviu_raider
09-09-11, 20:12
I have, but will not anymore... :p

Legend of Lara
09-09-11, 20:13
Nope! Not for TR, not for anything. I always show up without fail, unless I'm sick or dead or something.

Your_Envy*
09-09-11, 20:13
No. Not to play Tomb Raider. http://www.shrani.si/f/11/cI/4CzMY5BN/3/ashamed2.gif

tomekkobialka
09-09-11, 20:19
Nah, I'd never skip school for TR. As much as I love TR, I hate skipping school as then you have to catch up with work etc. however, I do sometimes stay up late playing TR!

Liara
09-09-11, 20:20
Not for TR, but I once skipped important uni classes for Fallout 3 and Dragon Age 2. I regret doing the latter. DA2 was a major waste of time for me.

herothing
09-09-11, 20:20
No, not for any day so far. It depends what's happening in school though I guess. :D

Los Angeles
09-09-11, 20:21
Yes. Not to play Tomb Raider, but I skipped school tons of times.

I gotta be more careful this year. :pi:

robm_2007
09-09-11, 20:21
I don't think I have.

Maybe once or twice to play something else.

jarekhanzelka
09-09-11, 20:24
Nope. Never did it for a videogame of any kind of any nature of any age, ever. And yet, I've done it so many times it granted me with around 100 missed hours in total during one year. Some people collect bugs, I used to collect hours, sue me. :pi:

Lukass
09-09-11, 20:26
Yes, several times :D

sandygrimm
09-09-11, 20:36
No, TR was never that addicting to me

lance6439
09-09-11, 20:54
I Have. And maybe will for UNC3 too! XD

Avalon SARL
09-09-11, 20:55
No, not TR, but when I was still 13 years, I skipped school sometimes pretending I am sick to Play Sonic and Aladdin :p

HappyShannon
09-09-11, 20:55
I have skipped school before then just ended up playing games all day, but I've never skipped school for the games :p

trXD
09-09-11, 20:56
I used to skip school a lot but never specifically for Tomb Raider, I usually just hang around the town.

Dark Lugia 2
09-09-11, 20:58
I went to school and faked being sick once because I knew my pre-order of Pokemon Leafgreen arrived was at home waiting for me. :p That was years ago, back in 2004, I was 11.

sheepman23
09-09-11, 21:05
Never... I love Tomb Raider, but school is a tad more important. :p

leglion
09-09-11, 21:10
Never!

CosmoCroft
09-09-11, 21:18
Maybe a couple of times during unimportant stuff like game days and such.
TR9 has the worst possible release date ever. I have big exams that year. It's such a :cen:

Ora Dagger
09-09-11, 21:42
I never skipped for a game. I have skipped just because I didn't want to go to school/work.

Zelda master
09-09-11, 21:51
No...

We played the games at school on the laptops:p

SkyPuppy
09-09-11, 21:59
Nope! Not for TR, not for anything. I always show up without fail, unless I'm sick or dead or something.

now that's dedication.

i can't really remember.

Gladous
09-09-11, 22:09
Nope!

b0bb13
09-09-11, 22:13
I don't think so. But I did wake up before going to school the day after I got TRU to play it instead of studying for le physics test.

Draco
09-09-11, 22:47

How do you know you won't show up when you are dead?

28 Classes Later...

trlestew
09-09-11, 22:53
No, I have not.
I probably wasted a study hour or two, but that's all.

Legend of Lara
09-09-11, 22:55
How do you know you won't show up when you are dead?

28 Classes Later...

Well, ****.

_Awestruck_
09-09-11, 22:56
No...but I might when TR9 comes out since it comes out during my senior year.

patriots88888
09-09-11, 23:00
No. Not to play Tomb Raider. http://www.shrani.si/f/11/cI/4CzMY5BN/3/ashamed2.gif

Haha! Me neither. If skipping work is a consideration, for me, it's got to be for something more worthwhile than staying indoors playing a video game.

