PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Title Theme from Tomb Raider Series

Mytly
17-01-12, 12:15
What's your favourite title theme from the Tomb Raider Series?

Poll requested by tomekkobialka.

TRULuverzz
17-01-12, 12:28
Angel of Darkness, It was like the first tomb raider game I ever heard, on the commercial basically and I wanted to have it! <3

EDIT: If you meant soundtrack, then TR1 defo comes first <3

sandygrimm
17-01-12, 12:28
Aod

Scorpio1991
17-01-12, 12:34
Angel of Darkness

StefanJ94
17-01-12, 12:37
Angel of Darkness :p

Laras Boyfr.
17-01-12, 12:38
Angel of Darkness and no one can tell me it wasn't good :mad:

irishhips
17-01-12, 12:39
Tomb Raider Legend

RAID
17-01-12, 12:42
Tomb Raider 1.

Liara
17-01-12, 12:51
'Title theme' as in music, right? For a second there I thought we were supposed to vote which main menu we like the best. :D

Anyway, I voted for TR1. AoD has a phenomenal score, but I had to go with TR1 because it's just so simple yet so iconic. It gets me misty every time I hear it.

tomblover
17-01-12, 12:53
TR3, but AOD gets an honorable mention. <3

klona
17-01-12, 12:54
1st place: TRL
2nd place: TR1
3rd place: TRAOD

Greenapple968
17-01-12, 13:02
UnderWorld.

Shark_Blade
17-01-12, 13:02
Nothin beats the original. Aod came close - didn't like the main theme much but Dance of the Lux Veritatis is beyond epic.

ajrich17901
17-01-12, 13:04
The original 1996 theme, everytime I hear it the song sends chills through me. No other game song has done that.
Second fav is AOD, then TR3.

Jami393
17-01-12, 13:06
For me it has to be TRA then TR1, they are both good themes to me.

Afonya
17-01-12, 13:28
The original 1996 theme, everytime I hear it the song sends chills through me. No other game song has done that.

This, definitely.

But I also love TR3 theme because it gives me a nostalgic feeling.

Lukass
17-01-12, 13:32
Tomb Raider III

peeves
17-01-12, 13:45
Tomb Raider 3

jackali
17-01-12, 13:53
AoD. The LSO really did justice to Tomb Raider with that.

klona
17-01-12, 14:14
TRL for me.
Best theme ever.
EDIT: lol, did I just post again? :vlol:

Nemo_91
17-01-12, 14:26
Angel of Darkness.

klona
17-01-12, 14:31
Nothin beats the original. Aod came close - didn't like the main theme much but Dance of the Lux Veritatis is beyond epic.

It was epic indeed! :eek:

Ora Dagger
17-01-12, 14:40
Tr3

Diablo_Rosso
17-01-12, 14:56
TR3 for me.

musicmaestro10
17-01-12, 15:27
Viva l'anniversaire!

tr fan 4 ever
17-01-12, 15:29
Angel of Darkness!!

TRL2009
17-01-12, 15:31
TRL! It's Epicness could not be described!! AOD was to long and slow and TR1 Was To Simple lol Honarable mention to TR2

[Xmas]
17-01-12, 15:35
TRL. I don't even know why. I just... remember the excitement when I heard it for the first time :)

peeves
17-01-12, 15:46
Mod edit: unnecessary and rude post removed.

Gabi
17-01-12, 15:50
Peeves, that post was completely unnecessary and also rude.
If you are in a foul mood it might be a good idea to stay off the forums for a while until you feel better.

For me it has to be TR1.

Anja
17-01-12, 15:53
Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness ofc. It's just the best:jmp:

Saman
17-01-12, 15:58
With respect to all titles of Tomb Raider games, my pick is would be Tomb Raider Anniversary.

A fantastic game for me, I have great memories from this game!

MrBear
17-01-12, 16:20
Tomb Raider 1. Numeral and simple. The simpler the better.

'Title theme' as in music, right? For a second there I thought we were supposed to vote which main menu we like the best. :D
(...)

