PDA

View Full Version : Have You Ever Played The Oujia Board?

Danni
14-09-11, 19:30
Has anyone here ever played the Oujia board? I understand that you should never ever mess around with it because it can be dangerous, but I just wanted to know if anyone has any stories to share?

I will be honest, I have played the Oujia board, twice in one night at a friends house and I will say I was very very against the idea at first purely because I know its not some fun game, its dangerous and I've been warned by my mother never to play because my uncle had an experience with one once. She never would and never has told us what happened.

But anyway, out of curiosity and people asking me to join in, I eventually had a go and not much really happened the first time around. The glass did move around but like I said not much. The second time around however, again not much happened but after we'd finished playing something did happen when I was in the living room on my own. I was on the couch messing around on my phone when I heard something move on the floor. I carried on what I was doing only to look up again at the floor to find my friends tobbaco bag move across the floor towards me, about an inch, like somebody had flicked it with their finger, and I have to say even though it was the tiniest thing that happened, it scared the crap out of me. I ended up darting out of the room and into the back room and kitchen where my friend was in a panic.

My (now ex-friend) has told me and others a few really supernatural stories about her experiences with the Oujia board, (I will share if people want me to) and she still doesn't believe in anything such as a God, the Devil, Spirits, Demons, you name it and it baffles me as to how she cannot after having things like that happen to her and around her. She's an Atheist, as you'd probably guessed. Personally I am a very supernatural person, and I do believe in a God, although I do not know an awful lot about spirituality yet, but it does interest me. :)

Anyway, apologies for the long winded post, I thought this would be an interesting subject to discuss, and please don't get the wrong idea of me because as I said before I was reluctant to play and I am not the type at tall to dabble in this kind of stuff, just that time curiosity got the better of me.

Discuss away if you would like to share any experiences.

P.S. ~ If there is or has been a thread about this then please close it, I just got the idea for this thread by reading The Great Chi's comment in 'The Devil' thread.

zeussy
14-09-11, 19:35
I actually own one :p Never worked though... I'm not sure if I did it correctly xD I heard it should be done somewhere where many deaths happened?

Ephemerae
14-09-11, 19:37
I've played it once, it never worked the way it was supposed to.

Then again, I believe all that stuff is nonsense anyway.

Zelda master
14-09-11, 19:37
Nope not personally, people at camp once did though and they went screaming out of the cabin... And I was enjoying my music, so I have no idea what their problem was:p

xXhayleyroxXx
14-09-11, 19:42
My Mother has forbidden me to use them. She had a bad experience with one which un-nerved her, and she won't tell me the full story so I never will use one D:

Danni
14-09-11, 19:47
I actually own one :p Never worked though... I'm not sure if I did it correctly xD I heard it should be done somewhere where many deaths happened?

My advice would be to throw that thing away and destroy it in case there comes a time when something does actually happen. I know you're probably thinking 'you're no one to talk' I know :p but after what my friend had told me about things that had happened to her, I've made my mind up that I never wanna mess around with that stuff again. If you do find yourself wanting to try it again my advice is look up how to open and close a circle when playing. (Not an expert on this kind of stuff but I'd rather be well informed than sorry :p) Just keep yourself safe please, and be responsible. :p :hug:

Danni
14-09-11, 19:48
my mother has forbidden me to use them. She had a bad experience with one which un-nerved her, and she won't tell me the full story so i never will use one d:

good! :)

robm_2007
14-09-11, 19:49
No.

Spong
14-09-11, 19:53
A Ouija board is a board game owned by Parker Brothers (now known as Hasbro), it originally had nothing to do with summoning spirits from beyond, that's a popular myth brought about by mainstream religions. It was apparently one of the biggest selling board games until the release of The Exorcist, when the sales (weirdly :p) took a massive dive. Hasbro still own the rights to the board game but have stopped making it themselves.

From Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouija)...

Following its commercial introduction by businessman Elijah Bond on July 1, 1890, the Ouija board was regarded as a harmless parlor game unrelated to the occult until American Spiritualist Pearl Curran popularized its use as a divining tool during World War I.

A clip from a show called QI (Quite Interesting) about Ouija Boards...

fusOzhc2ciA

Personally, I think it's all psychological.

Ephemerae
14-09-11, 19:55
A Ouija board is a board game owned by Parker Brothers (now known as Hasbro), it originally had nothing to do with summoning spirits from beyond, that's a popular myth brought about by mainstream religions. It was apparently one of the biggest selling board games until the release of The Exorcist, when the sales (weirdly :p) took a massive dive. Hasbro still own the rights to the board game but have stopped making it themselves.What was it originally intended for?

Spelling exercises?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just finished watching the vid...:p

star-dust
14-09-11, 19:57
I've never used one. My mom and I read a book by Sylvia Browne and she talked about how it was like opening a door to bad spirits or something like that... It has been a while since I read it. Anyways my mom has always been against them and I'm too chicken. :p

FloTheMachine
14-09-11, 19:57
Why would you even bother.

@Spong: I love QI. :vlol:

Ephemerae
14-09-11, 19:58
Why would you even bother.

@Spong: I love QI. :vlol:I used it to scare the living daylights out of this one girl.

I felt really bad afterwards.

and I love QI as well.

NRO.
14-09-11, 20:00
I have and I own one. :P

The strangest thing is, everytime I hear the word "Ouija", my right hand gets really cold. The same thing happens when I use it, it's like sticking your hand in the freezer.

Spong
14-09-11, 20:00
What was it originally intended for?

Amongst other things, I think it was suggested as a way of 'connecting' with your subconscious self by way of the ideomotor effect. It's alleged that hi-ranked officers during the great wars used them as a way of contacting troops in the field. It has all kinds of so-called uses, but the paranormal use is the one that remains the most popular nowadays.

Ephemerae
14-09-11, 20:04
Amongst other things, I think it was suggested as a way of 'connecting' with your subconscious self by way of the ideomotor effect. It's alleged that hi-ranked officers during the great wars used them as a way of contacting troops in the field. It has all kinds of so-called uses, but the paranormal use is the one that remains the most popular nowadays.Interesting. You've just taught me something today. :)

Danni
14-09-11, 20:08
Amongst other things, I think it was suggested as a way of 'connecting' with your subconscious self by way of the ideomotor effect. It's alleged that hi-ranked officers during the great wars used them as a way of contacting troops in the field. It has all kinds of so-called uses, but the paranormal use is the one that remains the most popular nowadays.

Well this is definitely interesting.. never heard of it being used to connect to your subconscious self. I guess its possible right? Oh and the video.. :vlol:

Spong
14-09-11, 20:16
^That's primarily one of the suggested explanations born from the scientific conclusion that the planchette's movement is a result of the ideomotor effect (instinctive, subconscious body movement that we have no control over). People claim it's the subconscious mind making contact (which obviously science can't really confirm nor debunk).

Draco
14-09-11, 20:25
It tells you want you want it to.

Ephemerae
14-09-11, 20:27
It tells you want you want it to.That's what I've always thought.

ultima espio
14-09-11, 20:29
No, but someone drew one on the board when I was at School. Someone else was screaming in the classroom on the other side, so they ran away in tears thinking it was a Ghost :vlol:

Danni
14-09-11, 20:39

I guess if it is only your subconscious then yes it tells you what you want it to. Still intrigues me though.

King.Louie
14-09-11, 20:47
After watching Paranormal Activity i will NEVER ever play with one!!!

Danni
14-09-11, 20:51
After watching Paranormal Activity i will NEVER ever play with one!!!

:vlol: :D

Gladous
14-09-11, 21:12
Don't get me started. :pi:

Cali
14-09-11, 21:34
Don't get me started. :pi:

AAAAAH YOU.

Nop I haven't and I don't think I ever will. See no reason to..I don't think anything will happen. Yet I still think something MIGHT xD

\Tomb Raider/
14-09-11, 21:47
:pi have one...but i warn you dont play it alone...or it moves by its self..i have it on vid :o

Ephemerae
14-09-11, 21:48
As Morpheus so eloquently puts it, "Your mind makes it real."

Gladous
14-09-11, 21:49
:pi have one...but i warn you dont play it alone...or it moves by its self..i have it on vid :o

Tell me about it.. then your house becomes haunted as bawlz. Dx

jarekhanzelka
14-09-11, 21:50
I've been planning on getting one and using it along with a friend to scare the living hell out of our other friends...I suppose destiny struck, as I never got around to getting one, and I have no other friends anymore. D:

Ephemerae
14-09-11, 21:52
I've been planning on getting one and using it along with a friend to scare the living hell out of our other friends...I suppose destiny struck, as I never got around to getting one, and I have no other friends anymore. D:I'm sorry, but I found that hilarious and sad at the same time.

