PDA

View Full Version : Which of the TR Gold games have you played?

sheepman23
20-09-11, 21:58
Hey all, :wve:

As many of you know, there's been a TR1 - 6 level poll going on in GC for the past two months or so, and it's almost come to an end. We have plans to do a Crystal tournament after, but I had also considered doing a Gold level tournament, comprised of the 16 Gold levels. ;)

However, I wanted to ask how many of you have actually played the Gold games, whether your response is all of them, some of them, or none at all. If it seems that there's a relatively large amount who have played most or all of them, then we'll probably go through with the Gold tourney.

And in any case, I'm kind of curious myself considering that I've only played Golden Mask and Lost Artifact (and they were amazing, by the way :tmb:).

lance6439
20-09-11, 21:59
A Demo of TRII Gold :)

Legend of Lara
20-09-11, 21:59
I haven't played any of them. :'(

Mikky
20-09-11, 22:00
I have all of them, but I've only ever played through TR3 Gold. I'm just not bothered to go through 1 & 2. :p

Phlip
20-09-11, 22:07
All.

sheepman23
20-09-11, 22:18
I have all of them, but I've only ever played through TR3 Gold. I'm just not bothered to go through 1 & 2. :p

Well, I'd highly recommend Golden Mask, although I haven't played UB. :tmb:

Chocola teapot
20-09-11, 22:19
None of them, sadly, But I'd love to play The Lost Artifact.

Jester Head
20-09-11, 22:53
All of them, and they're all amazing.

I seriously recommend Unfinished Business. It's really good, especially Temple of the Cat.

peeves
20-09-11, 22:55
I haven't played none of them.

LaraDuh
20-09-11, 22:59
all of them bitches!!!

:}hello friend
21-09-11, 00:08
Times Exclusive.

Greenapple968
21-09-11, 00:09
Sadly I've played none of them. :(

Mikky
21-09-11, 00:12
Times Exclusive.

Oh, yeah, and I've played that. Though, that doesn't really count. xD

Love2Raid
21-09-11, 00:23
Times Exclusive.

This is the only one I've played as well.

Summers
21-09-11, 00:51
nothingtoseehere

Uzi master
21-09-11, 01:01
Oh, yeah, and I've played that. Though, that doesn't really count. xD

There was a TR4 gold planned out, but was scrapped.

So yeah, the times exclusive isn't one of the gold gaiden games.>.>

Spong
21-09-11, 01:03
Own and played all of them :wve:

Love2Raid
21-09-11, 01:05
So did you play all of them or... http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/c/confuse.gif

Spong
21-09-11, 01:06
^Gotta love peeves and his double-negatives :vlol:

Love2Raid
21-09-11, 01:07
Confusing as hell! :p

robm_2007
21-09-11, 01:08
None of them.

sheepman23
21-09-11, 02:27
^Gotta love peeves and his double-negatives :vlol:

IKR? :D

Also, unless a huge wave of people bursts out saying that they've played the Gold games and would take part in the tourney, I think we might just go ahead and do LAU instead. ;)

Spong
21-09-11, 02:36
I think you'd have more success with LAU than you would the Gold editions. Their limited availability has scuppered their popularity. Which is a shame, but that's the reality I think.

sheepman23
21-09-11, 02:40
I think you'd have more success with LAU than you would the Gold editions. Their limited availability has scuppered their popularity. Which is a shame, but that's the reality I think.

You're probably right. The other issue is that some (like myself) have only played some of them, but not all, so they would end up skewing the results a little bit.

But yes, it's a shame. I mean... every self-respecting TR fan has to experience the works of art like Highland Fling or Kingdom to name a few. (If only they had been ported to the Playstation as well!!! XD)

Avalon SARL
21-09-11, 04:25
I have played them all, but don't actually remeber anything about them :pi:

Lara Coft Baby
21-09-11, 04:42
Unfinished Business and a demo of TR2 though I haven't finished either

Eddie Haskell
21-09-11, 04:51
Every one. And The Lost Artifact is easily the best of the bunch.

Dark Wiseman
21-09-11, 10:19
I'm happy to say I have played all of them. :D

(If only they had been ported to the Playstation as well!!! XD)Agreed. I'm, actually surprised they didn't add them for the Greatest Hits (Platinum) releases. Plenty of other companies have added already released extra content to GH/P releases. It would have given me reason to buy them again. :p Tis a shame. :(

Lara Croft!
21-09-11, 11:28
Golden Mask & The Lost Artifact

Draco
21-09-11, 11:30

So which have you played then?

I've played none.

Soul
21-09-11, 11:31
I started "The Golden Mask" and "Unfinished Business" but have finished none.

ajrich17901
21-09-11, 11:41
Only played some of the lost artifact, saving them for a rainy day in the future.

sheepman23
21-09-11, 11:43
Every one. And The Lost Artifact is easily the best of the bunch.

If The Lost Artifact had been longer (as in, almost the size of a full game ;)), then it seriously could've been my favorite of the series, and one of my favorites ever. It's just that awesome.

Caesum
21-09-11, 11:46
All. TR3 Gold was the best one though. <3

!Lara Croft!
21-09-11, 11:46
All three, and the times exclusive level...

Still pining for the TR4 gold that could have been...lara in the bermuda triangle...pirates...zombies...voodoo...

klona
21-09-11, 12:01
I only played the first level of the golden mask really long ago.
Only played for some seconds then left the game because i wasn't in the mood to play.
And i played the times exclusive too, but never got to finish it because i was stuck somewhere... can't remember.

tomblover
21-09-11, 12:03
I've played The Lost Artifact in its entirety, but I've played parts of TR1 and TR2 Gold as well. :p

Seth94
21-09-11, 15:28
Unfinished Business and The Golden Mask. :)

Mytly
22-09-11, 18:59
All of them. :) The Golden Mask and The Lost Artifact are amazing. :tmb:

mepsipax
22-09-11, 19:01

Oh, so you've played one? :mis:

I've played all (I didn't like UB as much as the other two...).

sheepman23
30-09-11, 02:24
Well, great news - I'm finally getting the 2-disc copy of TR1 Gold... :jmp: After playing it, I'll have completed the Gold series. :tmb:

Sgt BOMBULOUS
30-09-11, 02:29
All of them. I'd rank them something like: TR1 UB > Lost Artifact > Golden Mask. I REALLY liked the Unfinished business levels.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
30-09-11, 02:30
Oops...

Well, great news - I'm finally getting the 2-disc copy of TR1 Gold... :jmp: After playing it, I'll have completed the Gold series. :tmb:

It's about damn time. :ton:

Shark_Blade
30-09-11, 02:43
TR2 Gold, but only a bit.

Playing on PC is hard and making my neck ache.

So you have played all of them, eh peeves?

sheepman23
08-10-11, 16:03
Well, now I've officially played and completed all of them, just finished Unfinished Business yesterday. :jmp:

Lost Artifact >>> Unfinished Business > Golden Mask

But they're all amazing. :D

cezy rockeru
08-10-11, 16:05
all.

Drone
08-10-11, 16:06
All of them but like none of them except for Lost Artifact which is ****ing brilliant. If I had a billion dollars I would give it to LA's level designers.

Seth94
08-10-11, 16:06
Unfinished Business > Golden Mask

Really? :yik:

:p

sheepman23
08-10-11, 16:09
All of them but like none of them except for Lost Artifact which is ****ing brilliant. If I had a billion dollars I would give it to LA's level designers.

THIS. :tmb:

Really? :yik:

:p

It's surprising, but yes.

The Golden Mask has 2 kind of average levels, and then three awesome ones. Unfinished Business has 1 really awesome one and the other three are pretty solid. It's really, really close though - and like I said, I love all three of the games. :)

Seth94
08-10-11, 16:12
It's surprising, but yes.