D'oh! I misread it as 'favourite title' and voted for The Last Revelation... I realised my mistake immediately afterwards, but at least I wasn't the only one being momentarily confused :p

Hmm, title theme, then? This is much harder. Luckily my mis-vote means I don't have to choose a definitive personal favourite, so I'll be lukewarm and say it's either Tomb Raider 1 or 3. (Only Sith deal in absolutes, after all :pi:)

Edit: should add, though, that I haven't played Angel of Darkness. Based on its many votes, I should probably give its main theme a listen :)

a_pok
17-01-12, 16:46
AoD <3

the ancient
17-01-12, 17:47
Adventures of Lara Croft is nice :)

AoD sounds so dramatic :p

Legend of Lara
17-01-12, 17:50
AoD. TR1 and TRL deserve special mentions.

TR1 because nostalgia.
TRL because pretty.

jarekhanzelka
17-01-12, 17:50
Tr3.

Reggie
17-01-12, 17:51
TR1 but TR:AOD's was awesome too.

Tombraiderx08
17-01-12, 17:52
It was a close call between TR3 and AOD, but TR3 ftw! :tmb:

Rai
17-01-12, 17:55
Title theme?

TRfan23
17-01-12, 17:58
I can't decide from the first three :o

^ The Main Theme from each game ;)

Rai
17-01-12, 18:00
Music theme? Humour me here, I'm verrry tired :p

Nemo_91
17-01-12, 18:00
Music theme? Humour me here, I'm verrry tired :p

Yep.

KurtisLonely
17-01-12, 18:01
AoD > TR1 >TR3 >Legend

Mad Tony
17-01-12, 18:02
Tomb Raider 2 just edges it for me. 1 and 3 are also very good.

Can't understand why AoD is so far ahead though. :confused:

Rai
17-01-12, 18:03
Yep.

Oh okay and thanks. Uh, now I have to youtube them all. That's like work :pi: I'll edit this when I've reminded myself on what they sound like.

Edit: I liked Legend's, Anniversary's and Last Revelation's best. Not sure which to pick.

Edit 2: chose Last Revelation.

Dingaling
17-01-12, 19:33
Tomb Raider 2 just edges it for me. 1 and 3 are also very good.

Can't understand why AoD is so far ahead though. :confused:

Although the gameplay for many is below par; the music for the entire series but for AOD especially was very highly praised. The AOD theme isn't just a music theme it's a journey through the game's story and hints heavily at all the emotions that take place (from a story POV not gamer's :p). I think, for a lot of people, that's why the resonate with it more even if they don't necessarily realise it - it has more meaning than any of the other themes. It also sounds really pretty which helps too.

Mad Tony
17-01-12, 19:35
Although the gameplay for many is below par; the music for the entire series but for AOD especially was very highly praised. The AOD theme isn't just a music theme it's a journey through the game's story and hints heavily at all the emotions that take place (from a story POV not gamer's :p). I think, for a lot of people, that's why the resonate with it more even if they don't necessarily realise it - it has more meaning than any of the other themes. It also sounds really pretty which helps too.The AoD theme is alright but to me it's not a patch on the first three themes.

peeves
17-01-12, 19:37
The AoD theme is alright but to me it's not a patch on the first three themes.

TR6 ain't no patch of the first 3 games but it's still very good music theme. It's my 2nd favorite theme behind TR3. 3rd would be TR1 then TR2 then TR4.

Cali
17-01-12, 19:39
AoD was the very first one that came to mind. I love it!! <3

*But I also loved TR4 ;___;

dizzydoil
17-01-12, 19:40
Tomb Raider Legend without a doubt. Music in that game is beyond words.

