PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Dawn Part 1

touchthesky
17-11-11, 13:05
I know theres a Twilight thread but since it's very dead, I thought I'd post this in a fresh new thread.

Breaking Dawn is good, the acting is definately better, but there is the CHEESIEST moment ever.

I'll give ya'll a clue..it involves the wolves. ;)

Legend of Lara
17-11-11, 13:06
I'm never going to watch this. Tell me what the cheesy moment is.

touchthesky
17-11-11, 13:09
It's when Jacob steps down from Sams tribe...

Delivery is just...awful haha.

[Xmas]
17-11-11, 13:44
Twilight is such a flop </3

xXhayleyroxXx
17-11-11, 14:11
I'm going to watch this with my Mum and one of my bosses xD

WillG
17-11-11, 15:16
;5820926']Twilight is such a flop </3

I wouldn't excactly call it a flop...

peeves
17-11-11, 16:42
I agree about Twilight being very cheesy. I thought the whole Twilight series is cheesy. That's why i never bothered to see the movies.

Tonyrobinson
17-11-11, 17:01
Seeing Breaking Dawn at midnight tonight I actually am quite exciting for it. I agree the story with this one is all over the place the book was awful but I quite like the movies. :p

peeves
17-11-11, 17:18
the book was awful :p

The books are always awful IMO.

Diablo_Rosso
17-11-11, 17:20
The movies are awful too. The message in Twilight is how important it is to have a boyfriend.

peeves
17-11-11, 17:21
The only reason i never cared for twilight is because I was upset that HBP movie got pushed back due to the bad economy.

the ancient
17-11-11, 17:22
The storylines are....I don't know really, all I know is that it involves a vampire and Taylor.

But the forrests and the musics are nice :)

dream raider
17-11-11, 17:27
Best comedy series ever! Can't wait to finally see it!

Nemo_91
17-11-11, 17:31
Lol, It's getting awful reviews...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/twilight_saga_breaking_dawn/

peeves
17-11-11, 17:33
Lol, It's getting awful reviews...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/twilight_saga_breaking_dawn/

Thank god. ;) Did all the twilight movies get bad reviews? Yes they did. :D

Atlantisfreak
17-11-11, 17:45
Thank god. ;) Did all the twilight movies get bad reviews? Yes they did. :D

I believe that the first one got good reviews. It was actually the best movie out of them all if you ask me. It had this kinda mysterious feel about it that was appealing to the watcher. Deffo my favorite!

the second and third though... words can't describe how horrid they were! They're so awful i couldn't help but cringe in my chair, just wanting to disappear through the floor.

Since i haven't seen the latest one i can't comment on that, but let's just say that i won't be... paying, for it ;)

Diablo_Rosso
17-11-11, 17:46
I believe that the first one got good reviews. It was actually the best movie out of them all if you ask me. It had this kinda mysterious feel about it that was appealing to the watcher. Deffo my favorite!

the second and third though... words can't describe how horrid they were! They're so awful i couldn't help but cringe in my chair, just wanting to disappear through the floor.

Since i haven't seen the latest one i can't comment on that, but let's just say that i won't be... paying, for it ;)

Yargh, shiver me timbers! :vlol:

peeves
17-11-11, 17:47

All 4 got bad reviews on rottentomatoes.

Atlantisfreak
17-11-11, 17:49
All 4 got bad reviews on rottentomatoes.

oh, well then the first one is just my opinion.

Yargh, shiver me timbers! :vlol:

what? :p

peeves
17-11-11, 17:50
oh, well then the first one is just my opinion.

Hopefully Breaking Dawn pt 2 will get bad reviews on rotten tomatoes.

Linoshi Croft
17-11-11, 17:55
The movies = Terrible...but however genius :vlol:
Think about how much money they have raked in...? Come on honestly it's just pure gold. They simply play of the fantasy of many girls and hot topless men and.. well KERCHING!

I have taken a gander at the books and for people saying they're worse then the films..I'm sorry but did you even actually read them? They are far superior to the movies just like most film adaptations of books. The books are always better. I'm not saying they are outstanding examples of literature but in comparison to the movies they are much better. However, just looking at the books alone they are meh... not my kinda book either :p

peeves
17-11-11, 18:03
I'm glad the series will end next summer.

NRO.
17-11-11, 18:12
I'm never going to watch this. Tell me what the cheesy moment is.

