PDA

View Full Version : The TR Level Tournament: Round 4

Ward Dragon
13-09-11, 22:49
See the general thread for the tournament (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=183565) which includes all match-ups from Round 3, as well as the results from Rounds 1 and 2.

Please vote for one level from each pair :)

Round 3, Part 2 Results
Winners are in bold.

Obelisk of Khamoon (TR1)
Coastal Ruins (TRLR)

Crash Site (TR3)
Venice (TR2)

The Lost Valley (TR1)
Tibetan Foothills (TR2)

Colosseum (TR1)
The Floating Islands (TR2)

Temple of Xian (TR2)
Desert Railroad (TRLR)

Louvre Galleries (AoD)
Jungle (TR3)

Nevada Desert (TR3)
40 Fathoms (TR2)

Sanctuary of the Scion (TR1)
Aquatic Research Area (AoD)

Seth94
13-09-11, 22:55
My votes:

Palace Midas
Barkhang Monastery
The River Ganges
The Lost Library
Venice
Colosseum
Temple of Xian
Nevada Desert

DgoOdz94
13-09-11, 22:58
Voted!

Palace Midas
Barkhang Monastery
Wreck of the Maria Doria
St. Francis Folly
Obelisk of Khamoon
The Lost Valley
Temple of Xian
Nevada Desert

sheepman23
13-09-11, 23:00
Ah... the last poll has been one of the harshest so far, 3 of my Top 20 levels exited the competition: The Floating Islands, Louvre Galleries, and Crash Site. :( I knew that none of them would probably end up winning, but I didn't actually think any of them would lose in the previous round. :o

Anyway, The Final 16... this is getting interesting. :D

6 levels from TR1
5 levels from TR2
2 levels from TR3
1 level from TRLR

TR1 and TR2 having the most levels doesn't surprise me... what does surprise me is the lack of TR3 levels. I hadn't expected there to be only two remaining in this round.

LaraDuh
13-09-11, 23:03
HOW THE **** DID LOURVE GALLERIES LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!! this pisses me off jungle is a ****stain compared to Lourve Galleries!

Seth94
13-09-11, 23:04
HOW THE **** DID LOURVE GALLERIES LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!! this pisses me off jungle is a ****stain compared to Lourve Galleries!

This. :tmb:

sheepman23
13-09-11, 23:05

Well, it was an extremely close one, I think Jungle only ended up winning by one point. ;)

But yeah, I hear ya... Louvre Galleries deserved to make it to this round, although it would've gotten pummeled by Temple of Xian (sorry, but it's true :p).

Seth94
13-09-11, 23:06
But yeah, I hear ya... Louvre Galleries deserved to make it to this round, although it would've gotten pummeled by Temple of Xian (sorry, but it's true :p).

I agree, Temple of Xian would win easily. :)

But what's more surprising is how Lost Valley made it to this round. :p

LaraDuh
13-09-11, 23:09
Well, it was an extremely close one, I think Jungle only ended up winning by one point. ;)

i know but it deserved this far not top 32!! its a much better level than most tbh its one of the few city levels i like in the whole series ( including England in legend) But thats not the point, jungle didnt deserve that win and if im sure if someone who didnt play TR ever they would choose Lourve Galleries and not Jungle if they had the chance to play both of them. Gawd i hope that jungle burns down :mis:

sheepman23
13-09-11, 23:12
But what's more surprising is how Lost Valley made it to this round. :p

I really don't think so. I mean, The Lost Valley is arguably the most popular level of the series. (No, I'm not saying it's the best, just one of the most popular by far. ;)) When a lot of people think of TR1, they think of The Lost Valley... and that's the reason why it's come this far.

And it really deserves it, but that's just my opinion. :D

Seth94
13-09-11, 23:16
i know but it deserved this far not top 32!! its a much better level than most tbh its one of the few city levels i like in the whole series ( including England in legend) But thats not the point, jungle didnt deserve that win and if im sure if someone who didnt play TR ever they would choose Lourve Galleries and not Jungle if they had the chance to play both of them. Gawd i hope that jungle burns down :mis:

Exactly. Jungle is a rather mediocre starting level. Still probably the best starter from TR's 1-3, but I still think that the quality of the level is nowhere near the same as Louvre Galleries. Imo, Louvre Galleries is a top 16 level, not top 32 like you say. :)

I really don't think so. I mean, The Lost Valley is arguably the most popular level of the series. (No, I'm not saying it's the best, just one of the most popular by far. ;)) When a lot of people think of TR1, they think of The Lost Valley... and that's the reason why it's come this far.

And it really deserves it, but that's just my opinion. :D

Well I think so. :pi: Anyway, it's through, so I won't talk about Lost Valley anymore lol. :p

LaraDuh
13-09-11, 23:18
^ im sure if the tournement was left up longer it would have been a tie then we could vote for it again :p

patriots88888
13-09-11, 23:26
I'm glad to see Nevada Dessert still hanging on even if it's most likely on its last breaths. It might not have a whole lot going for it, but the atmosphere of that level speaks for itself and is the reason why I keep voting for it.

Rai
13-09-11, 23:36

Because it was boring crap? Probably :pi:

:p

Voted.

Seth94
13-09-11, 23:38
Because it was boring crap? Probably :pi:

:p

What, and the Jungle wasn't? :p

LaraDuh
13-09-11, 23:39
what, and the jungle wasn't? :p

pow, right in the kisser!!

Rai
13-09-11, 23:39
What, and the Jungle wasn't? :p

I did not say a thing about Jungle. 'Tis less so :pi:

Seth94
13-09-11, 23:41
I did not say a thing about Jungle. 'Tis less so :pi:

Haha just joking. :p The Jungle isn't a bad level, it's just not a very exciting level, that's all. :)

Rai
13-09-11, 23:46
Haha just joking. :p The Jungle isn't a bad level, it's just not a very exciting level, that's all. :)

Likewise and Likewise - for Louvres Galleries :p

Jester Head
14-09-11, 00:32
My votes:
Palace Midas
Barkhang Monastery
Wreck Of the Maria Doria (it will finally lose this round, :(, and against one of the worst levels in TRIII imo)
The Lost Library
Obelisk Of Khamoon
Colosseum
Temple of Xian
Nevada Desert

Romantics Inc.
14-09-11, 01:27
Colosseum over The Lost Valley.

LaraDuh
14-09-11, 01:28

yes.

SirPlagueRat
14-09-11, 03:29
My votes:

Palace Midas
Barkhang Monastery
Wreck of the Maria Doria
St. Francis Folly
Venice
The Lost Valley
Temple of Xian
Sanctuary of the Scion

rediaR bmoT
14-09-11, 04:42
coastal
barkhang
river
folly
obelisk
valley
xian
nevada
:D

sheepman23
14-09-11, 11:51

Nah. :p I love almost every level from TR1 (and both of these have lots of nostalgia for me :D), but I prefer The Lost Valley definitely. :tmb:

peeves
14-09-11, 11:52
Coastal Village
Barkhang Monastery
River Ganges
St. Francis Folly
Venice
Colosseum
Temple of Xian
Nevada Desert
Crap i voted TR1 colosseum over lost valley i thought you were talking about the colosseum from TR5. And i think most of TR4 levels are ****stains compared to TR1, TR2, TR3, TR5, and TR6's levels. I also think lost library is a ****stain level.

sheepman23
14-09-11, 11:55
And i think most of TR4 levels are ****stains compared to TR1, TR2, TR3, TR5, and TR6's levels. I also think lost library is a ****stain level.

