PDA

View Full Version : 30 seconds of extreme mental emotion;

moodydog
21-01-12, 01:04
Does anyone ever get this or is it just me. I am just watching TV, playing a game, lying in bed or travelling in a car and all of a sudden I get an rush of highly intensified, extremely depressing and very uncomfortable mental emotions. I suppose it's like a feeling of extreme guilt, for absolutely no apparent reason. It lasts for about 30 seconds and I get it like once a week (or sometimes fortnight)

Like I said above, it's like the feeling of guilt, but intensified heavily. Anyone have any other experience or know what it may be?

larafan25
21-01-12, 01:06
Yep, but I get the opposite too, like random extreme excitement, everything is in my favor, I'm on top of the world. Then things balance out again.

moodydog
21-01-12, 01:10
Yep, but I get the opposite too, like random extreme excitement, everything is in my favor, I'm on top of the world. Then things balance out again.

I used to get that...

larafan25
21-01-12, 01:13
I prefere that to what you describe.

But I have moments where I just kick myself for any bad thing I've done which enters my memory within this 30 (give or take) second time frame.

moodydog
21-01-12, 01:16
I prefere that to what you describe.

But I have moments where I just kick myself for any bad thing I've done which enters my memory within this 30 (give or take) second time frame.

Yeh, it kinda sucks. I just kinda have to just borrow my head in the couch or into the bed until it stops.

Mikky
21-01-12, 01:17
No. Doesn't happen to me. Not that I've noticed anyway. Maybe go see a doctor?

Larapink
21-01-12, 01:20
I get something similar, but I also suffer from flashbacks that hurt me or bring me back to a time that I regret. Sometimes they don't go away these memories, I have tried to forget but the more I try the more I see them. Then I get the feeling of extreme guilt, sadness & depression it feels like someone punched me in my stomach or a knife to the heart. I don't know why this happens to me, sometimes I am so terrified. In a way I think it helps to talk about this as, it's comforting to know that others may experience this problem too.

moodydog
21-01-12, 01:22
I get something similar, but I also suffer from flashbacks that hurt me or bring me back to a time that I regret. Sometimes they don't go away these memories, I have tried to forget but the more I try the more I see them. Then I get the feeling of extreme guilt, sadness & depression it feels like someone punched me in my stomach or a knife to the heart. I don't know why this happens to me, sometimes I am so terrified. In a way I think it helps to talk about this as, it's comforting to know that others may experience this problem too.

That's why I decided to create this thread. :) You say you get flashbacks, are they flashbacks about a period in your life, or are they just things that could have "potentially happened".

Larapink
21-01-12, 01:30
That's why I decided to create this thread. :) You say you get flashbacks, are they flashbacks about a period in your life, or are they just things that could have "potentially happened".
Thanks for creating this thread. :hug:
They are both of those scenarios, most of the flash backs point to earlier times in my life. But I also see flashbacks from another point a view like how the other person must have felt or the seeing a flashback that happened but in another way like an answer to the other flashback. When I say answer it's never a full answer, it just hurts to even think what it could be. It's hard to explain, these moments happen randomly. I know I'm not mentally unstable.

larafan25
21-01-12, 01:31
Yeh, it kinda sucks. I just kinda have to just borrow my head in the couch or into the bed until it stops.

It also happens with disturbing random things, I think because I have an active imagination, I'll think of ...like...a scene of someone breaking into my house and killing all of my family, and then it will go on and on with different scenarios, just have to shake my head and go "No, this won't happen!".

DgoOdz94
21-01-12, 01:33
Yup, it happens to me more often than what I'd like. I could be all hyper and crap and all the sudden for like a minute or two i just cant help but get my mind swirling wiht with guilt and sadness and anger.

It's annoying though.

voltz
21-01-12, 01:38
I guess I have a bit of a case sometimes when I look back on my childhood and wondered why my future couldn't be any different.

moodydog
21-01-12, 01:39
Thanks for creating this thread. :hug:
They are both of those scenarios, most of the flash backs point to earlier times in my life. But I also see flashbacks from another point a view like how the other person must have felt or the seeing a flashback that happened but in another way like an answer to the other flashback. When I say answer it's never a full answer, it just hurts to even think what it could be. It's hard to explain. I know I'm not mentally unstable.

Yeh, I don't think I am unstable either.
On a slightly different note, not relating to anything I posted in my original post. I tend used to get really angry easily over something that 'could have happened'. For example, If I think about my brother annoying me, I start punching and head butting everything, as if he had just annoyed me (even though I haven't seen him for a few days). I used to take out a lot of anger on my head and I have been strongly advised to get a brain scan. I am not going to since I know I am fine now.

Larapink
21-01-12, 01:51
Yeh, I don't think I am unstable either.
On a slightly different note, not relating to anything I posted in my original post. I tend used to get really angry easily over something that 'could have happened'. For example, If I think about my brother annoying me, I start punching and head butting everything, as if he had just annoyed me (even though I haven't seen him for a few days). I used to take out a lot of anger on my head and I have been strongly advised to get a brain scan. I am not going to since I know I am fine now.
I think when in situations like you have mentioned I think it's best if you talk to your brother about this just explain what he maybe doing to annoy you just tell him to be a bit more considerate to you.

