PDA

View Full Version : Homework

BrandonFlowers
14-09-11, 13:43
Sorry if there is another related topic for this.
A place to bitch and moan about the amount of homework we are all getting, since there is a fair few of us at School/College/Uni etc.

or even a place to praise it, if that floats your boat.

So far, I have had to research ancient Greek art which was actually kinda fun. I now have to go out with a camera and take at least 20 pics of contrasting old and new buildings :D

cezy rockeru
14-09-11, 13:45
My kind of thread.

I hate my maths and chemistry homework,I never get a single thing.

And then make a big story for english class,and then draw idkwat for the cover.

Oh,and the Physics homework. urgh.

NRO.
14-09-11, 13:58
We don't get a lot of homework, but we get tedious and boring homework. =/

Snazabaz
14-09-11, 15:07
Wouldnt it be more beneficial if the thread was to potentially help each other with homework as opposed to just complaining?

igonge
14-09-11, 15:10
Homework = /wrists

Tombraider95
14-09-11, 15:13
I hate homework, which means nothing. But I like coursework as you actually get something out of it.

TombOfRaiders
14-09-11, 15:15
Wouldnt it be more beneficial if the thread was to potentially help each other with homework as opposed to just complaining?

Good idea. I, myself, wouldn't mind helping out other youngsters with their Homework.

BrandonFlowers
14-09-11, 15:19

Well this is just a general thread for homework. Anything about it can be chatted about. I just mentioned moaning because most people tend to do that when homework is mentioned.

TheCoolJazz
14-09-11, 15:21
I just hate homework, In math the most because i don't get anything!... :pi:

Good idea. I, myself, wouldn't mind helping out other youngsters with their Homework.

Sure but how are you going to help people with long *** math questions and art? :s

TombOfRaiders
14-09-11, 15:32
Sure but how are you going to help people with long *** math questions and art? :s

Well, perhaps not Art, I'll just try and help with things I'm exceptionally good at and if I can't then I'm sure there's lots of other people who can help. :p

TheGermanLlama
14-09-11, 16:07
Good thing my HW now is just reading and writing stuff.

I hated having to do math problems, especially if they were on a subject I didn't understand.

StefanJ94
14-09-11, 16:09
I think I've got 2 problems to solve in Linear Algebra and Analytical Geometry and another one or two in Maths. :D
We don't get much homework. Thank lord. :p

xXhayleyroxXx
14-09-11, 16:32
I get a lot of homework :p It's pretty much all I ever do but weirdly, I sometimes enjoy it.

larson n natla
14-09-11, 16:33
Currently making a bunch of notes on the Korean War, focussing on the US dominance in the East at that time for AS History.

Afterwards I have to make notes on Antony and Cleopatra for AS English Literature.

There aren't enough hours in the day! :(

Vinkula
14-09-11, 16:45
I get homework.. And much. Well, I don't ever actually do them xD Teachers doesn't actually check.

lara c. fan
14-09-11, 17:37
I get a ton of homework. However, I'm lazy. ^_^

Still gets mostly done though.

Weemanply109
14-09-11, 17:47
Wait.. Is this a thread were we can ask for help?

Is this just for complaining? :pi:

Ontopic: I get loads of homework... Too much :o

aidanmalone
14-09-11, 17:48
I dont do it until last minute :o
Bad Habit :p

Homework = *come and do me ;)*
Facebook = Dont listen to that whore Im a much better time waster :vlol:

star-dust
14-09-11, 18:58
I miss homework. When I had it I hated it and now that I have none I miss it. :ton: But, hopefully I'll be making a return to school verrry soon! :D

NRO.
14-09-11, 19:16
Good thing my HW now is just reading and writing stuff.

I hated having to do math problems, especially if they were on a subject I didn't understand.

Tell me about it. Equations makes me wanna lose the will to live. >_>

CosmoCroft
14-09-11, 19:44
I frigging' hate homework. Its a big waste of time to me (I'm not in collage) everything is boring except english I love english. Were not getting lot of homework now but for some reason my Irish teacher just piles it on like we won't see her for 5 weeks and I have her everyday except Friday with a double on Monday. As you can see I could go on for hours about school and homework if anyone wants to listen to me feel free :D

FloTheMachine
14-09-11, 19:58
Eugh. >_>
I hate homework. I always forget to do it, and have to sacrifice my break or lunch trying to do it.

I personally hate Chemistry and Physics homework. Eugh.

larafan25
14-09-11, 20:25
I have to colour **** for art, I hate colouring. I also have some questions to complete for Film Studies. :/

Not much.

trfanX34
14-09-11, 20:27
I have to do a work about biotechnology. It's fun :D

HappyShannon
14-09-11, 20:33
About 95% of the time I manage to complete my homeworks in school (whether in lesson on during lunch) but now I'm doing GCSEs I'm starting to get more difficult and longer homeworks, which annoys me seeing as I can't stand doing homeworks at home because I always unintentionally forget about them and leave them till the last minute.

b.gluch
14-09-11, 20:35
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqfi94ZR141qivfmyo1_500.gif

it eats so much of my time

moodydog
14-09-11, 21:47
Gone are the days of homework... its all just university assignments for me now.

For Alevels... it wasn't called homework... it was called revision, and you will know why when you do it.

sierra xb
14-09-11, 23:12
I hated homework up until university, but then I actually liked it better than class lectures, because I could take it home and work on it at my own pace, instead of being forced to finish something by the time that class was over (like in labs). Many of the graduate classes i took didn't hardly have any homework at all, since we were doing research projects most of the time.

Looking back though, I am glad that I had homework, otherwise I wouldn't have learned hardly anything because I didn't pay much attention in lecures.

DgoOdz94
14-09-11, 23:24
History/Math = :( Less likely to do

Anything else = :D Will do.

LaraDuh
15-09-11, 01:46
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqfi94ZR141qivfmyo1_500.gif

it eats so much of my time

there goes my remaining brain cells gulch, thanks :p

Romantics Inc.
15-09-11, 01:55
Homework is to **** as **** is to hell.

TR love
15-09-11, 02:28
Since I left school and entered TAFE, I don't get much homework. Thank God.

laralives
15-09-11, 02:44
I'm hating certain Uni teachers who assume that the only class we have is theirs! >.<

sierra xb
15-09-11, 02:45
I'm hating certain Uni teachers who assume that the only class we have is theirs! >.<

I have had a few of those, so very irritating

Killercowz
15-09-11, 10:37
I was studying for six hours yesterday.

My brain.

Chocola teapot
15-09-11, 10:42
I have EXTREMELY IMPORTANT homework to do. >:I

I shall start it at 6PM.

LNSNHGTDS
15-09-11, 10:45
As you might know things with money in Greece are not going well at the moment. Taht means that the ministry of education haven't managed to print our books yet so until the end of October we won't have any books and therefore, a lot less homework... unless of course you have an Ancient Greek's teacher like mine who thinks that somehow we will find a way to do her homework(which are exercises that can only be done if you have the book) so that means that I either need to buy the book, which is stupid because the books will be, eventually, be send anyway, or use the CD with the books the headmistress gave us which I also can't do because the only computer I have at the moment is a netbook and as you can imagine there's no place for the CD to be put.

Ok, I'md done with my bitchery.

Next!

irishhips
15-09-11, 10:51
As you might know things with money in Greece are not going well at the moment. Taht means that the ministry of education haven't managed to print our books yet so until the end of October we won't have any books and therefore, a lot less homework... unless of course you have an Ancient Greek's teacher like mine who thinks that somehow we will find a way to do her homework(which are exercises that can only be done if you have the book) so that means that I either need to buy the book, which is stupid because the books will be, eventually, be send anyway, or use the CD with the books the headmistress gave us which I also can't do because the only computer I have at the moment is a netbook and as you can imagine there's no place for the CD to be put.

Ok, I'md done with my bitchery.

Next!One thing.....iPads

RoxasKennedy
15-09-11, 10:56
What homework? :p

klona
15-09-11, 11:49
Just finished my first week of school.
Not one single homework. :p
I bet there's an army of home works hiding in teachers bags' next week! -le gasp- :eek:

Draco
15-09-11, 11:50
It never mattered how much homework there was since I never did any of it... well except for when id go on 'study dates'.

xXhayleyroxXx
15-09-11, 15:47
I hate 1000 word essays. I want to write more :(

Phlip
15-09-11, 15:50

Geek.

xXhayleyroxXx
15-09-11, 15:51
Geek.

Lmao. I usually get really interesting assignments and I like writing loads in great detail D: I don't like restrictions.

the ancient
15-09-11, 15:58

:vlol:
I already get mad if I have to write 300 words xD

StefanJ94
15-09-11, 15:59
Must be so hard for you :vlol: XD

I'm joking :hug:

xXhayleyroxXx
15-09-11, 16:06
:vlol:
I already get mad if I have to write 300 words xD

Must be so hard for you :vlol: XD

I'm joking :hug:

I just think its hard to write stuff when you have a word limit xD

StefanJ94
15-09-11, 16:08
I just think its hard to write stuff when you have a word limit xD
It really is, especially when I can't even go near the limit XD

touchthesky
15-09-11, 18:10
Away right now to do three health checklists for a dog, a rabbit and a cat.

:( It's gonna take forever.

It's **** having a full-time job and doing a HND course.

xXhayleyroxXx
15-09-11, 18:12
Away right now to do three health checklists for a dog, a rabbit and a cat.

:( It's gonna take forever.

It's **** having a full-time job and doing a HND course.

Health checks are easy D:

touchthesky
15-09-11, 18:17
Health checks are easy D:

They are, but not if you missed the first class explaining what to check. :/ I think I'll be alright though, once I come off here and actually go and do it.

I've worked 50+ hours every week of college too :'( Giz a break Im knackereeed.

xXhayleyroxXx
15-09-11, 18:24
They are, but not if you missed the first class explaining what to check. :/ I think I'll be alright though, once I come off here and actually go and do it.

I've worked 50+ hours every week of college too :'( Giz a break Im knackereeed.

What do you need to know about specifically? Use the same form for each animal -- start at the head. You check the eyes for sores, redness, discharge -- they should be bright and clear. You next examine the nose for sores, wounds, any discharge, it should be moist (depending on the animal of course). Then move to the mouth. Check it's gums -- in a dog they should be a salmon pink -- grey or dark pink gums or anything unusual like that indicates health problems. Check the teeth for tartar, plaque, missing teeth, decay, rot and things like that. You could also check hydration by pressing the gums with your thumb and seeing how quick the white reflex mark takes to disappear. If the reaction is slow, this determines dehydration usually or something more serious.
Then the ears -- they should be clean and clear, no wax or sores or redness. Check the fur -- is it nice and clean and in good condition? Check the skin -- make sure theres no ticks or skin irritations or wounds/evidence of scratching. Check the genitals for soreness, evidence of urination trouble, and the anus too. Check mobility and its joints by gently moving the legs of the animal -- if it snarls or doesnt seem happy, observe from a distance. Any stiffness may indication lameness or hip displasia. Check the tail too for the usual stuff I mentioned. Umm, you could body score it -- is it obese, skinny, just right? And also pulse if you really want to.
They'll be looking for reccommendations such as use as topical cream for skin irratarion etc xxxxxx

touchthesky
15-09-11, 20:35
What do you need to know about specifically? Use the same form for each animal -- start at the head. You check the eyes for sores, redness, discharge -- they should be bright and clear. You next examine the nose for sores, wounds, any discharge, it should be moist (depending on the animal of course). Then move to the mouth. Check it's gums -- in a dog they should be a salmon pink -- grey or dark pink gums or anything unusual like that indicates health problems. Check the teeth for tartar, plaque, missing teeth, decay, rot and things like that. You could also check hydration by pressing the gums with your thumb and seeing how quick the white reflex mark takes to disappear. If the reaction is slow, this determines dehydration usually or something more serious.
Then the ears -- they should be clean and clear, no wax or sores or redness. Check the fur -- is it nice and clean and in good condition? Check the skin -- make sure theres no ticks or skin irritations or wounds/evidence of scratching. Check the genitals for soreness, evidence of urination trouble, and the anus too. Check mobility and its joints by gently moving the legs of the animal -- if it snarls or doesnt seem happy, observe from a distance. Any stiffness may indication lameness or hip displasia. Check the tail too for the usual stuff I mentioned. Umm, you could body score it -- is it obese, skinny, just right? And also pulse if you really want to.
They'll be looking for reccommendations such as use as topical cream for skin irratarion etc xxxxxx
Thankye darling. I found a ppt from the first class so my dog check list is almost done. Then it'll be a case of changing dog to cat then cat to rabbit haha.

xXhayleyroxXx
15-09-11, 22:12
Thankye darling. I found a ppt from the first class so my dog check list is almost done. Then it'll be a case of changing dog to cat then cat to rabbit haha.

That's okay <3 I have to do more health-checks this term so that was a good chance for me to re-cap :p and ooo good -- yeah, there's actually not much different between the three suprisingly health-check wise so it should be a doddle <3

BrandonFlowers
16-09-11, 11:32
I'm with Hayley, I love writing essays and hate limiting my words :p

So lucky I went and took my pictures for College last night, its chucking it down today :vlol:

LNSNHGTDS
16-09-11, 16:46
One thing.....iPads

Another word... no money :p . Besides I have the books in virtual version inside my Netbook but our teacher's are less that happy about them because everytime we've had a lesson and we used them no one was really looking at the books but was on Facebook instead xD .

xXhayleyroxXx
16-09-11, 16:53
I'm with Hayley, I love writing essays and hate limiting my words :p:

High5! It's so incredibly frustrating when I can't say what I want to say and have to cut down my perfectly formed sentences ;_;

LNSNHGTDS
16-09-11, 17:18
^ You can say that again. Luckily, when I was giving my FCE examinations, examinations people from non-English speaking countries must give to get a certificate(either from Cambridge, FCE, or Michigan, ECCE, or etc. ) which proves that they are able to speak English, and got off limits in both essays the examiners didn't cut off any amrks and gave me an "A" :p .

xXhayleyroxXx
16-09-11, 17:20
^ You can say that again. Luckily, when I was giving my FCE examinations, examinations people from non-English speaking countries must give to get a certificate(either from Cambridge, FCE, or Michigan, ECCE, or etc. ) which proves that they are able to speak English, and got off limits in both essays the examiners didn't cut off any amrks and gave me an "A" :p .

That's very lucky :p

LNSNHGTDS
16-09-11, 17:31
^ Indeed, if only things at school were that easy :( .

The problem is that when it comes to English I have photographic memory which is, unfortunately, not the case for Maths, Ancient Greek, History and Physics, the only subjects I kinda suck at...

touchthesky
17-09-11, 08:49
High5! It's so incredibly frustrating when I can't say what I want to say and have to cut down my perfectly formed sentences ;_;

Yeah, i definately prefer essays with a high or no word count. Makes life a lot easier.

First assessment next week :O Animal Behaviour. Then a trip to the local Spca <3.

xXhayleyroxXx
17-09-11, 10:57
Yeah, i definately prefer essays with a high or no word count. Makes life a lot easier.

First assessment next week :O Animal Behaviour. Then a trip to the local Spca <3.

My assignment I'm writing now is on Animal Behaviour -- abnormal and normal behaviour in domestic animals and their wild counterpart :p Awesome! I want to question the RSPCA :mis:

BrandonFlowers
17-09-11, 11:02

Oh God, don't I know about it ;_;

touchthesky
17-09-11, 11:05
My assignment I'm writing now is on Animal Behaviour -- abnormal and normal behaviour in domestic animals and their wild counterpart :p Awesome! I want to question the RSPCA :mis:

Haha this is my first ever animal assessment so its just on the neonates. :ton:

xXhayleyroxXx
17-09-11, 11:17
Haha this is my first ever animal assessment so its just on the neonates. :ton:

Oh, so like, babies? I want to write about baby animals :(

@Grant ~ I'm having to endure that now :pi: GOSH. :vlol:

herothing
27-09-11, 17:18
Sorry to bring this thread back up and sort of bring it off topic. I have a Chemistry question I can't quite figure out, and wondered if anybody knows anything abouts Moles, conversions to grams etc.
The Question is:

In the thermite process for on-the-spot welding of steel, iron oxide is reduced by aluminium to produce aluminium oxide and iron wih the evolution of much heat:

8AL(s) + 3Fe3O4(s) ---> 4Al2O3(s) + 9Fe(s)

Write an expression for the mass of iron ocide with the evolution of much heat.

The answer reads as 29x/9 but I have no idea how to get to it. Thanks for your time and help. :)