PDA

View Full Version : Buy Toy/replica/imitation USP match 9mm

Nerrelle71
17-09-11, 13:29
Hi everyone, Im new here,
and my birthday is coming up. A fancy dress, and being a TR fan, I want to go as Lara croft, the black outfit from the last movie. The Angelina Jolie outfit with the black shorts, black tank, leg holsters and the black boots. Also the H&K USP match 9mm.
My question is....I dont want the silly looking plastic ones you can buy on ebay. I want something that looks good. I have been told by local police I can get a licence for replicas, thats no problem. But as the law in WA states we cant import Airsoft or BB....Im at a loss as what to do.

Does anyone know of a way around this?
Many Thanks in advance =)

Spong
17-09-11, 14:02
Hiya, welcome to the forum :wve:

I haven't a clue how to help you out, but you might want to ask your question in the Lara Croft Lookalikes Thread (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=124327). That's the home of all the hardcore cosplayers and such, I'm sure they'll be able to point you in the right direction :)

Nerrelle71
20-09-11, 07:08
Hey thanks so much for your response, much appreciated =)

Draco
20-09-11, 07:21
But as the law in WA states we cant import Airsoft or BB....Im at a loss as what to do.

Drive to Oregon?

sierra xb
21-09-11, 01:30
are you sure about the law about not being able to get them? I have never seen a state that had restrictions like that on airsoft guns, even where I live in California there are no laws against buying them...just can't go running around in public with them. I just googled airsoft dealers in Washington state and there are quite a few, so if you can sell them there, then should be no trouble with buying them.

Anyway, with the airsoft version of the HK Match, you basically have two choices...the spring-powered version that tends to run about $20 each (plastic but looks more than good enough for cosplay), or an all metal version that uses co2, but those run at least $150 per gun. As far as I can tell, there are no "replica" HK Match pistols that are NOT airsoft.

Nerrelle71
23-09-11, 06:28
Hi all, thanks for your replies, I should have made myself clear. I mean WA as in Western Australia =)...Our gun laws are ridiculously tight here. We cant import bb or airsoft. Only replicas and thats only if I get a permit from local police. I was thinking perhaps I could buy two from airsplat.com or something and ask if they will disassemble before they ship. But they said they wont do it. Does anyone know of any places that will? I cant think of any other option. Can you? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

sierra xb
23-09-11, 06:37
Hi all, thanks for your replies, I should have made myself clear. I mean WA as in Western Australia =)...Our gun laws are ridiculously tight here. We cant import bb or airsoft. Only replicas and thats only if I get a permit from local police. I was thinking perhaps I could buy two from airsplat.com or something and ask if they will disassemble before they ship. But they said they wont do it. Does anyone know of any places that will? I cant think of any other option. Can you? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ok :) honest mistake...I will try to see what I can find for you over here. Actually got to thinking about stage guns...basically rubber replicas with no moving parts. At least one pair of guns worn by Angelina in the first TR movie were supposedly made of rubber. They might not look totally real, but from a few meters away, who knows? Also, you might have to settle for a regular USP if the match version isn't available.

edit: look around on google for the following...stage guns, prop guns, training guns...with HK USP in the description.

Nerrelle71
24-09-11, 06:34
hehe, yep. I giggled to myself at draco's reply...I wish I could drive anywhere in the States!
That would be so awesome if you could see what you can find!!!
Im trying to think if I have a long lost American cousin who may buy some airsoft or bb and disassemble them and ship them over lol.
In the mean time I will google stage guns, prop guns and training guns. I have seen the training guns for sale here but there are $hundreds...a little too much =(

sierra xb
24-09-11, 06:38
hehe, yep. I giggled to myself at draco's reply...I wish I could drive anywhere in the States!
That would be so awesome if you could see what you can find!!!
Im trying to think if I have a long lost American cousin who may buy some airsoft or bb and disassemble them and ship them over lol.
In the mean time I will google stage guns, prop guns and training guns. I have seen the training guns for sale here but there are $hundreds...a little too much =(

I found an HK USP training gun for sale here for about $50 US, but not sure what the shipping would be to Australia. They tend to be blue or red, so you'd have to paint them.