Tiddlyfish13
17-01-12, 19:42
I chose Last Revelation, although that game annoys the **** out of me, it definitely has the best music :D

Seriously though... Check it :pi:

And Angel Of Darkness was right behind it. But LR just has a certain feel to it that AOD doesn't.... :)

Zelda master
17-01-12, 19:43
Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness

Insanely good orcastra work and a composer that knows how to make good music, to bad Crystal never hired to let him do the music for their trilogy. Would have improved it quite a bit just on that alone :p

Avalon SARL
17-01-12, 19:44
OMG, I misread the thread thinking it was about the best game and voted for TR4. However AOD is my favorite theme

SirPlagueRat
17-01-12, 19:44
AoD, followed by TR4. :D

Dingaling
17-01-12, 19:45
The AoD theme is alright but to me it's not a patch on the first three themes.

Obviously what I said isn't going to be true for everyone but, for me, the overall quality and meaning behind it puts it light years ahead of the other themes. Every theme though has its own great quality and I love them all but AOD has that incredible quality that I can listen to it again and again. If you take the AOD theme out of context and placed it in its own space it would tell a story; if you took the other themes out they would give you exactly that: a theme - a sound or idea of what's going on but not a story.

Obviously its each to their own though :p.

jonathanrij
17-01-12, 20:01
That is quite a tough decision. Honestly, picking only one out of the first 6 games (apart from 5, and I don't care much about Crystal's title themes) is almost impossible. Besides all of them being beautiful, they have their own unique appeal to me.

Tomb Raider 1 because it's the original theme and it screams Tomb Raider to me. Tomb Raider 2 because it's my favourite game and it brings back the most memories. Tomb Raider 3 because of its powerful tone (like the game). Tomb Raider 4 because it succeeds in dragging me through ancient Egypt, in an emotional and hypnotizing journey. And Tomb Raider 6, because of its epicness and the profound feeling of the game it gives me.

At the moment though, I feel like choosing Tomb Raider 4. However, it'll most likely change soon.

Sir Croft
17-01-12, 20:05
Where's the penguin option? I can't pick one!

Carbonek_0051
17-01-12, 20:55
The original, duh.

sheepman23
17-01-12, 21:00
The original, although TR3 came close.

I know I'm in the vast minority, but AoD's main theme really wasn't that amazing for me. :o I love the soundtrack of the game as a whole, but that particular track I didn't find to be particularly brilliant.

Vinkula
17-01-12, 22:26
Anniversary for me :)

skylark1121
17-01-12, 22:28
AoD every time!

TR3 is cool too, though. :cool:

NCFirebolt21
17-01-12, 22:35
AoD was a great theme, but I voted for the Anniversary theme 'cause I loved it. :)

xXhayleyroxXx
17-01-12, 22:37
Legend <3

Shark_Blade
17-01-12, 22:55
It was epic indeed! :eek:*high fives* :D

Legends
17-01-12, 22:55
I voted for TLR cause it's remind me so much of how much I love that game, and it just makes the theme so good. I also love Angel of Darkness, but the game isn't my fav at all, but it still got a good theme.

Carbon
17-01-12, 22:58
I voted for TLR cause it's remind me so much of how much I love that game, and it just makes the theme so good. I also love Angel of Darkness, but the game isn't my fav at all, but it still got a good theme.

Isn't it about the theme? as apposed to the game? I think that's a little unfair :p

Seth94
17-01-12, 23:46
AOD of course. :)

Alpharaider47
18-01-12, 04:27
Legend was a lot of things, and it had the potential to lead into a lot more, but nobody capitalized on that.

In other words, the theme was pretty tight :cool:

Lara Croft!
18-01-12, 13:04
Tomb Raider 3: Adventures of Lara Croft
Simple and to the point.

Crash192
18-01-12, 13:23
Tomb Raider Anniversary <3 I love listening to this remake of the original and it's so beautiful to listen to which is my favourite but the TR:AOD theme just comes in second place as my favourite heh.

(Blacked or white'd out for Stop Sopa ;P)

godmodder
18-01-12, 13:37
TR1 without a doubt. Simple, yet super moving theme!

Luiloo
20-01-12, 15:25
I vote for AoD. TR1 theme also beautiful and iconic.

Soul
20-01-12, 17:27
Definitely the AoD-theme :tmb:

It's indeed epic

Tonyrobinson
20-01-12, 17:29
The first because after all these years it still gives me chills when I hear those opening notes. :)

Spong
20-01-12, 17:50
^Amen to that :tmb:

Don't know why there were any options beside TR1, the rest of them seem redundant, which only compounds my shock at seeing that the AoD title theme (a random tuneless nonsense) is currently winning. We live in a illogical world.

Laras Boyfr.
20-01-12, 18:14

Don't know why there were any options beside TR1, the rest of them seem redundant, which only compounds my shock at seeing that the AoD title theme (a random tuneless nonsense) is currently winning. We live in a illogical world.

Shame on you :smk:

But seriously, you should respect other people's opinion and not diss them.

Anyway, the most special track of TR is this here :D

M-LgTOp_Gdk

Mad Tony
20-01-12, 18:22

Don't know why there were any options beside TR1, the rest of them seem redundant, which only compounds my shock at seeing that the AoD title theme (a random tuneless nonsense) is currently winning. We live in a illogical world.Indeed. My explanation is that although the first three themes are all excellent they're also quite similar, so votes will get dispersed between those three where as with AoD it's unique, although of a far lower quality as you already pointed out.

Laras Boyfr.
20-01-12, 18:30
Indeed. My explanation is that although the first three themes are all excellent they're also quite similar, so votes will get dispersed between those three where as with AoD it's unique, although of a far lower quality IMO as you already pointed out.

;)

xcrushterx
20-01-12, 18:34

You know sod all about music if you think AOD's is random tuneless nonsense.

Mad Tony
20-01-12, 18:34
;)Well done Captain Obvious. ;)

Phlip
20-01-12, 18:35

At least it was done by the London symphony orchestra, and tbh I bet the last time you even heard the AoD theme was back in like, 2003, and that would only be half hearing it, not listening to it.

tampi
20-01-12, 18:39
Tomb Raider 3: Adventures of Lara Croft

Mikky
20-01-12, 19:25
AoD.

The music was really the only thing that game got right. :tmb:

Atlantisfreak
20-01-12, 20:06
Definitely Tomb Raider 2! It was my first tomb raider game, and i remember i could sit for hours straight listening to the theme from the main menu... Good times :p

Rosaly
20-01-12, 20:53
I was wondering between Underworld and Legend and AoD...but I chose Legend :)

Eddie Haskell
20-01-12, 21:42

I also find the AoD theme bland, but I do appreciate the manner and expense in which it was rendered. Overall it does nothing for me really though.

I don't find the themes for 2 and 3 redundant really, even though they are obviously derivatives of the original. However while I think that 2 did not improve on the original in any way, 3 took the original and added a twist that struck a chord with me in a positive way. So I place 3 at the top with 1 a shade behind, and #2 more so back of them.

scremanie
20-01-12, 21:44
Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness.

Larapink
20-01-12, 21:47
I enjoyed all of them, well not all I haven't really played AOD still I keep telling myself one day I'll get to play it. :o

Laras Boyfr.
20-01-12, 22:02

Sorry to say that but this would be true.
If you would give the aod soundtrack to some professional composer, he would NEVER EVER call it "random tuneless nonsense" or even bad in general.

I resepct your opinion guys about the other main themes ( or whole soundtracks being better) and maybe AoD could be the worst of them (which is the opposite regarding to the poll results) but saying that the AoD soundtrack is "random tuneless nonsense" is inacceptable and childish...

Well done Captain Obvious. ;)

And I strike back again :D

sheepman23
20-01-12, 22:26

I think the AoD track is nice, but it feels like they just tried to make it really huge and fancy with all of the orchestral sounds and ended up losing the entire feeling of what made the earlier main themes so great.

I for one think the Last Revelation theme is quite underrated. It, along with TR1 and TR3's main themes, are simply wonderful. :tmb:

Reggie
20-01-12, 22:44
TR2's theme is among the least voted for but I suspect no one who has played TR2 here would say it was a terrible theme. Its the most nostalgic for me being the first one I heard. :)

:}hello friend
21-01-12, 00:22
TR2's theme will always be my favorite.

ClassicCroft
21-01-12, 00:59
Tomb Raider 6: Angel of Darkness
Sounds COOL

DgoOdz94
21-01-12, 01:01
TR3.

While I love AOD's, there is something special about TR3.

Spong
21-01-12, 05:51
But seriously, you should respect other people's opinion and not diss them.

I didn't diss anyone, I said what I thought of the theme and then made a comment about living in an illogical world.

See Laras Boyfr., that's dissing someone's opinion. And you're right, it lacks respect (and underlines immaturity).

At least it was done by the London symphony orchestra...

Wasted money that I think would've been much better spent developing a game that wasn't a pile of arse.

...and tbh I bet the last time you even heard the AoD theme was back in like, 2003, and that would only be half hearing it, not listening to it.

Got the soundtrack on my hard drive, listened to it a few months back. Although I skipped most of it, because it doesn't really conjure up happy memories. AoD's soundtrack, given the despicable game it accompanies, is far too grandiose. It's like having a 72-piece orchestra performing all the music for Big Brother.

Melonie Tomb Raider
21-01-12, 06:05
Tomb Raider 1. Any other selection is blasphemy.

pEhouse
21-01-12, 07:06
I like the TR3 one the best. But I have to admit I did like the Anniversary version as well.

Laras Boyfr.
21-01-12, 07:11
I didn't diss anyone, I said what I thought of the theme and then made a comment about living in an illogical world.

See Laras Boyfr., that's dissing someone's opinion. And you're right, it lacks respect (and underlines immaturity).

So basically you say I offended you and you were plain objective?
Oh well :rolleyes:
I only pointed out what was wrong with your comment, but it seems to be impossible to discuss fairly and nice here.

Oh and you really think you know me enough, to start talking about my "immaturity"?

Spong
21-01-12, 07:17
So basically you say I offended you and you were plain objective?
Oh well :rolleyes:
I only pointed out what was wrong with your comment, but it seems to be impossible to discuss fairly and nice here.

Oh and you really think you know me enough, to start talking about my "immaturity"?

Wut? :confused:
You never offended me at any point. xcrushterx certainly went out of his way to diss my opinion though, and that's what I was highlighting when I quoted him to show and agree with you that what he said lacked respect. My comment about immaturity was aimed at him, not you.

Seems like you completely misread my post.

Phlip
21-01-12, 07:19
Wasted money that I think would've been much better spent developing a game that wasn't a pile of arse.

Got the soundtrack on my hard drive, listened to it a few months back. Although I skipped most of it, because it doesn't really conjure up happy memories. AoD's soundtrack, given the despicable game it accompanies, is far too grandiose. It's like having a 72-piece orchestra performing all the music for Big Brother.

Listen to it and judge it for what it is, not anything else. And since you skipped most of it (for such a pathetic reason lmao talk about taking things too seriously), it is impossible to take your opinion seriously.

Spong
21-01-12, 07:23
Listen to it and judge it for what it is, not anything else. And since you skipped most of it (for such a pathetic reason lmao talk about taking things too seriously), it is impossible to take your opinion seriously.

I listen to game soundtracks because they remind me of the games, certain moments, that sort of thing. I have the AoD soundtrack purely to complete the collection (the same reason I still own the game). When I listen to it, it does nothing but remind me of how bad the game was, and the soundtrack being so over-the-top in production merely compounds that.

Phlip
21-01-12, 07:26
I listen to game soundtracks because they remind me of the games, certain moments, that sort of thing. I have the AoD soundtrack purely to complete the collection (the same reason I still own the game). When I listen to it, it does nothing but remind me of how bad the game was, and the soundtrack being so over-the-top in production merely compounds that.

Then the poll question kinda translates to you "What is your favourite TR game?" if it's about memories and not music tracks alone.

Spong
21-01-12, 07:30
Then the poll question kinda translates to you "What is your favourite TR game?" if it's about memories and not music tracks alone.

For me, TR1 has the best title theme (yes, partly because of the memories it is connected to, but mainly because I think it's the best title theme) and that's what I voted for, simple as that. Show me where it says in the OP that the themes have to be judged on the music alone.

Laras Boyfr.
21-01-12, 08:17
Wut? :confused:
You never offended me at any point. xcrushterx certainly went out of his way to diss my opinion though, and that's what I was highlighting when I quoted him to show and agree with you that what he said lacked respect. My comment about immaturity was aimed at him, not you.

Seems like you completely misread my post.

Sorry, that makes sense now :o
That sentence was directly near my username that why I misunderstood it.

Spong
21-01-12, 08:18
Sorry, that makes sense now :o
That sentence was directly near my username that why I misunderstood it.

That's okay, no problem :):tmb:

Phlip
21-01-12, 13:02
For me, TR1 has the best title theme (yes, partly because of the memories it is connected to, but mainly because I think it's the best title theme) and that's what I voted for, simple as that. Show me where it says in the OP that the themes have to be judged on the music alone.

Saying the AoD theme is random tuneless nonsense is judging the theme alone, and not the game, so, um, that doesn't make sense. You know nothing about music if what you said is your real opinion.

Spong
21-01-12, 13:07
Saying the AoD theme is random tuneless nonsense is judging the theme alone, and not the game, so, um, that doesn't make sense.

No, whatever it is you're tripping on about doesn't make sense. How do you know that the words I used to describe AoD's theme aren't somewhat based on my experiences with the game (like I said with TR1's theme)? Did I not say that it compounds matters, because the AoD theme is overly grand while the game itself is a shambling mess?

There, does that comply with these imaginary rules you're plucking out of thin air?

Atlantisfreak666
21-01-12, 13:13
Tr3 <3

Laras Boyfr.
21-01-12, 13:14
No, whatever it is you're tripping on about doesn't make sense. How do you know that the words I used to describe AoD's theme aren't somewhat based on my experiences with the game (like I said with TR1's theme)? Did I not say that it compounds matters, because the AoD theme is overly grand while the game itself is a shambling mess?

There, does that comply with these imaginary rules you're plucking out of thin air?

YOu might be right if you consider the nostalgy which you have about the game, but I suppose that (almost) everyone else made their decision on here being based only on the theme itself.
Well at least it should've been like that.

But lets make a test: Get some persons who never played TR and make them listen to all main themes. I bet there would be a clear result.

Soul
21-01-12, 13:18
The more I'm thinking about it I have to say, that TR1 is indeed a lot better than the AoD-theme. I love both, but the TR1-theme transports the TR-feeling (isolation, exploration) a lot better for me.

As I can't change my vote anymore I wanted to at least mention it here.

Eddie Haskell
21-01-12, 13:18
YOu might be right if you consider the nostalgy which you have about the game, but I suppose that (almost) everyone else made their decision on here being based only on the theme itself.

But lets make a test: Get some persons who never played TR and make them listen to all main themes. I bet there would be a clear result.

That also would not be really "fair", but still it might produce interesting results. The old tunes are not produced the same way and therefore might not be considered as good simply based on their lower production values. Having gone through the various stages in gaming sounds and music in my lifetime (wav, midi, etc) I can appreciate the music for what it is, not what it is not.

xcrushterx
21-01-12, 13:36

I'm not dissing your opinion, I'm just highlighting a significant lack of musical knowledge on your part if you think it's random tuneless nonsense. Dislike it all you want, but don't label it something it isn't.

tomekkobialka
21-01-12, 13:54
Just to tidy this mess up a little...

The poll is asking you to judge the title theme MUSIC alone, and nothing else. I'm sorry if this didn't come across well in the poll title, I understand why people got confused, but I'm saying this just for future reference.