Dude, why the sudden hate for TR4? I don't remember you saying such harsh things about it a few months ago. :confused:

Jester Head
14-09-11, 11:57
St. Francis Folly winning over the Lost Library?
I was expecting this, although it breaks my heart. The best level in TRLR deserves to lose against one of the "monsters"(Temple of Xian, Barkhang Monastery and Palace Midas) only, in my opinion, :D

sheepman23
14-09-11, 12:00
I was expecting this, although it breaks my heart. The best level in TRLR deserves to lose against one of the "monsters"(Temple of Xian, Barkhang Monastery and Palace Midas) only, in my opinion, :D

Yeah, I agree as well, The Lost Library deserves to win IMO but I can understand why St. Francis Folly is winning. It's quite a close score, though, it could definitely change by Saturday. ;)

Soul
14-09-11, 12:02
My votes:

Palace Midas: This level is amazing in so many ways and definitely one of the best levels from TR1.
Barkhang Monastery: Obvious choice, even if I really liked "Bartolis Hideout" too
Wreck of Maria Doria: From a levelbuilders point of view, this level is really great. The idea to build a ship upside-down is amazing and its execution is mostly flawless with loads of fitting objects.
I used to hate this level (and voted against it in the last poll) but now it's among my favourites of TR2
St. Francis' Folly: Amazing, gameplay, amazing ideas, amazing design - best TR-level imo
Obelisk of Khamoon: I still can't see why so many people love Venice. I think it's pretty boring and has just one Wow-moment (the very end).
Obelisk of Khamoon by contrast is a typical TR1 level with one main-hub-area and loads of chambers surrounding it with some nice tasks. I used to not like this level (no idea why) but after finishing the TR1-challenge it's a clear winner for me.
The Lost Valley: Again this level is offers some nice views and has this certain eye for detail that's present in many TR1-levels (but not in Colosseum ^^). While playing it for the TR1-challenge I realised the first time, that most of the plants have shadows underneath - THATS what I call amazing :tmb:
Temple of Xian: Can't wait to replay this level. Amazing in all aspects
Nevada Desert: (I actually accidently voted for SotS and can't change it now) great level with nice gameplay and some spectacular views. :tmb:

peeves
14-09-11, 12:02
Dude, why the sudden hate for TR4? I don't remember you saying such harsh things about it a few months ago. :confused:

Because TR4 is boring IMO and too long.

Avalon SARL
14-09-11, 12:38
My votes:

Palace Midas
Barkhang Monastery
Wreck of the Maria Doria
The Lost Library
Venice
Colosseum
Temple of Xian
Sanctuary of the Scion

What? You always change your mind about things and what you like?

Is it a habit of yours? I remeber in previous threads you wrote things which are completely contradicting :confused:

peeves
14-09-11, 15:29
My votes:

Palace Midas
Barkhang Monastery
Wreck of the Maria Doria
The Lost Library
Venice
Colosseum
Temple of Xian
Sanctuary of the Scion

Is it a habit of yours? I remeber in previous threads you wrote things which are completely contradicting :confused:

Well I won't like certain TR4 levels again.

Seth94
14-09-11, 15:39
Most of my choices are winning atm. :D

Hopefully Colosseum wins against Lost Valley. :p I think Lost Library and St. Francis Folly are both great levels, so it would be nice to see either of those levels go through. :)

Saman
14-09-11, 15:43
This is going just great!

Any way my picks are:

Palace Midas (TR1)
_

Barkhang Monastery (TR2)
_

The River Ganges (TR3)
_

St. Francis Folly (TR1)
_

Venice (TR2)
_

The Lost Valley (TR1)
_

Temple of Xian (TR2)
_

Nevada Desert (TR3)

Can't wait for next one

Blackmoor
14-09-11, 17:30
HOW THE **** DID LOURVE GALLERIES LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!! this pisses me off jungle is a ****stain compared to Lourve Galleries!Lol, true. :D

I'm glad to see Nevada Dessert still hanging on even if it's most likely on its last breaths. It might not have a whole lot going for it, but the atmosphere of that level speaks for itself and is the reason why I keep voting for it.I love this level too and am glad to see it's through. Especially since the other really good levels from TR3 (Aldwych, Thames Wharf, Madabu Gorge, Lost City of Tinnos) have gone out. :(

My votes:

Palace Midas
Bartoli's hideout
Wreck of the Maria Dora
St Francis's Folly (tough one...Lost Library is an excellent level)
Obelisk of Khamoon
Lost Valley
The Jungle
Nevada Desert

sheepman23
14-09-11, 21:04
I'm glad to see Nevada Dessert still hanging on even if it's most likely on its last breaths. It might not have a whole lot going for it, but the atmosphere of that level speaks for itself and is the reason why I keep voting for it.

