PDA

View Full Version : New Nightwish Single Released Today - "Storytime"

Tombcool
09-11-11, 16:47
I personally love it!

09MTDBb8qro

Zebra
09-11-11, 16:52
The song is cool, though not something I would put into my playlist genre-wise. However, I think I would've enjoyed the video more without that behind the scenes footage.

Nemo_91
09-11-11, 17:09
It's pretty good. :D

shebj
09-11-11, 19:26
I don't care that much for the video ; but the song itself :D whoohoo : It makes me even more impatient for the release of their new album. loved this one; eagerly awaiting for the rest of imaginaerum.

StefanJ94
09-11-11, 19:33
As much as I wanna scream "Bring Tarja back in Nightwish" I have to admit this song is amazing :eek: :tmb: definitely looking forward to the album release :jmp:

Only TR lover
09-11-11, 20:15
Replaying that song last 2 days over and over. Love it! Impatiently waiting for Imaginaerum :)

Paddy
09-11-11, 21:20
People need to get over the no Tarja factor. Anette is a decent singer.
I for one loved this song, can't wait for the album.

*laralover*
11-11-11, 00:00
I like it. Although coming back from seeing Within Temptation live has blown my mind. Nightwish live please? :D

voltz
11-11-11, 00:43
Old thread around here somewhere?

Summer B
11-11-11, 11:24
When does the new album get released? Seems forever since the last one.

shebj
11-11-11, 11:46
30 November :D it's scheduled for then; so it still could be postponed or so; I really hope not though; counting down the remaining days :)

Soul
11-11-11, 18:00
The video-version is pretty mediocre...:(

The real song is one and a half minute longer and has some better instrumental parts imo. :tmb:

aZi0OVezPco

Nemo_91
11-11-11, 18:07
They'll NEVER top Century Child though.

Tombcool
11-11-11, 18:25
^And "Oceanborn". :p

I actually had separate phase for each album...There was a time where "Century Child" was my favourite, there was a time where "Oceanborn" was my favourite, and there was a time where even "Wishmaster" or "Once" once were my favourites.

StefanJ94
11-11-11, 18:26
People need to get over the no Tarja factor. Anette is a decent singer.
I'm almost there :D

shebj
11-11-11, 18:42
wishmaster was actually the first album I got from them
I fell in love with over the hills and far away; and my mother actually remembered the name of that group when she was in the record store to buy me a cd for Christmas; so she came home with the wishmaster CD; I think I still kept saying thank you to my mum 3 months later :D. anyway; I loved that CD and it really motivated me to get the other CD's, always have been in love with nightwish; always will be; and yes ; I did love tarja's voice; but I also love annette's voice; :D

BrandonFlowers
11-11-11, 18:50
I really like this, video really scared me though :p

Soul
11-11-11, 20:33
Imo "Century Child" is their best album, as it has one of the most amazing songs I know: "Beauty of the beast".

Then comes "Oceanborn" with some amazing songs like "The Pharao Sails to Orion" and "Gethsemane" . it also has the strongest ballads with "Swanheart" and "Sleeping Sun"

Another song I really love it "10th man down" :tmb:

shebj
11-11-11, 20:35
my signature comes from beauty of the beast; it is an amazing song; songs that I really really love too are passion and the opera; the riddler ; the carpenter

Nemo_91
18-11-11, 18:55
'Imaginaerum' samples here:

http://soundcloud.com/nightwishband/sets/imaginaerum/

Arabesque :cln:

BrandonFlowers
18-11-11, 18:59
Oooft, this album sounds good :eek:

Oh my christ, Arabesque sounds immense.

disapearing-boy
18-11-11, 22:45
my signature comes from beauty of the beast; it is an amazing song; songs that I really really love too are passion and the opera; the riddler ; the carpenter

My signature is a nightwish one too!:hug:
The riddler has some of my favourite lyrics;

Riddler Riddler ask me why
All mothers beneath the Earth and sky
Hold their children's hands for a while
Their hearts forever - yours and mine

And the line "Make me guess if the earth is flat or round", love it!

Once is my favourite album, Ghost Love Score was the first Nightwish song I heard, what a way to start!!:D

Anyone else think the new song sounds kinda like The Escapist from Dark Passion Play (bonus track)??

shebj
19-11-11, 18:29
yeahj nightwish ftw :hug: yes yours is dead boys poem :D
I love almost every song of nightwish equally much.