Gladous
14-09-11, 21:52
I've been planning on getting one and using it along with a friend to scare the living hell out of our other friends...I suppose destiny struck, as I never got around to getting one, and I have no other friends anymore. D:

They sell them at Toys 'R' Us. LOLOL!

\Tomb Raider/
14-09-11, 22:00
Tell me about it.. then your house becomes haunted as bawlz. Dx

FOR REAL GURL...I HAVE PROOF of it moving by its self....i do hear moaning once in awhile but that could be something else >_>

Gladous
14-09-11, 22:02
FOR REAL GURL...I HAVE PROOF of it moving by its self....i do hear moaning once in awhile but that could be something else >_>

LMFAO!

You can ask a ton of people on here about the experiences I've had. I even wrote like a 6 pages report about it in my English class. xD

\Tomb Raider/
14-09-11, 22:05
lmfao!

You can ask a ton of people on here about the experiences i've had. I even wrote like a 6 pages report about it in my english class. Xd

where!! I wanna read

Aphrodite22
14-09-11, 22:06
when i was like 9 i played with my cousin, we made a really trashy board on a simple white paper and wrote all the letters and numbers with a pen.

We used a coin, put our fingers on it and it somehow moved, we supposedly spoke with virgin mary (lol? ) and my cousin was the one who asked everything, she asked if animals went to heaven and said yes, she asked if my sister was ever gonna marry and it answered said; depends. and i dont remember the rest.

and that was it..... :)

but yeah i know its very dangerous, a friend told me she knew someone who stayed in comma for several days/weeks after playing! :yik:

Uzi master
14-09-11, 22:08
Why is everyone talking about how dangerous it is? its just a board:p

Aphrodite22
14-09-11, 22:11
Why is everyone talking about how dangerous it is? its just a board:p

Its NOT just a board.
its like path between the living and the death. When u play it u leave a portal open and some creppy stuff can happen.

Ephemerae
14-09-11, 22:13
Judging from the comments on this thread, apparently Hasbro dabbles in the occult.

Gladous
14-09-11, 22:35
where!! I wanna read

Here it is! Copied straight from the Word document. It's a LONG read. xD

The Haunting of the House on Clear Ridge Road
On August 6, 2006 I moved from the small Podunk town of Corinth, Mississippi, to the much larger and diverse city of Knoxville, Tennessee. I was so ecstatic to move away from there because I would have all of these new friends, more opportunities, and more things to do to entertain me. Life was going to be great, and nothing could go wrong, right?
After eight hours of driving and several pit-stops, we finally made it to Knoxville. The neighborhood was so monstrous. There were easily over 65 houses throughout, and the houses were a tight squeeze in between yards. Overall, the neighborhood was superb. We pulled into the driveway of a three story house that had a rather bare view to it. The flower bed was stripped to nothing. All it had was a pile of dirt. Brown shudders decorated the windows, and the backyard slanted down into a ditch. For such a large house, it wasn’t very appealing, but on the upside, we had a gorgeous view of the country.
“After we settle in we surely will revamp the house inside and out,” said Mom.
“Yeah,” my dad remarked, “we’ll get the boys to dig holes for the flowerbed.”
My parents hollered with laughter while my brother, Zack and I gave them a death stare.
When we got inside, I decided to analyze the third floor. As I walked up the stairs, I immediately faced the guest bedroom, and so I decided to go in there first. I got into the room and felt a definite presence with me. The room felt icy cold and it was in the middle of summer. Something wasn’t right. I had severe goose bumps. A sudden urge told me to get out, and so I dashed out of the room without looking back. I got downstairs and was shaking violently.
Mom asked, “What’s wrong?”
I had to think quickly on my toes and make up something. I didn’t want to have her concerned.
“Oh, I’m just nervous for school starting in the next couple of days. That’s all.”
My mom gave me a look like she wasn’t buying that story but seemed to accept it anyway.
A week or two later, my brother’s friend, Mikel spent the night with us. He stayed in the upstairs playroom which was directly next to the guest bedroom. He was the first person to be invited into our new home. The next morning, we ran downstairs for breakfast. When Mikel got down, he was white as a ghost.
“What’s wrong Mikel?” Zack asked.
“Well,” Mikel responded, “did anyone keep walking up and down the stairs this morning around 3:00?”
We all shook our heads.
“Maybe you were having a bad dream, Mikel. Now let’s eat,” said Mom.
No one seemed to acknowledge Mikel’s weird experience anymore, and we decided to not bring up the topic or tell anyone.
A few days later, Zack’s friend, Trent spent the night with us. We didn’t tell him what Mikel heard in the middle of the night because we didn’t want to freak him out. When everyone woke up the next morning, Trent had the same look on his face as Mikel.
Trent finally spoke up, “I heard someone stomp up and down the hallway around 3:00 this morning. It wasn’t just once or twice but it happened for about an hour. Then your stereo in the playroom was playing music. I thought it was Zack trying to scare me, but when I went into the room, no one was there and the music stopped playing.”
We all paused and looked at Trent.
“Are you sure you aren’t making this up?” my dad asked.
“Yes, sir,” responded Trent, “it was all too real.”
That day, Mikel came over and we spent awhile looking up videos on YouTube about people using the Ouija Board, a board that has the alphabet and numbers on it with one worded greetings at the top corners to communicate with spirits. We decided it get one at Toys ‘R’ Us. It was a tad weird that they sold it there, but we were glad they did.
We got home and opened the box up and took out the components and read the instructions on how to use the Ouija Board.
There was a tiny slip of paper that stated, “You have been warned. You cannot uninvite the spirits. They will be with you for as long as you live. Do not antagonize the spirits or alienate them. This is definitely not a game. Remember, you have been warned…”
The directions told us to place our fingertips on the edges of the planchette, the wooden piece that you use to communicate with the spirits, and say Ouija six times. Then have one person talk to it. They picked me to talk to it because they thought that I was the most educated about using it.
I asked, “Are there any spirits with us?”
The planchette didn’t budge.
We waited for a couple of seconds and I asked again, and the planchette still didn’t move.
“This board,” Mikel said, “is a bunch of voodoo garbage.”
“Just give it time,” I said.
We continued to wait, and then all of the sudden the planchette started to move. It shifted to say hello. We grew uneasy. Zack thought that Mikel was moving it but he denied it.
Trent said, “One of you is moving it. If this is actually a spirit, I want it to scare us.”
I asked it, “Can you shut the guest bedroom door?”
After ten minutes of waiting, the door slowly started to close. We were struck with horror, and then we threw the board and ran downstairs. We all told my parents but they didn’t believe us. They thought we were pulling their legs.
When I was lying in bed that night, I was still trying to comprehend what all happened. Then I felt fingertips brush my face. I swatted at it, but I still felt it. I grew weary and annoyed with it.
“Stop it!” I yelled.
Then it seized at that moment.
The next day, we attempted to use the Ouija Board again. This time we wanted to find out about the spirit. About 20 minutes of conversing with the spirit we found out that its name is Samantha and she was deceased back in 1990 at the age of 9 years old. That honestly unnerved us the most.
My brother had a baseball game that afternoon but I decided to stay home. As I was watching TV I heard something alarming.
“Nick?” my mom asked downstairs.
I was dazed. When I made my way down the stairs, the lights were off and my mom wasn’t here.
“NICK!” my mom yelled in a painfully tone.
I sprinted back down but nothing was there. Then I heard a silverware drawer slam open and someone digging around in it and then slam shut. I was so agitated that I had to call one of my friends up so I could forget take my mind off of the weird “paranormal activity” that was occurring in the house. When I informed my family what happened when they came back, they didn’t believe anything that I was explaining to them. I felt beside myself.
Two years passed and my dad got news that his job was transferring him to Conway, Arkansas. We were saddened by the news because in a way, we just got settled in to Tennessee. My dad was telling us stories of times back in Knoxville while we were on the road. I brought up the ghost stories that happened in that house, and my dad finally confessed that he did in fact have an experience.
“One night, your mom and I were asleep until I was woken up by her getting up and going downstairs,” my dad was saying, “I just thought that she got fed up with my snoring. I fell back to sleep shortly after but was woken again. This time I heard footsteps go around the bed to the closet door. I thought again that she was just getting a magazine or something to read. Then I heard footsteps sprint toward me, and I felt a set of hands press down upon me and I couldn’t breathe. I couldn’t move or see what was happening. As I struggled to get free, I flew forward and the hands let me go. I knew right then and there that you boys weren’t making any of these ghost stories up.”
Mom remarked, “The odd thing was that I didn’t experience any ghost encounters.”
When the movers were moving us into our new home I couldn’t help but feel safer and not watched upon. After a day or so of getting our furniture and things into our house, I unloaded some of my boxes and found my Ouija Board. I knew buying that thing was a turn for the worse. I decided to put it away into my closet and never touch it again. Ever since then I never experienced anything like what I did back in Knoxville. I then thought about that slip of paper that came with the board. The Ouija Board is not a game.

