PDA

View Full Version : What movies would you like to see updated/remastered for blu ray?

michaeldt
07-11-11, 10:52
what the title says basically. personally I would love to see 1922's Nosferatu on blu ray, maybe not on its own seeing as how short it is, perhaps it could be a release of the 1970's remake and contain the 1922 version in the special features? i am quite curious to see it.

http://www.horror-movies.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Nosferatu-05-May-2011.jpg

So, what movies would you like to see updated/remastered for blu ray?

WillG
07-11-11, 15:26
The Little Mermaid.

ozzman
07-11-11, 15:36
i would like a DVD/Bluray edition of romance of the Three kingdoms

Legend of Lara
07-11-11, 15:58
i would like a DVD/Bluray edition of romance of the Three kingdoms

Which adaptation? There's about three billion of them.

digitizedboy
07-11-11, 16:09
Clive Barker's Nightbreed.

I know that doesn't interest many people. But I would love to see how it was INTENDED to be. It was hacked to pieces by Fox studios on its release, and Clive Barker didn't have a say. So yeah, an uncut DVD/blu ray of that would be great.

ShadyCroft
07-11-11, 16:56
The Lord of the Rings. Just imagine the already epic epicness 10 times more epic on BluRay in HD. Epic!

ozzman
07-11-11, 17:44
Which adaptation? There's about three billion of them.

the classic one, but i would love to have the 2010 version, ROTK is just 100% badass

irishhips
07-11-11, 17:58
The Indiana Jones Trilogy without the fourth one

the ancient
07-11-11, 18:00
Silence of the lambs, Hannibal, the other ones....

BrandonFlowers
07-11-11, 18:00
The Lord of the Rings. Just imagine the already epic epicness 10 times more epic on BluRay in HD. Epic!

Are they not already out for Blu ray?

sandygrimm
07-11-11, 18:10
THE LION KING 3D :cool:
now I know it would ruin the charm and all, but just out of curiosity I'd like to see an huge heard of buffalo stampeding toward me and others :D

Diablo_Rosso
07-11-11, 18:13
THE LION KING 3D :cool:
now I know it would ruin the charm and all, but just out of curiosity I'd like to see an huge heard of buffalo stampeding toward me and others :D

It came out today on Blu-ray here in the UK. Not 3D yet though.

ShadyCroft
07-11-11, 18:15
Are they not already out for Blu ray?

Hmmm, good question. I dont know. I guess they are. Ah well! :)

SoupCard
07-11-11, 18:28
Silence of the lambs, Hannibal, the other ones....

Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal are on Blu Ray.

And Indiana Jones Blu Ray is coming next year, I really want that.

the ancient
07-11-11, 18:36
Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal are on Blu Ray.

*runs to media store*

Also Manhunter and red dragon?

TombRaiderLover
07-11-11, 18:40
It baffles me as to why Paramount have yet to release Polanski's Chinatown on Blu-ray. Also, I'm hoping there'll be a UK release of Blue Velvet in the near future. There's clearly a HD master available as I believe a 25th Anniversary Edition arrives in the US tomorrow (accompanied by fifty minutes of deleted scenes!), but I'm unsure as to who owns the rights in the UK. Fortunately, the majority of my favourites are already available on the format.

SoupCard
07-11-11, 19:29
*runs to media store*

Also Manhunter and red dragon?

Yes both are also on Blu Ray.

Shark_Blade
07-11-11, 22:38
Titanic.
Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Aladdin.
Little Mermaid.
Hercules.
Spiceworld.
Moulin Rouge.
Clue.
Scary Movie.

Encore
07-11-11, 23:08
My most waited blu-ray releases were the Star Wars saga and the LOTR extended editions. Both are out now. I am yet to buy LOTR (it's so damn expensive :(), but SW was a disappointment because apparently George Lucas has tampered with the original trilogy yet again. Bummer. :(

michaeldt
07-11-11, 23:25
Titanic.
Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Aladdin.
Little Mermaid.
Hercules.
Spiceworld.
Moulin Rouge.
Clue.
Scary Movie.

