PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want to win Super Bowl XLVI?

peeves
23-01-12, 15:06
The title says it all. I really want the giants to win really bad because they're NFC plus tom coughlin is my favorite Football coach. I'll be really sad and upset if giants don't win. :(

Legend of Lara
23-01-12, 15:20
I want Britney Spears to win. I think her newly-started athletic career will be long-lived and prosperous.

Mikky
23-01-12, 15:36
I want Britney Spears to win. I think her newly-started athletic career will be long-lived and prosperous.

Oh, totally dude! Britney for the win! :yah:

interstellardave
23-01-12, 15:53
I have to go with the Giants... although I was a dropped pass away from having my team in the Super Bowl. Then, seconds later, a missed field goal sealed the deal. :hea:

Greenapple968
23-01-12, 15:59

Let's not rule out Father Christmas.

BrandonFlowers
23-01-12, 16:00
Let's not rule out Father Christmas.

Well thats just ridiculous.

Greenapple968
23-01-12, 16:13
Well thats just ridiculous.

Somebody is in need of a sense of humour..

BrandonFlowers
23-01-12, 16:20
Somebody is in need of a sense of humour..

Someone is in need of a sarcasm detector.

patriots88888
23-01-12, 18:05
Do you really need to ask? :p

I have to go with the Giants... although I was a dropped pass away from having my team in the Super Bowl. Then, seconds later, a missed field goal sealed the deal. :hea:

To be even more accurate, it was a well defensed pass broken up by a player just activated for that game from the practice squad. And BTW, thanks for the return congratulations... although I suppose that's your perogative whether to give that or not. :pi:

Melonie Tomb Raider
23-01-12, 18:28
Pats! :D

patriots88888
23-01-12, 18:29

W00t! :D

Eddie Haskell
23-01-12, 18:30
As a Bear fan, I gotta go with the NFC. Go Giants!

Mad Tony
23-01-12, 18:32
I don't really take an active interest in the NFL (although I'll be watching this one) but I'll be supporting the Giants, purely for the trolling value.

interstellardave
23-01-12, 18:37
Do you really need to ask? :p

To be even more accurate, it was a well defensed pass broken up by a player just activated for that game from the practice squad. And BTW, thanks for the return congratulations... although I suppose that's your perogative whether to give that or not. :pi:

What return congratulations? Maybe I missed something? :o

Sure the Pats player made a good play but you have to hold onto that ball, period. Receivers all around the league are making clutch catches while getting literally blasted by defenders and still hold onto the ball... that's what puts teams over the top. Raven receivers need to start doing that, because it's 2 years in a row they've let Flacco down.

I think Flacco played better than each of the other three QB's that played yesterday... and he has nothing to show for it. Makes me mad. :hea:

patriots88888
23-01-12, 18:40
What return congratulations? Maybe I missed something? :o

Think back 2 years ago. :pi:

interstellardave
23-01-12, 18:43
Think back 2 years ago. :pi:

LOL... OMG! Yeah, well my memory isn't what it used to be... never was quite good, really. :(

Yes, congratulations on the win... ;) but it's tough to swallow, you must understand. My team hasn't won the big games at the same pace as yours!

Still I must root for the Giants; I've always liked them as an NFC team to root for... and I can't root for the team I just lost to; although I must say it's really great that it wasn't the Steelers!

LET ME ASK: Do you think you'll beat the Giants this time? They look every bit as scary as last time...

Weemanply109
23-01-12, 19:12

This. :tmb:

Dennis's Mom
23-01-12, 19:41
As a Bear fan, I gotta go with the NFC. Go Giants!

You boys and your Code of the Conference! :D

For me, it turned into who did I not want to win the Super Bowl. That left the Ravens, and now they're out. Now I hope no one wins the Super Bowl.

voltz
23-01-12, 20:26
I'm more interested in seeing Giants lose this year, most particularly so they can stick that belt gesture of theirs where the sun don't shine.

Scorpio1991
23-01-12, 20:30
I hope they both lose, don't care for either team.
Lost faith in the NFL since the Seahawk vs. Steeler incident a few years ago.
Still wanna beat up that referee! :mad:

Bongo Fury
23-01-12, 20:37
don't really have a horse in the race, but i'll be pulling for the Giants.

sheepman23
23-01-12, 21:49
I prefer college football over NFL... so I don't really care who wins, although I'll still be watching the Super Bowl. :D

Carbonek_0051
24-01-12, 17:32
I don't care, neither are the 49er's. ;_____;

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/397873_3107675891830_1262300444_3396593_187724870_ n.jpg

</3

_Awestruck_
24-01-12, 18:31

This

patriots88888
26-01-12, 16:11
Just want to add that I'm kinda surprised that the Patriots opened as 3 point favorites. As shocking as some might find this (coming from a lifelong Patriots fan) I believe the Giants are the overall (offense/defense/special teams) stronger team. That said, I don't believe the Patriots' defense is nearly as terrible as most are saying it is. Their red zone defense is good enough (to say the least), they do give up a good amount of yardage however they don't allow as many points as one might think and they have been playing better over the past few weeks. Still, it will take a top effort from both the offense and defense for the Patriots to pull this one out, but who knows, with that effort and perhaps a bit of luck... :)

Early prediction (just for fun and reflection): Patriots 28 Giants 23

It will be close regardless of who wins... both teams tend to play safe in big games and I can't see either team blowing the other out. The only exception would be if one team encounters an excessive amount of turnovers/miscues/penalties/etc... but I don't really see that happening to either team.