Also, the perfect, model 'poller' on this poll would judge the music and the music ALONE, not the memories that it brings (ie. no nostalgia references). I created this poll for the purpose of a musical study I am writing, which basically discusses what makes a good main theme and whether complex music is generally more preferred by people than simple music...or vice versa (it's a little more complicated than that, but I don't want to bore you ;))

So, in layman's terms, try and dismiss any connotations of Tomb Raider that the music brings - I just thought that TRF would be a good location to set this poll as so many people are already familiar with the theme tunes of the different games, but I don't want the game itself to make an impact on your voting decision. I'm really sorry I didn't make this clear in the poll description...but hopefully not TOO many people made a biased vote. :)

You might be right if you consider the nostalgy which you have about the game, but I suppose that (almost) everyone else made their decision on here being based only on the theme itself.

This exactly. :tmb:

And this is what I feel like doing right now. :D Obviously it was my mistake that I put this poll up in the most popular TR forum. :rolleyes: I'm trying to find a certain trend, which I'm not going to tell you about yet...:pi:

That also would not be really "fair", but still it might produce interesting results. The old tunes are not produced the same way and therefore might not be considered as good simply based on their lower production values. Having gone through the various stages in gaming sounds and music in my lifetime (wav, midi, etc) I can appreciate the music for what it is, not what it is not.

This is the only 'killer' variable in this poll: the sound quality of the instruments used. There's nothing we can do about this, but hopefully the people answering this poll DO try and ignore this variable. But of course, no one can be sure...

Laras Boyfr.
21-01-12, 13:58
This is the only 'killer' variable in this poll: the sound quality of the instruments used. There's nothing we can do about this, but hopefully the people answering this poll DO try and ignore this variable. But of course, no one can be sure...

Oh you can just rerecord the main themes like you did it with TR3 :D
Would be HQ then...

tomekkobialka
21-01-12, 14:07
Oh you can just rerecord the main themes like you did it with TR3 :D
Would be HQ then...

Oh damn, I knew someone would bring that up! :smk::D

Some other time.....MAYBE :mis:

Laras Boyfr.
21-01-12, 14:19
Oh damn, I knew someone would bring that up! :smk::D

Some other time.....MAYBE :mis:

:ton:

Another solution: We just lower the quality of the newer thems so theyre the same :vlol:

Lenochka
21-01-12, 14:37
Tomb Raider 1. Any other selection is blasphemy.

This :D

Simple yet extremely beautiful. :)

Kelly Craftman
21-01-12, 16:01
Tomb Raider: Legend.

Weemanply109
21-01-12, 16:09
Legend, it lives upto it's name.

larson n natla
21-01-12, 16:40
Angel of Darkness.

Perfect theme.

Dennis's Mom
21-01-12, 16:44
I picked Anniversary. It's basically the original theme, but scored with a depth the original lacked. The original sounds tinny and thin to my ears now.

I also really liked Underworld's music.

Miharu
21-01-12, 19:13
AOD is epic. :jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

Camera Obscura
25-01-12, 04:07
The Last Revelation.

It was the longest and, at the time, the most character driven story yet, and originally the last Tomb Raider game of the series. Thus, I find the main theme full of lonesome sadness and mourning. Even the fly-by title gives you the impression that Lara is about to embark on her final voyage. On top of that the climax had a very powerful song highlighting the impending end of the series. So to me, this theme is Lara's swan song, and no TR game has ever repeated the impact this has had on me.

MdIE4dJcZ4I

X8yAOBRSI9M

sierra xb
25-01-12, 07:12
I picked Legend for one main reason...Ailein duinn. I love celtic music and I heard this one first in Rob Roy. Loved it then as a vocal solo, but combined with the rest of the music in TRL it is just enchanting.

AmericanAssassin
25-01-12, 17:24
AOD by a mile. :tmb:

godmodder
25-01-12, 18:25
I find it really cool how almost every theme from TR contains at least a few notes of the original theme. That proves it's a big part of the TR-feel, no? It has that sound of adventure to me :D

Reggie
25-01-12, 18:34
The Tomb Raider Chronicles theme would have been so much better if it was just longer.

fg4dHqX8nTU

Too lazy. :(