They have sex.

WillG
17-11-11, 18:13
Hopefully Breaking Dawn pt 2 will get bad reviews on rotten tomatoes.

Yes. Fingers crossed that a film gets bad reviews, I really hope for that.

peeves
17-11-11, 18:20
Yes. Fingers crossed that a film gets bad reviews, I really hope for that.

It probably will since there hasn't been a single twilight film that got good reviews.

I, Tomb Raider
17-11-11, 18:21
The movies are awful too. The message in Twilight is how important it is to have a boyfriend.

The message is literally : Be boring misanthropic and rather cold creature and you will most certainly walk into a "hot", glittering vampire. Then, completely give your soul for timeless love towards him, and live happily hoping that he won't drink your blood one morning.

:pi:

peeves
17-11-11, 18:22
The message is literally : Be boring misanthropic and rather cold creature and you will most certainly walk into a "hot", glittering vampire. Then, completely give your soul for timeless love towards him, and live happily hoping that he won't drink your blood one morning.

:pi:

Harry Potter had a girlfriend but the couple in twilight is so much worse it's ridiculous.

lara c. fan
17-11-11, 18:23
Think about how much money they have raked in...? Come on honestly it's just pure gold. They simply play of the fantasy of many girls and hot topless men and.. well KERCHING!

I have taken a gander at the books and for people saying they're worse then the films..I'm sorry but did you even actually read them? They are far superior to the movies just like most film adaptations of books. The books are always better. I'm not saying they are outstanding examples of literature but in comparison to the movies they are much better. However, just looking at the books alone they are meh... not my kinda book either :p

Both forms of Twilight are piles of rubbish. Meyer's writing style sucks. :p

WillG
17-11-11, 18:43
Haters just let it gooo!

I think Twilights okay.

Tonyrobinson
17-11-11, 19:31

I'd love you to have access to MCG right now theres a discussion going on about the books! :vlol:

larson n natla
17-11-11, 19:34
;5820926']Twilight is such a flop </3

Awkward.

Never going to watch it so if someone wants to spoil all the gory moments, go right ahead!

Linoshi Croft
17-11-11, 19:37
I'd love you to have access to MCG right now theres a discussion going on about the books! :vlol:

They are terrible but so much better than the films... I'm confused by how the films could be any better :p but each to their own.

Tonyrobinson
17-11-11, 19:41
Awkward.

Never going to watch it so if someone wants to spoil all the gory moments, go right ahead!

Well Breaking Dawn gets really weird the book is basically like a bad fan fiction but hopefully the movie does it well on screen so basically They get married have sex and Bella gets pregnant and the baby tries to kill her from the inside out because its a vampire baby so its drinking her blood so shes forced to drink blood and when the time comes to deliver the baby breaks her ribs and tried to burst out of her like that thing in alien so she is given a C-section and Edward had to bite his way through her uterus to get it out of her and bits her all over and turns her into a vampire then later Jacob falls inlove with the baby then things get bizarer in Part 2 because Bella is a newborn vampire and they are usually unable to control themselves but she can so there is no conflict at all so when the royal family of vampires come to get her because they think her baby is a demon child she discovers her powers are to shield everyone so she's basically invinsible thus there is no excitement at all finally Alice the sister returns with a Brazillian vampire and saves the day because he is half vampire half human like Bella's baby. The baby grows up to look 17 by the time it's 7 years old so it doesn't creepy with it being with Jacob and they live together forever. THE END.

Linoshi Croft
17-11-11, 19:44
I know :p I don't see it transitioning well at all honestly. They couldn't even handle the simplest of concept from the other books well so I doubt they will with all that.

Tonyrobinson
17-11-11, 19:47
Yeah Breaking Dawn was bonkers either way I'll be happy with the soundtrack the film uses. :p

Theres so much emphasis on her senses in Breaking Dawn too that I think will be ****ed up in the movie but I'm not going to bash it until I see it. :p

Linoshi Croft
17-11-11, 19:49
The only good thing that comes from this film is...

rtOvBOTyX00

Tonyrobinson
17-11-11, 19:52
The only good thing that comes from this film is...

rtOvBOTyX00

That song is awesome, it better be used in a scene and not just shoved onto the credits. :p

Linoshi Croft
17-11-11, 20:16
It'll be in the credits I bet :rolleyes: Just like decode was (And monster for that matter in transformers >: )

Diablo_Rosso
17-11-11, 20:19
Decode is the only thing that is good that is related to Twilight.