My experiences relate to my childhood, it wasn't a great it was and still is the most depressing time of my life. I wish I could do anything to take away this pain & sadness from me. I wish things could have been different.

moodydog
21-01-12, 02:05
I think when in situations like you have mentioned I think it's best if you talk to your brother about this just explain what he maybe doing to annoy you just tell him to be a bit more considerate to you.

My experiences relate to my childhood, it wasn't a great it was and still is the most depressing time of my life. I wish I could do anything to take away this pain & sadness from me. I wish things could have been different.

He hasn't annoyed me, that's the thing. I just automatically remember something from the past and It feels like it has happened 2 minutes ago. < This doesn't happen as much as it used to though.

Aah, as humans, we have only the capacity to store the negatives, and all the positives get pushed to the back. I think we need to 'manually' push all the positives forwards again :')

Uzi master
21-01-12, 02:07
I used to take out a lot of anger on my head and I have been strongly advised to get a brain scan. I am not going to since I know I am fine now.

Yet you're having short episodes of intense emotion for no perceived reason?

Just saying:whi:

sierra xb
21-01-12, 03:50
i get massive mood swings that make no sense, but there is a very normal reason for it that I won't bother to go into :p (some people don't like me bringing it up)

scoopy_loopy
21-01-12, 05:51
Nope. Occasionally I have a vivid memory, generally a bad one that makes me cringe and wish it never happened. But nothing "unexplained" as OP suggests.

robm_2007
21-01-12, 07:54
I think it's prolly a mood swing.

moodydog
21-01-12, 22:43
Not to raise an alarm or anything, but I just had an episode literally about 20 seconds ago. It only lasted about 10 seconds.

I am not being funny, but watching Harry Potter just triggered it.

Zelda master
21-01-12, 22:56
I always had those moments that I would very excited or happy for no apparent reason, but ever since I got sick this changed drasticly for the worse. It's not a moodswing I've had those more then enough to be able to clearly tell these things appart.
But your not alone on this :)

Greenapple968
21-01-12, 23:07
I get random nutty urges, moods and emotions if that counts.

Gracious Days
22-01-12, 00:38
Nope. Occasionally I have a vivid memory, generally a bad one that makes me cringe and wish it never happened. But nothing "unexplained" as OP suggests.

This is the closest thing to what's described in the OP that I occasionally experience as well. Mood swings can also happen from time to time, but it's nothing too extreme. :o

touchthesky
22-01-12, 09:53
I often feel like crying when I'm at the cinema.

But I already know of my "problems" so :o

Rosaly
22-01-12, 10:59
Happens to me often...
And I know it sounds funny but I get that usually when I'm listening to some sad song :p

dizzydoil
22-01-12, 19:59
Does anyone ever get this or is it just me. I am just watching TV, playing a game, lying in bed or travelling in a car and all of a sudden I get an rush of highly intensified, extremely depressing and very uncomfortable mental emotions. I suppose it's like a feeling of extreme guilt, for absolutely no apparent reason. It lasts for about 30 seconds and I get it like once a week (or sometimes fortnight)

Like I said above, it's like the feeling of guilt, but intensified heavily. Anyone have any other experience or know what it may be?

I used to have these all the time. Not anymore though...it was around the time my parents split up (back together now) but I'd just get this HUGE sense of dread, and panic...I'd sit up right, my whole body would tingle, eyes widen, cheeks sink into my face, I feel sick, feel like I'm moving constantly but I'm sat still. Only way to snap out of it was to look at the floor and close my eyes.

Doesn't happen anymore since I'm not emotionally a wreck, and nothing traumatic is happening in my life.

moodydog
22-01-12, 21:54
I used to have these all the time. Not anymore though...it was around the time my parents split up (back together now) but I'd just get this HUGE sense of dread, and panic...I'd sit up right, my whole body would tingle, eyes widen, cheeks sink into my face, I feel sick, feel like I'm moving constantly but I'm sat still. Only way to snap out of it was to look at the floor and close my eyes.

Doesn't happen anymore since I'm not emotionally a wreck, and nothing traumatic is happening in my life.

For me it started happening as early as I can remember. :(

Lara Croft!
22-01-12, 22:15
Is that where your username comes from, moodydog?

I don't think that I've ever experienced what some of you are describing. The only thing that comes close, is that sometimes I daydream and depending on the scenario I may feel happy or sad. But I think that's for all people.

moodydog
22-01-12, 22:20
Is that where your username comes from, moodydog?

I don't think that I've ever experienced what some of you are describing. The only thing that comes close, is that sometimes I daydream and depending on the scenario I may feel happy or sad. But I think that's for all people.

Not really. :p It was pretty much the first thing that came to my mind when joining. I don't really feel moody when it happens. Ironically, I have never been in contact with anyone else when it occurs. Like I said, it occurs when my mind is occupied with watching something, or reading or playing a game, or when I am thinking to myself. So I have never really had it in the middle of a conversation or when I am actively in a social situation.