SorasDestiny
23-12-11, 21:27
Celebrity Big Brother 2012
---- Season 9 ----

---- Every Night On ----
Channel 5/HD

----- With The Live Final Airing -----
Tonight @ 9PM

---- Big Brother's Bit On The Side (BBBOTS) Airs Every Night Following The Main Show (CH5/HD; Mon-Fri/ 5*; Sat-Sun) ----
---- Live Coverage To Air On 5* After Eviction Shows ----

---------------------------------------------------------

---- The Housemates ----

http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/4919/andrewstone.jpg http://www.bbspy.co.uk/images/housemates/profiles/denise.jpg http://www.bbspy.co.uk/images/housemates/profiles/frankie.jpg http://www.bbspy.co.uk/images/housemates/profiles/gareth.jpg
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/5448/georgiasalpa.png http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/8676/kirknorcross.png http://www.bbspy.co.uk/images/housemates/profiles/kristina_and_karissa.jpg http://www.bbspy.co.uk/images/housemates/profiles/michael.jpg
http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/5829/nataliecassidy.png http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/6114/natashagiggs.png http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/1523/nicolamclean.png http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/1672/romeodunn.png

All pictures from bbspy.co.uk (http://www.bbspy.co.uk/)

Reggie
23-12-11, 21:31
^Nicely done for a first post but for me...

No. Just no.

Channel 5 have trashed the concept. I'm not interested.

Phlip
23-12-11, 21:32
What a cringe, I won't be watching. :o

(btw, the word should be "series", not "season", since like, we live in the UK. :o)

SorasDestiny
23-12-11, 21:42
^Nicely done for a first post but for me...

No. Just no.

Channel 5 have trashed the concept. I'm not interested.
What a cringe, I won't be watching. :o

(btw, the word should be "series", not "season", since like, we live in the UK. :o)

Oh no, really? I quite liked their first effort, but I guess its down to personal preference.
I love the advertising this season. This year didn't really have a theme, but next year they're taking inspiration from 2012 being the 'end of the world', or so it seems.

UK media misuse the word 'series', in my opinion.

"Series 9 on the UK Series of Big Brother" :confused:

I prefer season as it makes sense. We're watching a number of episodes, a collective, a season; within a series overall.

Tombraider95
23-12-11, 21:44
Bring it on! Excited to see who is going in. Hopefully many people I know!

Phlip
23-12-11, 21:48
Love how the acknowledge that this year didn't even have proper celebrities.

larson n natla
23-12-11, 21:56
Not excited about it, but I enjoy Emma Willis and Alice Lavigne on BB Bit on the side.

Phlip
23-12-11, 22:05
Is Frankie Cocozza going in? I might watch if he does lmfao.

SorasDestiny
23-12-11, 22:05
Oh crap. Thanks for pointing that out *dies of embaressment* :o

Is Frankie Cocozza going in? I might watch if he does lmfao.
Apparently so. Its only reported but I wouldn't be surprised.

Bring it on! Excited to see who is going in. Hopefully many people I know!
It is very exciting. Even if the line-up isn't filled with current celebs, I'm just excited for the season overall.
Its not about how famous they are for me, its about how much they can bring to the table in terms of making the season a great one.

Love how the acknowledge that this year didn't even have proper celebrities.
I thought this year's line-up was one of the most recognisable. I knew most of the 'celebs'. They did make some hiccups though. *cough*Bobby Sabel*cough*

Weemanply109
24-12-11, 01:31
I heard they tried to get Lindsay Lohan in the house. :vlol:

So not happening. I'll wait to hear what "celebrities" appear in the house before making my decision to watch it.

Miharu
24-12-11, 01:37
Oh crap. Thanks for pointing that out *dies of embaressment* :o

Apparently so. Its only reported but I wouldn't be surprised.

It is very exciting. Even if the line-up isn't filled with current celebs, I'm just excited for the season overall.
Its not about how famous they are for me, its about how much they can bring to the table in terms of making the season a great one.

I thought this year's line-up was one of the most recognisable. I knew most of the 'celebs'. They did make some hiccups though. *cough*Bobby Sabel*cough*

And Jedward and Lucien.

SorasDestiny
24-12-11, 13:27
I heard they tried to get Lindsay Lohan in the house. :vlol:
They've gotta aim high. Last season was Charlie Sheen, the next LiLo.

And Jedward and Lucien.
Jedward wasn't too bad. Annoying at first but good. Glad they didn't win though.
Apparently, they're trying to get Jedward back in again. Kinda defeats the rules as each individual only gets the opportunity for a full appearance in any season once, not counting those who appeared in Ultimate Big Brother.

StefanJ94
26-12-11, 15:54
Oh god no.
I can't believe the stupidity. The only way that they're gonna make me even watch the launch night of this is if they get LiLo in. And that's far from happening I think. It seems no matter how horrible the last seasons fails, they will keep making new Big Brother who are bound to be worse and worse. Seriously, let it rest. It will save them the shame. :p

Weemanply109
26-12-11, 15:55
^This. :tmb:

StefanJ94
26-12-11, 15:58
^ no, Ian, it wasn't "This. :tmb:" That post of mine had a one grammar error. And also there was one sentence that failed to make any sense therefore I corrected it and now it's all right. :)

Weemanply109
26-12-11, 16:05
^I still agree with it though.

StefanJ94
26-12-11, 16:05
I'm glad we share the same opinion. :) ^-^

SorasDestiny
29-12-11, 22:46
Oh god no.
I can't believe the stupidity. The only way that they're gonna make me even watch the launch night of this is if they get LiLo in. And that's far from happening I think. It seems no matter how horrible the last seasons fails, they will keep making new Big Brother who are bound to be worse and worse. Seriously, let it rest. It will save them the shame. :p
I try to remain optimistic. I enjoyed Big Brother this year. It broke the mould in the respect that someone who wasn't a goody-two-shoes won, something that hadn't been done before. Plus, it had some great tasks and some fab moments. It would have been better with live feed of course but there's nothing you can do about that now.

Tonyrobinson
30-12-11, 01:06
Slightly looking forward, slightly not, I've accepted this isn't going to be the same ever again however I'm somewhat addicted to it no matter how crap it is. :vlol:

Cannot ****ing stand that Brian either he needs to go and take Emma, Alice and that other bearded **** with him. Funny I used to like Emma too when she done BBLB they all just seem so up themselves now. :o

Tonyrobinson
02-01-12, 23:20
House pictures are up!

Click me! (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.215546265197298.54611.119257188159540&type=3)

SorasDestiny
04-01-12, 17:44
^^ As much as I'd like to indulge my curiosity and look at them, I'll wait until tomorrow evening. I've seen a couple of them when they first released and my expectations were right. The CBB house is never very different from the house used in the previous original season. They don't have the time to overhaul it and instead give the existing layout a makeover, moreso this year than any other season prior seeing as there has only been over a month since BB12 ended.

Nonetheless, what I have seen suggests a Alpine Chalet theme, as I've seen the deer trophies which line the walls by the staircase and the fireplace in the garden, no?

StefanJ94
04-01-12, 17:45
The house is ****, man. :D

larson n natla
05-01-12, 20:19
It is on right now for anybody interested.

So far the 'Celebrity' aspect isn't much.

Tombraider95
05-01-12, 20:31
Watching it now :)

Spong
05-01-12, 20:49
Some little boy with carpet for hair has just gone in. And Michael Madsen!? :eek: For once they've actually correctly defined the word 'celebrity' in Celebrity Big Brother. Beyond him and Natalie Cassidy (who looks like she's got a carrier-bag for a face), I have no idea who anyone else is so far.

dizzydoil
05-01-12, 20:49
I'm actually enjoying it so far...:eek:

Spong
05-01-12, 21:41
I bet Michael Madsen is questioning his agent's credentials, he looks bemused to say the least.

Mikky
05-01-12, 21:46
Seriously, who are these people? Who the hell is Georgia Salpa and Natasha Giggs? What, are they just bringing random people in now? I've only heard of about 4 of them.

Tonyrobinson
05-01-12, 22:28
Georgia Salpa, Mmmm. I would! :D

remote91
06-01-12, 14:52
Looks good so far.

SorasDestiny
07-01-12, 18:04
I absolutely adore this year's line up. One being it is, for me, very strong and two because there are so many familiar faces. It isn't a matter of what list of celebrity they're from but rather whether they are familiar and what they will bring to the season, in my opinion anyway. Out of the twelve, it was only Karissa, Kristina, Georgia and Romeo that I wasn't familiar with.

Natalie's first task was hilarious and it really served its purpose well in breaking the ice between the housemates.

The house is ****, man. :D

I don't expect much from the CBB house, due to the limited time they have. That aside, I think they've did a great job considering they only had a month or so.

Seriously, who are these people? Who the hell is Georgia Salpa and Natasha Giggs? What, are they just bringing random people in now? I've only heard of about 4 of them.
Natasha Giggs had a high-profile affair with brother-in-law and footballer Ryan Giggs. She may not be the definition of celebrity but she is definitely well-known.

StefanJ94
07-01-12, 21:17
But come on, the house...seriously? :pi:

They're entering Big Brother. Not Paris Hilton's Next BFF :p

remote91
07-01-12, 21:49
Andrew Stone pretending to be straight and trying to one up everybody was hilarious.

Also Natasha Giggs laughing when she explained her 8 year long affair was disgusting. The ****ing slag.

Atlantisfreak666
07-01-12, 21:51
I thought they had to be celebrities to be on the show?

SorasDestiny
07-01-12, 22:58
^^ Most of them are well-known, familiar. They might not be Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt but most people do recognise them. If shouldn't be about how famous the person is. So far, the season has been great. Its about what they bring, not how high up the alphabet they are.

Just saying hehe :D

But come on, the house...seriously? :pi:

They're entering Big Brother. Not Paris Hilton's Next BFF :p
I don't quite follow. For the time allowed, they did good. Plus the diary room chair is much better than last year as its unique.

Andrew Stone pretending to be straight and trying to one up everybody was hilarious.

Also Natasha Giggs laughing when she explained her 8 year long affair was disgusting. The ****ing slag.
Andrew's laugh is hilarious. Its a real flamboyant laugh. Its hard to believe he's straight, however you can applaud him for being comfortable with his femininity.
It did take me by surprise when Michael questioned her about why she was in there and she had a chuckle about it. There are probably many viewers who've thought the same way. She's not doing herself any favours if she hopes appearing in CBB will shift public perception of her.

SorasDestiny
12-01-12, 17:35
A nice bit of good news, worthy of a thread bump I hope.

The first slice of live feed after last night's eviction show, over on 5*, pulled in 352,000 viewers during the 10-11PM hour. Pretty good, ey?
Channel 5 were insistent that it wasn't in demand anyone when it clearly is. I'm hoping that the figures hold tomorrow night as C5 will probably consider increasing the coverage for BB13.

Spong
12-01-12, 17:44
The first slice of live feed after last night's eviction show, over on 5*, pulled in 352,000 viewers during the 10-11PM hour. Pretty good, ey?

Not really, no. Even for a digital channel that no one watches anyway, that number's pretty poor. Bid TV probably gets more viewers at that time of night.

Channel 5 were insistent that it wasn't in demand by anyone when it clearly is.

352,000 viewers? The numbers speak for themselves. Five are right, it isn't in demand.

But anyway, no idea why I'm commenting on this, I don't care. The quicker they stop airing Big Brother the quicker TV can start to climb out of the pit it's got itself into in recent years.

SorasDestiny
12-01-12, 17:56
Not really, no. Even for a digital channel that no one watches anyway, that number's pretty poor. Bid TV probably gets more viewers at that time of night.
5* has a relatively low audience share, yes. With its most popular programmes just scrapping over 500,000. So the live feed numbers weren't that disastrous when you stack it across the highest rated programming on the channel. I'd agree had the numbers been about 100,000 viewers.

352,000 viewers? The numbers speak for themselves. Five are right, it isn't in demand.

But anyway, no idea why I'm commenting on this, I don't care. The quicker they stop airing Big Brother the quicker TV can start to climb out of the pit it's got itself into in recent years.
There is demand. If not on TV, online perhaps?
I wouldn't say Big Brother is degrading TV. Its just one show in dozens across the networks.

Tombraider95
12-01-12, 18:05
But anyway, no idea why I'm commenting on this, I don't care.

You obviously do since you are spending time and effort writing this. If you really didn't care, you wouldn't have even entered the thread. Perhaps that's the best thing to do from now on.

remote91
13-01-12, 08:11
When the twin ate the porridge with cow urine.. I cried laughing.

noonbob
13-01-12, 14:11
I thought they had to be celebrities to be on the show?

tell me about it how is Frankie a celebrity he was on the x factor, that doesn't make him a celeb and he was crap on their anyway there were much better contestants than him

i mainly like most of the girls atm and a few others :)

Tonyrobinson
13-01-12, 14:13
Nathasha is even lower in the ranks. She slept with somebody and got famous, also Kirk and Andrew are from reality TV. None of them are truly celebrities in there apart from Madsen. :p

noonbob
13-01-12, 16:50
Nathasha is even lower in the ranks. She slept with somebody and got famous, also Kirk and Andrew are from reality TV. None of them are truly celebrities in there apart from Madsen. :p

agreed :tmb: next thing u know celebrity BB is just gonna be full of normal people who wanna be celebs :p (btw i thinks we need the normal smilies back i mean tisnt the season to be jolly anymore lol :vlol:)

SorasDestiny
13-01-12, 17:31
When the twin ate the porridge with cow urine.. I cried laughing.
Oh god. It was fantastic. I loved it when Denise was trying to reassure her that it was ok.

"Cow Urine is really good for you. Its a delicacy in, erm, some countries!"

:vlol:

Tonyrobinson
18-01-12, 22:25
Can I just say that the past few nights have felt so much like classic BB it's unreal, good job Channel 5, not completely there but a step in the right direction. :)

SorasDestiny
19-01-12, 14:47
Can I just say that the past few nights have felt so much like classic BB it's unreal, good job Channel 5, not completely there but a step in the right direction. :)

This season has been brilliant so far. The latest shopping task was fantastic. Simple yet so entertaining.

Also, there is some great news regarding live feed. The latest coverage, which aired yesterday evening following the eviction, was watched by an audience of 917,000, which is massive. It's become the highest rated program in 5* history. It is still so relevant and if Channel 5 continue to give viewers an incentive to watch it like last night with face-to-face noms, there can enjoy more big ratings for the coverage.