I agree - especially when so many fantastic levels of TR3 have passed. It's wierd... I had figured to see quite a few TR3 levels in the later rounds of the tournament, and now there's only two left. :(

I'm pushing for this one to make it a bit farther. :D

I know, right? :rolleyes:

But ah well, if he has a change in opinion who are we to stop him? :p

peeves
14-09-11, 22:29
@sheepman will there be another level poll of core design after this one?

Ward Dragon
14-09-11, 22:30
@sheepman will there be another level poll of core design after this one?

Yes :) We'll keep going with the polls until only one level is left. After that, maybe we will do a similar tournament of the Crystal levels.

Soul
14-09-11, 22:45
^this would be awesome :tmb:

I think it would be pretty hard to get the right number of levels for it. If we count everything (including manors) and also LCatGoL we have 58 levels.
Maybe the "winner" of each classic game could then also be added so that we have 64 levels which would be a perfect tier. :D

And to say something ON topic: I like that Maria Doria might eventually win against River Ganges. :D

Ward Dragon
14-09-11, 22:54
^this would be awesome :tmb:

I think it would be pretty hard to get the right number of levels for it. If we count everything (including manors) and also LCatGoL we have 58 levels.
Maybe the "winner" of each classic game could then also be added so that we have 64 levels which would be a perfect tier. :D

Right now I think the plan is to count both manors, but to count each location as a level in TRU (not the on-screen sub-locations which appear).

And to say something ON topic: I like that Maria Doria might eventually win against River Ganges. :D

I voted for River Ganges but I love both levels so I'm fine with it either way :p

LaraDuh
14-09-11, 23:05
Lol, true. :D

I love this level too and am glad to see it's through. Especially since the other really good levels from TR3 (Aldwych, Thames Wharf, Madabu Gorge, Lost City of Tinnos) have gone out. :(

My votes:

Palace Midas
Bartoli's hideout
Wreck of the Maria Dora
St Francis's Folly (tough one...Lost Library is an excellent level)
Obelisk of Khamoon
Lost Valley
The Jungle
Nevada Desert

dont even get me started on how Madbu Gorge shouldnt have got voted off >:I Or Lourve Galleries my 2 favorite levels in the series

sheepman23
14-09-11, 23:30
dont even get me started on how Madbu Gorge shouldnt have got voted off >:I Or Lourve Galleries my 2 favorite levels in the series

:tmb: Louvre Galleries isn't in my Top 2 ever, but it's atleast in my Top 20 - one of the only respectable levels from AoD IMO. :D

Jester Head
15-09-11, 19:21

I'd like that to be true!

sheepman23
15-09-11, 20:57
Voting ends Saturday everyone - from now on it will be four days wait instead of three. :D

Love2Raid
15-09-11, 21:56
St. Francis' Folly vs Lost Library, daaaaaaaaayum! :ohn:

:}hello friend
16-09-11, 01:07

First Crash, Spyro, Jak & Daxter, now TR4? A month ago it was one of your favorites?

sheepman23
16-09-11, 03:05
First Crash, Spyro, Jak & Daxter, now TR4? A month ago it was one of your favorites?

IKR? :p How can he change his opinion so often? :confused:

Anyway, the third and fourth pairs are neck-and-neck. :cln:

Soul
16-09-11, 08:18
Whoa - for me this is the most thrilling voting yet.

