PDA

View Full Version : Sperm bank turns down redheads.

booty luv
18-09-11, 09:18
REDHEADS are being turned away from the largest sperm bank in the world - because not enough people want ginger kids.

The director of Cryos International, Ole Schou, said that there have been so many donations made in the last few years that now the facility can afford to be picky.

The international sperm bank has been inundated with donations, and whilst demand too is soaring, not many people want to have ginger children.

Mr Schou said: "There are too many redheads in relation to demand. I do not think you chose a redhead, unless the partner for example, the sterile male has red hair, or because the lone woman has a preference for redheads. And that's perhaps not so many, especially in the latter case."

Mr Schou went on to say that the only real demand for redheaded semen comes from Ireland, where it sells "like hot cakes".

Cryos have now reached their capacity of 70 litres of semen, approximately 14,000 donations, and there are 600 donors on the waiting list.

Sperm from donors with brown hair and eyes is particularly in demand, because Cryos has many customers in Mediterranean countries.

Historically, red hair was thought to be a mark of moral degeneration and beastly sexual desires.

Scotland has the highest proportion of gingers, affecting 13 per cent of the population, but it is estimated that there are somewhere between 6 to 18 million gingers in America.

The Sun

:vlol::vlol::vlol: you couldn't make it up!

Tombraider95
18-09-11, 09:20
Beggers can't be choosers.

cbragg09
18-09-11, 09:23
ive got brown hair and eyes!! lucky me rofl

its kinda sad how many people are against red headed children though. i mean, its only a hair color. its not likes its going to affect their personality

Zelda master
18-09-11, 09:57
How long before this goes to Mature General Chat..? :p

cezy rockeru
18-09-11, 09:57
human race ._.

moodydog
18-09-11, 10:09
this is all South Parks fault :p
My best friends ginger, but he's a great laugh and beats us to all the ginger jokes.
I wouldn't mind a few more like that...

then I read... 'The sun'

Legend 4ever
18-09-11, 10:15
I don't mean to be rude, but the first thought that came to me was "You get to choose the looks of your kid and you choose the most common brown-haired, brown-eyed child?" I'd rather have a ginger kid that stands out than the socially acceptable plain one.

michaeldt
18-09-11, 10:30
Labelling in society can be horrible. What makes a brown haired child better than a red haired child? NOTHING. Its just a stupid thing that has evolved over the years, people hate different things for some reason, and because red haired people are different, they are not accepted as much as other people socially.
I have red hair, but I have dark brown eyebrows, lashes and brown eyes. I have loads of friends, but for some reason still get the occasional labelling of being Ginger. However, my mother had red hair as a child and teenager, but it went brown as she got older, and I can see that it is starting to happen to me as-well.

Eros5th
18-09-11, 10:48
Oh thats just the tip of the iceberg...

Sperm banks typically also want men over a certain height, with a certain IQ level.. it's ridiculous really.

I say GO IRELAND and F everyone else.. diversity is beautiful

I personally wish we could mix all the races up as much as possible :mis:

toxicraider
18-09-11, 10:57
It's basically miscegenation/creating designer children, so I'm really against people being so selective. That said; people might be equally selective in choosing a partner to have children the natural way, since there's an element of 'he's not my type' with relationships, so it's not a horrific unfair thing to let people have some choice. I would have thought people using sperm banks would be desperate enough to not be choosy, but I suppose there isn't much of a shortage of sperm, considering millions are donated but only a few are used.

I also found it a little strange that people in countries where brown hair and eyes are extremely common, chose those traits, but maybe they just wanted a child that resembled themselves.

Liara
18-09-11, 11:28
I don't mean to be rude, but the first thought that came to me was "You get to choose the looks of your kid and you choose the most common brown-haired, brown-eyed child?"
That's what I was thinking as well. I mean really? So many people dye their hair red, but god forbid them having ginger children. I'd love to have a red-headed kid to be honest. I'm getting sick of all the fake, "hey look at me!" neon red dyes you see everywhere nowadays.

larson n natla
18-09-11, 12:26
I find red hair beautiful, particularly with girls who have bright vibrant natural red.

I'm quite surprised that dark hair is so popular, I have it and would have assumed that blonde would be more popular as it is rarer.

They're a business in the end I suppose and if supply isn't meeting demand they have to do something about it. :p

Weemanply109
18-09-11, 12:58
That's really sad to hear tbh. They are rejecting people because of their hair colour? :rolleyes:

I'm from Scotland and I cannot believe that we have a huge amount of Ginger people :yik: I actually don't see many in comparison to brown haired folk tbh :p

TRLegendLuver
18-09-11, 13:37
I love my gingers. That's so stupid. People are not being picky on what color the child has when they adopt them or such. I mean, the outcome when having children regularly has several different possibilities for being different hair colors already. That's so idiotic.

Quirky fact on the subject of redheads: Did you know only 2% of the world's population are red-heads? (Natural, of course)

ultima espio
18-09-11, 13:48
Heh, I thought the title said "Sperm bank burned down by redheads":p

mepsipax
18-09-11, 13:52
LMAO. :vlol:
OMG what a thing to do. I just... I just can't fathom this. Like WTF were they thinking?

xXhayleyroxXx
18-09-11, 13:59
Thats disgusting :/

Linoshi Croft
18-09-11, 14:00
But. . even if a person is ginger it doesn't mean you will necessarily have ginger children

Weemanply109
18-09-11, 14:02
But. . even if a person is ginger it doesn't mean you will necessarily have ginger children

The chances of their children having ginger hair is higher tho :p Hence why it leads to this.. :o

Linoshi Croft
18-09-11, 14:05
Well obviously, but even if the donor and the person having the child had black hair they could still have one. . either way it's still pathetic. It's only a hair colour.

Killercowz
18-09-11, 14:53
EY39fkmqKBM

Weemanply109
18-09-11, 14:58
Well obviously, but even if the donor and the person having the child had black hair they could still have one. . either way it's still pathetic. It's only a hair colour.

Exactly, it's absurd. :rolleyes:

EY39fkmqKBM

I actually thought of this video while reading the OP :vlol:

larafan25
18-09-11, 15:02
Cool, the gene is going to be gone eventually, let's just be assholes about it.:)

Mikky
18-09-11, 15:04
I like ginger hair.

Linoshi Croft
18-09-11, 15:08
I like ginger hair.

Gingers rule the world :ohn:

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcyoaesakk1qa29szo1_500.gif

Mikky
18-09-11, 15:08
Bree! <3

Jester Head
18-09-11, 15:17
That's really sad to hear tbh. They are rejecting people because of their hair colour? :rolleyes:

They are because they have to. It's not the sperm bank's fault.

Weemanply109
18-09-11, 15:34
They are because they have to. It's not the sperm bank's fault.

I never said it's because of the sperm bank, I meant the people. Nothing wrong with being ginger.

Bongo Fury
18-09-11, 15:35
What's the deal with all the nay bobs here? The company states that the demand is coming from the Mediterranean where nobody has red hair. Why isn't anyone cranky with the "degenerate" :D Irish who favour red over the other colours?

FloTheMachine
18-09-11, 15:36
:vlol:!!!

Jester Head
18-09-11, 15:40
I never said it's because of the sperm bank, I meant the people. Nothing wrong with being ginger.

Oh, the way I read it made it seem like you were against the banks rejecting people for their hair colour.

Dennis's Mom
18-09-11, 16:41
I have never understood this "ginger" thing. I adore red hair and I was thrilled when I had to dye mine red for a show. I just don't get it. :confused:

Rai
18-09-11, 16:47
That's absurd. Red hair is gorgeous. There's twin girls who live by me and they have gorgeous ginger curls - make me want to kidnap them. But I wouldn't, it's like, illegal and stuff :p

SirPlagueRat
18-09-11, 17:10
Eugh, that's disgusting. I hate the human race sometimes. :pi:
Why the hell would you want a brown-haired, brown-eyed child anyway? They're incredibly common, and red hair is gorgeous. :p

leglion
18-09-11, 17:49
Eugh, that's disgusting. I hate the human race sometimes. :pi:
Why the hell would you want a brown-haired, brown-eyed child anyway? They're incredibly common, and red hair is gorgeous. :p

Well, because they're generally seen as more beautiful. They're also less likely to get teased. No one's gonna call them a dumb blond or an evil ginger or whatever. Personally, a lot of ginger babies creep me out. ****, all babies creep me out to a certain extent. :ton:

Sir Croft
18-09-11, 17:51
It's funny how some people here are bashing "common" children and taking a ginger one because they're allegedly different. Way to go equality!

LaraDuh
18-09-11, 18:13
It's funny how some people here are bashing "common" children and taking a ginger one because they're allegedly different. Way to go equality!

agreed. i love redheads because i am one ;) well i dyed it dark red but who cares

star-dust
18-09-11, 18:21
This is almost racist to a point and I find it sad.

I just want to let this sperm bank know that the red head gene can skip a generation so that brunette man you're collecting sperm from, watch out his beebee's might be cute little Gingers, surprise! :D

Eros5th
18-09-11, 18:22
I happen to think firecrotches are a refreshing change of scenery.

Romantics Inc.
18-09-11, 18:29
I find guys with red hair to be extremely sexy. I would totally get sperm from Kevin McKidd to have a baby if I was a woman and had the power to retrieve an actor's sperm.

leglion
18-09-11, 18:33
The term ginger refers to someone with orange-y red hair and freckles and not everyone with red hair.
http://www.deviantart.com/download/116604712/red_head_by_Ali_Effin_Elizabeth.jpg
=/=
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/09_01/hairbabyMENSYN_468x526.jpg
Just thought I'd point that out. :pi:

klona
18-09-11, 18:53
^Red Hair is awesome, but freckles aren't. :pi:

LaraDuh
18-09-11, 19:01
^Red Hair is awesome, but freckles aren't. :pi:

puh-lease i have freckles and

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr8a9iiMTj1qh0vleo1_400.jpg

Jester Head
18-09-11, 22:22
The term ginger refers to someone with orange-y red hair and freckles and not everyone with red hair.
http://www.deviantart.com/download/116604712/red_head_by_Ali_Effin_Elizabeth.jpg
=/=

This.

