PDA

View Full Version : Friend Request's?

Killercowz
18-09-11, 03:02
I personally don't send friend requests, I only accept them. Only on a few occasions will I send a friend request, but only if really like that person.
I see people here with like 120 friends and most of them they probably don't even talk to... and it's like, is it really necessary? :confused:
What's the point? Do you even talk to them?
It's like those people on facebook who have like five hundred friends.

Thoughts?

patriots88888
18-09-11, 03:07
Yea, I accept them because I feel like I would be rude if I didn't. That's not to say that I don't like the peeps who do send requests, only that I'm not a very sociable member on this forum outside of the usual posting in threads. So I do wonder if they think otherwise if I don't VM/PM them much (or even at all). xD

KC Mraz
18-09-11, 03:11
I never get friend requests. Heck, I rarely get visitor messages, so I don't have people to send friend requests to. Although they don't do much anyway.

Why don't you love me? Tell me, babies, why, oh whyyy don’t you love me.

Mikky
18-09-11, 03:12
I have 268 friends on here. I send out a lot of requests. :pi:

SkyPuppy
18-09-11, 03:21
I have 268 friends on here. I send out a lot of requests. :pi:

boo, you whore.

sierra xb
18-09-11, 04:07
I haven't been on the forum long compared to many of you, so I really don't know people here that well. Because of that, I am much more likely to NOT send any friends requests because I really don't know how they will be recieved. I can just see it now..."hmmm, I got a friends request from...uh, who the heck is this Sierra person" *clicks reject*. I will accept them, though, but only after looking at some of the person's posts so I can get an idea of what kind of a person they are.

leglion
18-09-11, 04:09
@OP: Just because you can't manage and mingle with 500 friends doesn't mean others can't. :ohn:

robm_2007
18-09-11, 04:14
I almost never send friend requests, and I might accept them pending that we have something in common and frequent the same threads. But I decline friend requests much of the time, not that I am so popular that ppl are begging to get in, but I've had more random ppl request me who have never even talked to me, than people I actually have or do converse with.

If they don't take an effort to VM me or something, or if we never discuss things in the same threads, then I delete them and they are one their way to request their next "friend."

Tommy123
18-09-11, 04:23
I never get friend requests. Heck, I rarely get visitor messages, so I don't have people to send friend requests to. Although they don't do much anyway.

Why don't you love me? Tell me, babies, why, oh whyyy donít you love me.

Im in the same boat as you gurl.

Excuse me while i pour my lonliness into a bucket of KFC.

Sir Croft
18-09-11, 04:25
I only add the ones I like here (doesn't mean I dislike the ones I didn't add. Just saying.), so my friend list is short. If someone who I have no sort of connection with in the forums adds me, chances are I won't accept the request.

xXhayleyroxXx
18-09-11, 12:10
I hardly send them -- but a lot of people add me so it's rude not to accept. I talk to a lot of them -- if not via vm's then in forum posts ^.^

cezy rockeru
18-09-11, 12:15
if not via vm's then in forum posts ^.^

the reason why you have over 30,000 posts. :whi:

ultima espio
18-09-11, 12:16
I only add people that I talk to somewhere on the forum. I wouldn't randomly add someone just to get my friends count up.

xXhayleyroxXx
18-09-11, 12:18
the reason why you have over 30,000 posts. :whi:

Well yeah :ohn: And there's a lot to talk about.

ultima espio
18-09-11, 12:19
If VM's also increased post count, I think most of us would end up with 100,000+ posts :vlol:

Draco
18-09-11, 12:41
My friends are few and far between. I have a lot of acquaintences tho.

Phlip
18-09-11, 12:44
I don't accept friend requests from people I like... kinda don't interact with. Everyone on my friends list are people I actually give a **** about. :) Same with Facebook.

Weemanply109
18-09-11, 12:57
I accept all of my friend requests. I prefer to get to know people before judging them. Basically a friend request is way of initiating that, I tend to send a friend request to those I want to get to know better.

I don't accept friend requests from people I like... kinda don't interact with. Everyone on my friends list are people I actually give a **** about. :) Same with Facebook.

Nice to know you care about me.. :o

LET ME LOVE U!!!!

Phlip
18-09-11, 13:24
Nice to know you care about me.. :o

LET ME LOVE U!!!!

That's a good start; creepiness and clingeyness. ;)

irishhips
18-09-11, 14:58
I only add the ones I like here (doesn't mean I dislike the ones I didn't add. Just saying.), so my friend list is short. If someone who I have no sort of connection with in the forums adds me, chances are I won't accept the request.Agree :tmb:

Rai
18-09-11, 16:56
Admittedly probably the majority of my 'friends' are people I don't even know and I don't take off people who aren't even here any more. I accept requests as I don't want to seem rude, but I rarely send any.

mepsipax
18-09-11, 17:08
I accept because I either:
a): Like the person.
b): Would feel bad accepting.
I don't send them myself, I find it to be largely pointless, but if you send one I'll be nice and accept. :)

Greenapple968
18-09-11, 21:56
I only have 8 friends on here and I don't know anyone of them personally. I add people on this forum if I talk to them a lot and get on well with them.
And I only accept requests from people if I'm familar with their account name.

Gracious Days
18-09-11, 22:08
I haven't been on the forum long compared to many of you, so I really don't know people here that well. Because of that, I am much more likely to NOT send any friends requests because I really don't know how they will be recieved. I can just see it now..."hmmm, I got a friends request from...uh, who the heck is this Sierra person" *clicks reject*. I will accept them, though, but only after looking at some of the person's posts so I can get an idea of what kind of a person they are.