TCM is released, I have it

voltz
08-11-11, 03:24
The special edition to Titanic needs a re-release. I owned the original on DVD and while it was a good film, they goofed on the resolution transfer. (i.e. low-res choppyness in widescreen format)

CiaKonwerski
08-11-11, 03:26
Long Kiss Goodnight
Pan's Labyrinth

Carbonek_0051
08-11-11, 03:27
Pan's Labyrinth

That's on Blu-Ray. :confused:

CiaKonwerski
08-11-11, 03:29
That's on Blu-Ray. :confused:

Is it really? I did not know that. That has to be one of my favorite movies. I have the regular DVD but I never knew it released for Blu-Ray.

Zelda master
08-11-11, 09:18

You do know that both the original cuts aswell as the extended cut have already been released on Blu-ray..? :p

what the title says basically. personally I would love to see 1922's Nosferatu on blu ray, maybe not on its own seeing as how short it is, perhaps it could be a release of the 1970's remake and contain the 1922 version in the special features? i am quite curious to see it.

Great choice, but which version have you seen in that case if you think it's short..? I own the remasterd version which runs for 98 minuts, and that's not counting the PAL DVD speedup of 4% aswell as the fact that the movie is being played on DVD's at the wrong framerate, because the movement of the characters is unnatural fast... If everything would be right the movie lasts a good two hours! :p

Pan's Labyrinth

Is already avalible in most country's ;)

Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Moulin Rouge.
Scary Movie.
All are already out, I assume you mean the original TCM which has also been released quite a while ago :)

My most waited blu-ray releases were the Star Wars saga and the LOTR extended editions. Both are out now. I am yet to buy LOTR (it's so damn expensive :(), but SW was a disappointment because apparently George Lucas has tampered with the original trilogy yet again. Bummer. :(
Yes... Yes he did, but also changed a couple of things to the prequel trilogy (why doesn't anyone have some love for these movies. There not great, but not as horrible as everyone makes them out to be.). He completly replaced the puppet Yoda from Phantom Menace, and made a couple of other changes to Episode I and II nothing to special. Although Episode III is exactly like how it was in theatures, which must be a first for any Star Wars movie.
The changes made to the Original Trilogy are stupid, but I'll be honest I barely noticed them except the one where there were rocks added infront of R2-D2 when he is hiding from the Sand people, mostly because it's obvious CGI and the rocks dissapear the next shot R2 comes out of hiding (great continuity :rolleyes:). The sound que's that have been changed though... Good god, the new cry of Obi-wan is hilariously bad, and Darth Vader's: "No... NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!" Are just completly out of place. It's a movie, it's ment to be: "Show don't tell.".

Ow yeah, and Han almost shoots first again. Maybe on the 3D re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-releases we finally get that character fix :p

NCFirebolt21
08-11-11, 09:50
I wanted the original Star Wars Trilogy (with Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford) in Blu-Ray, which released not more than 3 months back here in Australia...

About Blu-Rays... now that someone mentioned The Lion King, I want Aladdin and Tarzan!

Shark_Blade
08-11-11, 10:02
Yes... Yes he did, but also changed a couple of things to the prequel trilogy (why doesn't anyone have some love for these movies. There not great, but not as horrible as everyone makes them out to be.). He completly replaced the puppet Yoda from Phantom Menace, and made a couple of other changes to Episode I and II nothing to special. Although Episode III is exactly like how it was in theatures, which must be a first for any Star Wars movie.
The changes made to the Original Trilogy are stupid, but I'll be honest I barely noticed them except the one where there were rocks added infront of R2-D2 when he is hiding from the Sand people, mostly because it's obvious CGI and the rocks dissapear the next shot R2 comes out of hiding (great continuity :rolleyes:). The sound que's that have been changed though... Good god, the new cry of Obi-wan is hilariously bad, and Darth Vader's: "No... NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!" Are just completly out of place. It's a movie, it's ment to be: "Show don't tell.".

Ow yeah, and Han almost shoots first again. Maybe on the 3D re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-releases we finally get that character fix :pLOL your post made me cracked up. Yeah, some of the changes in classic Star Wars were bad, but I shrugged it off. When Obi-Wan did his battle cry to scare off the sand people, I almost fell out of my chair. Like wtf? It's just... unfathomable coming from that old man. XD

There's more good than bad I reckon, the picture quality is excellent.

