PDA

View Full Version : Saudi women with sexy eyes may be forced to cover them up

Phlip
07-01-12, 23:54
http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2011/11/18/1226198/578414-20111118burqa.jpg

SAUDI women with attractive eyes may be forced to cover them up, the news website Bikya Masr reported, in a move that could mark the latest repressive measure taken against women by the Islamic state.

A spokesperson for Saudi Arabia's Committee for the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice (CPVPV), Sheikh Motlab al Nabet, said the committee had the right to stop women revealing "tempting" eyes in public.

Women in Saudi Arabia already have to cover their hair, and, in some regions, their faces while in public. If they do not, they face punishments including fines and public floggings.

The CPVPV has repeatedly been accused of human rights violations. Founded in 1940, its function is to ensure Islamic laws are not broken in public in Saudi Arabia.

In 2002 the committee refused to allow female students out of a burning school in Mecca because they were not wearing correct head cover, report said.

The decision contributed to the high death toll of 15 people who were killed in the fire.

http://www.news.com.au/world/saudi-women-with-sexy-eyes-may-be-forced-to-cover-them-up/story-e6frfkyi-1226198481241#ixzz1e0fcFqS9

What da ****? And the last two sentences... that country is majorly ****ed up. Monsters! =/

Scorpio1991
07-01-12, 23:56
Most ****ed up country ever *sigh*

Tombcool
08-01-12, 00:03
What the **** is up with all this oppression towards women?!

DgoOdz94
08-01-12, 00:03
Wow, this just.... beyond ridiculous and stupid. *sugh* What has this come to? :rolleyes:

Phlip
08-01-12, 00:06
Rarely do I ever genuinely feel sick over reading horrible news stories, but this is deeply disturbing and upsetting: http://www.rense.com/general21/blz.htm

Zebra
08-01-12, 00:06
Speechless. Totally speechless.

Mikky
08-01-12, 00:10
What utter retards.

Catapharact
08-01-12, 00:15
Now you know why I left. So... Do people STILL think the will of the masses should be applied to nations such as SA? If you let the will of the masses flourish, the un-educated wills can easily be swayed by extremists who then will enforce these sort of laws.

Monarchy all the way. The monarchs in SA need to be in TOTAL power. Pencil ****ed ****ers; Can't handle the sexiness of the eyes of Middle Eastern women can they? They don't DESERVE our women!

Rai
08-01-12, 00:17
I suppose we should respect the religion and culture of Saudi Arabia *sigh*. Even though I don't understand or agree with laws that punish women for showing their faces.

Until they allow 15 women to DIE in a fire :yik:. That's wrong in ways I can't say. Sod religion/culture when lives are at stake.

interstellardave
08-01-12, 00:19
Rarely do I ever genuinely feel sick over reading horrible news stories, but this is deeply disturbing and upsetting: http://www.rense.com/general21/blz.htm

With stuff like that going on over there the people either need to force some change or leave. I wouldn't live in a country like that; even if you believe in the principals behind those laws there needs to be some sense used when enforcing them!

Tombcool

You know what pisses me off too?

When women enter Saudi they have to abide by their rules, and they do not complain. My old History teacher had to wear a hijab when entering into Saudi...

...But here in the Western world, when some* Muslims that immigrate here bitch and complain about our countries not accommodating to their needs we go and listen to them. I could go on and on with the list. Yet they do not let us be free in their Muslim countries.

* I had to add the word "some" just in-case someone on the forums gets pissed for generalizing and starts hating.

Mad Tony
What defines "tempting" eyes anyway? Surely it depends on the person?

Catapharact
08-01-12, 00:22
I suppose we should respect the religion and culture of Saudi Arabia *sigh*.

NO WE SHOULDN'T!

There is nothing religious about this law! Face coverings are infact totally anti-Islamic! Its actually considered blasphemous to hide one's face from God's grace. The practice of wearing face coverings were employed by the women of the Prophet's household to hide their identities in public! So they can't be targets of assassins. Somehow, that practice was then adopted by the moronic disciples of the prophet as a RELIGIOUS act! (Probably because our women were way too much for them to handle; Go figure.)

There is NOTHING religious about this law.

MiniZee
08-01-12, 00:22
What would those poor men do to control themselves if they saw a woman with attractive eyes?! :eek:

****ing hell. :pi:

larafan25
08-01-12, 00:37
Well...that's kind of stupid.

