PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Actually Believe The Whole "2012" Theory?

hollister
13-01-12, 01:13
it happened in the year 2000.. now in 2012

the world is suppose to end on December 21st 2012 (not sure of exact time of day)

anyone believe in it? what do YOU think will happen?

TRfan23
13-01-12, 01:16
The day will carry on like normal, and many children will be crying on Christmas day, because their parents were too naive to buy them presents ;)

Lara Croft!
13-01-12, 01:16
No, I don't think the world would end. Although it would be interesting.

http://shakingthetree.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/mayan-calendar.jpg

hollister
13-01-12, 01:17
No, I don't think the world would end. Although it would be interesting.

http://shakingthetree.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/mayan-calendar.jpg

dead.

italibabee
13-01-12, 01:18
when I was little I thought it would...:/

so weird this was brought up, I just watched this video lol :D
8hzF3vkmY28

Sir Croft
13-01-12, 01:18
A regular day will happen.

interstellardave
13-01-12, 01:20
Absolute hogwash. The Mayan long count calender goes up to that date, and no further... the end of the long cycle is supposed to be a time of big events, but no-one, not even the Mayans, ever said the world was going to end. The next calender will start right afterwards.

People have just always been creeped out because they didn't know why the calender just stops like that.

One thing really, really, momentous is known to happen on that day: the solar system will cross the galactic plane. Clearly the Mayans knew that would happen--and it's quite symbolic--but I doubt that it will signal any earth-destroying event either.

Rai
13-01-12, 01:39
No, I don't believe in the 'end of the world' theory. Not for 2012 at any rate. The world continued in 2000 - and the computers didn't explode and cause a catastrophe either. The world didn't end in May or October of last year either (or whatever it was called). Look, we're still here! Yay! The world will end at some point in the future. Mark my words. But not this year.

ClassicCroft
13-01-12, 01:54
They say such things every year ¨the world will be destroyed this year¨, it still didn,t happen :p.

Cochrane
13-01-12, 01:56
I don't think anybody believes in it. But a few impressionable minds might still say "but maybe…, you never know…" for no good reason.

patriots88888
13-01-12, 02:09
Too involved for me to give a simple yes or no answer. The following (- the first 2 words) best sums up (some of) my thoughts on it...

The Mayan long count calender goes up to that date, and no further... the end of the long cycle is supposed to be a time of big events, but no-one, not even the Mayans, ever said the world was going to end. The next calender will start right afterwards.

People have just always been creeped out because they didn't know why the calender just stops like that.

One thing really, really, momentous is known to happen on that day: the solar system will cross the galactic plane. Clearly the Mayans knew that would happen--and it's quite symbolic--but I doubt that it will signal any earth-destroying event either.

Mad Tony
13-01-12, 02:30
Can we just have a general 2012 thread because these are popping up like wildfire.

To add my own opinion: nothing will happen.

Legend of Lara
13-01-12, 02:40
Maybe something earth-shattering will happen!

Like, Lady Gaga will become president.

President of what, you ask?

Everything.

MyRaider4Life
13-01-12, 02:48
Nothing will happen, but I imagine there will be a lot of deaths occuring in the days surrounding the 21st.

DgoOdz94
13-01-12, 02:48
Meh, I don't believe in that. If it happens, oh well good-bye everyone. If it doesn't well yay, now to wait for the next wannabe doomsday.

just*raidin*tomb
13-01-12, 03:07
Nothing will happen, but I imagine there will be a lot of deaths occuring in the days surrounding the 21st.
Yes I was thinking about this too. And it's quite likely which is just really sad.

I've already survived Y2K, and those other two raptures that were supposedly supposed to occur last year in April and October was it? Plus that thing in 2003. I think I can survive yet another apocalypse.

If there ever actually is an apocalypse it's going to be a case of the boy who cried wolf and no one is going to care. :p

Tombraiderx08
13-01-12, 03:27
I think something is gonna happen. Probably not catastrophic, probably not life ending, but something.

larafan25
13-01-12, 03:31
I think something is gonna happen. Probably not catastrophic, probably not life ending, but something.

It's likely that as a result of this 2012 idea, whether or not it's true, something will happen as a result of the hysteria somewhere, or people thinking they can do whatever the frig they want.

