PDA

View Full Version : A Word of Warning

Tramp
12-02-05, 06:41
God it's been an awful week.

Just after Christmas a friend of mine went missing. He was a really lovely guy and a recovering drug addict. Unfortunately one of his so called friends thought it would be really good to give him some drugs for Christmas. They found him on the 3rd of February and his funeral was on Thursday. He was only 33 years old. He had gassed himself in his car.

WARNING Please don't take drugs. Not only do they destroy your life but the lives of the people who love you. Why this message. The people on this forum may be all over the world and most of us have never met, but I have come to feel close to a lot of you guys since I have been visiting. I would hate to hear that any of you or your friends or family have suffered because of drugs. It would be like losing one of my own family.

PLEASE KEEP AWAY FROM THIS SOUL DESTROYING RUBBISH. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/hug.gif http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/hug.gif http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/hug.gif

Neteru
12-02-05, 07:53
I am sorry that you have lost your friend Tramp. I know how soul destroying it is to watch loved ones slowly killing themselves with drugs (including alcohol). Please try to take some comfort from the knowledge he is no longer suffering. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/hug.gif

Tramp
12-02-05, 08:12
What is even more horrible Net is he left behind a wife and young kiddies. He spent 2 weeks in hospital in about October as his internal organs were collapsing and nearly died twice. He fought so hard then to survive. Then to take his own life is so hard to understand.

Anubis_AF
12-02-05, 10:47
Oh, that's aweful. I'm sorry to hear that. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/hug.gif

SpArKy
12-02-05, 11:08
Thats just awefull, i am so sorry for you.

I totally emphasise here, i am constantly surrounded by this problem and am depserate to get away from it all (When i say that i dont mean i take these substances) and as Net said even Alcohol.

My Mother is an alcoholic and she has...well tried to destory my life, by making me homeless at 16. But has not succeeded at all. I am stronger now then i ever was, but now i practically dont have a Mother as i never see her, it hurts to see her. As well as hurts to remember how much fun we had before, and what a loverly person she was, she used to foster children and give so much to people. Its undescribable the change that occurs from these chemicals, because thats all they are.

So i will second what Tramp says and DONT TAKE DRUGS.

TRChik
12-02-05, 11:38
omg i am so sorry tramp http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/hug.gif :(

im glad im straight edge, aka --> no smoking, no drinking, no druging.

my cousin derek on the other hand is a lost soul. he was/is an alcoholic and a drugie and did those aa meetings and we all thought he cleaned up. around xmas time he stole the tv, money and jewelry from his parents house. last i hear he is addicted to heroine. he couldnt have picked a worse drug. he was in jail but he's out and im not sure if hes dead on the street somewhere or living as a bum.

its very sad. :( he's so lost i dont think he'll ever come back, mentally and physically.

Tramp
12-02-05, 20:31
I can relate to you SpArKy with your Mother. My friend Bob is an alcoholic. He has nearly died twice because of his alcoholism. He is also nasty and gets violent when he drinks. He is not supposed to drink at all now because he has stuffed his liver but I am sure he is by his attitude. I drink but I don't have a drinking problem. I usually only have a couple and its not very often I go over that and then its usually low alcohol beer.

TRChik I don't think Jamie wanted to take drugs but he had when he was younger and became addicted. He hated what it did to him. We had many conversations about it because he knew Bob and knew the hell he puts me through. Most addicts whether it be drugs or alcohol are totally selfish thinking only of themselves but Jamie wasn't like that he wasn't selfish at all. He was a really sweet guy and I think that's why he took his own life so that his family would not have to put up with what he couldn't control.

PSone
12-02-05, 22:11
I am sorry for your loss Tramp. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/hug.gif

When it comes to drugs, the old saying is always best "Just say NO!" No matter how much you are 'trippin'' - the fun you have and memories you gain (usually of which are forgotten once you sober up) are nothing compared to the relationships and respect you lose.

When it coems to suicide, I have always believe that taking your own life is selfish.
You just don't do it, you inflict more pain, anger, and heartache on those you leave behind than whatever you may be feeling at the time.

The fact that this guy had a wife and kids brings me almost to tears, please Tramp, pass on my condolences to them :(

We love you too.