I love the prequel Star Wars, Phantom Menace is my most favorite SW ever! The cast, the setting, the story plot - they're perfect. You can just ignore Jar Jar, he's not really that big of a deal

Agent 47
08-11-11, 14:15
I would have
Jackie Chan's Project-A part 1 & 2

They're coming in November as it happens so......:jmp:

Zelda master
08-11-11, 16:30
You can just ignore Jar Jar, he's not really that big of a deal
I managed to ignore him entirely, untill Episode II where he gave the Supreme Chancellor Palpatine the power to use the Clone Army. So in other words, he was the reason the entire galaxy went down the crapper http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc405/ePape88/gniffel.gif

There's more good than bad I reckon, the picture quality is excellent.

I'm going to be the asshole here and say the picture quality on the 6 movies goes all over the place with a screwed up first movie (remember I'm talking about the transfer not the movie), a very good second one, an insanely great third one, and sadly enough back to decend with part IV, V and VI. I'm amazed that these transfers came from the same 2K scans that they had used for the DVD releases, which was the same one as they had used for the, hold on tight... Laserdisc re-re-re-re-releases. Was George really that lazy to get a 8K scanner and remaster the movie's properly, or atleast get having gotten a 4K scanner.
The bloody: Wizard of Oz got an astounding 8K transfer and remastering, while the previous DVD releases came from a 4K transfer with it's own seperate remastering.

While the image quality is good overall, I was actually quite dissapointed with the final outcome... But that's mostly because I've seen: The Wizard of Oz which is 40 years older and has a ten times better remastering, and then let's not mention the 1925 version of: The Phantom of the Opera which looks about the same at it's best as parts of IV, V and VI in quality, and that's a movie that was shot on Nitrate!

But my personal pick would have to be any silent film that is availible. Nosferatu, Frankenstein (1910 version) and all those other wonderfull gems :D

ozzman
08-11-11, 18:34
Halloween 4-H20, i've only seen the first 2

Friday The 13th 2-5 [i've only seen the first on BR]

Kelly Craftman
08-11-11, 18:37
Hocus Pocus :tmb:

scion05
08-11-11, 18:42
@Ozzman - As you live in the US, I'd suggest picking up the triple feature on one disc of 6 7 and 8 released by Alliance. The single releases by Echo Bridge are horrendous apparently. In the UK it's all I can pick as they're region free, but the Alliance one is US and Canada only :(

ozzman
08-11-11, 19:46
^ i'll try that if i can find it, my PS3 is busted so i don't bother with BR much

touchthesky
08-11-11, 19:56
Oliver!
The Aristocats.
The Fox and The Hound.

Diablo_Rosso
08-11-11, 19:57
Team America: World Police. That movies hilarious.

NCFirebolt21
08-11-11, 19:59
Batman (1989) and Batman Returns, with Michael Keaton (if they haven't been released in Blu-Ray)

Superman: The Movie (1977) with Christopher Reeve. The best there was, is and will ever be.

Probably old classics like The Sound Of Music and Singin' In The Rain.

OK, lol all you want, I grew up with stuff like that!

CiaKonwerski
08-11-11, 20:12
http://www.popstarsplus.com/images/BedknobsAndBroomsticksDVDArt.png

StefanJ94
08-11-11, 20:41
Do concerts count? :o

Zelda master
08-11-11, 20:47
Can't see why not :p

Batman (1989) and Batman Returns, with Michael Keaton (if they haven't been released in Blu-Ray)

Superman: The Movie (1977) with Christopher Reeve. The best there was, is and will ever be.

Probably old classics like The Sound Of Music and Singin' In The Rain.

OK, lol all you want, I grew up with stuff like that!
With exception of Sining in the Rain they have all been released already :)

michaeldt
08-11-11, 22:05
Friday the 13th part 1 isnt out here, only 2&3 and 3 isnt in 3D like the American release

ozzman
08-11-11, 22:14
i would love to have Red Cliff in the FULL ASIAN RELEASE . there is only such thing in china on DVD but not BR, here we don't even get the Full 4 hour Film, instead it's cut down to 2.5 Hours and alot of plot is removed

michaeldt
09-11-11, 06:54
Thelma and Louise would be good

Shark_Blade
09-11-11, 07:24
The Little Shop of Horror.

Bettlejuice.

Cujo.