The leader in both the 3rd and the 4th pairing are always changing :D
Maybe this thread (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=185059) will help people with their decision ^^

Johnnay
16-09-11, 11:54
can someone please finish this round, like the lost library is FINISHED for once, lol

sheepman23
16-09-11, 11:58
can someone please finish this round, like the lost library is FINISHED for once, lol

Tomorrow, tomorrow... :mis: And The Lost Library is amazing, I really hope it wins. :D

Vinkula
16-09-11, 12:10
Voted :)

TRexbait
16-09-11, 13:10
Lost Library needs 5 more votes people! :cool:

Jester Head
16-09-11, 13:15
Lost Library needs 5 more votes people! :cool:

It will not happen, unfortunately.

Wreck Of the Maria Doria, however, can still be saved.:D

TRexbait
16-09-11, 13:17
It probably won't happen, but I can hope! :o

Wreck of the Maria Doria isn't a level I particularly like, but I have to say that it's much better than the River Ganges.

Seth94
16-09-11, 15:22
Lost Library should beat St. Francis Folly, even though both levels are great. I don't mind which level goes through though tbh. :)

Sir Croft
16-09-11, 15:32
Coastal Village (TR3)
Barkhang Monastery (TR2)
Wreck of the Maria Doria (TR2)
St. Francis Folly (TR1)
Obelisk of Khamoon (TR1)
The Lost Valley (TR1)
The Jungle (TR3)
Nevada Desert (TR3)

peeves
16-09-11, 19:10
Lost Library should beat St. Francis Folly, even though both levels are great. I don't mind which level goes through though tbh. :)

I think st. Francis Folly will beat Lost Library because it's a more dominant level and TR game. TR4 is the least dominant of the Core series IMO.

:}hello friend
16-09-11, 20:24
Lost Library > St. Francis Folly

Don't listen to the poll. The poll lies.

sheepman23
16-09-11, 20:38
I think st. Francis Folly will beat Lost Library because it's a more dominant level and TR game. TR4 is the least dominant of the Core series IMO.

That title really should go to either Chronicles or AoD. When you think about it, they have the biggest amount of "dislikers" - there are a large amount of people who consider TR4 a masterpiece, and even at that there are few who would probably consider it their least favorite of Core's games. ;)

Johnnay
16-09-11, 21:40
When is it finishing

*can't wait for the next poll*

sheepman23
16-09-11, 21:53
When is it finishing

*can't wait for the next poll*

Tomorrow. :) Then comes the winners from this round... the final eight... :mis:

Seth94
16-09-11, 22:17
Tomorrow. :) Then comes the winners from this round... the final eight... :mis:

Cool, can't wait for it. :D There's going to be some tough choices. :p

sheepman23
17-09-11, 12:41
A little bump for last minute votes, as one of the pairs is very, very close... :mis:

Jester Head
17-09-11, 14:09
It's even closer now! Come one, just one more vote :whi:

sheepman23
17-09-11, 14:19
It's even closer now! Come one, just one more vote :whi:

Ya know, I voted for The River Ganges but now I kind of hope that Wreck of the Maria Doria wins. :whi:

Seth94
17-09-11, 17:02
Both levels are great, but River Ganges is a better level imo. :)

Ward Dragon
17-09-11, 17:28
The next poll will be up soon :D

Edit: Or not :p Just noticed a tie XD

Jester Head
17-09-11, 17:50
Yes. There's no tie, now.

Seth94
17-09-11, 17:52
Lol, there's so many TR1 and 2 levels left in the final 16. tbh I thought that most of the levels would be from TR3. :p

Jester Head
17-09-11, 17:54
Lol, there's so many TR1 and 2 levels left in the final 16. tbh I thought that most of the levels would be from TR3. :p

I think that's exactly the problem with TR3. It has so many great levels, that none of them really stands out.

Seth94
17-09-11, 18:01
I think that's exactly the problem with TR3. It has so many great levels, that none of them really stands out.

Imo many TR3 levels standout. Lost City of Tinnos, RX Tech Mines, Antarctica, Nevada Desert, River Ganges, etc. :)

Ward Dragon
17-09-11, 18:02
I'm going to close this real quick-like so it doesn't turn into a tie again :p