Tramp
12-02-05, 22:30
Thanks Grant,

I couldn't agree more. We had all been so worried about him for the 4 weeks he had been missing. I feel so sorry for the poor person who found him. That is something they will never forget. It was only luck that he was found or we may never have known what happened. They found him in fairly heavy bushland in the Blue Mountains. That would have been much worse for the family, the not knowing what happened to him. He just walked out of his shop on Saturday morning leaving it wide open, and disappeared. I can only think he did it so as not to put his family through more pain by watching him destroy himself slowly with the drugs. Thinking that a fast ending for them would be better. Thats not the case, but I can see his point of view knowing what depression can do to you. You really have no control over those feelings.

Draco
12-02-05, 22:36
I have never even been tempted to do any kind of drug, I'm legal age and I dont even drink...it just doesnt appeal to me.

I know someone though who will even sniff Windex...dude is headed for a real sudden stop somewhere.

Tramp
12-02-05, 22:43
When I was a teenager it was sniffing glue. Could never see what they got from that. Sniffing Windex would just make me sneeze, can't stand the smell of ammonia.

Draco
12-02-05, 22:47
What I never understand is why some people are actually proud to be drug addicts...

It mystifies me, and I'm a sociologist by hobby.

Tramp
12-02-05, 23:02
Jamie was never proud of the fact that he was an addict. I have seen a number of people I knew destroy themselves with heroin and I can't see what they find in it to enjoy.

croft28
12-02-05, 23:33
Sorry to hear that Tramp.

I know when i have been in places where drugs have been available, i just ignore it and dont get invloved in that ****. It's not worth it, i can have fun without the effects of drugs.

Draco
13-02-05, 01:20
Originally posted by Tramp:
Jamie was never proud of the fact that he was an addict. I have seen a number of people I knew destroy themselves with heroin and I can't see what they find in it to enjoy. I'm talking about the 'rebel' kids, I know after awhile they all come to their senses...we hope. It's just usually too late by then.

SMSL
13-02-05, 04:37
Sorry to hear about it, Tramp. :( http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/hug.gif

SpArKy
13-02-05, 12:43
Originally posted by Draco:
What I never understand is why some people are actually proud to be drug addicts...

It mystifies me, and I'm a sociologist by hobby. None are ever "proud" when they "BECOME Addicts" they start taking them because they think its clever and hard to tell there friends. Which is so sad!

Draco
13-02-05, 22:16
Not true SpArKy, I know someone who is proud to be frying his brain, and thinks those who don't are idiots.

SpArKy
13-02-05, 22:32
I am sure deep down he is not. Its an act, to show people he is in control, and knows what hes doing. Behind closed doors he will shed tears and wish he never. I can guarantee it.

Draco
13-02-05, 23:00
Maybe so, but he sure is expounding a lot of effort, he goes out of his way to campaign for legalization.

PSone
14-02-05, 07:54
Originally posted by SpArKy:
I am sure deep down he is not. Its an act, to show people he is in control, and knows what hes doing. Behind closed doors he will shed tears and wish he never. I can guarantee it. Unfortunately Sparky this is true in SOME cases, but in most they are so far gine that they think it is their RIGHT to screw their lives and everyone around them.

EscondeR
14-02-05, 08:01
Sorry Tramp, I haven't noticed this thread.
Awfully sorry for your friend! :( http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/hug.gif

SpArKy
14-02-05, 14:05
Originally posted by PSone:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SpArKy:
I am sure deep down he is not. Its an act, to show people he is in control, and knows what hes doing. Behind closed doors he will shed tears and wish he never. I can guarantee it. Unfortunately Sparky this is true in SOME cases, but in most they are so far gine that they think it is their RIGHT to screw their lives and everyone around them. </font>[/QUOTE]The thing is, it is his right to do whatever he wants with his body. Still doesnt mean he doesnt regret tsking the stuff, they all do at some point or another.
Well from experience anywway, and just about everyone i talk to have done it, and atleast 17 of my friends died at school, over the 5 years in high school anyway. Its a growing concern here in the UK. The number of kids starting on Ecstasy instead of just trying a Spliff is just shocking.

Draco
14-02-05, 14:11
Why is it shocking? It doesn't shock me in the least, if I had less strength I would probably do drugs too.

And your rights regarding yourself only extend until you affect other people. That is why driving while intoxicated is illegal.

SpArKy
14-02-05, 14:23
Yeah i agree,you deffinately have to have a strong mind indeed.

I think its shocking the fact that these kids can get it as easy as a spliff.

Draco
14-02-05, 14:27
Well do you know the best source of drugs for kids?

Parents.

[ 14. February 2005, 15:28: Message edited by: Draco ]

SpArKy
14-02-05, 14:29
I am affraid i do Draco.