PDA

View Full Version : Titanic 3D

CiaKonwerski
21-11-11, 22:53
The previous thread is around a year old or so, but here is a video with a compilation of clips from the upcoming 3D remaster. It looks stunning, always has. I cannot wait to see this in theatres. :D

Release Date-April 6th, 2012

http://www.titanicmovie.com/past/images/2_640x480.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/21/titanic_n_1105999.html

TRAILER
5d9ILag7mRA

robm_2007
21-11-11, 22:55
I've never even seen it in 2D :pi:

CiaKonwerski
21-11-11, 22:57
I've never even seen it in 2D :pi:

:( Perfect opportunity to see it on the big screen. My mom has not seen it either. She was worried she would get really upset because of the Celine Dion song, because of personal reasons. I hope she will go with me to see it though, I cry EVERY time.

Love2Raid
21-11-11, 23:01
I already saw the 2D version in the 90s, the hype was crazy. :rolleyes:

I don't have any intentions to see it again in 3D. :o:p

Shark_Blade
21-11-11, 23:05
DiCaprio and Celine on big screen. Sure, why not. :cool:

Or maybe I'll just wait for the BD.

trlestew
22-11-11, 00:44
I'll pass. The only parts worth seeing in 3D are the last 50 minutes or so.

EndoftheDream
22-11-11, 01:00
I can't wait to see it in 3D. I loved it in 2D, ah such a love story :)

larafan25
22-11-11, 01:02
:( Perfect opportunity to see it on the big screen. My mom has not seen it either. She was worried she would get really upset because of the Celine Dion song, because of personal reasons. I hope she will go with me to see it though, I cry EVERY time.

OMG Now I want her to see it, and cry, but in a good way.

EDIT: DUUUUUE!

"You have a gift jack, you SEE PEOPLE"

"I SEE YOU"

:eek:

Ava-****ing-tar! D:

CiaKonwerski
22-11-11, 01:06
Lmao. Titanic, as cliche as it made be at times, is my favorite romantic movie, aside from Atonement. It just...moves me in unimaginable ways. I really care for the characters EACH time, even though I know what is going to happen, I always hope the ending is different. :l

BTW-listening to that song now. :(

larafan25
22-11-11, 01:11
Same.

In fact, no matter how many times I watch Rose climb over the edge of the ship in that red dress, I always yell "You stupid bitch no!" and then am like "OHMYGAWD NO! please come back don't fallz!" :(

CiaKonwerski
22-11-11, 01:13
ME TOO! Lmao. I do not even know why I cry during this, there are a lot sadder movies but this just...really got to me. :l Weird...it is a conspiracy. :O

larafan25
22-11-11, 01:15
Meh, I think it's just a good movie, as much as it may have faults such as cliche's, etc...

They work here, it does a good job.

It's the Uncharted of Romance films...I guess...

CiaKonwerski
22-11-11, 01:17
I guess so. Did you ever see Atonement? That is the other only romance film I cried in. :(

larafan25
22-11-11, 01:20
I've not seen it. I hear its about some girl who's a prostitue or something...

IDK...we supposedly watched a clip of it in our films class, I missed it though.

CiaKonwerski
22-11-11, 01:21
I've not seen it. I hear its about some girl who's a prostitue or something...

IDK...we supposedly watched a clip of it in our films class, I missed it though.

....What? LMAO :vlol: Not at all! Hahaha

larafan25
22-11-11, 01:33
I think I got two things mixed up..

But is there a scene with a girl who is nervous? Has high anxiety? Make at the begining of the film?

EndoftheDream
22-11-11, 01:36
Titanic = amazing <3 Is it sad that I secretly kind of wish I had a love story like that...?

DgoOdz94
22-11-11, 01:40
TRAILER!!!!!!!

5d9ILag7mRA

I cannot wait!!!! April needs to hurry the heck up!!!! xD :jmp:

CiaKonwerski
22-11-11, 01:42
TRAILER!!!!!!!

5d9ILag7mRA

I cannot wait!!!! April needs to hurry the heck up!!!! xD :jmp:

Added to the first post. :)

@Endof-But...*spoilers* one of them dies. :l

DgoOdz94
22-11-11, 02:05
Ah, just imagining my favorite scenes in 3D makes me shiver!!!! APRIL HERE I COME!!!!

And my friends too because I am dragging them in chains to see this.

trlestew
22-11-11, 02:40
That trailer... wow. It's like I'm watching it with my family all over again.

Still, I'll pass. Wasn't much of a fan of it.

Shark_Blade
22-11-11, 04:13
I'll pass. The only parts worth seeing in 3D are the last 50 minutes or so.What about the french painting part? :eek: In 3D. :cln:

trXD
22-11-11, 04:30
It'll be a good chance to rewatch it :)

Legend 4ever
22-11-11, 09:23
Hate 3D, so I won't be seeing it. I'd rather see it in 2D in theaters again.

Lara Croft!
22-11-11, 11:33
Great movie, I have watched it many times as a kid and a teenager, I even have the VHS, but I don't like the 3D trend. I'd might succumb for something like The Lord Of The Rings or Star Wars, but other movies like Lion King & Titanic are a no no for me.

sandygrimm
22-11-11, 11:39
:p saw this today! I think they just out to juice the movie again of every penny. :pi:
IMO As much fun as seeing the water rush over you, i'd rather keep it a 2D normal. has more charm. Cameron's got plenty of time to make other 3D movies.. like Avatar 3,4,5 etc. But than, I guess it's better than Titanic 2..

Admles
22-11-11, 12:20
I've never even seen the original. I remember when it came out I got sick of everyone telling me "ZOMG YOU HAVE TO SEE TITANIC", just made me even less inclined :D

Plus, Kate Winslet = Ewww

CiaKonwerski
22-11-11, 14:56
I've never even seen the original. I remember when it came out I got sick of everyone telling me "ZOMG YOU HAVE TO SEE TITANIC", just made me even less inclined :D

Plus, Kate Winslet = Ewww

:ohn: Kate Winslet= PHENOMENAL

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/4700000/Kate-Winslet-kate-winslet-4732326-1024-768.jpg

I always thought her voice would fit well for Lara.

WillG
22-11-11, 15:33
Ew. Titanic.

Tonyrobinson
22-11-11, 15:41
I wonder if her tits will come out of the screen. :mis:

Wait, what tits!? :vlol:

Evan C.
22-11-11, 15:42
I saw the first one with my brothers, mom and dad. I was SO bored, asking over and over to my dad...."Hey, when it's going to sink?" I was like 8 or 9 haha, loves story where (and still) crap for me. But my best friend is a girl who LOVES the "If you jump, I jump" so just like Lion King, I will have to watch this even I don't :p

michaeldt
30-12-11, 11:05
I am very much looking forward to this :) Titanic is a good movie and James Cameron is one of my favorite directors. I wonder how the ship sinking will look in 3D :D

voltz
30-12-11, 11:07
I'm looking at my old special edition DVD and can't get over how fuzzy this is. I just need an HD version.

Larapink
30-12-11, 11:52
Another film I definitely want to see in 3D.

I still haven't seen Avatar, I decided to give it a pass too much hype for a film about blue aliens. But for the Titanic 100 yr anniversary I will see this film in 3D. :)

Scorpio1991
30-12-11, 12:56
Saw this movie ages ago when I was a child, was a good movie.
Though, not to thrilled to see it again in 3D, as they keep playing the 2D version
on basic TV, so really no point of me seeing it.

[Xmas]
30-12-11, 14:37
I'm definitely going to see Titanic 3D when it's ready.

michaeldt
30-12-11, 15:22
And the good thing is that while it is converted 3D, it's not the cheap kind that you can find in a lot of films, apparently they are going through each frame of the film and remastering each frame in 3D by hand! :yik: I can see why it's taking so long lol, especially since the film is over 3 hours long.

[Xmas]
30-12-11, 15:33
And the good thing is that while it is converted 3D, it's not the cheap kind that you can find in a lot of films, apparently they are going through each frame of the film and remastering each frame in 3D by hand! :yik:Ouch.

That sounds painful :p I so pity and look up to the people who are doing this. I can't wait. Titanic is a classic :)

trlestew
30-12-11, 16:01
And the good thing is that while it is converted 3D, it's not the cheap kind that you can find in a lot of films, apparently they are going through each frame of the film and remastering each frame in 3D by hand! :yik: I can see why it's taking so long lol, especially since the film isomer 3 hours long.

Isn't that 259,200 frames!?

ajrich17901
30-12-11, 20:03
I don't care what anyone says about the film, I MUST see this in 3D on the big screen.

DgoOdz94
30-12-11, 20:04
I don't care what anyone says about the film, I MUST see this in 3D on the big screen.

:tmb:

Come on April! 2012 is right around the corner, so hurry up!

ajrich17901
30-12-11, 20:07
:tmb:

Come on April! 2012 is right around the corner, so hurry up!

I know right, gonna be such a long wait. I still have the original VHS when it first came out, cannot wait to own it in HD.

CuteLilDragon
30-12-11, 20:10
It's kind of irritating how they keep "Remastering" movies like Star Wars and Titanic in 3D when instead they could make a perfectly good new film. :p

DgoOdz94
30-12-11, 20:11
I know right, gonna be such a long wait. I still have the original VHS when it first came out, cannot wait to own it in HD.

I used to have the VHS. It went AWOL in one the many house movings of my childhood, but I recently found a DVD copy and I just love watching it when I ahve nothing to do! <3

If they release a new HD DVD or Blur-Ray then, Heck I'm getting that ****!

ajrich17901
30-12-11, 20:13
It's kind of irritating how they keep "Remastering" movies like Star Wars and Titanic in 3D when instead they could make a perfectly good new film. :p

Yeah but they're re-releasing this in honer of the ship sinking as far as I know.

DgoOdz94
30-12-11, 20:15
Yeah but they're re-releasing this in honer of the ship sinking as far as I know.

Yeah, something like this. The release date (April 6th) is 100th anniversary of the ship's launching I think.

moodydog
30-12-11, 21:32
possibly one of the most overrated films I have ever seen.

voltz
30-12-11, 21:34
Pffft. I got dragged to this 3-4 times while it was still in theaters.

michaeldt
31-12-11, 00:32
I used to have the VHS. It went AWOL in one the many house movings of my childhood, but I recently found a DVD copy and I just love watching it when I ahve nothing to do! <3

If they release a new HD DVD or Blur-Ray then, Heck I'm getting that ****!

Dont worry, it'll probably get a release after the new cinema run and it will probably go to 3D blu ray as well :)

Agent Dee
01-01-12, 04:43
JXh4xf49hYk
:tea:

LaraDuh
01-01-12, 04:55
JXh4xf49hYk
:tea:

xD lulz

!Lara Croft!
01-01-12, 05:00
I'd prefer to see this.

XQmm8N48YwA

michaeldt
01-01-12, 06:28
:vlol:

michaeldt
19-01-12, 14:11
I was at the cinema today to see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, they now have a big poster up for Titanic 3D! :D it's getting closer!!

AmericanAssassin
19-01-12, 15:54
Titanic is flawless, so I can't wait! I'm sure it's going to be stunning. :D

michaeldt
20-01-12, 09:39
This news is old, but I don't think it has been posted.
James Cameron says that if Titanic 3D is successful, he would then like to remaster Aliens and T2: Judgment in 3D! That would be awesome! :D
http://blog.moviefone.com/2011/10/11/james-cameron-3d-terminator-2-aliens-conversions/?_r=true
Even in the midst of what may or may not be a backlash against 3D -- "may" if you wasted your hard earned money on a poor up-conversion; "may not" if you happen to be James Cameron -- the aforementioned James Cameron still stands defiant. To be fair, he has the right to do so: 'Avatar' may have spawned clones of rip-off 3D suitors, but that's certainly not Cameron's fault, and no one has questioned Cameron's painstaking attention to 3D detail. James Cameron was presented with the Popular Mechanics Breakthrough Leadership Award in New York City on Monday night, and the Oscar-winning director spoke to Moviefone one-on-one about the 3D backlash, his rerelease of 'Titanic' in 3D in April of 2012 (more on that here), and why the success of 'Titanic' just may lead to 'Terminator 2: Judgment Day' and 'Aliens' getting the 3D treatment as well.

It seems like with every blockbuster 3D movie, the reports are that more and more people are opting for the 2D version. This happened with 'Pirates 4.' After the good will of 'Avatar,' how do you win back an audience that feels tricked?
I don't think that's the case at all. I don't think the audience feels tricked, I think the audience occasionally feels like they're not getting their money's worth when they go to see a film where they're paying for a premium ticket price and it's sort of sloppily converted to 3D and it's not delivering. And that usually happens because the studio imposes 3D on the filmmaker and the filmmaker says, "Look I'm making the movie, you all do with it what you want." Which is really a bad attitude because if you're not shooting for 3D, it's not going to look as good. So I'm not in favor of conversion. I think that's potentially a way to do minor damage to the marketplace.

So is there a backlash?
I think this whole story is trumped up by the media. You know, they built it up, it's this fantastic new thing, and now we're going to tear it down.

You seem frustrated by this. Are you frustrated by this story?
No, no. I'm not frustrated at all. I think it's a natural course of the evolution of any new thing. But I think people need to understand and remember: 3D revenues for movies have grown 40 percent a year, year over year, for three years. And are projected to do that next year. This business is not going away. You're not going to put that toothpaste back in the tube. We've gone from one percent of the market four years ago to 21 percent of movie revenues now. So, I think it's being very broadly accepted on a global basis -- much more so internationally than domestically. So, 3D is going to be with us forever. The question is: When does it reach the same levels of broadcast? We've got about 110 camera systems right now that are out all of the time -- the trucks are out all of the time. We've done 160 sporting events and it goes up 20 of new ones every couple of months. So that's now starting to explode.

You mentioned that you're not in favor of conversion, but you are converting 'Titanic.' Was that process more difficult than you expected? Are you happy with the results?
I expected it to be really hard to get high quality results. And that proved to be accurate. Including the mastering of the film and the 3D conversion, we're spending 18 million dollars in one year -- and it will barely be done in time, in February -- to do it up to a standard equal to having shot it in 3D. Which, of course, would have been my first choice. Short of having a time machine available, I don't know a way to do that.

Will we see other films from the James Cameron catalog converted?
We are exploring a new market here for classic library titles that are much beloved films that may or may not have a new life in the theatrical marketplace. We're just going to have to see. I mean, do the numbers support the idea of a 'Terminator 2' or 'Aliens'? I don't know, those would be cool movies to convert. But I don't know -- we have to see how much we make off of 'Titanic.'

CiaKonwerski
07-04-12, 03:11
So......has anyone seen it yet? Admit it...I'm seeing it Sunday. :D

DgoOdz94
07-04-12, 03:15
I saw it Wednesday when it cam out. It was amazing. :')

WillG
07-04-12, 08:51
I don't wanna see it in 3D -_- I wanna see it in 2D on the big screen, the way it was supposed to be. But all the cinemas nearby are only showing it in 3D. :(

Shark_Blade
07-04-12, 08:56
I'm just gonna wait for the blu ray. :pi:

Your_Envy*
07-04-12, 10:23
I am seeing it next Saturday probably with 4 of my (girl)friends, can't wait. :jmp: I am buying the tickets for my birthday, it's in one month but I don't care. :cool:

Miharu
07-04-12, 11:35
Oh **** off. What a stupid gimmick, to try and draw attention to a movie that had its day over 10 years ago.

Don't get me wrong, not dissing Titanic, my point is it's such an iconic film (even though I don't like it very much :p) that there's always a new generation to discover it infact I'm baffled as to why they've re-released it.

Oh and in 3D big ****in surprise. James Cameron or whoever was in charge of this, screw you! You money grabbing whore!

Shark_Blade
07-04-12, 11:40
They put effort to make it 3D, and people like it. Hey, let them have their fun I say. :p
I'm not even fussed about the movie not rushing to the cinema, but will definitely getting it on BD since it's a pretty important and iconic movie in history.

michaeldt
08-04-12, 03:49
im seeing this next sunday :)

Oh and in 3D big ****in surprise. James Cameron or whoever was in charge of this, screw you! You money grabbing whore!
Hey at-least he's not as bad as George Lucas.... it is also being re-released for the centenary of the ship sinking.
in-fact, a few things are being done for the centenary (A night to remember is being released on blu-ray, the 1996 TV mini-series is being released on blu ray, there are more documentaries being made etc.) Also, the 3D in this re-release is said to be absolutely top-notch, $18,000,000 was spent over a 1 1/2 year period to convert the film to the standards of other big 3D movies.

Also, this gives people a chance to see Titanic on the big screen, which some people (like me) never got to do. I would love to see Titanic in cinemas and experience something I was too young at the time to experience in theatres :) (I was 1 when Titanic was released).

Stevo505
08-04-12, 04:02
dJxj1mou03M

Miharu
08-04-12, 04:08
im seeing this next sunday :)

Hey at-least he's not as bad as George Lucas.... it is also being re-released for the centenary of the ship sinking.
in-fact, a few things are being done for the centenary (A night to remember is being released on blu-ray, the 1996 TV mini-series is being released on blu ray, there are more documentaries being made etc.) Also, the 3D in this re-release is said to be absolutely top-notch, $18,000,000 was spent over a 1 1/2 year period to convert the film to the standards of other big 3D movies.

Also, this gives people a chance to see Titanic on the big screen, which some people (like me) never got to do. I would love to see Titanic in cinemas and experience something I was too young at the time to experience in theatres :) (I was 1 when Titanic was released).

Said to be. Yes, said to be. They said that about Avatar's 3D and it was just...meh.

It's 3D it's a stupid gimmick, however HD and being re-released in cinemas I can understand, especially as you said people get to see it on the big screen. :hug:

Just 3D? Really? Why, why? :confused: Don't get me wrong 3D is fun but this is just silly, I could never bear being sat for two-three hours in a crowded cinema with those big bulky glasses on me.

And wouldn't the 3D hurt people's eyes? Seeing as the movie is like 11 hours long. :rolleyes:

Stevo505
08-04-12, 04:09
^ I agree completely. It does not need to be in 3D. There is nothing that makes it necessary. If they want the movie to be viewed by the younger people, then they should have just released it without the 3D. 3D is just a gimmick by the greedy James Cameron to get more money.

michaeldt
08-04-12, 04:09
Said to be. Yes, said to be. They said that about Avatar's 3D and it was just...meh.

It's 3D it's a stupid gimmick, however HD and being re-released in cinemas I can understand, especially as you said people get to see it on the big screen. :hug:

Just 3D? Really? Why, why? :confused: Don't get me wrong 3D is fun but this is just silly, I could never bear being sat for two-three hours in a crowded cinema with those big bulky glasses on me.

And wouldn't the 3D hurt people's eyes? Seeing as the movie is like 11 hours long. :rolleyes:

because James Cameron is a 3D enthusiast, and no-one can change that. If he wants to put his movies in 3D, let him :)
and when you say 'Said to be', i'm talking about personal views from lots of other people, ive watched a lot of amateur reviews on Youtube and they all say the 3D is brilliant. Some people like 3D and some don't, get over it, nobody is forcing you to see the movie in 3D :)

Miharu
08-04-12, 04:19
because James Cameron is a 3D enthusiast, and no-one can change that. If he wants to put his movies in 3D, let him :)
and when you say 'Said to be', i'm talking about personal views from lots of other people, ive watched a lot of amateur reviews on Youtube and they all say the 3D is brilliant. Some people like 3D and some don't, get over it, nobody is forcing you to see the movie in 3D :)

That is true. :o And I know some people get 3D, just saying I couldn't for that long. I couldn't when I went to see Avatar, infact me and my mate walked out. :vlol:

Carbonek_0051
08-04-12, 04:20
Oh **** off. What a stupid gimmick, to try and draw attention to a movie that had its day over 10 years ago.

Don't get me wrong, not dissing Titanic, my point is it's such an iconic film (even though I don't like it very much :p) that there's always a new generation to discover it infact I'm baffled as to why they've re-released it.

I agree. James Cameron is a tool and movies over 2 hours should not be in 3D. Especially ones like this. The 3D is only going to be interesting when the boat sinks.

Miharu
08-04-12, 04:25
I agree. James Cameron is a tool and movies over 2 hours should not be in 3D. Especially ones like this. The 3D is only going to be interesting when the boat sinks.

The boat sinking in 3D does sound epic, hey maybe they've added CGI effects of water and ice flying out the screen. :vlol:

Carbonek_0051
08-04-12, 04:27
I don't see how 2 hours of romance and talking is going to be awesome in 3D. Seriously? Of all the films to convert to 3D, they choose this?

michaeldt
08-04-12, 04:33

this is the one thing i agree with though, yes I do think that James Cameron needs to understand that if a 3hr 15m film is going to be in 3D, there should be a intermission at-least, that goes with the producers though. I do like 3D in certain movies, if my eyes get tired i just take the glasses of for a few minutes and let my eyes rest :)

Stevo505
08-04-12, 04:38
I personally think it's wrong to make a spectacle of something like this by adding 3D. The sinking of the Titanic is something that should be remembered fondly and mourned... we shouldn't be flocking to see Titanic because it's in 3D because that's "cool."

Carbonek_0051
08-04-12, 04:43
I personally think it's wrong to make a spectacle of something like this by adding 3D. The sinking of the Titanic is something that should be remembered fondly and mourned... we shouldn't be flocking to see Titanic because it's in 3D because that's "cool."

I know right? :vlol:

Tommy123
08-04-12, 05:04
omg even though ive seen this movie a million times me and my friends and EVERYONE in the theatre still cried our eyes out.

I also thought the 3D was kinda pointless but whatevess

just*raidin*tomb
08-04-12, 05:12
I don't get how it's a gimmick. Are you really so fussed about wearing glasses? All it does is make the movie more realistic, less flat. It's not meant for things to pop out at you anymore. It just adds another dimension of immersion and realism and Titanic is a pretty iconic film so why not?

I don't understand why so many are so butt hurt over it. What the hell...

Carbonek_0051
08-04-12, 05:19
I don't get how it's a gimmick. Are you really so fussed about wearing glasses? All it does is make the movie more realistic, less flat. It's not meant for things to pop out at you anymore. It just adds another dimension of immersion and realism and Titanic is a pretty iconic film so why not?

I don't know what world you live in. :p And it is a gimmick. How is seeing two hours of romance and one hour of a ship sinking awesome in 3D? Not only that but it's a movie about a tragedy that happened and the 3D thing is sort of turning it into something that's more entertainment than something that is a tribute to the lost (not like the plot didn't already do that).

If anyone is butt-hurt, it's you. You're upset because some people don't see the point in this film being in 3D. You need to get over that, people have opinions.

just*raidin*tomb
08-04-12, 05:24
I don't know what world you live in. :p And it is a gimmick. How is seeing two hours of romance and one hour of a ship sinking awesome in 3D? Not only that but it's a movie about a tragedy that happened and the 3D thing is sort of turning it into something that's more entertainment than something that is a tribute to the lost (not like the plot didn't already do that).

If anyone is butt-hurt, it's you. You're upset because some people don't see the point in this film being in 3D. You need to get over that, people have opinions.

Lol I'm not upset. I'm only annoyed that people seem upset about it. I don't really get it. Just don't go see it.

And I don't know how many movies you've seen in 3D, but it adds dimension and layers to the film, making it appear more realistic, more "real time" if you will. It's not just made so that cool things can pop out at you. That's ridiculous. And I don't see how it's a gimmick. Now if movies were being made so that certain things popped out... yeah that could be a gimmick, but that's often not the case.

Stevo505
08-04-12, 05:24

But it is. It's just a way for Cameron to get extra money from more expensive tickets. And it's not even necessary for a film like Titanic where nothing happens a lot of the time. It's better for a film that has impressive visuals (like Avatar) or numerous action sequences. Also, I don't see the benefit in making it seem like you're in the movie, especially when it's Titanic. So now we're supposed to want to be on a sinking ship?

just*raidin*tomb
08-04-12, 05:33
But it is. It's just a way for Cameron to get extra money from more expensive tickets. And it's not even necessary for a film like Titanic where nothing happens a lot of the time. It's better for a film that has impressive visuals (like Avatar) or numerous action sequences. Also, I don't see the benefit in making it seem like you're in the movie, especially when it's Titanic. So now we're supposed to want to be on a sinking ship?

I'm glad you know him personally enough to make that observation. :whi:

I agree it's much better for a film that's pretty, but Titanic is one of the biggest films of all time. Being able to watch it in theatres again is a treat to those who still love it, so again... why not?

Carbonek_0051
08-04-12, 05:35
^Oh please, all directors want to make money. This really is just a way to cash in on his name and the film itself. So don't act like it's not.
Lol I'm not upset. I'm only annoyed that people seem upset about it. I don't really get it. Just don't go see it.So people can't express their distaste for the idea? Wow, sorry for having an opinion.
And I don't know how many movies you've seen in 3D, but it adds dimension and layers to the film, making it appear more realistic, more "real time" if you will. It's not just made so that cool things can pop out at you. That's ridiculous. And I don't see how it's a gimmick. Now if movies were being made so that certain things popped out... yeah that could be a gimmick, but that's often not the case.
I've seen plenty of films in 3D and it doesn't make them look any more realistic, and neither did it make me feel immersed.

I watched Avatar in 3D and thought it was the biggest waste of time, my eyes and head were hurting about half way through. 3D is a gimmick period, especially when adding it to a film that wasn't even meant to be 3D in the first place.

Exactly. And lol @ the last part. :vlol:

just*raidin*tomb
08-04-12, 05:47
^Oh please, all directors want to make money. This really is just a way to cash in on his name and the film itself. So don't act like it's not.
Yes I'm acting like it's not. That is totally my intention. Not all are like that. That's an assumption is all I'm saying.

So people can't express their distaste for the idea? Wow, sorry for having an opinion.
I'm sorry. I never said that. :/ I don't really get how expressing an opinion that you disagree with is the same thing as saying that others aren't allowed to express theirs. This forum seems to make that mistake a lot.

I've seen plenty of films in 3D and it doesn't make them look any more realistic, and neither did it make me feel immersed.
I'm sorry.

I watched Avatar in 3D and thought it was the biggest waste of time, my eyes and head were hurting about half way through. 3D is a gimmick period, especially when adding it to a film that wasn't even meant to be 3D in the first place.

I'm sorry that you got a headache, but what exactly defines a gimmick? I agree that sometimes 3D is used as a gimmick but definitely not always. Using 3D for movies that are "meant for 3D" seems more of a gimmick to me as I don't go to the movies to see things pop out at me. But I do enjoy movies that take advantage of it visually instead of making it annoying. I thought Avatar was a beautiful movie, but I have a love for beautiful fantasy environments and I thought it was freaking cool to see bugs flying around.

In my opinion.

michaeldt
08-04-12, 05:49
Who cares? Don't go to see it if you don't like 3D. Carbonek, your statement " all directors want to make money" is not always true, yes some do but there are also some who make films for art aswell :) look at half of the independent directors in the world, they just want to make a film, take David Lynch for example, his debut Eraserhead was hardly mainstream at all, in fact, hardly anyone understands it, David lynch made that movie as a piece of art and not to make lots of money from. I mean, doesn't everyone want to make money really? Most directors want to make money because directing is their job, then again, some don't and make their money elsewhere.

Carbonek_0051
08-04-12, 05:54
Yes I'm acting like it's not. That is totally my intention. Not all are like that. That's an assumption is all I'm saying.It's not an assumption, I doubt directors like doing anything for free, they want profit in some form.
I'm sorry that you got a headache, but what exactly defines a gimmick? I agree that sometimes 3D is used as a gimmick but definitely not always. Using 3D for movies that are "meant for 3D" seems more of a gimmick to me as I don't go to the movies to see things pop out at me. But I do enjoy movies that take advantage of it visually instead of making it annoying. I thought Avatar was a beautiful movie, but I a think I have a love for beautiful fantasy environments and I thought it was freaking cool to see bugs flying around.
The only films I have ever enjoyed in 3D were animated films. Mainly because the art-style fits 3D more than live action films. Toy Story 3 and Beauty & the Beast for example were far more eye catching than Avatar.
Who cares? Don't go to see it if you don't like 3D.
I'm not going to see it period. I have it on VHS & DVD, I don't want to give Cameron anymore money for a movie that I have seen a million times. Doesn't mean I can't express my opinion. So seriously, come off it.

just*raidin*tomb
08-04-12, 06:02
Well of course most are looking for some sort of a profit. They have to be in order to survive in this society. :p

Just to clear up, I have no interests in seeing the movie again though I might because I know a friend of mine does. I'm just trying to understand why some people hate 3D so much... there's potential there. But I do agree they tend to suit animated films more. Lion King was absolutely beautiful in 3D.

michaeldt
08-04-12, 06:07
I'm not going to see it period. I have it on VHS & DVD, I don't want to give Cameron anymore money for a movie that I have seen a million times. Doesn't mean I can't express my opinion. So seriously, come off it.

where did I say that you can't express your opinion?

Miharu
08-04-12, 07:55
Well of course most are looking for some sort of a profit. They have to be in order to survive in this society. :p

Just to clear up, I have no interests in seeing the movie again though I might because I know a friend of mine does. I'm just trying to understand why some people hate 3D so much... there's potential there. But I do agree they tend to suit animated films more. Lion King was absolutely beautiful in 3D.

People hate 3D because it's everywhere now and when something's everywhere, people get fed up. But the main reason I think is alot of directors think it's instantly gonna make a bad film good, when...It doesn't.

michaeldt
08-04-12, 08:26
People hate 3D because it's everywhere now and when something's everywhere, people get fed up. But the main reason I think is alot of directors think it's instantly gonna make a bad film good, when...It doesn't.

90% of the time it is not the directors decision to make a movie 3D, its the producers.

Miharu
08-04-12, 08:54
90% of the time it is not the directors decision to make a movie 3D, its the producers.

Even so, they think it will make a movie good...and it won't.

Stevo505
08-04-12, 09:18

James Cameron himself said he wanted to do it because of the success of The Lion King 3D. Success = money. So...

michaeldt
08-04-12, 10:14
James Cameron himself said he wanted to do it because of the success of The Lion King 3D. Success = money. So...

and I said 90% comes from the producers, James cameron is then in the remaining 10% ;) but anyway, I dont see why people are complaining? there are people who like 3D movies and are happy to see Titanic in 3D, James cameron gets an extra buck from this, people who don't like it aren't being forced to see it? doesn't everybody win in this situation? :confused:

Shark_Blade
08-04-12, 10:18
You forgot the nude painting scene. :ohn: In 3D.

Stevo505
08-04-12, 10:44
and I said 90% comes from the producers, James cameron is then in the remaining 10% ;) but anyway, I dont see why people are complaining? there are people who like 3D movies and are happy to see Titanic in 3D, James cameron gets an extra buck from this, people who don't like it aren't being forced to see it? doesn't everybody win in this situation? :confused:

We understand we don't have to see it. And we're not going to. We're just saying we don't understand the point of it.

You forgot the nude painting scene. :ohn: In 3D.

Boobs in 3D!!!

Carbonek_0051
08-04-12, 10:47
We understand we don't have to see it. And we're not going to. We're just saying we don't understand the point of it.

Exactly. How is this so hard to comprehend?

michaeldt
08-04-12, 10:49
the point is to make more money from a good film (every production company does things like this..), also to commemorate the centenary of the Titanic.

igonge
08-04-12, 10:50

Boobs in 3D!!!

There, you just explained it ;)

Carbonek_0051
08-04-12, 10:51
also to commemorate the centenary of the Titanic.

By turning it into 3D so people can experience the deaths in an entertaining fashion? What a way to commemorate it. http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1vpnbqkT11qhy911o1_100.gif

igonge
08-04-12, 10:52
By turning it into 3D so people can experience the deaths in an entertaining fashion? What a way to commemorate it. http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1vpnbqkT11qhy911o1_100.gif

What better way to commemorate it than actually feeling like you're there!? HOORAY!!

Carbonek_0051
08-04-12, 10:54
I wonder if they are going to spray the audience with ice cold water and launch some of them out of their seats. Epic. :cool:

michaeldt
08-04-12, 10:56
I wonder if when they release the BD, will there be the extended edition in 3D too? :p its over 4 hours long! lol

igonge
08-04-12, 10:56
I wonder if they are going to spray the audience with ice cold water and launch some of them out of their seats. Epic. :cool:

That would be epic :cool:

Shark_Blade
08-04-12, 11:16

Image in my head of a grandma breaking her neck just because she wanted to watch Titanic in 3D cinema.

Carbonek_0051
08-04-12, 11:17
Image in my head of a grandma breaking her neck just because she wanted to watch Titanic in 3D cinema.
And that's why Titanic in 3D is a bad idea. :( lmao

Miharu
08-04-12, 12:19
What I think is ****ing hilarious is that there's this cruise tour that goes around the exact route where the Titanic was.

It's being booked full for the next two years. Little bleak to commemorate the deaths of all those people don't you think? "And this is where the iceberg was and the titanic sunk right around here..."

Zelda master
08-04-12, 12:32
Well it is interesting no matter how bleak it is, and you can always show respect if you do something like that. Let's be honest but to be a moment silent on the exact spot where hundereds people died, that would be amazing really :)
I honestly want to see the grave of Sidney Leslie Goodwin, being unidentified for 99 years, it's amazing people managed to find it out after all thong years.

Shark_Blade
08-04-12, 12:43
People can learn lessons from the past, and by looking at Titanic it is pretty historically interesting - being once an "invincible/unsinkable" ship and all. So I don't see anything wrong with the cruise.

Miharu
08-04-12, 13:29
Oh, sorry I didn't mean to come across as saying I find something wrong with it.

Just think it's bleak, but that said we do go to those old WWII battlefields in Germany etc. to pay our respects and stuff like that.

michaeldt
09-04-12, 03:19
I would probably like to go on that tour :o
infact, if I had the money, I wouldn't mind actually going down and seeing the wreck. I am very fascinated with the Titanic.

Phlip
09-04-12, 03:28
I read somewhere that the Blu-ray release would be 4 disks... umm what? My DVD Delux Collector's Edition is 4 disks... 2 for the film (which is annoying because I have to switch half way) and 2 for extras.

Those 4 DVD's could easily fit on one Blu-ray!

Shark_Blade
09-04-12, 03:53
I read somewhere that the Blu-ray release would be 4 disks... umm what? My DVD Delux Collector's Edition is 4 disks... 2 for the film (which is annoying because I have to switch half way) and 2 for extras.

Lord of the Rings Extended Edition BD has two discs for one movie, so it's understandable for Titanic as well.

Phlip
09-04-12, 03:56
Lord of the Rings Extended Edition BD has two discs for one movie, so it's understandable for Titanic as well.

One for the film and one for extras?

BD's hold 25GB's. Like seriously! :o

Shark_Blade
09-04-12, 05:27
Seriously. I mean one extended movie (lets say the Two Towers) has two discs, part 1 and 2. So there's 3 movies hence 6 discs.

Exclude additional extra features too, which are on other discs.

Lenochka
09-04-12, 05:47
Titanic is flawless, so I can't wait! I'm sure it's going to be stunning. :D

This :D

Just seeing the commercials for it in 3D makes me want the blu-ray since my VHS copy died long ago from being watched so many times lol. :D

CiaKonwerski
09-04-12, 05:50
Just got back from seeing it...amazing,I cried...of course.:p But not as much as I would have seeing it on my own at home (I was in the theatre with my mother haha). She had not seen the entire thing, only the ending. She cried. There are so many issues in the movie rather than the Rose and Jack bit. Social order, how women were treated, and just the overall death of that many people was so tragic. The detail was great, and the 3D was subtle (which I preferred).

lcroft_lc
09-04-12, 05:50
There's a thread about the 3D version of Titanic but no thread for American Reunion? :eek:

michaeldt
09-04-12, 07:45

what? my DVD is just one disk and the film fits on it? :confused:

Miharu
09-04-12, 07:48
There's a thread about the 3D version of Titanic but no thread for American Reunion? :eek:

Make one then. :eek: Quick! :jmp:

[Xmas]
09-04-12, 09:40
I can't wait to see this. Such a flawless movie.

lcroft_lc
09-04-12, 11:42
Make one then. :eek: Quick! :jmp:

Done. :jmp:

Zelda master
09-04-12, 11:53
One for the film and one for extras?

BD's hold 25GB's. Like seriously! :o

The Extended Editions were released on two different Blu-ray discs for each film, and it's not a single layer disc either, those discs are dual layer so there was 50 Gb. Reason is because at some point you will have to start compress the movie to the point where quantity goes over quality. The original cuts are three hours and up, that's really the limit for a high quality transfer on Blu-ray. Anything longer then 3 hours is usually a guarantee for a two disc release, it's not possible to have longer movies with high quality transfers on one disc.

what? my DVD is just one disk and the film fits on it? :confused:
Most releases of Titanic are single disc, the 4 disc release went with a different higher quality transfer if I remember correctly. The original release was a non-anamorphic transfer which they managed to put on one disc, the other transfer was anamorphic so it used more space for the actual film instead of black bars :)

michaeldt
09-04-12, 16:08
This is annoying lol, I don't like having to change disks. But I suppose it's not much work and it at least gives an intermission for the film :p

trlestew
09-04-12, 16:19
Anyone remember the original VHS release? It came on two tapes, so I don't think people would mind.

Zelda master
09-04-12, 18:12
Nope my VHS release was on one :p

Admles
09-04-12, 20:09
Am I the only person who's never seen this movie?

Your_Envy*
09-04-12, 20:19
^ Yes, there are over 7 billion people in this world and I am sure you are the only one who never saw Titanic. :)

:p

Admles
09-04-12, 20:19
Go back to your wine soaked existence already! :p

igonge
09-04-12, 22:12
Anyone remember the original VHS release? It came on two tapes, so I don't think people would mind.

Nope my VHS release was on one :p

Mine was just one tape too. It was a very heavy tape though :p

ozzman
09-04-12, 22:43
what's going to be IN 3d.... Rose's Tits ....... i don't think it should have been in 3d

Zelda master
10-04-12, 09:58
It's a decision made by the studio really, James Cameron just smiles and goes along with it. He was the person that was most opposed 3D conversions, so I honestly doubt that he had to much to say about the Titanic in 3D.

And if Rose's tits are in 3D, it's still a rather flat movie ;)

Your_Envy*
10-04-12, 10:49
And if Rose's tits are in 3D, it's still a rather flat movie ;)

LMAO! :vlol:

I am going this Saturday, can't wait. :cool:

Lukass
10-04-12, 10:52
Must see!

michaeldt
10-04-12, 11:21
We've had to change the time we see it.
We're seeing it this thursday now! :D

DragonSlayer
11-04-12, 14:53
I'm going to go see this soon, what does annoy me is that the nearest cinema to me that recently opened is not showing Titanic it's not like they are not equipped for 3D they are advertising Wrath Of The Titans in 3D while another cinema is only showing it twice a day maybe that's because they think loads of people have seen it and so they decided to only show it twice a day, while another cinema is showing it six times a day i can't get to that cinema because it's not the most accessible of cinemas.

tonyme
11-04-12, 22:35
Saw it today.

The 3D really didn't add up much, watching it on DVD in a movie night would have been okay as well!

But nice experience overall! :cool:

TombRaiderLover
11-04-12, 22:35
Regarding disc space: The Godfather Part II fit on a dual-layered Blu-ray disc with no problems and ditto to Gone with the Wind. The former runs at three hours and twenty minutes and the latter is nearly four hours long. There's no reason Titanic (shorter than those two films) couldn't fit on one disc and be free of compression artefacts.

Shark_Blade
12-04-12, 00:30
I'm not sure about Godfather, but for Gone with the Wind it has black bars on the left and right panels. I'm not a technical person, but I read somewhere that that puts into accounts of lesser space being used.

michaeldt
12-04-12, 02:58
Seeing it in 1 hour! :D

igonge
12-04-12, 21:26
My mum and I saw it today and I was suitably impressed with the 3D conversion, one of the things that really stood out were those huge ass hats they wear :vlol: And any shot looking down over the side of the boat (and the very end of the sinking) made me feel sick, it was all too real :vlol: Any shot inside the boat looking down a hallway was very nice in 3D too.

michaeldt
13-04-12, 00:28
I thought the 3D was done very well too :) I enjoyed seeing it again and especially enjoyed being able to see it in theatres! Before seeing it yesterday, I hadnt watched it for a few years.

Shark_Blade
13-04-12, 12:46
I've never watched the movie properly before. I went to the cinema today and was pleasantly surprised. The movie was entertaining, and time seems to pass quickly when you enjoy yourself. I was there for 2 hours and then the ship hit the iceberg. Since I had a train to catch a train, I left the movie immediately (it seems there's like an hour and 17 minutes left for the final scene that I missed).

But no fret, I'll definitely be getting this movie on BD, whenever that's out.

And mark tomorrow's day everyone. It's April the 14th, the fateful day of Titanic. Ready for a moment of silence, respect and prayer which suits you.

Tonyrobinson
14-04-12, 18:44
I seen it last night and was obsessed it's been a while. The movie was gorgeous in 3D. :)

Zelda master
14-04-12, 19:14
I will be seeing the movie tomorrow, exactly 100 years after the sinking. Best part is that the time will approxemently be the same time in the movie as in reallife a hundered years ago. Sad but a great way to remember that night :)

Agent 47
14-04-12, 20:11
And mark tomorrow's day everyone. It's April the 14th, the fateful day of Titanic. Ready for a moment of silence, respect and prayer which suits you.

Most importantly it will become a protected wreck, declared by UNesco. No more pilfering from the dead, finally time to let the great ship rest in piece :(

Zelda master
14-04-12, 20:49
The ship had rested for 73 years before it was found, how is that not resting. Plus the wreck is great for research how to prevent disasters like this again, but also for other research there is a bacteria that has been found on the wreck of the Titanic that has not been found anywhere else in the world. While I think that leaving some stuff of the dead should be self explanatory, some things should be looked at no matter how sad the incident was :)

lance6439
15-04-12, 04:57
Kids at school asked if this was based on a real situation ... I wanted to slap em.

voltz
15-04-12, 05:00
Do they still have the Titanic exhibition going? I've been to the show in Minnesota, but that was quite a few years back when James Cameron was just getting into it.

Btw, that wall of ice was cold as ****!