Encore
08-01-12, 00:37
Just remember folks, Saudi Arabia is our ally. :)

Rai
08-01-12, 00:39
NO WE SHOULDN'T!

There is nothing religious about this law! Face coverings are infact totally anti-Islamic! Its actually considered blasphemous to hide one's face from God's grace. The practice of wearing face coverings were employed by the women of the Prophet's household to hide their identities in public! So they can't be targets of assassins. Somehow, that practice was then adopted by the moronic disciples of the prophet as a RELIGIOUS act! (Probably because our women were way too much for them to handle; Go figure.)

Well I did say culture as well. I'm sorry I was misinformed as to why this 'law' is in place. :o

tomblover
08-01-12, 00:42
At this rate, I feel like they might as well put little girls to sleep the moment they pop out of their mother's hoo-haa. :hea:

Then again, the men would lose their legally sanctioned slaves if they started doing that, so of course they wouldn't. :/

Catapharact
08-01-12, 00:42
Just remember folks, Saudi Arabia is our ally. :)

No; The MONARCHS in SA are our allies. The Security Defense Force are your allies. The army, the navy and the airforce are your allies. The committee mentioned in this article loaths the U.S. and any given western ally with a passion. The ONLY reason why they are in power is because they have a strong grip on the hearts and minds of the uneducated masses within the nation. If this committee had its way, U.S. and Western Forces from S.A. would have been barred a long time ago.

Its a power struggle within the nation between the Monarchy that wants the nation to become more modernized and are bringing in more Liberal laws and the zealots who want everything to stay with the dark age period. Its the Monarchs who instilled laws that have given women some tangible rights within the nation including the right to vote.

The Monarchs HAVE to stay in power.

Zebra
08-01-12, 00:44
I wonder what they're going to do once scientists invent artificial egg cells and wombs. Abolish women altogether?

Ward Dragon
08-01-12, 01:16
Sharia law has to go. I really wish the UN actually tried to uphold human rights because these kinds of violations should be stopped. In any sane world, those "virtue police" would be executed for murder (or at least imprisoned for life).

skylark1121
08-01-12, 01:19
Despicable. x.x
:(

Catapharact
08-01-12, 01:23
In any sane world, those "virtue police" would be executed for murder (or at least imprisoned for life).

I prefer they be executed. I don't want such ignorant filth tarnishing a good faith with their stinkin ignorant brain-dead selves.

Ward Dragon
08-01-12, 01:26
I prefer they be executed. I don't want such ignorant filth tarnishing a good faith with their stinkin ignorant brain-dead selves.

I prefer it too, but I didn't want to derail the thread with a capital punishment debate so I left the options open.

Draco
08-01-12, 01:50
And people think Iran is the problem...

Diablo_Rosso
08-01-12, 01:52
That's just messed up.

Catapharact
08-01-12, 01:53
And people think Iran is the problem...

Iran IS the problem!

Apart from threatening to attack Western forces and Israel, the hierarchy in Iran have made it pretty clear that they don't like the S.A. monarchy and want them gone. If the Monarchy falls in SA, the extremists win; PERIOD! The Monarchy and their influence is what has kept the extremists from getting even a MORE stronger foothold in the nation.

Draco
08-01-12, 01:56
Iran IS the problem!

Apart from threatening to attack Western forces and Israel, the hierarchy in Iran have it pretty clear that they don't like the S.A. monarchy and want them gone. If the Monarchy falls in SA, the extremists win; PERIOD! The Monarchy and their influence is what has kept the extremists from getting even a MORE stronger foothold in the nation.

Except that the people of Iran, as in those not really in power, are perfectly okay with modernization (as opposed to westernization).

Once the Ayatollah is removed from power and presumably not replaced by someone as bad or worse, Iran becomes the most westernized middle eastern nation over night.

Ward Dragon
08-01-12, 01:58
Iran IS the problem!

Apart from threatening to attack Western forces and Israel, the hierarchy in Iran have it pretty clear that they don't like the S.A. monarchy and want them gone. If the Monarchy falls in SA, the extremists win; PERIOD! The Monarchy and their influence is what has kept the extremists from getting even a MORE stronger foothold in the nation.

Exactly. I like democracy but it only works if people want it to work. At this point, I don't care what form of government a country has as long as people aren't being oppressed and systematically murdered by the government.

Except that the people of Iran, as in those not really in power, are perfectly okay with modernization (as opposed to westernization).

Once the Ayatollah is removed from power and presumably not replaced by someone as bad or worse, Iran becomes the most westernized middle eastern nation over night.

Right, but how do you remove him from power?

Draco
08-01-12, 02:01
Leave it to the Iranians tbh, in time it will happen. There has never been an externally forced change of power that has resulted in a more stable and desirable society.

Ward Dragon
08-01-12, 02:07
Leave it to the Iranians tbh, in time it will happen. There has never been an externally forced change of power that has resulted in a more stable and desirable society.

That could take a long time though. He's already been in office for over 20 years and I haven't seen anything that implies he will be thrown out any time soon. In the meantime, he's doing a lot of damage and will only continue to make things worse and worse as time goes on.

Dark Lugia 2
08-01-12, 02:18
Its sad that this really doesnt surprise me. Islamic country, Sharia law and that. Those poor women...

Draco
08-01-12, 02:22
That could take a long time though. He's already been in office for over 20 years and I haven't seen anything that implies he will be thrown out any time soon. In the meantime, he's doing a lot of damage and will only continue to make things worse and worse as time goes on.

It always takes time, we just need to stop being such a petulant nation and let things happen without trying to be everyone's big brother. Iran is not a threat to the US. Iran is barely a threat to Israel, but Israel doesn't need us to babysit them even if Iran does make a move.

There is a difference between talk and action, and 20 years of talk, no matter how media hyped it has been over the last twelve months, does not mean action is coming.

LaraDuh
08-01-12, 02:24
Retarded...

Zebra
08-01-12, 02:33
Right, but how do you remove him from power?

He's gotta die at some point. I don't know how old he is...late fifties, early sixties? So it might still take some time till that happens but who knows. The guy might suffer a heart attack or develop cancer (I know you shouldn't wish things like these to happen to anyone but with this one I'm going to make an exception).

Uzi master
08-01-12, 03:44
NO WE SHOULDN'T!

Isn't a religion defined by what it's followers believe?

Morally wrong or not you can't denounce them from their religion because you think differently about it. Of course this whole situation is terrible, and religion should be as far away from state law as possible; I just find it ironic someone can support religion yet complain about their religious beliefs.

Catapharact
08-01-12, 04:32
Isn't a religion defined by what it's followers believe?

Morally wrong or not you can't denounce them from their religion because you think differently about it.

That is like saying that a speed limit law is defined by street racers who care nothing for it. Your comparison lacks any logical backbone. The actions of a believer who acts in the best interest of himself and totally defies the foundation teachings of his/her religion isn't following his/her religion. There used to be a time where states like Damascus, Islamic Spain, etc. were envied by the world because of the rights they gave to their women in accordance to Islamic teachings including the right to marry who they pleased, the right to lead a household, the right to own businesses, the right to travel wherever they wanted, and even the right to lead armies into battle.

To defile those rights is to defile the core beliefs of Islam and as such these people are NOT following the creed of Islam.

Tonyrobinson
08-01-12, 04:50
LMFAO, They've finally done it, women aren't even allowed to be seen at all any more. What pathetic laws! :mad:

Uzi master
08-01-12, 04:57
That is like saying that a speed limit law is defined by street racers who care nothing for it. Your comparison lacks any logical backbone. The actions of a believer who acts in the best interest of himself and totally defies the foundation teachings of his/her religion isn't following his/her religion. There used to be a time where states like Damascus, Islamic Spain, etc. were envied by the world because of the rights they gave to their women in accordance to Islamic teachings including the right to marry who they pleased, the right to lead a household, the right to own businesses, the right to travel wherever they wanted, and even the right to lead armies into battle.

To defile those rights is to defile the core beliefs of Islam and as such these people are NOT following the creed of Islam.

And what exactly make your views of what Islam is any more valid than theirs? Considering everyone seems to interpret holy books as they please what most followers interpret the messages as is what the religion is defined as. If you're going to have religion you have to deal with people believing differently than you, no matter how wrong it is. Like it or not the group of people creating laws to oppress women in Saudi Arabia is a version Islam there.

I choose not to listen to anything some old book says of course, but I would be a hypocrite if I (hypothetically) supported a religion but declared anyone who interpreted it differently as wrong. I'd be right to say morally wrong yes but I couldn't say factually wrong, since I wouldn't have any facts to back up my interpretation.

It's like an islamic version of catholic vs. protestanthttp://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/popcorn.gif.

Catapharact
08-01-12, 05:08
And what exactly make your views of what Islam is any more valid than theirs? Considering everyone seems to interpret holy books as they please what most followers interpret the messages as is what the religion is defined as. If you're going to have religion you have to deal with people believing differently than you, no matter how wrong it is. Like it or not the group of people creating laws to oppress women in Saudi Arabia is a version Islam there.

But if you create a creed of laws that basically DEFY the TEACHING of a religion (a teaching that is not vauge but is written CLEARLY in the holy book) how are you in anyway following the creed of a religion? Remember; Islam doesn't places the importance of ANY MAN (Prophet, Saint or otherwise) over the word of God, and if you are practicing something that OVERTLY defies the word of God then you are not practicing Islam.

And its actually a fact that Saudi Arabia follows the LEAST practiced Jurisprudence and School of thought among Muslims; The Hanbali School of thought; A system which relies on NO sense of Jurisprudence or Precidence at all but is still stuck in the past with no room for evolution. Its actually ONLY limited to that specific region. So infact, their system represents the SMALLEST VIABLE view of Islam there is.

Well I choose to say that its NOT viable at all.

Eros5th
08-01-12, 05:13
Lmfao!!!

I have an idea! Why don't we just eliminate all women from the planet? Then there won't be any temptation. But wait then men will resort to having sex with other men and that goes against the Torah!

Aggghhhh what a dilemma

lance6439
08-01-12, 05:13
Are these men ever straight? They cover up so much on a female ...

Catapharact
08-01-12, 05:16
Lmfao!!!

I have an idea! Why don't we just eliminate all women from the planet? Then there won't be any temptation. But wait then men will resort to having sex with other men and that goes against the Torah!

Aggghhhh what a dilemma

... I choose to believe that this is a brain fart moment on your part. If it isn't, then goodness you are basically proving the stereotype about Americans being ignorant ;).

The Quran is the Holy Book of Islam; Not the Torah.

Draco
08-01-12, 05:31
It's like an islamic version of catholic vs. protestanthttp://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/popcorn.gif.

Nothing like torpedoing your own argument. The catholic church is notorious for misinterpreting and outright falsifying the Bible and its content to suit the social tastes of the clergy.

Tonyrobinson
08-01-12, 06:29
Nothing like torpedoing your own argument. The catholic church is notorious for misinterpreting and outright falsifying the Bible and its content to suit the social tastes of the clergy.

Amen to that, and that's coming from a Catholic. ;)

I like to think of it as more of a Cult. :vlol:

As for saying it's like Catholic VS Protestant, coming from Belfast I can tell you it's not really anything like this matter if you are believing that and getting your information based on the troubles like a lot of people do, it wasn't exactly a fight over Biblical beliefs more along the lines of those against England's involvement in the country regarding Northern Ireland's history, Personally I think it's all a load of crap to be honest, As an Irish Catholic I'd rather be under British law, the economy down South is ****ed. But that's just my opinion, despite people dying in the past it's a fight I'm not bothered about, It just isn't a big problem anymore. :p

Belfast's problems have sorted itself out, apart from old fashioned households who can't let go of the past and raise their children to hate the opposing religion, I went to both a Catholic and then integrated school and it was barely a problem in the latter, so I think it's a good sign the majority of people know it's nothing to worry about anymore.

Back on topic, in the Catholic religion women are actually glorified which is why there is emphasis on Mary.

Uzi master
08-01-12, 07:38

Yet plenty of people still follow it, you don't hear quite as many people complaining about Catholics take on the bible as you do Saudi Arabian's on the Qur'an. If you're supposed to interpret something at all then there's no way can say they miss-interpreted, it'd be purely subjective. Anyone trying to be respectful of others beliefs wouldn't outright say catholics interpretation is wrong would they?

The only difference is they don't discriminate, well, they don't discriminate as much as Saudi-Islams.

tomblover
08-01-12, 08:14
... I choose to believe that this is a brain fart moment on your part. If it isn't, then goodness you are basically proving the stereotype about Americans being ignorant ;).

The Quran is the Holy Book of Islam; Not the Torah. Homosexual intimacy is shunned in every holy scripture known to man, anyway. :vlol:

just*raidin*tomb
08-01-12, 08:16
What. the. ****.

Ikas90
08-01-12, 08:48
Some governments just need to be overthrown.

There is no hope for them, they will not change. They will not grow up. And they are brainwashing several others, ruining our species.

Thank goodness there are good people in the world who understand this.

scoopy_loopy
08-01-12, 08:55
Homosexual intimacy is shunned in every holy scripture known to man, anyway. :vlol:

Nope.

Nenya awakens
08-01-12, 11:10
I'm surprised they haven't tried to ban women being seen in public altogether.

Spong
08-01-12, 12:26
It has nothing to do with me, it's not my country or my religion or my law. Why would I have the right to cast judgement over any of it?

Mad Tony
08-01-12, 12:28
It has nothing to do with me, it's not my country or my religion or my law. Why would I have the right to cast judgement over any of it?That's a very dangerous attitude you know.

Rosaly
08-01-12, 12:34
:hea:
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/I-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore-meme.jpg

Spong
08-01-12, 12:35
That's a very dangerous attitude you know.

That's a risk I'm willing to take.

moodydog
08-01-12, 12:35
It has nothing to do with me, it's not my country or my religion or my law. Why would I have the right to cast judgement over any of it?

wow :rolleyes:
So I guess you can stay the **** out of it huh.

On topic... Saudi is the land of ****ed up rules where ****ed up people do ****ed up things to girls resulting in their death. The report of the burning school is just completely disturbing. Those guards should be in prison if the country was half sane... the ****ing homicides!

Zelda master
08-01-12, 12:38

It's people not reading what the little green book says, but reading what they want to read...

toxicraider
08-01-12, 12:48
Yikes. :eek:
I have to say, it does surprise me to see women in this country (who presumably wear the hijab or niqab by choice rather than law) wearing very large amounts of makeup yet covering their hair. Maybe it's just a cultural difference, and hair is seen as more alluring, whereas heavy make-up less so? :o
Still, I never believe in enforcing this kind of thing, although since nobody is allowed to walk around naked in this country either, it's not like we have 100% freedom of clothing, but the fact it's so strict and particular to one gender makes it less fair. The fire story is really shocking though. :(

Mad Tony
08-01-12, 13:08
That's a risk I'm willing to take.So nobody has any right to criticize such cruel oppression (I'm talking about more than just this) because "it's their country and their religion"? Where do you draw the line?

TRULuverzz
08-01-12, 14:17
WOAH! Tempting eyes, tempting face, what's next?! tempting viels so they put a law to cover the viel with another viel?!?! that's some ****ed up ****, and they don't accept homosexuality in their country either, covering women up isn't going to help at all! If I had lived in saudi arabia without a doubt I would have turned gay LOL. This is stupid, and nothing like real islam at all, in Egypt woman basically gets most rights and aren't forced to wear viels but it's their choice to wear them or not. I'd say that egypt is probably one of the few middle eastern countries that are more open minded thank god! Extreme Islam must be abolished forever, we can't have them running round brainwashing those poor children to live their lives miserably. I'm not even a Muslim but I see all these sharia laws and extremist muslims as pathetic idiots who will do anything to ruin their religion!

MiCkiZ88
08-01-12, 14:19
So nobody has any right to criticize such cruel oppression (I'm talking about more than just this) because "it's their country and their religion"? Where do you draw the line?
Especially when it is not even their religion, it's the extremist uneducated folk who do their best to use the religion as their weapon finding meanings in where there are none. :/

In a way I agree with spong that it is not my religion, but those extremists who use the power of religion in wrong way should be thrown out of power. They brainwash the innocent folk and turn them against all other religions, hell even if not their own simply because of minor differences.

Laras Backpack
08-01-12, 14:49
Things like this help to illustrate on how arbitrary rules about women's appearance and sexuality are. Regardless of what women (or indeed men) wear there's always someone who'll take it as an excuse to harrass or judge them.

Also, IMO religions should be held accountable and I say that as a Christian. Discriminating against someone because of their religious beliefs is not the same as analysing and criticising a person's interpretation of their holy book. There are very real consequences for women and men who choose not to follow the cultural restrictions of fundamentalists. They are abused, attacked, imprisioned, killed or they lose their jobs, if they're allowed to work at all in the first place.

It is problematic when people from the west analyse the lives of those from very different cultures. But we should IMO help people from those cultures who do not agree with rules like this to have a space to share their objections and their stories.

Check out this recent article (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/28/world/middleeast/israeli-girl-at-center-of-tension-over-religious-extremism.html?_r=1) about a fundamentalist Orthodox group in Israel who spat at an eight year old girl because her clothing did not match their exacting standards of modesty. Luckily many others in the country, including religious, political and secular groups, heavily criticised this and used it as a way to shine the spotlight on the behaviour of the fundamentalist minority.

Tear
08-01-12, 14:58
This is digusting.:rolleyes: I would get the **** out of there ASAP.

Zebra
08-01-12, 15:00
Let's say I open a cult and cut out people's hearts to sacrifice to my rain god, following your logic you would have to tolerate that as it's part of my religion, right?

ajrich17901
08-01-12, 15:02
And they wonder why no one takes them seriously, get with the goddamn times already! All the woman should **** them up in a riot >.> lmao

Phlip
08-01-12, 17:28

As a human, surely you think it's ****ed up that certain human beings are controlling others in such a way. I mean, what do you think of THIS (http://www.rense.com/general21/blz.htm), man? =/

Spong
08-01-12, 18:07
As a human, surely you think it's ****ed up that certain human beings are controlling others in such a way. I mean, what do you think of THIS (http://www.rense.com/general21/blz.htm), man? =/

Doesn't matter what I think, a simple validation like that (or otherwise) in a thread like this means nothing. When it comes down to it, it's not my country, not my rules, not my religion. It's up to them to work out what's right or wrong by their own standards, I'm not about to impose mine.

Mad Tony
08-01-12, 18:29
Doesn't matter what I think, a simple validation like that (or otherwise) in a thread like this means nothing. When it comes down to it, it's not my country, not my rules, not my religion. It's up to them to work out what's right or wrong by their own standards, I'm not about to impose mine.So where do you draw the line? What about things like genocide?

Oh, and as Cat already pointed out, it isn't their religion. It's just a case of people twisting religion and using it to oppress people.

tomblover
08-01-12, 19:10
Nope. I wasn't being literal, but damn near. :p

klona
08-01-12, 19:19
Reading the OP... well that's just too much.
Women in Saudi Arabia already have to cover their hair, and, in some regions, their faces while in public. If they do not, they face punishments including fines and public floggings.
In Islam, it's optional to cover your face.
It's pretty different here in the UAE, well, more freedom than in KSA.

Spong
08-01-12, 19:26
So where do you draw the line? What about things like genocide?

Why the goading? Who cares what I think? I'm no one.

Oh, and as Cat already pointed out, it isn't their religion.

I was covering bases in one broad statement.

Mad Tony
08-01-12, 19:29
Why the goading? Who cares what I think? I'm no one.What goading? :confused: I was just asking, in cases of genocide in far off countries (which unfortunately does happen) would you just sit back and come out with the same thing again - "it's their culture and religion who am I to judge?"

All I'm asking is where you draw the line when it comes to respecting other people's cultures/religions. If it's just a case of doing things that seem weird then there's no problem, but things like the oppression of women in these countries goes way beyond culture. We can definitely judge them on this.

klona
08-01-12, 19:33
Am I the only Muslim here? :p

Chocola teapot
08-01-12, 22:18
My views on this subject have been widely reflected by the majority of replies.

jajay119
09-01-12, 01:48
This is a prime example of why I myself do not agree with (some elements of) Islaam more than other religions. I am aware that as with any religion there are good sides and benefits. However, this is an archaic way of thought supressing women and making them the wrong doer because 'men cannot control themselves'. No woman should have to cover up from head to toe, unless it is her choice, and should be treated fairly as an equal. I know many followers of Islaam have much more modern ways of thinking - particularly in western countries so please do not take this as a slur on the entire religion if there are any people of muslim faith here- but unfortunately this kind of thought is all to prevalent in this day and age for my liking.

Lara Croft!
09-01-12, 02:18
This woman is doomed!

http://www.wherethepunis.com/image/pun/1107/cross-eyed-control-pupils-pun-1312025609.jpg

Sgt BOMBULOUS
09-01-12, 02:20

Oppression of women is probably part of the Saudi national anthem.

scoopy_loopy
09-01-12, 02:54
I wasn't being literal, but damn near. :p

Oh, okay then. :D

peeves
09-01-12, 17:37
Why do women have to cover their whole body in that area? Seriously! :hea:

knightgames
09-01-12, 21:28
I realize we are discussing the absurdity and the total lack of morals regarding the killing of females who are not following strict interpretations of Islamic law, but I wonder how many are aware of this?

http://www.gendercide.org/case_infanticide.html

It's infanticide and foeticide in third world countries like India and China, because of the low value placed on females in these countries.

So while we consider the extremism advocates of Sharia law can attain, lets not forget that other countries have barbarous ideas toward females and their inherent value to society.

tomee
09-01-12, 21:51
Uh, that's disgusting. These people somehow need to get over these traditions or whatever, because it can't go on like this.