PDA

View Full Version : Do you get discouraged ...

sandygrimm
11-09-11, 15:02
when something doesn't turn out the way you wanted/ hoped?

Be it work, studying for something but failing, a song, or drawing that just doesn't seem to cooperate come out right, relationships, or just anything that doesn't go as planed.

What do you do to move on or entourage yourself back on track?

I get bummed for a while, but than I think, ah hell! plenty more options out there, many other ideas to come. Like i recently failed a test, after studying for a month :p with only 2 points. And not getting the handle of things ohers consider easy, like driving in traffic :pi:

cezy rockeru
11-09-11, 15:04
I do,actually.

And I say to myself that if I try it again it might turn out even worse,but never better or as I wanted it.

And that makes me who I am. And my self confidence is sooo low.

And I never try to fix it. And if I do,I fail. And it goes all over again.

:'I

xXhayleyroxXx
11-09-11, 15:05
Definately. I usually do something else to take my mind off things for a month or so and try it again. Unless it's a relationship :p

Romantics Inc.
11-09-11, 15:05
No, I just get pissed off.

sandygrimm
11-09-11, 15:09

Getting pissed off is the immediate following :pi:

larafan25
11-09-11, 15:10
I can be bratty, a lot. But with that being said, it's not like I'm a princess. I'll eventually suck it up and get over it.

I always just think back to TRL Bolivia, when Lara says "Patience and persistence". I just am persistent about things, like drawing, writing, if it's not going right I keep trying and coming back to it, even if there is a couple hours or days of break.

In fact, I can't tell you how many times I've quite the idea of video game development, how many times I've quit the TRLE and other editors. But I keep coming back, and sometimes it's not actually something I can control, but it's nuts enough to be labeled persistence.

noonbob
11-09-11, 15:11
most definately and it isnt a good thing for me because once that happens i dont feel like trying again :p for example getting a job :(

aidanmalone
11-09-11, 15:12
Yes :o

larafan25
11-09-11, 15:15
most definately and it isnt a good thing for me because once that happens i dont feel like trying again :p for example getting a job :(

Okay, well I have this same problem, with jobs. >_>

Weemanply109
11-09-11, 15:29
I do,actually.

And I say to myself that if I try it again it might turn out even worse,but never better or as I wanted it.

And that makes me who I am. And my self confidence is sooo low.

And I never try to fix it. And if I do,I fail. And it goes all over again.

:'I

Same for me :o

noonbob
11-09-11, 15:32
Okay, well I have this same problem, with jobs. >_>

*highfive* there :p we should just go and lie in the middle of a road lool and wait till we have a miracle :D

like money falling from the sky :) that would be cool

laralives
11-09-11, 15:36

LOL. This is exactly what happens... there's no point in getting discouraged... waste of time... get pissed and use that angst to do something about it...:rolleyes:

larafan25
11-09-11, 15:37
*highfive* there :p we should just go and lie in the middle of a road lool and wait till we have a miracle :D

like money falling from the sky :) that would be cool

Yes, loool.

I don't want a job, I want a career. I just want to jump into the good stuff!

coolaideonfire
11-09-11, 16:58
Definitely, I go through a phase where it really discourages me if something doesn't go as I planned or expected, but then after a few days or maybe a week I find the strength to say "RIGHT!" and get on with things again.

Draco
11-09-11, 17:08
I get frustrated relatively easily, which can be taken for discouraged. But Im relentless.

Reggie
11-09-11, 17:43
Definitely. Its my biggest obstacle.

Avalon SARL
11-09-11, 19:37
actually i am not easily discouraged. I learn from my mistakes. What hurts are people around who find pleasure in underrating and discouraging you. In the end i always count on god to help me succeed next time and thankfully i am being more than lucky. I don't think much discourages me lately :)

sierra xb
11-09-11, 21:09
I try to never get my expectations up very high about anything, that way I won't be too discouraged when I get let down...at least that is always the plan. Too bad it happens anyway :p

peeves
11-09-11, 21:10
Yes I'm discouraged right now because the Euro PSN has all 5 classics while the US Doesn't. :( :hea:

DgoOdz94
11-09-11, 21:11
Yes. :p

But then I realize people can't always have it their way, so whatever.

Catracoth
11-09-11, 21:13
Who doesn't?

Tombraiderx08
11-09-11, 22:39
I find that I'm usually very easily discouraged, but I man up and get over it (eventually :p)

Ikas90
11-09-11, 23:48
Never. I don't give up.

Fall down seven times, get up eight times. I'm stubborn as ****.