Weemanply109
09-09-11, 23:45
I actually remember I used to fake my illness' to get out of school so I could play Legend at home, I just loved sitting playing it again and again.

It's like one of my most replayed games :vlol:

However, most times I usually "skip" school is when I can't be arsed with work, I actually used to use my amazing acting skills to get myself out of Maths class or If I wasn't in the mood I even just walked out of class and went home :vlol:

Only been caught once :pi:

larafan25
09-09-11, 23:58
^

I replayed Legend sooooooooooooo much. I replayed the crap out of it. Then Anniversary.

Miharu
09-09-11, 23:59
Oh yeah, I used to skip school all the time to stay home and play videogames, not just Tomb Raider.

Of course, I'll never skip college/work to play TR9 or any videogame for that matter.

trfanX34
10-09-11, 00:07
School? What's school? :confused: :p

Ikas90
10-09-11, 00:08
No. Well at least not for Tomb Raider. Can't remember if I've ever skipped school to play any game.

ShadyCroft
10-09-11, 00:17
Nope. I never skipped school to play a video game. :)

TombOfRaiders
10-09-11, 01:08
I've skipped school to play a video game once before but it weren't Tomb Raider.

FloTheMachine
10-09-11, 01:09
Nope. :wve:

King.Louie
10-09-11, 02:24
When GOL was released...well actually given away for free (silly gamespot http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa368/kinglouie141/tehe.png) i skipped a day of class to play it :D

Alpharaider47
10-09-11, 02:37
Noooop, but I did skip to play Halo. My High School Algebra teacher almost skipped the day that Halo 3 came out :vlol:

Catracoth
10-09-11, 02:41
No...
Skip school to play Tomb Raider? It's not that amazing.

the ancient
10-09-11, 07:23
No...
Skip school to play Tomb Raider? It's not that amazing.

Agreed
I never skipped school.

Admles
10-09-11, 07:41
No.

Anyone who has needs help.

Catracoth
10-09-11, 07:42

LOL I know right?
It gets on my nerves when people go to midnight launches and then stay home the next day to play the game. Are you kidding me? Get a life.

Paddy
10-09-11, 07:50
No.

Agreed.

NRO.
10-09-11, 07:55
No, but I know people who did.

Snazabaz
10-09-11, 07:56
Can't say I have. Isn't that a bit much? I'd rather have an education than be good at tomb raider...

tomee
10-09-11, 08:04
No and I'm not planning to. Those who did are.. umm I can't find a proper word, but they need help.

Changeling
10-09-11, 08:49
Never to specifically play TR, but if I've found myself pulling a sicky I'll usually stick it on to amuse myself. Personally I think you're more abnormal if you've never skipped school in your life: I used to skip all the time, but now that I've left and moved onto Higher Education, those days are done.

tomee
10-09-11, 09:06
^
I must be some abnormal degenarete then because I never skipped school to play a game or drink or just to hang out. And it's my second year in secondary school.

Matie
10-09-11, 09:08
^
I must be some abnormal degenarete then because I never skipped school to play a game or drink or just to hang out.

Same here.:p

I wouldn't skip school to play a game, I'd just rush learning at home to be able to play sooner.

Caesum
10-09-11, 09:14
You're strange. ; OOO

Never for a game, but when I was sick of something in school, then yeah.