The Golden Mask has 2 kind of average levels, and then three awesome ones. Unfinished Business has 1 really awesome one and the other three are pretty solid. It's really, really close though - and like I said, I love all three of the games. :)

It is surprising, yes. :p

Imo only Atlantean Stronghold was a solid level in TR1 Gold. I wasn't very fond of the other three levels. TR2 Gold had, like you said, 2 average levels, but it had 3 amazing ones. :tmb:

sheepman23
08-10-11, 16:14
Imo only Atlantean Stronghold was a solid level in TR1 Gold. I wasn't very fond of the other three levels. TR2 Gold had, like you said, 2 average levels, but it had 3 amazing ones. :tmb:

Yeah, I don't know... I just found something about Unfinished Business to be really cool. Lara returning to Egypt and Atlantis, the amazing level design everywhere, how much I had to think about conserving ammo and dealing with the enemies... it was just really neat. On the other hand, the final three levels of GM are really neat and unique in their own ways, whereas UB was very similar to TR1 (and I liked that, too :tmb:).

I think it's probably more:

The Lost Artifact >>> Unfinished Business = The Golden Mask

;)

Seth94
08-10-11, 16:17
Yeah, I don't know... I just found something about Unfinished Business to be really cool. Lara returning to Egypt and Atlantis, the amazing level design everywhere, how much I had to think about conserving ammo and dealing with the enemies... it was just really neat. On the other hand, the final three levels of GM are really neat and unique in their own ways, whereas UB was very similar to TR1 (and I liked that, too :tmb:).

I haven't played TR1 Gold for a while, so maybe I should replay it, but all I remember is that 3 of the levels were pretty boring, and the other one was excellent. :p

Unfinished Business = The Golden Mask

That's better. :tmb:

sheepman23
08-10-11, 16:19
I haven't played TR1 Gold for a while, so maybe I should replay it, but all I remember is that 3 of the levels were pretty boring, and the other one was excellent. :p

Do it soon, before the Gold tournament starts. :p

That's better. :tmb:

Yeah, I'm probably just all excited about the game since I just finished it. :vlol: But I can guarantee you, Seth, that if TR3 was your favorite game, then you will absolutely love The Lost Artifact. :D

FloTheMachine
08-10-11, 16:19
I loved The Golden Mask. <3
Never played The Lost Artifact. Should I get it? D:

Seth94
08-10-11, 16:21
Do it soon, before the Gold tournament starts. :p

So you're definitely doing a Gold tournament now? :D

That's great. :tmb:

Yeah, I'm probably just all excited about the game since I just finished it. :vlol: But I can guarantee you, Seth, that if TR3 was your favorite game, then you will absolutely love The Lost Artifact. :D

I probably would. TR3 is incredible though so that's good enough. :)

sheepman23
08-10-11, 16:22
^ I think that there's enough people who've played some or all of the Golds that we're going to do a tournament. :tmb:

And aww, you can't settle for just TR3... :( TLA is like an extra chapter or something, it fits snuggly right onto the end of the game. :D

never played the lost artifact. Should i get it? D:

Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
YES
YES!
YES!!!!!!!!!!!

(But seriously, it's an incredible game :jmp:)

jonathanrij
08-10-11, 16:27
Only played The Golden Mask. Loved it! :D I started The Lost Artefact but lost interest after a while. I'll continue, because I know it has some really great levels, but so far I'm not really impressed with Highland Fling.

sheepman23
08-10-11, 16:28
Only played The Golden Mask. Loved it! :D I started The Lost Artefact but lost interest after a while. I'll continue, because I know it has some really great levels, but so far I'm not really impressed with Highland Fling.

Aww, no love for Highland Fling? :p

But yeah, I definitely recommend continuing - the game has a little bit of everything, there's surely something you'll love. :D

jonathanrij
08-10-11, 16:33
^ Nope, but I'm not really that far in the level yet. Just from what I've seen I don't like it.

But I'm sure I'll like the rest of the levels. They look very appealing :D.

tampi
08-10-11, 16:48
I think I have played all of them.
But I can not tell. Maybe I'm missing some and I have never known.
It is a shame because no memory of them.
Just know that when I played, I lived like any other Tomb Raider game.