PDA

View Full Version : The TR Level Tournament: Round 3, Part 2 Voting

Ward Dragon
10-09-11, 22:57
See the general thread for the tournament (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=183565) which includes all match-ups from Round 3, as well as the results from Rounds 1 and 2.

Part 1 consists of the winners from Quarters 3 and 4 from Round 2.

Please vote for one level from each pair :)

Round 3, Part 1 Results
Winners are in bold.

Palace Midas (TR1)
The Deck (TR2)

Tomb of Semerkhet (TRLR)
Coastal Village (TR3)

Barkhang Monastery (TR2)
The Great Pyramid (TR1)

Tomb of Qualopec (TR1)
Bartoli's Hideout (TR2)

The Hall of Seasons (AoD)
Wreck of the Maria Doria (TR2)

The River Ganges (TR3)
Home Sweet Home (TR2)

The Lost Library (TRLR)
The Great Wall (TR2)

St. Francis Folly (TR1)
Lost City of Tinnos (TR3)

b0bb13
10-09-11, 23:00
I can't believe Home Sweet Home and The Great Wall are out of the competition. They're like, the best non-Venice levels. ;_;

EDIT: Dat Venice. <3
EDIT2: Do not vote against it, heathens. 3':{

Jester Head
10-09-11, 23:21
I hope Venice wins this one!

Seth94
10-09-11, 23:21
My votes:

Obelisk of Khamoon
Venice
Tibetan Foothills
The Floating Islands
Temple of Xian
Louvre Galleries
Nevada Desert
Aquatic Research Area

Rai
10-09-11, 23:43
Voted.

And I predict the blank options will get 2 votes each *sigh*:p

King.Louie
10-09-11, 23:45
So many TR2 levels in this set :tmb: Lets hope some win!! :D

Blackmoor
11-09-11, 00:03
I picked:

Obelisk of Khamoon
Venice
The Lost Valley
Colosseum
Desert Railroad
Louvre Galleries
Nevada Desert
Sanctuary of the Scion

Some nice levels in this round. I stumbled over Louvre Galleries v. Jungle, but in the end, there's just something about The Louvre... :)

peeves
11-09-11, 00:38
Obelisk of Khamoon
Crash Site
Tibetan Foothills
Floating Islands
Temple of Xian
Jungle
Nevada Desert
Aquatic Research Area

sheepman23
11-09-11, 00:53
Ah... there are even more amazing levels in this poll than the previous one. :( It's getting very tough.

Obelisk of Khamoon: One of the most underrated levels of TR1, IMO - it's incredible in a lot of different ways, from the exploration to the beauty of it. :) Coastal Ruins is rather confusing and several parts are annoying/boring, so this was by far the easiest pick of this round.

Crash Site: Top 10 level right here, there are very few levels that could beat it. Venice is good, but the sheer brilliance of Crash Site overshadows it IMO. :D

The Lost Valley: Toughest pair of this round - two amazing levels, but in the end I had to give it to this one as I've got more nostalgic ties with it.

The Floating Islands: Colosseum is very atmospheric and a great TR experience, but The Floating Islands wins for me as its one of the most cool and different ideas of the series. The atmosphere just pulses, and there's an incredibly spooky sense the whole way throughout, something that very few levels in TR possess. :tmb:

Temple of Xian: Sorry Desert Railroad, but my second-favorite level of the series wins this one by a mile. :p

Louvre Galleries: I couldn't resist going with AoD's only standout level here, although Jungle is very nice and an awesome opener to TR3. :)

Nevada Desert: Again, a very difficult match-up as both levels probably make it into my Top 20. However, I ended up going with Nevada Desert as it feels a bit more unique to me, no other level of the series is quite like it. It's also so bright and cheery. :jmp:

Sanctuary of the Scion: Aquatic Research Area is one of the better-executed ideas of AoD, so it deserves credit - but the clear winner here is Sanctuary of the Scion, atleast for me. :D

Seth94
11-09-11, 00:56
There were some tough choices in this poll. ;)

I hope Tibetan Foothills wins. Lost Valley is an overrated TR level imo. :)

peeves
11-09-11, 01:03
There were some tough choices in this poll. ;)

I hope Tibetan Foothills wins. Lost Valley is an overrated TR level imo. :)

I don't think lost valley is so bad but i still prefer tibetan foothills over lost valley. I think TR4 is overrated.

tomee
11-09-11, 08:58
I don't think lost valley is so bad but i still prefer tibetan foothills over lost valley. I think TR4 is overrated.

hmm, I think it's rather unappreciated. There are little poeple who prefers that game to most of the classics.

Jester Head
11-09-11, 09:20
I think Lost Valley is overrated, but I think Tibetan Foothills is even more. It is, by far, the worst TR2 level for me, I don't see how many people include it in their favourites!

tomee
11-09-11, 09:24
I think Lost Valley is overrated, but I think Tibetan Foothills is even more. It is, by far, the worst TR2 level for me, I don't see how many people include it in their favourites!

I voted for Tibetian foothills but I agree that both Lost valley and Tibetian foothills are overrated. They aren't bad at all, but they are 'worshipped' (lol couldn't resist) more than they should be.

SirPlagueRat
11-09-11, 10:20
Obelisk of Khamoon
Venice
Tibetan Foothills (The Lost Valley is very fun, but overrated imo. :p)
The Floating Islands
Temple of Xian
Louvre Galleries
Nevada Desert
Sanctuary of the Scion

aidanmalone
11-09-11, 10:26
Wow Venice and Crash Site were my favourite level from each game Its so hard to choose >_<
I put Crash Site :)
Looking forward to the rest :tmb:

sheepman23
11-09-11, 11:51
Voted.

And I predict the blank options will get 2 votes each *sigh*:p

Well, your prediction is halfway there. :vlol:

I agree with tomee, it's rather underrated if you ask me. And this is coming from someone who considers it his least-favorite of the classic games. :p

Well... this is why I include it in my favorites:
- The bright, open skies and windy ambience are a welcome change from the dreary Maria Doria
- The canyon area, which is so much fun to climb and explore
- Snowmobile and the music :p
- I really like the whole trip for the Hut Key, and then having to return

I could list more but will keep it at this for now. :)

LaraDuh
11-09-11, 14:29
Lourve Galleries FTW! ^.^

sheepman23
11-09-11, 14:35
Oh no... Crash Site is losing... :( :( :( :( :(

LaraDuh
11-09-11, 14:42
^ thats reasonable. Venice, the first ever city enviroment would beat the like 5th jungle enviroment, as much as i love the whole south pacific are of TR3 Venice is much more memorable.

sheepman23
11-09-11, 14:45
^ thats reasonable. Venice, the first ever city enviroment would beat the like 5th jungle enviroment, as much as i love the whole south pacific are of TR3 Venice is much more memorable.

I respectfully disagree. :) Venice is a very memorable level, but Crash Site is even more. It's like Lost Valley 2.0, only more challenging, more expansive, and with more dinosaurs. :mis: It and Madubu Gorge are the most perfect back-to-back pair of levels in the series, IMO. :tmb:

LaraDuh
11-09-11, 14:47
I respectfully disagree. :) Venice is a very memorable level, but Crash Site is even more. It's like Lost Valley 2.0, only more challenging, more expansive, and with more dinosaurs. :mis: It and Madubu Gorge are the most perfect back-to-back pair of levels in the series, IMO. :tmb:

yes but its the third level with dinosaurs and is nothing new like Venice was :)

b0bb13
11-09-11, 14:48
Pfft, Crash Site is anything but memorable, it took me a while to even remember that it was one of the Pacific levels. I find all those levels to be quite derp. Along with the rest of TR3. [/lolbiased]

sheepman23
11-09-11, 14:52
yes but its the third level with dinosaurs and is nothing new like Venice was :)

Yeah, but it's also more innovative with the use of Australian soldiers helping you out. Venice actually bores me a little bit, I'm not going to lie. It's a really nice-looking level, and incredibly memorable, but Bartoli's Hideout does a better job of keeping me interested. :tmb:

I guess I won't mind if Venice wins, as I know how popular of a level it is, but Crash Site is one of my favorite TR levels of all time. Most definitely in my Top 10. :D

Romantics Inc.
11-09-11, 14:53
I have a lot of memories with Coastal Ruins. More than I do with Obilesk of Khamoon.

