PDA

View Full Version : The Very Best In Cosplay: Meagan Marie

lcroft_lc
17-01-12, 04:48
Found this following article on Kotaku about Meagan-

Over the next few weeks, I'm going to be forgoing the regular "best of the last seven days" thing for Fancy Pants and instead focus on the work of the best in the business.

And there could be no better way to start than with cosplay superstar Meagan Marie.

Formerly of Game Informer, Marie is now employed as Community & Communication Manager at Crystal Dynamics, the home of the Tomb Raider franchise.

But that's not why she's internet famous. Everyone has jobs.
Marie is internet famous because of her amazing cosplay skills, whether it be her picture-perfect costumes, modelling work or ability to really get into character, something so many in the field aren't able to pull off.

The gallery above has a selection of some of her best stuff, but you can see a lot more at her personal website (http://www.meagan-marie.com/).

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/images/9/2012/01/xlarge_004a9cda6486c47147b9673197031662.jpg

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/images/9/2012/01/xlarge_49d923e76fcfe1b69a50a08973f46b82.jpg

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/images/9/2012/01/xlarge_f172af876fef867516bb276a74a41b60.jpg

Source (http://kotaku.com/5876329/the-very-best-of-meagan-maries-cosplay/)

klona
17-01-12, 11:26
Meagan needs to cosplay Lara more. :p

Shark_Blade
17-01-12, 11:31
She does look awesome. :D

Liara
17-01-12, 12:59
The costumes are pretty awesome, but she doesn't exactly look like Lara to me. Or any other character for that matter.

Lukass
17-01-12, 13:28
Nice, indeed. But I'd love her to start working as Crystal Dynamics community and communication manager finally.

Ward Dragon
17-01-12, 13:42
I hate the Legend dress, but Meagan's actually looks good. There are a few subtle differences that make it look decent and believable as something Lara might actually wear (unlike the in-game dress which looked horrible to me).

Unfortunately I don't recognize most of the costumes (probably due to not playing whatever games they came from) but the variety is amazing :tmb:

On a side note, I'm not really sure why the Prince is wearing a bikini, but the Gripfall glove is awesome :D

Encore
17-01-12, 15:50
I like some of them, but one of the things I hate the most in cosplay is when girls dress up as female versions of male characters. Ugh.

[Xmas]
17-01-12, 16:02
Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

Lol, that means :tmb:

Sgt BOMBULOUS
17-01-12, 16:25
Is she a member of the forum?

Ward Dragon
17-01-12, 16:26
Is she a member of the forum?

Yes :)

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/member.php?u=41895

sierra xb
17-01-12, 16:31
Nice, indeed. But I'd love her to start working as Crystal Dynamics community and communication manager finally.

ummm, she HAS been doing that. You're just not looking in the right place :)

MeaganMarie
17-01-12, 18:44
Meagan needs to cosplay Lara more. :p

I'd love to cosplay more Lara, but I stopped because I don't think I do her justice quite yet. I've been working hard to tone up my arms so they look better when pointing guns at people. :P

If I keep with my lifting routine, I've got plans for another Lara costume this year. Nothing related to the new game. The exact costume is a secret for now.

irishhips
17-01-12, 18:52
I'd love to cosplay more Lara, but I stopped because I don't think I do her justice quite yet. I've been working hard to tone up my arms so they look better when pointing guns at people. :P

If I keep with my lifting routine, I've got plans for another Lara costume this year. Nothing related to the new game. The exact costume is a secret for now.You should do TR 2012 cosplay :D

Diablo_Rosso
17-01-12, 18:54

If I keep with my lifting routine, I've got plans for another Lara costume this year. Nothing related to the new game. The exact costume is a secret for now.

