PDA

View Full Version : Would you say tomb raider is a group game?

leglion
09-09-11, 22:58
Is tomb raider a good game to play in groups? Or is it best to play it by yourself?

In my personal experience, tomb raider is a horrible game to play in groups. It's very awkward solving puzzles with my friends. The only time they really get exited is when a huge monster comes around the corner and then "So, no blood? Let's put in Ninja Gaiden." The closest thing to a tomb raider game that can be played in groups seems to be GOL.

So what do you guy think?

Legend of Lara
09-09-11, 23:01
Yeah, it's best to play them alone. Unless the other people are also TR fans. Then it can be fun.

larafan25
09-09-11, 23:02
IDK I don't have friends.

Lul.

Everyone tells these stories of themselves peering through their mother's stomach as a fetus watching her play the games, I never touched games that young nor did I ever play with other (at least not Tomb Raider) people.

I think it can be a good group game, the classics. However, it could also be horrible.

Zelda master
09-09-11, 23:05
I'd rather play them alone, but Underworld is fun with multiple people and just simply bash the livinh hell out of it:p

patriots88888
09-09-11, 23:06
No way! I much prefer the solitude of just me, the dark, the stereo and Lara. :pi:

VictorXD
09-09-11, 23:07
From experience, TR is NOT a game to play in groups, and like LoL said, its only fun if the other person is also a TR fan.

Mad Tony
09-09-11, 23:08
Not really. That said, some of my fondest Tomb Raider memories are of watching other people play Tomb Raider when I was younger. Don't know if that counts. I remember one time there were literally about 6 of us crowded round one person who was playing the game (Temple Ruins in TR III to be precise - don't ask how I remember that). It our first time through that level as well so it was quite nervy what with the statues and all. That's probably one of the reasons why I rate that level so highly.

Dark Lugia 2
09-09-11, 23:12
The Tomb Raider games are single player games. Doesnt that already answer the question? Taking turns to play TR would be boring! :p Watching in a group could work.

GoL is fun to play in groups because it is an actual multiplayer game.

SkyPuppy
09-09-11, 23:17
usually when i play TR, i end up taking turns playing it with my mother.

patriots88888
09-09-11, 23:17
The Tomb Raider games are single player games. Doesnt that already answer the question? Taking turns to play TR would be boring! :p

*tries to imagine that amongst certain members here on TRF* Oh the lulz that would bring!

Lukass
09-09-11, 23:22
No way! I much prefer the solitude of just me, the dark, the stereo and Lara. :pi:

Agree :)

Rai
09-09-11, 23:25
I tried playing Tomb Raider with my son, taking turns, but I selfishly prefer playing on my own. I just have a thing about solving puzzles by myself and not having a running commentary of what's going on/needing to talk things over.

Super Badnik
09-09-11, 23:28
Dosen't really need to be said again but Tomb Raider is certainly more of a solo experience. I'd say it was probably designed to be that way.

larafan25
09-09-11, 23:32
Dosen't really need to be said again but Tomb Raider is certainly more of a solo experience. I'd say it was probably designed to be that way.

Yeah, it's single player.

Yet you can change the camera angle and have practically the same gameplay and it works with two players.

ThatNorskChick
09-09-11, 23:33
Not really. That said, some of my fondest Tomb Raider memories are of watching other people play Tomb Raider when I was younger. Don't know if that counts.

Same here, I would sit and watch my friend play it all the time.

That's also how I learned to shoot pistols in the dark instead of wasting flares. :p

moodydog
09-09-11, 23:33
I played TRL and TRA with my friend... we just took the piss out of them through playing. :p I played them more seriously on my own.

Mad Tony
09-09-11, 23:34
Same here, I would sit and watch my friend play it all the time.

That's also how I learned to shoot pistols in the dark instead of wasting flares. :pThe amount of little tricks I learned through watching other people play is staggering.

sandygrimm
10-09-11, 06:25
NO, it's a single person game. Best since Lara is one woman against the ancient world :p Seems also it was made for one person atmosphere IMO.

SirPlagueRat
10-09-11, 08:04
It's more of a solo experience... unless, of course, you're with another TR fan. Then you can take turns and laugh at Lara as she dies horribly. :mis:

xXhayleyroxXx
10-09-11, 11:01
It's definately a solo game, but I like someone there with me because I get scared n_n

Ora Dagger
10-09-11, 13:18
I play every game alone. Nobody in my family plays games and I have no friends:wve:

Lara Croft!
10-09-11, 13:22
It's best to play TR alone...

Summer B
10-09-11, 13:34
I didnt even know you could play TR in a group - is there a multiplayer option Ive missed somewhere?

cezy rockeru
10-09-11, 13:35
I play every game alone. Nobody in my family plays games and I have no friends:wve:

omg,liek,SAME! n.n

Vinkula
10-09-11, 15:04
Alone. It feels like I am the only one in my family (and friends group) who understands how to solve a puzzle...

tomekkobialka
10-09-11, 15:50
Do you know why I love TR so much? Because it is one of the only games where you don't have a multiplayer option! :vlol: