PDA

View Full Version : Antony Worrall Thompson caught stealing cheese & wine from Tesco

TR FAN 18
10-01-12, 21:18
http://news.sky.com/home/showbiz-news/article/16145166

What can I say other than "WTF?"

Love2Raid
10-01-12, 22:31
He should go and live in Greece (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=188035).

CuteLilDragon
10-01-12, 23:09
This whole thing is reaaaaal cheesy. (I'm sorry I couldn't resist :p)

The Great Chi
10-01-12, 23:10
Being an American I have never hear of this 'celebrity', but we have had similar incidents in the States.

Usually there is one law for us, and one law for celebrities.

Of course when rich celebrities are caught, we are told they are doing this for either the fun, the publicity, or blame themseves for having such a bad habit, and decide to go to a shrink.

Usually they get off very easily, whereas 'Joe public' gets the book thrown at them for stealing. We are told shoplifting has to be paid by the law abiding customers and adds around 5% extra per annum to your costs.

I wait to see if this guy just gets a slap on the wrist for being a bad boy, or an actual real punishment.

Love2Raid
10-01-12, 23:10
This whole thing is reaaaaal cheesy. (I'm sorry I couldn't resist :p)I lol'ed (cheesy or not). :vlol:

CuteLilDragon
10-01-12, 23:11
Being an American I have never hear of this 'celebrity', but we have had similar incidents in the States.

Usually there is one law for us, and one law for celebrites.

Of course rich celebrities caught at this are doing for either the fun, the publicity, or blame themseves for having such a bad habit, and decide to go to a shrink.

Usually they get off very easily, whereas 'Joe public' gets the book thrown at us for stealing. We are told shoplifting has to be paid by the law abiding customers and adds around 5% extra per annum to your costs.

I wait to see if this guy just gets a slap on the wrist for being a bad boy, or an actual punishment.
I thought you were CHInese with good English!!! :p

The Great Chi
10-01-12, 23:13
I thought you were CHInese with good English!!! :pThat as well :D

CuteLilDragon
10-01-12, 23:15
That as well :D
Chi!!! You can't be both Chinese AND American!!! :p

The Great Chi
10-01-12, 23:17
Chi!!! You can't be both Chinese AND American!!! :pWell put it this way, I started in the Far East and finished in the Far West.

Anyway back to the story, is this cook really famous in the UK ?

He seems to be really hard up just taking cheese :vlol:

CuteLilDragon
10-01-12, 23:19
Well put it this way, I started in the Far East and finished in the Far West.

Anyway back to the story, is this cook really famous in the UK ?

He seems to be really hard up just taking cheese :vlol:
I've sure never heard of him. :/

Love2Raid
10-01-12, 23:21
This guy, he is not exactly poor, is he? He is also well-known, so unlike with 'normal' people, it would make the news. This could harm his reputation, so it is quite a bit risk. Especially when you consider that he could have easily afforded those items. I think he is telling the truth, seeing a psychologist to sort out his mental issues would be a good idea. Of course, that doesn't mean that he shouldn't receive the appropriate punishment for this crime (it's still a crime, although a minor one) first, i.e. a fine.

The Great Chi
10-01-12, 23:21
I've sure never heard of him. :/Ah, so you are 5500 miles away from the UK as well :D

...Of course, that doesn't mean that he shouldn't receive the appropriate punishment for this crime (it's still a crime, although a minor one) first, i.e. a fine.Reading that article, it seems he stole over a period of time, so it was not a one off incident.

Love2Raid
10-01-12, 23:34
Reading that article, it seems he stole over a period of time, so it was not a one off incident.
Yes, that is to be expected when he is indeed suffering from kleptomania or some other issue with kleptomanic 'traits'.

The Great Chi
10-01-12, 23:42
Yes, that is to be expected when he is indeed suffering from kleptomania or some other issue with kleptomanic 'traits'.Yes, in theory he could be suffering from that, or more likely is just one big theiving git, who got caught :vlol:

Tear
10-01-12, 23:47
I can't blame him, I've got sticky fingers as well.

Shark_Blade
10-01-12, 23:47
Would you like some cheese to go with your wine?

Lmao

The Great Chi
10-01-12, 23:53
I can't blame him, I've got sticky fingers as well.Do you not realise your confession has went straight to MI5 HQ in London, and they are coming for you now, so you better hide :eek:

patriots88888
10-01-12, 23:54
Was it at least quality wine? I can imagine getting busted over the cheap stuff to be even more humiliating.

The Great Chi
10-01-12, 23:58
Was it at least quality wine? I can imagine getting busted over the cheap stuff to be even more humiliating.Yeh, he should have got done for taking crates of champagne :D

Can you sneek that lot by the self-check out :vlol:

Tear
11-01-12, 04:35
Do you not realise your confession has went straight to MI5 HQ in London, and they are coming for you now, so you better hide :eek:

I feel pretty safe...

I've got my feet pointed at the door. My trigger-toe is just itching for a fight.

The Great Chi
11-01-12, 17:43
I went through our self check out today and studied the false roof above the machines, and theres more cameras up there than roof :D

I just cannot understand how they let this guy through so many times without checking his bag, and give him a stern warning.

I realise they had to build a case up for him before being accused due to being some sort of celebrity, but you would have thought an assistant would have told him initially or the second time that we want to recheck the contents in your bag to make sure it adds up.

Seems they did not like him enough, and decided to (cook) book him :D

Spong
11-01-12, 18:03
He said he hoped a psychoanalyst would help him discover what sent him "over the edge".

Nicking some cheap plonk and a bit of Stilton is going "over the edge" is it?