Your_Envy*
17-11-11, 21:25

Yes. I even read Twilight twice. I had my little obsessed moments few years ago but those books are so badly written in English I can't believe it. I think the Twilight saga should be used when people are learning English, they could learn so much just by discovering all the mistakes the books have.

I read Slovene versions and they looked okay. Well there was this hilarious mistake that our translator (who should be best friends with Meyer) made in New Moon. She translated caffeine as cocaine. BEST. MISTAKE. EVER. :vlol:

Here is the part, just change caffeine with cocaine and you'll get our amazing translation:
I knew the flight from Rome to Atlanta would be another matter entirely, so I asked the flight attendant if she could bring me a Coke.
"Bella," Edward said disapprovingly. He knew my low tolerance for caffeine.

Books are usually better, I agree with that. But when it comes to Twilight, I think they are equal to the movies. They are okay if you want something easy to read, and if you really don't want to think while doing that. Plot is too simple for my taste, it has so many mistakes in it and I can't find any good message in this books except for the boyfriend one (which is obviously stupid IMO).

Anyway, I think it would be better and probably less boring (I read some reviews about it, I'll check the movie our later, when all the screaming fangirls will be gone) if they would keep it in one part. I will watch it though, when I start something I wanna finish it, I am curious if it's really that bad as people say. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised! And there is always Jasper for me, I like him. :p The only hot stuff in Twilight movies.

Linoshi Croft
17-11-11, 21:33
I agree for the one part bit completely :tmb:

Can someone explain something to me :o

Edward is cold to touch... and is well DEAD? So how can he one "Be happy to see her" if you get what I mean (if he's cold I'd assume lack of blood flow) as well a impregnate her if he's as people say dead.. without the obvious internal things he need to pass to her :pi:

Was that ever explained in the book :vlol: ?

Your_Envy*
17-11-11, 21:38
Edward is cold to touch... and is well DEAD? So how can he one "Be happy to see her" if you get what I mean (if he's cold I'd assume lack of blood flow) as well a impregnate her if he's as people say dead.. without the obvious internal things he need to pass to her :pi:

I have NO idea. :pi: Maybe there are more to the sparks as we know ... :whi:

:vlol:

LaraDuh
17-11-11, 21:40
I agree for the one part bit completely :tmb:

Can someone explain something to me :o

i believe they keep whatever semen they had when they were turned. The female vampires cant get prego because vampire bodies stay in a permanent state when turned.

Linoshi Croft
17-11-11, 21:42
I'll be blunt... sperm re-produces constantly :vlol: It wouldn't work...it'd just die I guess xD

voltz
17-11-11, 21:44
They sparkle in sunlight, can swim in water, etc. None of what applies to real vampires works here.

Diablo_Rosso
17-11-11, 21:45
They sparkle in sunlight, can swim in water, etc. None of what applies to real vampires works here.

Blade would be disgusted. :vlol:

Linoshi Croft
17-11-11, 21:48

and....?

The writer has not explained herself. She's made the point he is dead... dead people can't do that.. I see that as an error on her part but you may see it as her vampires can do what the hell they like :p

Tonyrobinson
17-11-11, 21:48
In terms of the sperm issue apparently Stephanie Meyer addressed the issue as Venom, so basically he fertilizes her with venom instead of sperm. :p

That's quite gross. :pi:

Anyway heading to the cinema in half an hour. I'll tell you all the verdict when I get back. :)

voltz
17-11-11, 21:51
and....?

The writer has not explained herself. She's made the point he is dead... dead people can't do that.. I see that as an error on her part but you may see it as her vampires can do what the hell they like :p

That's why I can't take anything she writes seriously.

Your_Envy*
17-11-11, 22:11
http://www.shrani.si/f/1r/u3/3zaNsgyj/tumblrlru7rb1iw41qd0quuo.png

:whi:

Linoshi Croft
17-11-11, 22:14
:vlol: Oh my

Your_Envy*
17-11-11, 22:14
:vlol: Oh my

There is so much more but I am too sleepy at the moment and I am going to bed. I might post later for TEH LULZ. :D

Diablo_Rosso
17-11-11, 22:15
http://www.shrani.si/f/1r/u3/3zaNsgyj/tumblrlru7rb1iw41qd0quuo.png

:whi:

That is some serious writing skills there. :vlol:

Shark_Blade
17-11-11, 23:38
I love the twilight sage. It's bad but I just like it for some reason.

The first time I know that I love it is because of Edward's house on the mountains. So huge, so modern. One day, I will have a house like that.

LMAO I first fell in love with a movie because of the sets, not the characters. :vlol:

Tonyrobinson
18-11-11, 02:09
Arrived home about 20 minutes ago from the Midnight showing. :)

I liked it the theatre was crowded and they put it up on the IMAX screen. I liked it, it wasn't as good as Eclipse but it was definately in line with New Moon. It felt quite different compared to the rest there was definatley a more eerie tone to it.

Okay so here's my opinions on it I'm posting spoilers too so don't read if you don't wanna know. The first twenty five minutes or so were all about the wedding which was good but felt like it dragged on a bit too much but once they got to the ceremony it was beautiful but then came my major gripe they were outdoors for the wedding with Bella's human relatives and so they should've been glittering what completely contradicts New Moon when Edward tries to reveal himself to the humans. But there is a good amount of humour in the first part that is completely thrown away after it.

The scenes in Brazil are awesome it's such a nice location but I wish they had of used it a bit more because they spent most of it in the holiday home. The film went a little bit Drag me to Hell/Paranormal Activity with the superstitious maid and added a good supernatural side to things and there is throwaway hints to demonic children which is fun. Theres actually a good amount of paranormal things mentioned in this one I think that is what made it so different it felt more like the first movie when Bella researches the Cold ones and there is a little homage to that scene but this time with Edward. :p

Okay so onto the big bit that everyone wants to know about the incredibly satisfying but a bit underwhelming sex scene I expected it to be a bit more erotic but it doesn't really surpass the nearly sex scene in Eclipse it's still a good scene and it's still beautiful and emotional though. Then Bella finds out two weeks later that she's pregnant and the movie sort've takes a bit of a slump and slows down with alot of debate about the baby and Bella along with her becoming weaker and sicker but I actually liked these more quiet moments because the acting seems to have improved compared to the other ones and I think Kristen deserves credit for this one but as they went on I found myself letting my mind wonder. She never really has stood out for me before but this is really "Bella's" movie and she does step up her game.

Okay so finally Jacob splits from the pack to protect Bella and the baby and there is some dodgy scenes and some action trying to be inserted but I just feel like the action scenes didn't fit in with the movie and they seemed a bit forced into the script just to fill a few minutes. I mean they were good but not great and the fact that she's gonna call the baby Renesme just comes out of the blue really. :o

The end rolls around pretty quickly and the time comes for the baby to be born and they did a good job, this is easiliest the most gruesome scenes in Twilight so far they really do push the rating to it's limits and they do a good job and I actually think Kristen is really good at acting the birth scene you can really tell she's in pain. Finally the baby is born and Bella's life flashes before her eyes and there are parts of the previous movies aswell as some new footage of younger Bella then she dies. Edward see's the baby for the first time and the scene is pretty sweet then Jacob imprints I wasn't expecting seeing him imprint in the first part but the scene is also good. Finally the ending is pretty good and it would still be good if you didn't see the part after this one as it feels complete if only for the after scene credits but the movie ends pre-credits with Bella opening her red eyes. Then Aro and Caius are in the mid-scene credits and it leads into the Volturi's motive for the next movie.

Overall it's a good movie and to me is better than the book but it was always going to be hard adapting the plot of Breaking Dawn because it feels like too much happens with too little in between so the movie sort of drags and speeds. I liked it better than New Moon but I wouldn't place higher it with Twilight or Eclipse. I did enjoy it and I did find bits of it gratifying but definatley suffers a bit and I don't feel it needed to be in two parts because the could've easily cut an hour out of the movie and place the final part into an hour in there aswell. I felt like it was good but the plot is just all over the place like in the book. But the wedding and birth scene make up for it and I'd say they are the best scene's in the entire saga although the way it drags in the middle lets it's quality go down.

I'd rate it about 3/5 stars.

voltz
18-11-11, 02:12
They do any more of that sun sparkle crap?