LaraDuh
11-09-11, 14:56
I have a lot of memories with Coastal Ruins. More than I do with Obilesk of Khamoon.

those avatars are giving me nightmares, like for cereal :(

SkyPuppy
11-09-11, 14:58
b0bb13: wowzerz!

those avatars are giving me nightmares, like for cereal :(

yours is just as scary, imo.

LaraDuh
11-09-11, 15:00
b0bb13: wowzerz!

yours is just as scary, imo.

:( Avril is awesome

TRexbait
11-09-11, 15:01
It seems like I'm one of the only ones who doesn't really like the TR2 Venice or underwater levels. I think they're kind of drab, they never seemed particularly special to me.

I never really liked city levels all that much in TR, a few exceptions with Lud's Gate, Aldywich, Red Alert!, but that's pretty much it.

sheepman23
11-09-11, 15:12

Coastal Ruins is memorable... but sometimes not for the best reasons. It's a beautiful level, no doubt about that, but the puzzle for getting into the Catacombs is awful. You have to go through 4 or 5 loading screens, as well a crawlspace 4 of 5 times that requires you to climb in, crawl to the other side, turn around, back out, and drop down. It sounds like I'm nit-picking, but it's really a very annoying task that could've been avoided. :(

Obelisk of Khamoon... I love it. :D It's just solid from top to bottom, the exploration factor is amazing, it's one of the prettiest levels of TR1, and it correctly mixes all of the elements that make Tomb Raider amazing. :tmb:

(By the way, what is up with the creepy girl avatars? :vlol:)

LaraDuh
11-09-11, 15:45
Coastal Ruins is memorable... but sometimes not for the best reasons. It's a beautiful level, no doubt about that, but the puzzle for getting into the Catacombs is awful. You have to go through 4 or 5 loading screens, as well a crawlspace 4 of 5 times that requires you to climb in, crawl to the other side, turn around, back out, and drop down. It sounds like I'm nit-picking, but it's really a very annoying task that could've been avoided. :(

Obelisk of Khamoon... I love it. :D It's just solid from top to bottom, the exploration factor is amazing, it's one of the prettiest levels of TR1, and it correctly mixes all of the elements that make Tomb Raider amazing. :tmb:

(By the way, what is up with the creepy girl avatars? :vlol:)

him and killercowz are trying to get everyone to change them to those creepy ass ones as some sort of new fad

Seth94
11-09-11, 16:12
I'm surprised that Aquatic Research Area is losing. Imo it's one of the best levels of AOD. :)

sheepman23
11-09-11, 16:16
I'm surprised that Aquatic Research Area is losing. Imo it's one of the best levels of AOD. :)

While I agree that it's one of the best levels of AoD, "Sanctuary of the Scion" is a name that any TR fan - whether or not they've played TR1 - will recognize. That sphinx is something that every TR fan will recognize. ARA is cool, and has the brilliant puzzle of feeding the underwater mutant, but it just ends up in the shadow of SotS, plain and simple.

Seth94
11-09-11, 16:24
That sphinx is something that every TR fan will recognize.

I don't agree. There are sphinx's in lots of other TR levels, so I don't see how it should only standout in this level. Personally, I think Sanctuary of the Scion is a great level, but there's something about it which doesn't compare to Aquatic Research Area. Just my opinion though. :)

Saman
11-09-11, 16:39
Voted, thank you guys, this is fun!

My picks are:

Obelisk of Khamoon (TR1)
_

Venice (TR2)
_

The Lost Valley (TR1)
_

Colosseum (TR1)
_

Temple of Xian (TR2)
_

Louvre Galleries (AoD)
_

Nevada Desert (TR3)
_

Sanctuary of the Scion (TR1)

sheepman23
11-09-11, 18:05
Voted, thank you guys, this is fun!)