That's right, I'm going oldies y'all - cause they're golden! :ohn:

I managed to ignore him entirely, untill Episode II where he gave the Supreme Chancellor Palpatine the power to use the Clone Army. So in other words, he was the reason the entire galaxy went down the crapper http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc405/ePape88/gniffel.gifWell, he kinda proposed that Chancellor Palpatine be given power to use the clones. It's still the dunderheads in the Senate that voted him lol. But yeah, the whole Senates are dumb that they're agreeing with Jar Jar Binks. :p

I'm going to be the asshole here and say the picture quality on the 6 movies goes all over the place with a screwed up first movie (remember I'm talking about the transfer not the movie), a very good second one, an insanely great third one, and sadly enough back to decend with part IV, V and VI. I'm amazed that these transfers came from the same 2K scans that they had used for the DVD releases, which was the same one as they had used for the, hold on tight... Laserdisc re-re-re-re-releases. Was George really that lazy to get a 8K scanner and remaster the movie's properly, or atleast get having gotten a 4K scanner.
The bloody: Wizard of Oz got an astounding 8K transfer and remastering, while the previous DVD releases came from a 4K transfer with it's own seperate remastering.I must have missed those flaws, or maybe because I missed out on the dvds though. And it's been years and years since I last watched SW.

While the image quality is good overall, I was actually quite dissapointed with the final outcome... But that's mostly because I've seen: The Wizard of Oz which is 40 years older and has a ten times better remastering, and then let's not mention the 1925 version of: The Phantom of the Opera which looks about the same at it's best as parts of IV, V and VI in quality, and that's a movie that was shot on Nitrate!Agreed with Wizard of Oz though, it looks absolutely amazing. Judy Garland is just so precious.:cln:

michaeldt
09-11-11, 10:35
Bettlejuice.

I have Beetlejuice on blu ray

Zelda master
09-11-11, 17:02
I must have missed those flaws, or maybe because I missed out on the dvds though. And it's been years and years since I last watched SW.
The transfers themselfs aren't really bad, with exception of Episode I which had Digital Noise Reduction, Edge enhancement and couple of other problems. The problems I have with the Original Trilogy, like I said it isn't neccasary the quality, but that there are remasterings that have been many times better on movies that were many years older. And ofcourse like I said that this transfer comes from the same source as the Laserdisc releases from 15 years ago...
I'm just dissapointed that they used such an old transfer for a remastering rather then a brand new scan.

Agreed with Wizard of Oz though, it looks absolutely amazing. Judy Garland is just so precious.:cln:

I recently saw: The Wiz, and damn Judy Garland kicks Diana Ross's ass so hard... Although I love Michael Jackson and Nipsey Russell more as the characters they portray then the actors of the original movie. Judy Garland seriously makes: The Wizard of Oz an amazing piece of film :D

NCFirebolt21
10-11-11, 00:46
Final Fantasy (XI or XII?) - Advent Children, if it hasn't been done already.

Remember watching it as a kid on Animax and loving the fantastic details in the CGI used in the movie... I was probably 14 or 15... this is when Assassin's Creed came out... so around... 2006 or 2007?

StefanJ94
10-11-11, 19:50
Nancy Drew, please!!! ;___;

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51bf5ACPPtL._SX500_.jpg

Also don't forget Madonna's Confessions Tour, ReInvention Tour, Drowned World Tour, Girlie Show Tour, Blond Ambition Tour, Who's That Girl Tour and Virgin Tour, m'kay thx bye :wve: :D

NCFirebolt21
11-11-11, 04:01
Batman: The Animated Series for a Blu-Ray release!

I just got the original DVD rips (about 30GB with 640x480 video quality) and I must say, this is seriously one of the best cartoons ever made in terms of plot details, artwork and voice acting. Very engaging show. =)

igonge
11-11-11, 13:02
Final Fantasy (XI or XII?) - Advent Children, if it hasn't been done already.

Remember watching it as a kid on Animax and loving the fantastic details in the CGI used in the movie... I was probably 14 or 15... this is when Assassin's Creed came out... so around... 2006 or 2007?

It's VII lol. It's out on blu-ray (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0028U0CFI/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B004JRQ0TU&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0H53RNFPRGG5WT96F3SX) as an extended "complete" version.

NCFirebolt21
11-11-11, 19:38
It's VII lol. It's out on blu-ray (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0028U0CFI/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B004JRQ0TU&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0H53RNFPRGG5WT96F3SX) as an extended "complete" version.

All the difference between an X and a V... at least i got the I's right :vlol: