PDA

View Full Version : Strange sounds heard worldwide

Tommy123
19-01-12, 04:11
Since 2011 around the world there have been reports of what sounds like a trumpet blaring in the sky. What do you think this could be?

GZ2ZcmMxehk

larafan25
19-01-12, 04:13
It's scary, but probably something silly or just fake. D:

scremanie
19-01-12, 04:14
Tripod.

MiCkiZ88
19-01-12, 04:22
Once I hear this ill believe it. But for now the illuminati logo bs at the start is enough to convince me its fake.

matrix54
19-01-12, 04:28
The end is nigh.

QiX
19-01-12, 04:29
I wouldn't be surprised if one video camera manufacturer came to public in the next weeks for the recall of one of it's most popular models because of unexpected audio interference during barely silent footage :p

But who knows what it could be? It's intriguing indeed.

just*raidin*tomb
19-01-12, 04:35
It sounds like the audio has been tampered with. And it sounds nothing like a trumpet. Trust me, I've played it for 7 years.

It does sound like War of the Worlds tripods though. :p

And the fact that the poster of the video put "2nd week of January 2012" at the beginning leads me to believe its fake because s/he seems to be "keeping track" of "2012 end of the world" shiz.

Oh and it sounds exactly like audio interference. Like if I have my camera recorder turned on while it's plugged into the tv it makes exactly the same sound omg its fake.

Scorpio1991
19-01-12, 04:36
Sounds like the black smoke from Lost lol

scoopy_loopy
19-01-12, 04:43
Terrifying sound! Presumably fake! But it would have make a great intro to a horror film. xD

matrix54
19-01-12, 05:21
WE SHOULD TOTES MAKE A HORROR FILM! :jmp:

Ok, Justin can play the "tripods". :vlol:

Tombraiderx08
19-01-12, 05:32
Biblically speaking, wasn't a trumpet supposed to sound off in the end times? :S

Alpharaider47
19-01-12, 06:55
Biblically speaking, wasn't a trumpet supposed to sound off in the end times? :S

I imagine that was the aim of the whole thing. Ahh 2012, what an exciting year so far.

shebj
19-01-12, 07:07
worldwide? I haven't heard it yet ; so soooo worldwide it won't be either

Heckler
19-01-12, 08:29
I'm a sound engineer. The bass frequencies of the actual 'horn' do not mach that of the surrounding environment sounds recorded by the camera.. Also mono DIGITAL reverb or at least a crappy impulse response has been used on the horn sound, Real spaces dont have delaying high frequency tails... dead giveaway.

Fake!

;)

MyRaider4Life
19-01-12, 09:26
^Actually, it's not fake. It's a phenomena called "The Hum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hum)". It's been around for quite a while.

sandygrimm
19-01-12, 09:31
there have been even ear;yer reports of such strange sounds. One of the most famous being the rumble under he Ocean. Louder than any whale sound. http://youtu.be/OBN56wL35IQ?t=1m4s

robm_2007
19-01-12, 09:35
I thought this thread was going to be about Celine Dion...
---
On another note, for 2 years of living on campus at my college, I would always hear this soft humming or chime sort of noise. It sounded kind of like the sound a computer might make on start up, or some noise that a magical spell would make in a VG. It was so annoying, as I would hear it in my dorm rooms, in the quad, near the library, etc. But it was always only at night that I would hear it. It was not a continuous noise, but it would make the noise once (for about 1-2 seconds) and then stop, and sometimes happen again later. It drove me mad as I did not know what it was; and I still don't. >.>

Although, a few months ago, I heard it and asked what that noise is to my roommate, and he didn't know. I know that he too heard it as he remarked right after when it made the noise again. I'm guessing it's The Hum or whatever the above wiki page says (although the vids I've listened to are nothing like what I would hear). It was very creepy :pi:

sandygrimm
19-01-12, 09:47
reminds me of this part the big mammoth horn call

QQqRlsYnErY

TheBloodRed
19-01-12, 09:59
Creepy creepy!! Strange trying to figure out what would cause The Hum in a natural wooded area...

Maybe the video mixes actual Hum recordings with fake ones. :/

Caesum
19-01-12, 10:09
Funny it has the same volume in almost every country that was shown there.

Mad Tony
19-01-12, 10:14
Most definitely fake.

Reminds me of this though

JuGRWjTHHxM

That's the music you hear in Cairo on LR.

Assassin13
19-01-12, 10:19
The end is near..

Zelda master
19-01-12, 10:26
See if I care :p

digitizedboy
19-01-12, 10:28
It's the four horsemen of the apocalypse and the seven trumpets. lol

Caesum
19-01-12, 10:34
Someone played Silent Hill a bit too much. :ohn:

There's no otherworld made by Alessa, trust me.

Kiss-Bite
19-01-12, 10:54
Effectively eery despite that it's likely that it's invented...

However, two years ago I kept hearing a low subtle hum for over the period of that year. A few neighbours also mentioned it a few time... but living so close to the seafront always conjures strange sounds and rhythms if one listens very carefully... :)

EscondeR
19-01-12, 11:24
Total bull :rolleyes: Another crap made by idiotic 2012-mayan-end-is-near scaremongers...

Ikas90
19-01-12, 11:34
"Strange things" probably happen every day. It's only now that people are putting so much focus and attention towards them.

Legend of Lara
19-01-12, 12:04
Worldwide? No one told me. >:I

Sgt BOMBULOUS
19-01-12, 13:16
It's Lady Gargoyles reaction to Madonna's opinion of her music. You can hear it around the entire world...

tampi
19-01-12, 13:21
Strange sounds heard worldwide
Sometimes I hear strange sounds when I'm in the bathroom.

Well, some sounds are shocking.
And others produce a terrible panic. A panic over time. They are sounds that can not find a logical explanation.
Two friends had a house on the outskirts of the city. At night, they suffered the affliction of a same and disconcerting sound. Something like the song of a scops owl or an owl, but not like that.
Every night, every night, the repetitive sound began its serenade. Disclosed, they sought without success. Every night the sleeping was broken by the sound. The sound of fear. :cln:

Afonya
19-01-12, 13:22
I just read an article about this today. Like many others I first thought it sounded like tripods are rising :D

I also have heard similar wierd humming sound a year or few back, but it wasn't that loud, plus I was inside back then. I still don't know what it was, I tried to look for the source of the sound, but it was night and no one or nothing was around...and it sounded like it came from above, like it came from the air, but then again ears might distort sounds...it lasted several minutes and was also continuous. Whatever it was, I haven't heard it in a long time. Still an interesting phenomenon, even though the possibility of it being fake is huge.

ajrich17901
19-01-12, 14:01
It's the four horsemen of the apocalypse and the seven trumpets. lol

Yeah I'm gonna go with this :whi::p

It's Lady Gargoyles reaction to Madonna's opinion of her music. You can hear it around the entire world...
Can't breathe :vlol:

scoopy_loopy
19-01-12, 14:11
I just read an article about this today. Like many others I first thought it sounded like tripods are rising :D.

There was actually an article? Do you have a link? :D

TRULuverzz
19-01-12, 14:36
Blatantly fake! Not convinced. :pi:

Afonya
19-01-12, 14:54
There was actually an article? Do you have a link? :D

Well... not a news article actually, I read a writing about this from a Finnish site which lead me to this site:

http://www.ufo-blogger.com/2012/01/2012-strange-humming-rumblings-sound.html

zeussy
19-01-12, 16:43
As Ikas said, lots of things strange happen - and not all of them get put into record. I hate when something like this happens and all the religious people twist and turn it around in the clutches of their superstitious, close-minded hands.

Mad Tony
19-01-12, 16:57
all the religious people twist and turn it around in the clutches of their superstitious, close-minded hands.Generalizing much? :rolleyes:

Ora Dagger
19-01-12, 17:08
...I think it's fake :o

Tonyrobinson
19-01-12, 17:11
It's an alien attack! :p

People really are going over board with the 2012 stuff all over the TV/internet. This will be one hell of a funny year. :vlol:

Chocola teapot
19-01-12, 17:12
Hoax.

Rosaly
19-01-12, 18:00
Never heard something like that...but I think it's fake :p

zeussy
19-01-12, 18:10
Generalizing much? :rolleyes:

I didn't generalise :p It's true, there are certain people who always take the opportunity when something like this happens. I didn't mean everyone who's religious.. Perhaps I should have said "all the madly religious people" :p

tomekkobialka
19-01-12, 18:23
It sounds like the audio has been tampered with. And it sounds nothing like a trumpet. Trust me, I've played it for 7 years.

Right you are. :tmb:

Here (http://soundcloud.com/thomas-kobialka/strange-sound) is a trumpet sound I modified...sounds close enough? :p

CosmoCroft
19-01-12, 19:14
It's probably something to do with the wind. There was wind in all those clips right?

Rai
19-01-12, 19:46
We're all living in a world created by a TV studio - like in The Truman Show. The sound engineers have experienced some technical problems, that's all. Nothing to worry about. :p

I actually think I've heard this sound :pi:

Sir Croft
19-01-12, 19:51
Viral.

patriots88888
19-01-12, 20:54
The Langoliers

The Great Chi
21-01-12, 01:30
^Actually, it's not fake. It's a phenomena called "The Hum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hum)". It's been around for quite a while.One of my friends suffers from 'the hum'.

Sorry to say but the video is not the sound of the hum. 'The Hum' is actually heard only by people who can hear very low frequencies, its like 'the rumbling of a lorry', so they may be in a room and hear it, whereas their partner in the same room does not.

Some hear it only in one ear, others in both. In fact some suffers only have to step outside their house and not hear it, then step inside their house and do hear it, due to the amplification of being within a walled space.

The source of 'the hum' is still unknown, but is worldwide, and it could be natural or man made, we just do not know, but it is not tinnitus, (a problem of noise created within the body or brain), as hum sufferers state that it does have an external source.

Also, Most sufferers only get 'the hum' when over 45 years of age.

Larapink
21-01-12, 01:58
Sounds like the start of the end of the world, the end will be soon upon us. #sarcasm :eek:

The Great Chi
21-01-12, 02:18
Sounds like the start of the end of the world, the end will be soon upon us. #sarcasm :eek:Don't lose any sleep over it ;)

Unless you wake up with trumpets blaring :D

moodydog
21-01-12, 02:24
this would be totally awesome if it were real. :D

But its not. Its just some "natural" buzzing sounds. :(

Mikky
21-01-12, 02:28
I honestly don't care. :p

Trinity34
21-01-12, 23:36
Reminds me of when I used to live about 2 miles away from a bunch of train tracks and at night I could even hear them. You sure its not just trains screaching against the tracks when going really slow? Sounds exactly like that.

Greenapple968
22-01-12, 00:03
Well I've never experienced any unusual sounds, so all is fine in the South of England.