You're welcome. :hug: Glad you've enjoyed it! :D

Vinkula
11-09-11, 18:21
Voted. :)

LaraDuh
11-09-11, 18:29
When will the next one be up? sorry for rushing but im getting excited:jmp:

sheepman23
11-09-11, 18:38
When will the next one be up? sorry for rushing but im getting excited:jmp:

Well, this poll was posted yesterday, so it won't be for two days yet. :whi:

I see some... really tough matchups coming though, these are the ones that have already been determined (the other half will come from the results of this poll):

Palace Midas vs. Coastal Village
Barkhang Monastery vs. Bartoli's Hideout
Wreck of the Maria Doria vs. The River Ganges
The Lost Library vs. St. Francis Folly

:cln:

Seth94
11-09-11, 18:43
The Lost Library vs. St. Francis Folly is a tough matchup, but I think the others are quite easy. :)

LaraDuh
11-09-11, 18:45
The Lost Library vs. St. Francis Folly is a tough matchup, but I think the others are quite easy. :)

yea those others are quite easy to choose from. but i think im gonna pick the Library because the folly is overrated.

sheepman23
11-09-11, 18:46

That pair and Wreck of the Maria Doria vs. The River Ganges are tough for me. The other two all consist of awesome levels too, but there's one clear winner from each for me. ;)

LaraDuh
11-09-11, 18:47
That pair and Wreck of the Maria Doria vs. The River Ganges are tough for me. The other two all consist of awesome levels too, but there's one clear winner from each for me. ;)

Maria Doria is awesome. i hated that stupid ATV and the exploding in the water :hea: pissed me off so much.

sheepman23
11-09-11, 18:48
Maria Doria is awesome. i hated that stupid ATV and the exploding in the water :hea: pissed me off so much.

:vlol:

Seth94
11-09-11, 18:49
yea those others are quite easy to choose from. but i think im gonna pick the Library because the folly is overrated.

Lost Valley is more overrated imo. I agree somewhat about St. Francis Folly being overrated. It's a great level though. :tmb:

I agree. There seems to be more TR2 levels left than other TR levels. :)

TRexbait
11-09-11, 19:36
Well, this poll was posted yesterday, so it won't be for two days yet. :whi:

I see some... really tough matchups coming though, these are the ones that have already been determined (the other half will come from the results of this poll):

Palace Midas vs. Coastal Village
Barkhang Monastery vs. Bartoli's Hideout
Wreck of the Maria Doria vs. The River Ganges
The Lost Library vs. St. Francis Folly

:cln:
The only hard one is Wreck of the Maria Doria vs River Ganges. ;)

The other ones are no brainers, and all who do not have my opinion on them will die :mad:

... Ok not really, they won't die. :p

Johnnay
11-09-11, 20:12

Tough matchup. The folly will easily beat it.

LaraDuh
11-09-11, 20:20
:vlol:

im so cereal, atv's dont explode when they hit the water!! duh core was stupid when it came to vehicles

Dingaling
11-09-11, 20:28
Desert Railroad versus Temple of Xian? That's just rude again. Two of my favourite levels pitted against one another and both are really very different from one another. I picked TOX because it is more 'Tomb Raider' but I do love both levels.

The round match ups are getting interesting. Can't wait to see the next levels that are coming up :).

sheepman23
11-09-11, 22:37
NOOOOOOOO... live, Crash Site, LIVE!!!!! :hea:

*gives CPR*

TRexbait
11-09-11, 22:59
Anybody notice that, as the tournament goes on, the scores between levels get closer and closer?

peeves
11-09-11, 23:02
I didn't notice that but i'm glad that all the TR4 levels in this poll are getting beat :p

sheepman23
11-09-11, 23:25
I didn't notice that but i'm glad that all the TR4 levels in this poll are getting beat :p

Why do you all of a sudden hate TRLR so much? :confused:

Love2Raid
11-09-11, 23:30
NOOOOOOOO... live, Crash Site, LIVE!!!!! :hea:

*gives CPR*
Venice is a fun level, well, itīs different I guess. But Crash Site is better in my opinion. So I just injected some adrenaline into it. :p

Voted for TR1 levels wherever possible... donīt really care that much about the others, except for Xian.

Seth94
11-09-11, 23:38
All my choices are winning except for Tibetan Foothills and Aquatic Research Area. Sanctuary of the Scion and Aquatic Research Area are great levels, so I don't really mind which goes through, although I prefer Aquatic Research Area, but I really think Tibetan Foothills should be winning against Lost Valley. :rolleyes:

Love2Raid
11-09-11, 23:45
Nothing beats a giant T-Rex... except for 2 giant T-Rexes. But this isnīt The Great Wall weīre talking about. :ton:

Seth94
11-09-11, 23:47
Nothing beats a giant T-Rex... except for 2 giant T-Rexes. But this isnīt The Great Wall weīre talking about. :ton:

A T-rex doesn't automatically make a level amazing lol. :p I just felt that there was hardly anything to do in the valley, there could have been much more to explore. Tibetan Foothills was a much more fun level with better gameplay. :)

Love2Raid
11-09-11, 23:55
Yes it does! :D

They are both great levels, but I enjoyed Lost Valley more. I liked how quiet the place was, and then all of the sudden you get attacked by a bat or a raptor. :)
Never liked human enemies in TR to be honest, there were so many in TR2. :o

sheepman23
12-09-11, 00:05
A T-rex doesn't automatically make a level amazing lol. :p I just felt that there was hardly anything to do in the valley, there could have been much more to explore. Tibetan Foothills was a much more fun level with better gameplay. :)

I love Tibetan Foothills a lot, as you know, but very little competes with the nostalgia of The Lost Valley. And the t-rex is part of that - I think that's what Love2Raid was trying to say. The t-rex doesn't automatically make a level better, it just increases the memorability of it. :tmb:

But even when you take out the raptors and t-rex, The Lost Valley is still an awesome level - it's one of those where you look around at the valley and think "Wow, look at all of the rocks I get to climb on!" and then you get to. :D

Love2Raid
12-09-11, 00:16
Yes, you are right. :tmb:
There is a lot to do, and I remember that we even got lost in this level (we could not find the last cog, the one that's at the top of the waterfall, on the other side of the 'river'). We ended up climbing the rocks till we reached the end of the map. :vlol:

Great fun, it's all in the nostalgia indeed. <3

Melonie Tomb Raider
12-09-11, 00:18
The Floating Islands is my favorite TR level ever :D

sheepman23
12-09-11, 00:22
The Floating Islands is my favorite TR level ever :D

You have excellent taste. :tmb:

(OMG A 2002 MEMBER!!!! :yik: *bows* :D)

LaraDuh
12-09-11, 01:17
Lourve Galleries better not lose :pi:

sheepman23
12-09-11, 01:21
Lourve Galleries better not lose :pi:

Wow, that's a rather close pair... :eek:

To be fair, both levels are great. :D

peeves
12-09-11, 12:33
Why do you all of a sudden hate TRLR so much? :confused:

Because that game is long and boring and takes forever to complete and only takes place in egypt. Plus on top of that the red sky in Giza makes the atmosphere look terrible.

Jester Head
12-09-11, 12:57
I love TRLR.. I love the first three more, sure, but I do love TRLR

peeves
12-09-11, 13:02
I love TRLR.. I love the first three more, sure, but I do love TRLR

I like TR1, TR2, TR3, TR5, and TR6 more than TR4.

stereopathic
12-09-11, 15:24
I'm pretty surprised Venice isn't destroying Crash Site. It's not the most "Tomb Raidery" level but it possesses a unique elegance and a remarkable climax, making for a memorable experience.

By contrast, Crash Site feels like a silly blunt instrument. It has that painful monkey-bar sequence that just kills the pacing and makes you curse the camera. And if you're patient enough to endure it, your reward is...uzi clips? That's it? In addition, there's no real sense of isolation and the whole level culminates in a turret sequence like some half-hearted military shooter.

And raptors in the trees? Puh-leez.

Jester Head
12-09-11, 15:29
I'm pretty surprised Venice isn't destroying Crash Site. It's not the most "Tomb Raidery" level but it possesses a unique elegance and a remarkable climax, making for a memorable experience.

By contrast, Crash Site feels like a silly blunt instrument. It has that painful monkey-bar sequence that just kills the pacing and makes you curse the camera. And if you're patient enough to endure it, your reward is...uzi clips? That's it? In addition, there's no real sense of isolation and the whole level culminates in a turret sequence like some half-hearted military shooter.

And raptors in the trees? Puh-leez.