Ginger hate is not redhead hate.

robm_2007
18-09-11, 22:25
This is one of the funniest things I have ever read :pi:

Poke Warrior
18-09-11, 22:29
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr8a9iiMTj1qh0vleo1_400.jpg

Flareon!

Encore
18-09-11, 23:41
I honestly will never understand the dislike for redheads.

I can think of 3 of the most beautiful people on earth that are redheads.

http://shadowzone.com.sapo.pt/damianlewisprofile.jpg

http://shadowzone.com.sapo.pt/michaelfassbender09810.jpg

http://shadowzone.com.sapo.pt/madmen11209.jpg

Melonie Tomb Raider
19-09-11, 01:31
I think red hair is awesome.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Joe131pictures/Red/hot-redhead-girls-13.jpg

star-dust
19-09-11, 05:49
=/=

I am a red head. It is not orange-y red my hair, it's red, red. And I'm not freckly and yet I'm called a ginger. :confused:

Lara Croft!
19-09-11, 10:39
There are too many redheads in relation to demand.

So it's not like they're not accepting gingers at all. They just don't want any more, because people are not asking these types of genes.

Rai
19-09-11, 12:37

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Joe131pictures/Red/hot-redhead-girls-13.jpg

Well great. Trouble is you've chosen a picture of a girl with dyed red hair,:p (still awesome just not natural).

Danni
19-09-11, 13:08

My hair is dyed like this :) only the colour is fading a lot now, and I'm all for natural redheads! What are they playing at? :ohn:

Draco
19-09-11, 13:45
Red hair has always been... stigmatized. But I like it.

My dream girl is almost a genetic impossibility: genuine red hair and green eyes on a southest asian.

tomee
19-09-11, 14:07
I really like natural red hair, but not that that strong 'artificial' red hair, like this

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/149/437739877_c89b278c53.jpg

TRhalloween
19-09-11, 15:20
A saw a perfect ginger man today. X_X

I'd very much like to have his ginger babies.

AmericanAssassin
19-09-11, 15:40
Yay! I get to be the one ass in this thread. Not going to lie... Red/orange hair just isn't my thing. Also, the sperm banks are a business. Businesses do what will profit them. If the demand for ginger children is low, as a business it makes sense that they would put others ahead. Sorry to be the realistic one here.

Jester Head
19-09-11, 16:02
Also, the sperm banks are a business. Businesses do what will profit them. If the demand for ginger children is low, as a business it makes sense that they would put others ahead.

I think that is obvious. No one is questioning that here.

AmericanAssassin
19-09-11, 16:07
I think that is obvious. No one is questioning that here.
Well, then people need to quit acting like it's so wrong. Whether people want to believe it or not, money makes the world work. They're doing what they have to do to make as much money as they can. They shouldn't waste their time if they aren't going to profit off it. Just saying...

interstellardave
19-09-11, 16:10
Everyone chooses who they want to mate with--and the criteria can be literally anything they'd like it to be. So, whether it's a one night stand or a vial of sperm from a sperm bank, it's an individual choice. There's no right or wrong there. We can't make a large group of individuals change their minds just to alter a statistic.

Jester Head
19-09-11, 16:16
I think people here are more against what's behind the decision ("clients" not wanting redhead kids) than the decision itself...

Although I don't see why, since it's a matter of personal freedom and preference. If the majority of the clients doesn't want a redhead child (for various reasons), then that's their choice.

toxicraider
19-09-11, 16:24
Everyone chooses who they want to mate with--and the criteria can be literally anything they'd like it to be. So, whether it's a one night stand or a vial of sperm from a sperm bank, it's an individual choice. There's no right or wrong there. We can't make a large group of individuals change their minds just to alter a statistic.

Exactly; I made this point earlier; People are even more picky when they choose who they sleep with/start a relationship. It's perfectly natural to select the ideal partner to have a child with; it's basically the only way we still undergo natural selection. To criticise people for being so fussy is likely to be hypocrisy, unless you happily sleep with everyone you see.

People in other cultures don't see red hair in the same way. To be honest, the genes probably wouldn't show up if the mother had very dark hair, but for a couple to have a child that could look completely different to the parents might not be wanted. Yes, they may be desperate for children, but I doubt there is a shortage of sperm. A single donor could probably father millions of children if needed, so I don't think 'beggars can't be choosers' actually applies here. Not to mention, people probably prefer to choose features similar to their own, or the surrogate father, so in certain countries common features would be commonly sought.

Jester Head
19-09-11, 16:31
^Indeed. They are paying for a service, they have all the right be served as best as they can.