PDA

View Full Version : Detailed Form of Playing The Series

Steven_1379
17-01-12, 05:49
Just wanted to know with detail how everyone played the series from order and continuation if you got stuck and changed to another one.
for exaple le downe

1. TRC Christmas got stuck @ Rome had to shoot the eyes -_-(it was le time of no internet)
2. Got TR4 got stuck @ The room with fire shadows on the floor
3. Got TRtrilogy played II & III half and half and left TR1 for Last cuz it looked ugly to me and i got stuck @ Vilcabamba when easily trying it out of curiosity
4. Finished TRII and TRIII
5. Finished TRC
5. AOD piece of.... cake :) i have troubleshooting boaz nightmares -__-
6. TRL easy
8.Finished TR1
7.TRA easy
8.Finished TR4 i had played so many Level editor i was ready for the game(but lot a walktrough -_____-)
9 TRU Mexico has so huge but without special feeling idk wthek to do at fisrt but easy
9. LC&GL
10. Ready for TR!!!

Spong
17-01-12, 06:32
I bought & played the games in the order they were released, with the exception of the PC's Gold editions of TR1, 2 & 3 and the Times Exclusive. I played those for the first time after I'd bought/played Legend.

Never had problems with any of the games or got stuck as such, although finding the last secret in TR1 took me nearly six months. It took me nearly three years to find all the treasures in Underworld though, but that was lack of motivation, where's the fun in kicking an endless array of stupid vases?

Sir Croft
17-01-12, 06:39
TR1 ~ TR6 > Gold games and The Times > TR7 ~ GoL

robm_2007
17-01-12, 06:41
The first one I played was probably Tomb Raider 1; then TR2. I don't recall how the rest of the order of playing them went. The way I completed them went like this: L, A, U, II, I, LR, GOL. I have yet to beat TRIII. My save for AOD was corrupted; I was at Boaz Returns, right at the end >.> I have never played C or any of the Golds.

Spong
17-01-12, 06:51
I have yet to beat TRIII.

http://i.imgur.com/Oh4TE.jpg

robm_2007
17-01-12, 06:53
That cat.

I so would.

Spong
17-01-12, 07:03
That cat.

I so would.

It looks like an older, fatter version of your avvie :p

Sir Croft
17-01-12, 07:17
It looks like an older, fatter version of your avvie :p
I'd say it looks like an alive version.

Steven_1379
18-01-12, 00:41
I hated Kurtis so much for acting retarded when killing boaz _-_
HOw can someone not have played TRA! its like tri legend style
this one will be great so far it seem i hope she get like a learned animatyion like a good climber of soething...o.o

larafan25
18-01-12, 00:48
I think the first TR game I played was Legend, if not Chronicles. But it was robably Legend. Played it, died hundreds of times, finished it about 6 months later.

Then I found Tomb Raider Chronicles for PC, played it on and off and sucked. Then managed to finish the game on PS1 with walktrhoughs every now and then. Was ready to enjoy it but I found myself getting even more stuck and aggrivated. Then found TRAOD, somehow sat down and finished it. I can't remember how I did it, but I did it on my own. Then I played the TR3 demo which was actually the TR2 demo but was found via searching TR3. So for the longest time I thought that was TR3. Then I got TRA, played it, found it more difficult than TRL but easily completed it after having troubles with TRC. which I didn't finished until after TRA. Then I got TR1 for PS1, and didn't like it much. It was exciting to go into the past and to explore Peru, but there's something about it that I just can't get into. I then decided to download TR4 off of PSN and take on the challenge of...well...TR4. TR4 felt right, I managed to understand the game and it's logic and I didn't need too much help from walkthroughs. I also purchases TR3 from PSN which I just wasn't fond of. Mainly London. Of course before managing to get even near the end of TR4 or any of the classics, TRU came out and I played and beat it, then GOL.

Killercowz
18-01-12, 00:53
^ Wait so you though TR4 "felt right" but TRL took you 6 months to complete? o.O

larafan25
18-01-12, 00:59
^ Wait so you though TR4 "felt right" but TRL took you 6 months to complete? o.O

Yeah.

Before I really hadn't played many games, aside from Final Fantasy and Jak and Daxter which I found considerably easier than TRL.

Mainly because in TRL you have to steer a motorcycle while shooting at enemies, shoot at enemies while moving around, and the boss battles required strategy. Which I found more difficult than anything I had played before.

But by the time it came to TR4 I was ...more experienced I guess.

xXhayleyroxXx
18-01-12, 01:04
I played a little bit of Tomb Raider 2, liked it, and decided to not finish it and play them all in order xD (missing out tr4).

Gracious Days
18-01-12, 01:04
I started with Legend, then continued with Anniversary and then with Underworld. After that I played TR II, but I don't think I appreciated it as much as I could've because I was so excited to play TR III right after that I rushed it a little bit. When I did get to TR III I knew I had saved the best for last.