Sorry if it's hard to read. I cba to edit the whole thing again. :p

DgoOdz94
14-09-11, 22:38
No, it's seems and I believe it is stupid and pointless.

leglion
14-09-11, 22:40
I was dared to do it in a graveyard at night. Nothing happened.

sierra xb
14-09-11, 22:57
They sell them at Toys 'R' Us. LOLOL!

I worked at a Toys 'R' us store one year, and I had to deal with those when we got shipments in. When we'd be unloading boxes, i could always tell which box they were packed in because it felt really creepy to handle the box. Personally, I don't know if the boards do what they are supposed to do, but I don't see any point in taking any chances with it.

Poke Warrior
14-09-11, 23:10
I have never used one and most likely never will....

Melonie Tomb Raider
15-09-11, 00:31
Heck no. Never :S

leglion
15-09-11, 00:34
Heck no. Never :S

Why? D: It's quite thrilling you know. That chilly shrilling breeze that blows down your back, the jumpiness, that warm yellow liquid that trickles down your leg...

Melonie Tomb Raider
15-09-11, 00:36
Why? D: It's quite thrilling you know. That chilly shrilling breeze that blows down your back, the jumpiness, that warm yellow liquid that trickles down your leg...

My mother and her sisters had a very frightening experience with one, so I'll never chance something like that. It's not worth it.

Ephemerae
15-09-11, 01:04

:vlol:

Romantics Inc.
15-09-11, 01:12
Yes. It worked.

Shark_Blade
15-09-11, 01:14
A Ouija board is a board game owned by Parker Brothers (now known as Hasbro), it originally had nothing to do with summoning spirits from beyond, that's a popular myth brought about by mainstream religions. It was apparently one of the biggest selling board games until the release of The Exorcist, when the sales (weirdly :p) took a massive dive. Hasbro still own the rights to the board game but have stopped making it themselves.

From Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouija)...

A clip from a show called QI (Quite Interesting) about Ouija Boards...

Personally, I think it's all psychological.I learn something new today. :tmb: Thanks for sharing.

Indiana Croft
15-09-11, 01:15
I've always wanted to use one, but my family has always been oddly attuned to the supernatural on my mother side, so I'm afraid bad **** will go down if I use a Ouija board since I have that family trait. :(

Tombraiderx08
15-09-11, 01:40
I don't mess around with that stuff :p Never heard anything good come from it. Even if it did, the dead don't concern me, it's the living I worry about.

Joely-Moley
15-09-11, 11:05
Yeah, once.

Nothing happened and my friends were lighting candles and trying to make it all spooky. So after about half an hour of them saying 'Did it just move?!' It's getting cold in here, did you feel that chill?' I got really bored and annoyed so I started moving it.

They both got really freaked out.

cezy rockeru
15-09-11, 13:07
No,never.

I don't really believe in it unless I see it.

toxicraider
15-09-11, 14:29
Is this a US thing? I'd never even heard of it. :o

Mikky
15-09-11, 15:10

I don't mean to be rude, but I lol'd so much at this. :vlol:

Danni
15-09-11, 15:47
when i was like 9 i played with my cousin, we made a really trashy board on a simple white paper and wrote all the letters and numbers with a pen.

We used a coin, put our fingers on it and it somehow moved, we supposedly spoke with virgin mary (lol? ) and my cousin was the one who asked everything, she asked if animals went to heaven and said yes, she asked if my sister was ever gonna marry and it answered said; depends. and i dont remember the rest.

and that was it..... :)

but yeah i know its very dangerous, a friend told me she knew someone who stayed in comma for several days/weeks after playing! :yik:

Yeah this is what we did. Didn't use an actual Oujia board itself, and wow someone went into a coma? ;/

Its NOT just a board.
its like path between the living and the death. When u play it u leave a portal open and some creppy stuff can happen.

Exactly.

Yes. It worked.

What happened? If you don't wanna say that's cool but the threads for sharing experiences too. :)

No its not just a US thing :D :vlol: anyone can use one.

~ To the rest of the people in this thread who say they and family members have had frightening experiences with the board, I can safely say I will not even chance using a real board, never mind playing around with stuff like this ever again. Gotta say I think myself and others are actually really kinda lucky to have had nothing bad happen to us. Lesson learnt!

Admles
15-09-11, 17:28
Its NOT just a board.

Do you also believe in Santa?

ozzman
15-09-11, 18:04
no, those things are ****ing Evil

me and my sister used one and my step sister got Three Scratches on her arm... that's the sign of a demonic entity

Danni
15-09-11, 18:13
no, those things are ****ing Evil

me and my sister used one and my step sister got Three Scratches on her arm... that's the sign of a demonic entity

:( :confused: Well that's creepy! When did she notice she had them?

sandygrimm
15-09-11, 18:13
no, but I did with witchcraft! :) the teenage goth part of my life ...is shamed

Danni
15-09-11, 18:14
no, but I did with witchcraft! :) the teenage goth part of my life ...is shamed

Witchcraft? Care to explain? :p

Jester Head
15-09-11, 18:20
[...]its dangerous and I've been warned by my mother never to play because my uncle had an experience with one once. She never would and never has told us what happened. [...] like somebody had flicked it with their finger, and I have to say even though it was the tiniest thing that happened, it scared the crap out of me. [...] still doesn't believe in anything such as a God, the Devil, Spirits, Demons

My Mother has forbidden me to use them. She had a bad experience with one which un-nerved her, and she won't tell me the full story so I never will use one D:

Personally, I think it's all psychological.

My mom and I read a book by Sylvia Browne and she talked about how it was like opening a door to bad spirits or something like that...

Amongst other things, I think it was suggested as a way of 'connecting' with your subconscious self by way of the ideomotor effect.

Well this is definitely interesting.. never heard of it being used to connect to your subconscious self. I guess its possible right?

People claim it's the subconscious mind making contact (which obviously science can't really confirm nor debunk).

I guess if it is only your subconscious then yes it tells you what you want it to. Still intrigues me though.

As Morpheus so eloquently puts it, "Your mind makes it real."

Its NOT just a board.

My mother and her sisters had a very frightening experience with one, so I'll never chance something like that. It's not worth it.

Yes. It worked.

Well, that's it. People are summoning their Personas. It makes perfect sense. It's your subconscious, your true self, contacting with you. Some people are terrified of them because they appear to take the form of demons, spirits or gods, but ultimately, they are just a manifestation of your deepest desires and thoughts.

I am thou, and thou art I

SkyPuppy
15-09-11, 18:24
Well, that's it. People are summoning their Personas. It makes perfect sense. It's your subconscious, your true self, contacting with you. Some people are terrified of them because they appear to take the form of demons, spirits or gods, but ultimately, they are just a manifestation of your deepest desires and thoughts.

I am thou, and thou art I

xWrG5qiX2ZA

yep yep.

Aphrodite22
15-09-11, 18:30

Do you also believe in Santa?

no... :pi:

ozzman
15-09-11, 18:34
:( :confused: Well that's creepy! When did she notice she had them?

after we asked for any spirits to make themselves known, she had a sharp burning pain on her arm a few seconds after , scared the **** out of all of us

Danni
15-09-11, 18:37
after we asked for any spirits to make themselves known, she had a sharp burning pain on her arm a few seconds after , scared the **** out of all of us

:( Did it scar?

ozzman
15-09-11, 18:41
no it was more like if you had cut yourself on a thorn bush but it wasn't a thorn bush [or another way to say it, a cat scratch]

TRhalloween
16-09-11, 13:21
I used a Weegee Board once to summon Weegee.