Changeling
10-09-11, 09:29
I wasn't meaning to play a game or drink, I was just meaning in general. It just seems like it's part of the rebellion phase of growing up. Obviously it's not advised, but it's just something that happened for me. I finished my final year of school a few months ago and now I'm in University, so doing it now and again didn't destroy my life. You seem to be under the impression that skipping school happens because you're just lazy and can't be bothered, and admittedly sometimes I'd pull a sicky if I didn't feel like it, but for me it was also a case of bullying which drove me away.

just_love_her
10-09-11, 09:35
Only once. I skipped last class (it was art) and went home. But that's about it. :)

Paddy
10-09-11, 09:37
Anyone who tells me they haven't skipped a day in school is full of ****. lol jk
Have to admit aside from being sick I did skip a couple of days of school due to the bullying, ended up going back regardless even if I wanted to quit.

igonge
10-09-11, 09:41
I skipped school a lot during my 4th and 5th years at high school due to be majorly stressed out, I even got offered 2 weeks off to deal with my stress. I used to walk off to school and couldn't bring myself to go inside the grounds, I'd turn back and go off to sit in the park all day. I didn't stay for my 6th year, I did that work at college instead and I was much happier. People skip school for Tomb Raider?... puh-leez.

Changeling
10-09-11, 09:41
And no offense tomee, but you're only in your 2nd Year: you'll have so much more to deal with in the coming years.

igonge
10-09-11, 09:45
What didn't help me was that my guidance teacher was a stupid old bitch who was living in the 50's. High School was a horrible time for me. It only ended in 2010 but it seems like it was so long ago.

Admles
10-09-11, 10:01
Anyone who tells me they haven't skipped a day in school is full of ****. lol jk
Have to admit aside from being sick I did skip a couple of days of school due to the bullying, ended up going back regardless even if I wanted to quit.
Sorry bro, but in all my years of schooling I never once skipped, I had less than 7 sick days off total from Primary School to High school, and I've never taken a fake sick day from work ever

Of course, I'm also insane :D

Paddy
10-09-11, 10:02
Sorry bro, but in all my years of schooling I never once skipped, I had less than 7 sick days off total from Primary School to High school, and I've never taken a fake sick day from work ever

Of course, I'm also insane :D

White text :p

cezy rockeru
10-09-11, 10:03
I didn't play Tomb Raider when I "accidentally" skipped school.

That would be a waste of sleep hours. >:

Admles
10-09-11, 10:04
White text :p
Doesn't show up on iPhone :/

shebj
10-09-11, 10:07
I did skip school now and then in my last year but it wasn't for tr :D

Paddy
10-09-11, 10:10
Doesn't show up on iPhone :/
I said lol jk after that first line. lol

Zebra
10-09-11, 10:32
I've never skipped school for Tomb Raider. And I never would.

Summer B
10-09-11, 10:55
Have you ever skipped school or work to play Tomb Raider?

Nope, I like my games, but Im not going to skip school because of them. Besides, my parents would never let me stay off school just to play a video game, lol. Why did yours? ;)

Changeling
10-09-11, 10:57
High School was a horrible time for me. It only ended in 2010 but it seems like it was so long ago.

High School only ended a few months ago for me, and I think this is the happiest I've ever been in my life. I don't miss anything about it in the slightest.

Besides, my parents would never let me stay off school just to play a video game, lol. Why did yours? ;)

Parents usually don't know that you're skipping.

cezy rockeru
10-09-11, 10:59
Parents usually don't know that you're skipping.

Unless they're home at the time you go to school.

Which happens,a lot.

Changeling
10-09-11, 11:00
If you pull a sicky, then they usually don't know that you're faking (if you're good at it). Or if you walk out the school and claim you have a free period like what I did (though in my last year I had about 20 free periods, so it was true). Just to be clear, I'm not promoting skipping, just sharing my experiences. I just think it's part of the rebellion phase in your teenage years: everyone I know has skipped school at least once in their life, young or old. I wouldn't recommend doing it regularly, because you can become stuck in a cycle which is very, very difficult to get out of. People don't seem to understand that skipping can become an addiction.

Weemanply109
10-09-11, 11:31
No.

SMH. :rolleyes:

LOL I know right?
It gets on my nerves when people go to midnight launches and then stay home the next day to play the game. Are you kidding me? Get a life.

They are, and they are doing whatever they want to do with it.