Finally someone that shares my views with Crash Site, another level, like Tibetan Foothills and Madubu Gorge, that falls on my "overrated" levels list:tmb:

Seth94
12-09-11, 15:49
Yes it does! :D

They are both great levels, but I enjoyed Lost Valley more. I liked how quiet the place was, and then all of the sudden you get attacked by a bat or a raptor. :)
Never liked human enemies in TR to be honest, there were so many in TR2. :o

So if that's the case, why not stick a T-rex in every level, and then it will be amazing. :confused: My point is, dinosaurs are just enemies like any other enemies, and imo, are no more exciting to battle than the atlantian creatures or the tinnos monsters. ;)

I love Tibetan Foothills a lot, as you know, but very little competes with the nostalgia of The Lost Valley. And the t-rex is part of that - I think that's what Love2Raid was trying to say. The t-rex doesn't automatically make a level better, it just increases the memorability of it. :tmb:

But even when you take out the raptors and t-rex, The Lost Valley is still an awesome level - it's one of those where you look around at the valley and think "Wow, look at all of the rocks I get to climb on!" and then you get to. :D

For me, Lost Valley wasn't very nostalgic. In fact, there's very little about it that makes me think, 'yeah, that's amazing'. Finding the three cogs isn't exactly a fun or difficult challenge, and the rest of the level is just placing the cogs, and not much else. A rather mediocre level imo. :)

Blackmoor
12-09-11, 17:25
But even when you take out the raptors and t-rex, The Lost Valley is still an awesome level - it's one of those where you look around at the valley and think "Wow, look at all of the rocks I get to climb on!" and then you get to. :DI agree with this.

There's a lovely balance about the structure of The Lost Valley that goes beyond the dinosaurs.

There's the waterfall, a deep pool to explore, a mechanism to restart and a hidden valley filled with deserted buildings, bridge and rocky nooks and crannies to explore. The whole thing is perfectly diverse within a small focused area of exploration - small slippy pathways beside swirling streams, hidden damp green, inner workings of some ancient water control system, a hidden passageway behind the waterfall, dark caves with wolves, vegetation covered rocks and a hidden hole leading out into a wide long, lost valley.

And raptors in the trees? Puh-leez.Ooh, I thought that worked really really well, and I didn't even vote for this level on here. :D

sheepman23
12-09-11, 21:30
For me, Lost Valley wasn't very nostalgic. In fact, there's very little about it that makes me think, 'yeah, that's amazing'. Finding the three cogs isn't exactly a fun or difficult challenge, and the rest of the level is just placing the cogs, and not much else. A rather mediocre level imo. :)

What do you expect for the third level of the series? :p They're not going to give us an amazingly challenging puzzle, and a puzzle doesn't have to be tough to be great. :tmb:

Again, this is all opinion, and in my opinion The Lost Valley is perfect. I know several think it's overrated... but I don't really think it is. It still gives me chills to this day when I walk out in the valley and a t-rex stomps at me. :yik: That's nostalgia. :D

There's the waterfall, a deep pool to explore, a mechanism to restart and a hidden valley filled with deserted buildings, bridge and rocky nooks and crannies to explore. The whole thing is perfectly diverse within a small focused area of exploration - small slippy pathways beside swirling streams, hidden damp green, inner workings of some ancient water control system, a hidden passageway behind the waterfall, dark caves with wolves, vegetation covered rocks and a hidden hole leading out into a wide long, lost valley.

Post of the day. :D

Ooh, I thought that worked really really well, and I didn't even vote for this level on here. :D

:smk: Go stand in the corner. :pi: :p

Seth94
12-09-11, 21:38
What do you expect for the third level of the series? :p They're not going to give us an amazingly challenging puzzle, and a puzzle doesn't have to be tough to be great. :tmb:

Well, I expect a better variety of gameplay from the previous levels, and imo, there wasn't. :o There was a much better variety of gameplay in level 3 of TR2 and TR3, so I don't think being the third level in the series means to say it can have mediocre gameplay. ;)

Again, this is all opinion, and in my opinion The Lost Valley is perfect. I know several think it's overrated... but I don't really think it is. It still gives me chills to this day when I walk out in the valley and a t-rex stomps at me. :yik: That's nostalgia. :D