This. But yeah, I'm not too bothered with friend requests, unless the person seems really nice and inviting. People do enough discussing and chatting with their regular forum posts as it is, VMs and PMs are just a bonus for stuff that'd be spam otherwise.

Spong
18-09-11, 22:17
Everyone has imaginary friends at one point or another in their life, nowadays the internet has Facebook to cater for that. For some people, it's all about the numbers I guess. If it makes them feel popular or loved, who are we to point out the reality and say that they're not?

I have no idea how many friends I have on my list here, I've never looked.

*Goes and looks* I've got 63 apparently.

I've never sent a request myself, apart from when I accidentally deleted Paddy from my friends list and I re-added him. To date, I've only ever knocked back one request and, to be honest, I kind of regret it. The vast majority of people I hardly speak to, which defies the point if you ask me, I've thought about pruning the list plenty of times because of that.

laralives
18-09-11, 23:20
18 Friends... Woot! ^^

I'll accept if I have interacted with them positively...:)

larafan25
18-09-11, 23:24
I have 127 friends and I don't regret accepting a single one of them, I've interacted positively and negatively with probably each of them. I don't see people on the forum with friendship-vision and go "Oh hey, they're on my friends list".

I just accept any request, but that doesn't make them of less value...:/

sheepman23
18-09-11, 23:28
I send some friend requests if I notice a user who I've been interacting with a lot lately. At first, that was barely anyone, but now that I've been exposed to GC that's a lot more. :p

I also accept any friend requests... even if I don't really know the person who's adding me. :vlol: I dunno, I guess it's just kind of a polite thing to do. ;)

Encore
18-09-11, 23:47
I always accept a friend request (I don't receive many anyway, so it isn't a problem for me). I've sent friend requests when I intend to speak to someone on their wall.

Quasimodo
19-09-11, 00:04
I used to have almost 300, then I stopped using the feature all together for a long time. I guess it's mildly interesting to see who people are buddies with, but I don't really pay any attention to it.

I've sent friend requests when I intend to speak to someone on their wall.
I find wall restrictions annoying. If it's that private, why not take it to PM where I can't snoop? :p

Legend of Lara
19-09-11, 00:09
I never deny friend requests. I'm too nice to do so.

:pi:

LaraDuh
19-09-11, 01:45
i dont want to have an enemy on here... so i gladly accept any requests :)

Romantics Inc.
19-09-11, 01:49
I've never not accepted one. I've sent probably 30% of them.

Catapharact
19-09-11, 02:08
Haven't sent one to my knowledge.

Rarely accept them. It pretty much depends upon who the member is, how much I know about them on the forums and if they haven't managed to totally annoy the living hell out of me.

TRLegendLuver
19-09-11, 02:37
While I think that friend requests on TRF are essentially useless, (you don't get any special feature to go along with becoming someone's friend), if someone requests my "friendship" on TRF, I am more than happy to oblige to accept it. I have requested someone's friend ship as well before in the past, and I accept those who have been polite and treated me with respect. If someone hasn't, and they send me a friend request, I don't approve of the "friendship".

All in all, friend requests are not a big deal but if someone is on my friends list, I act as their friend. (As I should.)

Ikas90
19-09-11, 02:46
I don't really care too much about my friend's list, so I just accept whatever, usually.

Chocola teapot
19-09-11, 03:05
If someone is fabulous, I add them and vice versa.

Draco
19-09-11, 07:18

*delete friend*

I am not fabulous!

Changeling
19-09-11, 07:28
It's useful to have contacts. I have 345 friends (on Facebook), and I know every one personally (save for the few who added me from here or other forums). You never know who you're going to need.

EscondeR
19-09-11, 07:42
Personally I try to stay in touch with everyone I have on my FL... Well, some are too busy with RL, some are banned, but that doesn't mean I must sweep them out.

I don't accept FR from complete strangers. If I don't know the person I can't call them "friends" even in internet boards approximation.

The main use of FL [for me at least] is that people I know well and interested in communicating with are marked with "+" in Who's online list, so I can easily spot them and find where they are. All other "uses" are merely e-peen :D

Phlip
19-09-11, 14:18
I don't really care too much about my friend's list, so I just accept whatever, usually.

Added you. I'm surprised we didn't have each other before!

marceepaniq
19-09-11, 15:36
I only send friend requests to people I know, and I accept people with 50 or more mutual friends.

Tombraider95
19-09-11, 16:40
I send them rarely, yet nearly always accept them.

Being my friend means you can see my Profile pic and comment on my profile.

How cool is that? :ohn:

:p jks

Weemanply109
19-09-11, 18:42

You obviously must have me on your friends list...

How cool is that? :ohn:

:p jks

Too cool :cool:

That's a good start; creepiness and clingeyness. ;)

ikr?

Summers
19-09-11, 19:44
i dont post here much, so is hard to make friends here :D
but i'd not reject any friend request, maybe you can miss an opportunity to make a good friend.

Mr Tomb
19-09-11, 19:58
i have 400 friends and i don't care about my friend's list tbh :p

aidanmalone
19-09-11, 20:24
I rarely send any out but I love getting them :p
Theres too much popularity on here though :o

CosmoCroft
19-09-11, 20:53
I added one or two people here to see how it worked. I don't bother with them much unless they are a good friend.

Chocola teapot
20-09-11, 01:51
You obviously must have me on your friends list...

I don't befriend ignorant bitches.

<3

leglion
20-09-11, 02:17

But wouldn't them adding you make them unfabulous? :whi:

<3 J/K babes. You know i love you.