It's had enough time to build up I think. :/

CiaKonwerski
13-01-12, 03:38
Part of me believes....something big will happen. Perhaps not as big as the end of the world...but some other major event perhaps. :l

TRLegendLuver
13-01-12, 04:47
it happened in the year 2000.. now in 2012

the world is suppose to end on December 21st 2012 (not sure of exact time of day)

anyone believe in it? what do YOU think will happen?

Nope, don't believe in it. For one, the Mayan calender was misinterpreted and the scholars who did so, won't retract what they say out of some misplaced self-righteousness. The Mayan calender said that 2012 was the end of "an age", not the "end of the world".

voltz
13-01-12, 05:57
Like, Lady Gaga will become president.

That's certainly the apocalypse right there.

Melonie Tomb Raider
13-01-12, 06:02
Nah, I don't think anything monumental will happen. :p

klona
13-01-12, 06:57
NA2WEZg_nvk

tampi
13-01-12, 09:37
We have almost a year ahead.
Hopefully that date became the end of this meaningless world in many ways and we get away with so much injustice.

I don't know if this date is crucial. But what I know is that there is often crossroads.
Let me give an example.
You walk down the street. In the distance you see the road close in front of you because a car is illegally parked and takes up half the sidewalk. Suddenly you also see that someone else is coming. Both meet in the place where the car is illegally parked.
I don't know if you live normally similar situations. But me, I always go like.
Crossroads.

Surely, nothing happens.:p

Mad Tony
13-01-12, 09:41
How is this day like a crossroad? It's just another day. No different from the 22nd or the 23rd.

Paddy
13-01-12, 09:43
Lol at anyone who does believe it.

Rosaly
13-01-12, 09:43
I don't believe in such thing as "the end of the world"...maybe some day it will be "the end" but 100 or more years after...

tampi
13-01-12, 09:48
How is this day like a crossroad? It's just another day. No different from the 22nd or the 23rd.

I am not advocating that exact day will be different to others. Maybe, because surely some groups of exacerbations will do so. But I do believe that certain events have temporal and situational confluence.

Is like the: "Boom, paf, pum!". You know?:D

EscondeR
13-01-12, 09:55
I'm with Ben on this one - let's make a general "WAAAHH!!! Dec 21, 2012" thread...

As for the day... Nothing significant, if you ask me... Those who expect a big BOOM will probably hear a distant fart... who knows *shrugs*

Lukass
13-01-12, 10:21
Yeah I do believe that something BIG will happen. I know it for sure. TOMB RAIDER will be released! Yay!

Sharon_14
13-01-12, 10:25
Nope. :)

klona
13-01-12, 11:02
Yeah I do believe that something BIG will happen. I know it for sure. TOMB RAIDER will be released! Yay!

Tomb Raider (2012) :mis:

MiCkiZ88
13-01-12, 11:12
Nope. Just another scare to keep the masses on their edge. What could possibly make more money than scaring people to death and them making them watch hundreds of different documentaries about what it possibly could mean. People spend more when they don't know for certain what is going to happen. :p Just like all these 50/50 deals for cars. Pay one half now in 2010 and the other half when the world has ended... xD

The world could just as well "end" right now. I mean haven't you seen the signs? Illuminati and all... :rolleyes:

digitizedboy
13-01-12, 11:29
http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html

Q: Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?
A: Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar.

moodydog
13-01-12, 11:43
I spent £1million on my underground shelter house last year so when the world ends this year, you'll all be toasted somehow and I will be happily chillin in my under'crib. :wve:

shebj
13-01-12, 11:43
I know what will happen this year :D the water will rise enormously, the Netherlands will disappear ; a part of belgium ; that island of Italy in the med sea will suddenly sink to the bottom and in doing so it will cause a very big tsunami towards New York,

and the sun will send us a couple very dangerous solarstorms which will hit asia and russia;

and not to forget yellowstone's vulcano which will erupt ; and all of this on the same day

now all that's left is starting my own church and collect as much money as possible of people I might be able to convince :D :vlol:

tomee
13-01-12, 11:55
Nope. I don't think so. \o/

I've heard there was a family near me who sold their house and kept saving up money to be able to move to Peru where they can survive te apocalipse. :vlol:

Changeling
13-01-12, 11:58
Maybe if the Mayans weren't killed off by the Spanish, they would've finished their bloody calendar.

moodydog
13-01-12, 11:58
Nope. I don't think so. \o/

I've heard there was a family near me who sold their house and kept saving up money to be able to move to Peru where they can survive te apocalipse. :vlol:

Great I will joint them :)

sandygrimm
13-01-12, 12:00
Something will happen because people want it to happen unconscious. Expect the unexpected. Tis da year of the Dragon.

digitizedboy
13-01-12, 12:09
^ What you mean like some kind of mystic negative world energy?

ultima espio
13-01-12, 13:27
I went to School with a girl that was adamant that 2012 was going to happen, because "The Spirits say so". Can't wait to see her face when nothing happens :D

Legend of Lara
13-01-12, 13:28
I went to School with a girl that was adamant that 2012 was going to happen, because "The Spirits say so". Can't wait to see her face when nothing happens :D

She can't wait to see your face when y'all are dying. :'3

sandygrimm
13-01-12, 13:32
^ What you mean like some kind of mystic negative world energy?

i dunno, just something. All this buzz is gonna make something big happen. Like when you think of your mom and she just happens to call. so m any ppl thinking something will happen. Either they gonna make something happen or just something.

tomee
13-01-12, 13:43
Maybe if the Mayans weren't killed off by the Spanish, they would've finished their bloody calendar.

Except the Mayans were gone when the Spanish arrived. :wve:

Mad Tony
13-01-12, 13:45
i dunno, just something. All this buzz is gonna make something big happen. Like when you think of your mom and she just happens to call. so m any ppl thinking something will happen. Either they gonna make something happen or just something.What on Earth are you talking about? :confused: Something won't just "happen" because lots of people are thinking about it. Remember Y2K?

patriots88888
13-01-12, 13:47
Take note, the forum crier has spoken.

Mad Tony
13-01-12, 13:47
Forum crier?

sandygrimm
13-01-12, 13:53
What on Earth are you talking about? :confused: Something won't just "happen" because lots of people are thinking about it. Remember Y2K?

Yes :D

Mad Tony
13-01-12, 13:57
Yes :DWell nothing much happened then so I can't see anything happening this time.It's not even like most people believe anything is going to happen.

Admles
13-01-12, 14:31
Hasn't this thread been done like a dozen times now?

interstellardave
13-01-12, 14:31
Some inconvenient things could have happened with Y2K... the reason nothing did happen was because a lot of work went into preparing, changing computer systems, etc.

There's no work to be done for this 2012 thing because their's no event happening on that date that we can know of for sure. It's just like any other day... nothing could happen, or a giant meteor could hit, obliterating humanity. Of course that could happen on any other day too.

MiCkiZ88
13-01-12, 14:58
What on Earth are you talking about? :confused: Something won't just "happen" because lots of people are thinking about it. Remember Y2K?
What Sandy is talking about is spiritual level like for an example thinking about of not hearing anything from your mother for a while, and bam, she calls. That kind of connection. But to actually connect with earth or whatever the hell and cause the end of the world, I don't think that's possible. People going crazy.. that's more likely.

I believe there was even some sort of documentary about how people act differently and the chances of something unusual to happen on a special day like Y2K is higher. Not necessarily spiritual, but just behaviour based.

I can't remember the name of the documentary but it was something about flipping coins.. weird.

digitizedboy
13-01-12, 15:52
i dunno, just something. All this buzz is gonna make something big happen. Like when you think of your mom and she just happens to call. so m any ppl thinking something will happen. Either they gonna make something happen or just something.

Yeah, those incidents seems to happen quite a lot. Not quite sure about the other thing you mention though.

tomekkobialka
13-01-12, 16:55
I wonder what will actually happen on 21st December...the world's not going to end obviously :p but I guess there will be some drama, maybe even a mass suicide...:tea:or two

And if something bad does happen (e.g. the resurrection of a Mayan god), then we all know that Lara Croft will come to the rescue. :p

Mad Tony
13-01-12, 17:12
What Sandy is talking about is spiritual level like for an example thinking about of not hearing anything from your mother for a while, and bam, she calls. That kind of connection. But to actually connect with earth or whatever the hell and cause the end of the world, I don't think that's possible. People going crazy.. that's more likely.

I believe there was even some sort of documentary about how people act differently and the chances of something unusual to happen on a special day like Y2K is higher. Not necessarily spiritual, but just behaviour based.

I can't remember the name of the documentary but it was something about flipping coins.. weird.Well what I'm saying is that just because a large number of people think something big will happen on this particular day doesn't mean anything will.

Greenapple968
13-01-12, 17:29
I don't believe it.

strawberry22
13-01-12, 19:49
It sometimes creeps me out. But I don't really believe it. Some theories say we will collide with Planet X or be sucked into a black hole, which seem like the most believable theories. Much better than just saying "The World will end and everything will crash" SEE YOU ALL IN 2013!

Ceamonks890
13-01-12, 20:13
No. As many others in this thread have mentioned, I doubt the world is going to end on 21st December this year. I'm probably going to laugh at the poor gullible people who honestly thought the world was going to end, when the time comes.

Rai
13-01-12, 20:21
Hasn't this thread been done like a dozen times now?

12 times for the year '12 :eek: it's a sign!

:p

Weemanply109
13-01-12, 20:22
The day will carry on like normal, and many children will be crying on Christmas day, because their parents were too naive to buy them presents ;)

This.

I imagine 2012 will be a horrible year for the retail market during the holiday period due to these rumours. :pi:

Rai
13-01-12, 20:48
This.

I imagine 2012 will be a horrible year for the retail market during the holiday period due to these rumours. :pi:

Don't be daft. There will be 'End of the World' sales and peeps will go shopping bonkers :p...to get that essential item that they won't need as it's the end of the world, but who cares, there's 20% off and BOGOF!:jmp:

tampi
13-01-12, 20:59
Threads like this only make feeding the beast. I, honestly, never talk about these things or to be exact only two or three times I've been involved in a conversation about this. Always very superfecial.

Weemanply109
13-01-12, 22:41
Don't be daft. There will be 'End of the World' sales and peeps will go shopping bonkers :p...to get that essential item that they won't need as it's the end of the world, but who cares, there's 20% off and BOGOF!:jmp:

:vlol: Imagine that, who would be daft to buy stuff during an "End Of The World Sale". :p

Paddy
14-01-12, 01:06
:vlol: Imagine that, who would be daft to buy stuff during an "End Of The World Sale". :p

Exploiting a sale for an event that won't happen is not such a bad idea. :p
If they are stupid enough to make a sale based on that then so be it lol

Sir Croft
14-01-12, 03:16
Hey, as long as there's a discount, the companies are the stupid ones, here! :p

Draco
14-01-12, 05:01
There is no 2012 Theory.

drakl0r
14-01-12, 06:16
No, not me xD
A lot of people do though :ton:

ajrich17901
14-01-12, 06:19
If someone actually looked at me and said they believed in the 2012 hoobla, I think I'd throw something at them..as hard as possible.

Eros5th
14-01-12, 06:20
My opinion is that a great conflict will occur which will be necessary for the world to change positively. Sounds vague but I strongly believe it.

SoupCard
14-01-12, 07:57
no

odeshieL
14-01-12, 08:38
I don't really believe that the world will end on the 21st of December 2012, it may be the end of the Mayan calendar but it could also be a new beginning for everyone. Here is another doomsday story I recently read. The atomic experts who manage the Doomsday Clock moved its hands one minute closer to midnight Tuesday. The symbolic clock measures our recognized time before global destruction. Although it had gained a minute in 2010, that time was dropped today over issues of nuclear weapons, nuclear power and climate change. Source for this article: Doomsday Clock clicks one minute closer to 12 (http://www.newsytype.com/). The last time the Doomsday Clock minute hand moved was in January 2010, when the Clock's minute hand was pushed back one minute from five to six minutes before midnight.

Gracious Days
14-01-12, 09:29
If anything close to the "end of the world" will happen, it'll happen because of sheer panic. The large majority of us will still be here, but I don't know how far things will go on the 21st.

Changeling
14-01-12, 11:50
Except the Mayans were gone when the Spanish arrived. :wve:

*facepalm* Point of my post - you missed it.

Ikas90
14-01-12, 17:07
I don't know, not really. However, I'm not going to be ignorant and say that it's not a possibility.

Bumio
14-01-12, 19:34
I've read that there will be more natural disasters at 2012. I don't believe it will end though.

Matie
14-01-12, 20:32
If anything close to the "end of the world" will happen, it'll happen because of sheer panic. The large majority of us will still be here, but I don't know how far things will go on the 21st.

Exactly.
I remember having read that a woman killed her children because of that May 21st rapture (did that happen? NO!). Now this 2012 prophecy is much bigger and it's going to be all over in the media (it has been discussed in TV programmes in 2011 already). People are gullible and will panic and that will surely cause problems...

Pfft even a normal weather forecast website put on a 'countdown till the world's end'-thing - "this number of heartbeats left, that number of breaths", duh!:hea:

digitizedboy
14-01-12, 20:32
It sometimes creeps me out. But I don't really believe it. Some theories say we will collide with Planet X or be sucked into a black hole, which seem like the most believable theories. Much better than just saying "The World will end and everything will crash" SEE YOU ALL IN 2013!

I believe amateur astronomers would've found this planet X/Nibiru by now if it existed.

TheRCroft
14-01-12, 20:35
I don't know, not really. However, I'm not going to be ignorant and say that it's not a possibility.

This :tmb:

LNSNHGTDS
14-01-12, 21:02
Hasn't anyone actually thought that the Mayas just got bored of writing a calendar? They did not expect to exist forever, I guess that 2012 just seemed to them like a day really far away from their time so they didn't really care about what would happen or how many guillable people would lead into doing the most stupid thing they could imagine, like making a cheap(in terms of quality) movie, the best parts of the movie were in the trailer T_T ...

Mad Tony
14-01-12, 21:25
I don't know, not really. However, I'm not going to be ignorant and say that it's not a possibility.I wouldn't say discounting this silly theory is being ignorant. Of course the world could always end on any day, but there really is nothing special about this date.

Linoshi Croft
14-01-12, 22:06
All the "evidence" to suggest it, is fabricated lies. Like I said on the last thread on this why would the Mayans have inscription speaking about the 48th Century if we are going to die in 2012 :rolleyes:

larson n natla
14-01-12, 22:09
Hasn't anyone actually thought that the Mayas just got bored of writing a calendar? They did not expect to exist forever, I guess that 2012 just seemed to them like a day really far away from their time so they didn't really care about what would happen or how many guillable people would lead into doing the most stupid thing they could imagine, like making a cheap(in terms of quality) movie, the best parts of the movie were in the trailer T_T ...

Yes, every person with a a degree of common sense.

Phlip
14-01-12, 22:47

I wouldn't say it's ignorant to believe it's a crock of ****, which is what I think of it. :p

mepsipax
15-01-12, 00:01
For as long as I've been around, people have constantly been going on about some date when the world was supposedly gonna end. And yet here we are.
Until someone comes up with concrete evidence as to why I should be worried, its just another crock of shiz. :)

Jami393
15-01-12, 00:47
I sort of believe in it, because it could be possible for the world to be starting again in December. But if it does not happen then the only thing we can do is carry on with our lives.

Greenapple968
15-01-12, 01:31
So many times you've had people claiming the World will end on a certain date and they've always been wrong. No reason why it should be any different this time is there?

Draco
15-01-12, 02:15
All the "evidence" to suggest it, is fabricated lies. Like I said on the last thread on this why would the Mayans have inscription speaking about the 48th Century if we are going to die in 2012 :rolleyes:

And I suppose you believe that their 48th century is the same as ours?

The Great Chi
15-01-12, 02:28
As stated over and over, its just the end of the Mayan calendar.

Anyway I am going to have my xmas four days early, just in case :vlol:

CuteLilDragon
15-01-12, 04:31
As stated over and over, its just the end of the Mayan calendar.

Anyway I am going to have my xmas four days early, just in case :vlol:
But, Chi! Remember? We're safe on the Dragon Planet! :D

lunavixen
15-01-12, 07:13
i think the only time the Earth will be properly destoryed is when our sun becomes a red giant, then we lose Mercury, Venus, Earth and i think Mars as well, but i'll be well and truly dead before that happens

LNSNHGTDS
15-01-12, 08:09
i think the only time the Earth will be properly destoryed is when our sun becomes a red giant, then we lose Mercury, Venus, Earth and i think Mars as well, but i'll be well and truly dead before that happens

Therefore we don't care :p !