Wetsuit. You know it makes sense. :D

MeaganMarie
17-01-12, 19:00

I'm genuinely sorry you feel that way Lukass. Much of my job these past few months has been behind the scenes, planning lots and lots of activities for 2012. The blog, podcast, newsletter, forums, and social media outlets are only the public aspect of my job. If you'd like some clarification on what I do, I posted something helpful here: http://meagan-marie.tumblr.com/post/16017863391/faq-what-is-a-community-manager

That being said, I'll do my best to pop in more often so you guys don't think I'm sitting on my hands all day. I spend quite a bit of time over on the official forums, but the TRF community is very important and I'll work harder at making my presence known rather than lurking about. :)

Rai
17-01-12, 19:15
I don't know who the two characters are that aren't Lara (pictured in OP), but it's clear that, you, Meagan are an excellent cosplayer; you definitely put a lot of effort it. :tmb:

domina
17-01-12, 19:17

I think you look fantastic in your Lara shoots, but I can empathize. Wanting to cosplay as Lara is one of my biggest motivators to get in shape. She's got one hell of a physique to live up to.

But anyway, I love your all cosplay. <3 I can't wait to see what else you have in store!

larafan25
17-01-12, 19:32
The PoP one is sick. :D

Sir Croft
17-01-12, 19:35
She does a really good job, I checked her website not long ago, the Two-Face one is awesome.

MeaganMarie
17-01-12, 19:37
I think you look fantastic in your Lara shoots, but I can empathize. Wanting to cosplay as Lara is one of my biggest motivators to get in shape. She's got one hell of a physique to live up to.

But anyway, I love your all cosplay. <3 I can't wait to see what else you have in store!

I swear my body is allergic to muscles. -_-

I'm excited for my new Lara costume. It will surprise people, without a doubt. :P

dizzydoil
17-01-12, 19:38
She really is stunning and cosplays awesomely. :cln:

domina
17-01-12, 19:47

I'm excited for my new Lara costume. It will surprise people, without a doubt. :P

I have kind of the opposite problem... I have pretty decent muscle definition, just under a lot of "padding," lol.

I'm really excited to see the costumes you and Vampy have been working on. I'm not totally familiar with the characters, but the work you've put into crafting the weapons alone is amazing.

Quasimodo
17-01-12, 20:15

Bacon Lara! :eek:

Sharon_14
17-01-12, 20:21
Wow! Amazingly beautiful cosplay! :cln:

_KC_
17-01-12, 20:21

:vlol:

MeaganMarie
17-01-12, 20:42

Heidi already did it. :(

http://www.fashionfame.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/heidi-klum-halloween-2011-costume.jpeg

touchthesky
17-01-12, 20:44
Cosplay Laras shotgun.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
17-01-12, 21:02
Cosplay Laras shotgun.

Just the gun? A big, walking shotgun, like a football mascot? I approve...

touchthesky
17-01-12, 21:07
Just the gun? A big, walking shotgun, like a football mascot? I approve...

Just the gun. If you wanted you could maybe make a detachable holder..

lcroft_lc
18-01-12, 04:48

I smell Lara in Japanese Samurai costume. :D

That being said, I'll do my best to pop in more often so you guys don't think I'm sitting on my hands all day. I spend quite a bit of time over on the official forums, but the TRF community is very important and I'll work harder at making my presence known rather than lurking about. :)

I know you don't sit on your hands all day. Thanks for doing a great job as Community Manager for our favorite game. I just wish you would be more talkative about upcoming TR updates. :p

XtremeJenn
18-01-12, 05:00
Cosplay Laras shotgun.

I vote for her braid. Just a tall walking braid.

Larapink
18-01-12, 05:08
http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/images/9/2012/01/xlarge_49d923e76fcfe1b69a50a08973f46b82.jpg
The girl looks great as Lara, I'm jealous of her Legend Ripped Dress & Accessories. :o

I wonder if Eidos made this outfit or did she create it herself? Either way I'm impressed.

Ward Dragon
18-01-12, 08:07
The girl looks great as Lara, I'm jealous of her Legend Ripped Dress & Accessories. :o

I wonder if Eidos made this outfit or did she create it herself? Either way I'm impressed.

Clearly she made it herself because it actually looks good :p (All the outfits the official models have worn looked very cheaply made in my opinion)