Tonyrobinson
18-11-11, 02:17
No I wrote about that above. That bit annoyed me because they established it in the first three movies and made it a cause for death in the second but it seems there is some jackass on set who forgot the basics and had the wedding outdoors with beaming sunlight whilst they had humans present. It was silly to introduce at first but even worse to ditch it after they put so much importance on vampires not being seen in the sun by humans. :vlol:

voltz
18-11-11, 02:22
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Silly writers....

Atlantisfreak666
18-11-11, 10:01
Ha, it only has 3.8 on IMDb!

Atlantisfreak
18-11-11, 10:05
Ha, it only has 3.8 on IMDb!

I find this hilarious :vlol:

Tonyrobinson
18-11-11, 10:47
Yeah it definatley wasn't the best the franchise had to offer in all fairness. I thought personally the third was the best because of the action scenes and the tribal story and the backstory with the characters and then the first one was awesome for its quite cold dark style then I'd rank this one after it and then New Moon. :)

WillG
18-11-11, 15:56
I find this hilarious :vlol:

Why is this funny? :pi:

I'm not The Twilight Saga's biggest fan, but honestly. It seems people just hate on Twilight to seem better than everyone else. It's getting a little bit old.

Lara.Jolie7
19-11-11, 21:34
Why is this funny? :pi:

I'm not The Twilight Saga's biggest fan, but honestly. It seems people just hate on Twilight to seem better than everyone else. It's getting a little bit old.

Ditto
Some things are made to impress some ppl.
Justin Bieber is for Teen ppl, but sometimes some old ppl may like him or not, but why hate? (I don't like him but I can't say I HATEEEE HIMMM)
Twilight is made for Teen ppl and they seem to like it (and some adults too).

Linoshi Croft
19-11-11, 21:40
Ditto
Some things are made to impress some ppl.
Justin Bieber is for Teen ppl, but sometimes some old ppl may like him or not, but why hate? (I don't like him but I can't say I HATEEEE HIMMM)
Twilight is made for Teen ppl and they seem to like it (and some adults too).

No.
Girls who want to see topless men more like :rolleyes:

WillG
20-11-11, 18:51
No.
Girls who want to see topless men more like :rolleyes:

I'm not a girl.

I don't want to see topless men.

I enjoy Twilight movies.

Linoshi Croft
20-11-11, 18:55
I'm not a girl.

I don't want to see topless men.

I enjoy Twilight movies.

I'm on about the main demographic.

WillG
20-11-11, 18:57
I'm on about the main demographic.

Oryt. Okay den.

mepsipax
20-11-11, 19:07
I saw the first film. It was okay. The second and third however. :rolleyes:
I'm going to this with my boyfriend tommorow, I wonder how much I'll enjoy it... :o

Aphrodite22
20-11-11, 19:52
I saw it yesterday and it wasn't bad. Definitely better than new moon and eclipse.

King.Louie
20-11-11, 20:06
Saw it today. It was pretty good the only thing that annoyed me was how drawn out bella's so called death was.

Avalon SARL
21-11-11, 10:12
I never ever bothered with the movies or the novels
I watched few clips and I did not like them at all

Linoshi Croft
21-11-11, 12:17
I never ever bothered with the movies or the novels
I watched few clips and I did not like them at all

I don't think that's anywhere near enough to judge an entire franchise :p

Admles
23-11-11, 13:13
Eh, this wasn't too bad, IMHO it was better than Eclipse.

The music during the "sex scene" was just so bad, and some scenes were laughable

Oh, and please, never let kspew wear a bikini or try and look sexy again, for the sake of my eyes :D

SGRaider
23-11-11, 13:29
I was not impressed (bear in mind I've read the books and watched the other movies, so I'm not mindlessly hating). I agree with Admles, some scenes were really laughable and I did not like how overly cheesy most of it was. Though I did like the scene with the wolves' convo and the imprinting (well made and the actress was really pretty).
What I disliked the most was the OST, the whole thing was just so baaad.
I knew not to have big expectations of this part either way, I know part 2 will be better and hope it'll be more impressing.

Shauni
24-11-11, 06:01
^ that part you wrote in white was the most awkward parts of the movie for me!

I'm a Twilight fan, have been since the first novel. Buuut I have to say that Breaking Dawn was pretty terrible-ish lol. It's not really their fault though, since they stuck to the book and I didn't like the Breaking Dawn book. The acting was much better this time though, so that's good :)