Why does it concern you? :o No offence :)

lara_croft5
10-09-11, 11:36
played 3 days in a row :D

larson n natla
10-09-11, 11:40
Nope. :cool:

Vinkula
10-09-11, 11:43
I've never skipped school for Tomb Raider. And I never would.

:tmb: School is more important.

Lenochka
10-09-11, 11:56
No, which surprises me since I am always looking for excuses to justify skipping work and use to do the same for school. :p The result is having no more vacation or sick days until January 1st... long road ahead of me ; - ;

Rai
10-09-11, 12:06
Nope. I was once late for work at a voluntary placement once from playing. I said the bus was late. But that's as far as it goes.

ultima espio
10-09-11, 12:25
Nope, as tempting as it was :p

My parents know straight away if I'm putting it on:o

tomee
10-09-11, 13:10
And no offense tomee, but you're only in your 2nd Year: you'll have so much more to deal with in the coming years.

I already have.

BTW it occured to me that I skipped a german lesson once in the 8th grade. Does that count? I simply wanted to get away from school. It was the last lesson.

And if I understand right you sometimes faked sickness because you were bullied? I was bullied a few times, and I faced it.

Jester Head
10-09-11, 13:16
Probably skipped some classes to do stuff. Some of that stuff may have been playing TR.

I play it at work, sometimes.

Summer B
10-09-11, 13:28
Unless they're home at the time you go to school.

Which happens,a lot.

One or both of my parents are usually home when I leave for school, it depends what shift theyre working - Mums a nurse and dads a cop. Itd be a bit weird if none of them were home really, coz the last thing I do before I go is give them a hug. :)

Changeling
10-09-11, 14:03
And if I understand right you sometimes faked sickness because you were bullied? I was bullied a few times, and I faced it.

Faked sickness, walked out of school while I was in it, refused to go. I got sucked into a cycle where I felt like I couldn't stop. You were bullied a few times, I was bullied for six years non-stop, and no matter what I did to get help, it never stopped. Simply not going to school became the best answer. It's not like it matters much anymore anyway: I got my qualifications on my own and now I'm moving on. I'm lucky in the fact that I have so many amazing friends who supported me through everything, but it's hard to understand the skipping cycle unless you're in it yourself. Anyway, sop post over.

Spong
10-09-11, 14:11
Nope. I like TR, but I'm not that sad.

Atlantisfreak666
10-09-11, 14:15
I care more about my education than I do TR. Just sayin'.

cezy rockeru
10-09-11, 14:17
I'd never fake sickness just for TR. :p

I could do it for more important things,because it doesn't always work. >:I

Changeling
10-09-11, 14:18
There was a guy on that TR documentary (Lethal & Loaded) who booked an entire week off his work just to play it. Simmer...

cezy rockeru
10-09-11, 14:19
There was a guy on that TR documentary (Lethal & Loaded) who booked an entire week off his work just to play it. Simmer...

Some people have no life >:

Changeling
10-09-11, 14:21
Ikr? His wife seemed annoyed at it, but not as annoyed as she should've been. If anyone I knew booked a week off work for a game I'd tell them to pull themselves together.

cezy rockeru
10-09-11, 14:25
Ikr? His wife seemed annoyed at it, but not as annoyed as she should've been. If anyone I knew booked a week off work for a game I'd tell them to pull themselves together.

But.. It depends on which TR game,too ;D

I hope it wasn't Legend.

larson n natla
10-09-11, 14:31
To be fair some people have passions and Tomb Raider is obviously one for many people.

If playing a game is worth booking a week off work and losing the wage for those days off then good luck to the person. :tmb:

Jester Head
10-09-11, 14:34
But.. It depends on which TR game,too ;D

I hope it wasn't Legend.

You don't need a week for Legend.

Changeling
10-09-11, 14:34
I hope it wasn't Legend.

Nah it was the classics, that documentary came out around 2000 I think. Suppose we could cut him some slack.

cezy rockeru
10-09-11, 14:35
You don't need a week for Legend.