Well, I can point out many flaws with the level. My previous posts give some of the faults, but I won't bother posting any more, because it won't affect the outcome of the result of the poll, and I feel that my reasons would be ignored anyway. :p

sheepman23
12-09-11, 21:50
Well, I expect a better variety of gameplay from the previous levels, and imo, there wasn't. :o There was a much better variety of gameplay in level 3 of TR2 and TR3, so I don't think being the third level in the series means to say it can have mediocre gameplay. ;)

I respectfully disagree. While I love The River Ganges, the biggest part of its gameplay is the quad bike, unless you decide to take the right-hand route, and even then it's not really diverse. The variety is a bit better in Bartoli's Hideout, but The Lost Valley still trumps it for me. Again, the memorability factor. :tmb:

Also, I think it's worth pointing out that The Lost Valley was the third level of the series. In the case of TR2 and TR3, they obviously spiced earlier levels up a little bit since most people were familiar with TR1 and its gameplay elements already. :)

Well, I can point out many flaws with the level. My previous posts give some of the faults, but I won't bother posting any more, because it won't affect the outcome of the result of the poll, and I feel that my reasons would be ignored anyway. :p

The experience > any flaws. :D

Also, what more could you ask for gameplay? A huge t-rex, raptors (combat: check), lots of climbing on the rocks (exploration: check), the cog puzzle (although you didn't like it, it still counts as a puzzle :D), lots of hidden areas (secrets: check), the list goes on and on.

Seth94
12-09-11, 22:27
The experience > any flaws. :D

Also, what more could you ask for gameplay? A huge t-rex, raptors (combat: check), lots of climbing on the rocks (exploration: check), the cog puzzle (although you didn't like it, it still counts as a puzzle :D), lots of hidden areas (secrets: check), the list goes on and on.

That's the thing though, it doesn't. I agree that there was good combat, and that the exploration was good, (although I still think there could have been more). I think that the cog puzzle was good, but getting the cogs should have been more challenging imo. :)

However, there isn't really much else that's great about the level. The atmosphere was rather dull imo. The secrets were rather easy to find as well. :o

Blackmoor
12-09-11, 22:35
:smk: Go stand in the corner. :pi: :pLol. :D

*Stands in corner but pulls big stretchy faces at people who don't love Venice* :p

Jester Head
12-09-11, 23:10
Lol. :D

*Stands in corner but pulls big stretchy faces at people who don't love Venice* :p

Well, Venice is winning, so it's alright:whi:

peeves
12-09-11, 23:12
At least both TR4 levels are getting beat because of you know what. :vlol:

Jester Head
12-09-11, 23:16
At least both TR4 levels are getting beat because of you know what. :vlol:

Yes, we know, :D
But, to be honest, those levels are not even that great.

peeves
12-09-11, 23:18
Yes, we know, :D
But, to be honest, those levels are not even that great.

It's because america got justice over al-qaeda and osama bin laden got killed :vlol: :p

sheepman23
13-09-11, 01:14
It's because america got justice over al-qaeda and osama bin laden got killed :vlol: :p

Wat? :confused:

LaraDuh
13-09-11, 01:37
Wat? :confused:

you didnt know that? :vlol:

sheepman23
13-09-11, 02:01
you didnt know that? :vlol:

Of course I know that. :p I just can't figure out what the joke is supposed to be. :confused:

TRexbait
13-09-11, 02:17
Don't worry Sheep, neither do I. :pi:

peeves
13-09-11, 17:51
So when will the next poll be up?

sheepman23
13-09-11, 20:55
So when will the next poll be up?

Tonight, hopefully. :)

aidanmalone
13-09-11, 20:55
Oh good :D

tomee
13-09-11, 20:57
Tonight, hopefully. :)

how? we have two ties. D:

sheepman23
13-09-11, 21:22
how? we have two ties. D:

Shoot, I didn't even notice that. :o In that case, we'll wait a little while before they get separated. But hopefully it'll still be posted tonight. :D

Seth94
13-09-11, 21:39
Shoot, I didn't even notice that. :o In that case, we'll wait a little while before they get separated. But hopefully it'll still be posted tonight. :D

Can't wait for the next poll. The next one is the first of round 4 isn't it? :)

Jester Head
13-09-11, 21:43
It's done!

Ward Dragon
13-09-11, 22:47
The next round will start shortly :D