Steven_1379
18-01-12, 13:01
heh and i thought i had a weird order :P
the thing is i don't like reading walk troughs i like figuring it out but if its too hard i get mad ;/ and have to read ...huh

benjamin_2010
18-01-12, 18:54
I played TR2 on a demo disk that came with my PS1, and then got TR1 for my birthday, and was so confused because she didn't have a braid. And I didn't like it as well as TR2. I think I got stuck somewhere in Caves (or was too scared to continue).

I got TR2 for xmas and was confused because she wasn't in Venice like I thought she would be. The Great Wall was far too great for me and I don't think I got very far for a long time.

I got TR4 for xmas as well and thought the young Lara story was cool. I remember getting stuck at the part where you are supposed to just hop down to where all the water is (near the beginning). I didn't want Lara to die from falling. D:

I got TR3 at some point and I remember dying after you pull the switch in the tree on the first level, because the boulder comes down the hill and I couldn't figure out how to get away from it. lol. I was so inept.

TR5 I got stuck at some point in Streets of Rome because I could hear a dog barking, and I didn't want it to come around a corner and scare me so I just stopped playing it for a while.

Eventually I discovered cheat codes and proceeded to play about 25% of all five games combined haha. :ton: and that is my long ass story.

sheepman23
18-01-12, 20:41
About 8 years ago I played TR1 for the first time, although I'm pretty sure I had played The Great Wall of TR2 a few times before.

I proceeded to play each of the classics, although for some reason I think I went with Chronicles before The Last Revelation... don't ask me why, I just did. :p In 2003 or 4 I got AoD, then obviously Legend in 2006, Anniversary in 2007, and then I got the dreadful PS2 version of Underworld in 2009. :pi:

This year I finally got my hands on the Gold games (which are all pretty awesome, by the way :D), and the 360 version of Underworld. So, aside from GoL, I'm caught up with the series, and ready for TR 2012 later this year. :tmb:

Rai
18-01-12, 21:11
When my son got his PS1 I decided to go looking for this game I'd heard of: Tomb Raider. This would have been around 2001. I found Tomb Raider Chronicles (in a bargain bin), but couldn't work it out. So went back to the shop and asked if there were more TR games. I found TRs 1 and 2 to start with and followed through with the rest in order. In the meantime AoD was released, but I didn't play it until I'd played the others.

tomekkobialka
18-01-12, 21:11
1. Got TR4 from my cousin, played it...
2. Invested a few shares into Eidos...gained 100? Thereabouts. :D
3. Played TRLA demo from some PC magazine CD...
4. Got TR3 for PS1 after going to car-boot sale -literally got something like 40 PS1 games for a little over 5. (among which was TR3 ;) )
5. Finished TR4, played it again.
6. Not finished TR4 yet...played TR3 again about 5 times :D
7. Got TRL, finished it in two sittings :p then replayed about 100 times
8. Got TRA, played it, then replayed about 5 times
9. Played TR1 (and finished)
10. TRU - finished once, then wanted to replay but realised I could do nothing to prevent my eyelids from closing after Thailand :ton:
11. TR1 Expert's Challenge!
12. Started playing TR4 again a few months ago, but then quit because I was busy, planning to replay TR4 in FULL after TR2 Expert's Challenge! :jmp:

.snake.
18-01-12, 22:56
I played TR2 on a demo disk that came with my PS1, and then got TR1 for my birthday, and was so confused because she didn't have a braid. And I didn't like it as well as TR2. I think I got stuck somewhere in Caves (or was too scared to continue).

I got TR2 for xmas and was confused because she wasn't in Venice like I thought she would be. The Great Wall was far too great for me and I don't think I got very far for a long time.

I got TR4 for xmas as well and thought the young Lara story was cool. I remember getting stuck at the part where you are supposed to just hop down to where all the water is (near the beginning). I didn't want Lara to die from falling. D:

I got TR3 at some point and I remember dying after you pull the switch in the tree on the first level, because the boulder comes down the hill and I couldn't figure out how to get away from it. lol. I was so inept.

TR5 I got stuck at some point in Streets of Rome because I could hear a dog barking, and I didn't want it to come around a corner and scare me so I just stopped playing it for a while.

Eventually I discovered cheat codes and proceeded to play about 25% of all five games combined haha. :ton: and that is my long ass story.

you should really play "Amnesia: The Dark Descent". I think it would work wonders for you.

benjamin_2010
19-01-12, 00:15
you should really play "Amnesia: The Dark Descent". I think it would work wonders for you.

I watched bits and pieces of a video just now. I'm guessing it's scary but I didn't watch it long enough to see anything?

Ora Dagger
19-01-12, 00:21
how on earth do you all remember all of that? O_O"

- rented Tr2
-bought Tr1
-rented Tr3
-bought Tr2
-Tr4 as Christmas present
-bought Tr3
-rented Tr5
-rented AOD
-bought AOD