Only if you replay it. 246 times a day. Which would be impossible,since it's boring the first time.

You've got a point.

Monari
10-09-11, 14:47
Never.
I would probably feel guilty and wouldn't be able to really enjoy it anyway. :o

tomee
10-09-11, 15:05
Faked sickness, walked out of school while I was in it, refused to go. I got sucked into a cycle where I felt like I couldn't stop. You were bullied a few times, I was bullied for six years non-stop, and no matter what I did to get help, it never stopped. Simply not going to school became the best answer. It's not like it matters much anymore anyway: I got my qualifications on my own and now I'm moving on. I'm lucky in the fact that I have so many amazing friends who supported me through everything, but it's hard to understand the skipping cycle unless you're in it yourself. Anyway, sop post over.

those few times were actual for 3-4 years. It just didn't happen everyday. Everyone called me fag (I'm str8) even though they knew it's not true. They just wanted to make me upset. Before P.E. lessons when I entered the changing room those douches said 'Hey, next door', referring to the girls' room. And I sucked at P.E. anyway which was also a spot were they could mock me.
I was so angry and upset. It just popped out of nowhere. But still I never skipped school because of that.

I might be not right, but it still seems to me some kind of rebell. And those who rebell who don't behave as he/she should be, eg; skips school. No offense intended, maybe you just couldn't handle it, but I always thought and still think this.

tomekkobialka
10-09-11, 15:17
I can't believe the amount of people who have skipped school for video games! :vlol: Don't you realise, school is FAR more important than anything else, even TR! :p

Rosaly
10-09-11, 16:30
ONCE.I remember I was late for School, when I fir played Anniversary, I didn't want to get up from my pc!!! :D

just*raidin*tomb
10-09-11, 16:31
Of course I have.

What a silly question.

cezy rockeru
10-09-11, 16:32
I can't believe the amount of people who have skipped school for video games! :vlol: Don't you realise, school is FAR more important than anything else, even TR! :p

But it's not like we didn't go to school a whole year just for TR..

Jester Head
10-09-11, 16:40

Have you ever been to university? There are some classes which are completely useless, you may as well use that time to do other things.

TippingWater
10-09-11, 16:41
All the time :D .

BrandonFlowers
10-09-11, 16:49
I did use to fake illness to get a day off school, pretty easy when you have diabetes, I'd play Tomb Raider all day. :hug:

tomekkobialka
10-09-11, 16:49
But it's not like we didn't go to school a whole year just for TR..

Yep, but every school hour counts. If you miss an experiment in Physics, for example, you will have a lesser understanding and unless you learn the topic yourself, then you are screwed. :)

Have you ever been to university? There are some classes which are completely useless, you may as well use that time to do other things.

We're talking about school here...;) University classes can be useless sometimes! :whi:

cezy rockeru
10-09-11, 16:51
Yep, but every school hour counts. If you miss an experiment in Physics, for example, you will have a lesser understanding and unless you learn the topic yourself, then you are screwed. :)

lol,no. ;D

I almost always skip music class,cuz we learn nothing and it's really unwanted.

SkyPuppy
10-09-11, 16:52
I did use to fake illness to get a day off school, pretty easy when you have diabetes, I'd play Tomb Raider all day. :hug:

i don't know why, but, i found this post adorable.

tomekkobialka
10-09-11, 16:58
lol,no. ;D

I almost always skip music class,cuz we learn nothing and it's really unwanted.

If you feel that music classes are waste of time then so be it! :) (I don't go to your school so I have no idea :D) You've still got to learn for the exam, though...:pi:

peeves
10-09-11, 17:07
Yes when i was 10 years old to play TR4.

jajay119
10-09-11, 17:08
Yes when i was 10 years old to play TR4.

Same except it was to play TR1.

Romantics Inc.
10-09-11, 17:22
Yes.