I say, keep the pedal to the metal, don't be afraid to take some chances and play to win (don't play to not lose, that almost always costs you the win).

ShadyCroft
26-01-12, 16:14
I didnt follow the NFL season, but it was always enjoyable to go to Buffalo Wild Wings and munch on ribs while watching football fans with their Bud light or whatchamacallit beers and yell at the screen lol!

so now that Im in the US, Imma do what Americans do and join in the Super Bowl craziness.
And I dont know anything about the teams, but am going with NY Giants, just cause I like the name :vlol:

GO Giants!

voltz
26-01-12, 22:44
Go home, YANKEE!

benjamin_2010
26-01-12, 23:48
I just want Indianapolis to prosper from it. :)

Trinity34
27-01-12, 00:43
Are the commercials out yet? Aren't there previews of the commercials? Well since all the teams I was supporting in the AFC lost.....does not really matter to me who wins.

MattTR
27-01-12, 01:23
I'm not a sports guy.. :whi:

Not rooting for a particular team, but I'll probably end up watching it, plus the commercials are fun. :p

knightgames
30-01-12, 15:26
Just want to add that I'm kinda surprised that the Patriots opened as 3 point favorites. As shocking as some might find this (coming from a lifelong Patriots fan) I believe the Giants are the overall (offense/defense/special teams) stronger team. That said, I don't believe the Patriots' defense is nearly as terrible as most are saying it is. Their red zone defense is good enough (to say the least), they do give up a good amount of yardage however they don't allow as many points as one might think and they have been playing better over the past few weeks. Still, it will take a top effort from both the offense and defense for the Patriots to pull this one out, but who knows, with that effort and perhaps a bit of luck... :)

Early prediction (just for fun and reflection): Patriots 28 Giants 23

It will be close regardless of who wins... both teams tend to play safe in big games and I can't see either team blowing the other out. The only exception would be if one team encounters an excessive amount of turnovers/miscues/penalties/etc... but I don't really see that happening to either team.

I say, keep the pedal to the metal, don't be afraid to take some chances and play to win (don't play to not lose, that almost always costs you the win).

The defense for tha Pats has been much aligned this year. It's almost to the point it seems reporters are too lazy to look at the stats and just parrot what's been said by everyone else. Their defensive line has become a line of strength - something they lacked after a few years absense. Their linebackers hold their own when they're not tasked to do multiple things like break into coverage because the DBs have trouble covering. With a strong front line the LBs can concentrate on what they are supposed to do.Ninkovich has been a good rusher and gets to the QB effectively enough. I'd still like the LBs to be able to cover that 7 - 8 yard box. Seems that's they're defensive weak spot. With the LBs being healthy now, Chung (#25 DB) and McCourty changing to Safety the defense as strengthened. The DBs should be hitting them at the line (IMO) to knock the receivers off of their routes.

It's embarrassing to see Denver score 17 points in a quarter and a half. I hide my face when I saw Buffalo score 21 in less than a half. But for the defense to totally shut down both teams in the second half is an enigma to me. Yet they did it!

The Pats' three losses came with close scores. Had Brady not been errant on a few throws in either the Giants, Steelers, and Buffalo's first meeting they could be 16 - 0 again. We lost all three games by an average of 5 points. 1 TD. The defense kept them in every game this year.

The Defense SMOKED Denver and pinned Tebow back 14 times....including 5(?) sacks. Last week against the Ravens the Pats lost the ball on two turnovers and the defense only gave up 6 points - 2 field goals.

Dante Scarnecchia has done a fantastic job coaching the offensive line. Working on their third center, and most of the line out at any one time they've done quite well. Keep Brady upright. Run the ball. And for god's sake since it's probably Kevin Faulk's last year, get him a TD!!!!!!!!

The Giant's defense is fast. I'm talking cheetah fast. Cheetah with a rocket booster fast. ;) Even still I'm not too keen on their offensive power to over come the Pats' offense. Sure their D stopped Green Bay, and not to take anything away from the G Men, but Green Bay was in a real strange situation. The Offensive Co-ordinator's son died earlier in the week. I'm sure that made an indullible mark on the whole team.

PATS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!! 31 - 24

TRLegendLuver
30-01-12, 16:29
I don't like either, but the Giants for me. I can't stand the Patriots. Them cheating quite a few times and the fact their coach last time during the Superbowl couldn't handle losing and had to throw a tantrum and not be professional, kicked them further out the door for me.

patriots88888
30-01-12, 16:30
I don't like either, but the Giants for me. I can't stand the Patriots. Them cheating quite a few times and the fact their coach last time during the Superbowl couldn't handle losing and had to throw a tantrum and not be professional, kicked them further out the door for me.

Okay, I can understand the not liking Belichick *not many besides Patriots fans do) but cheating? Where are you getting this misinformation from?

TRLegendLuver
30-01-12, 16:36
Okay, I can understand the not liking Belichick *not many besides Patriots fans do) but cheating? Where are you getting this misinformation from?

A coach speaks a lot for his team, don't forget that. And as much as I'd love to find all the links to the games where they've been caught cheating, I'd rather not (too damn tired to). It's known. I used to be fans of them way back until they were caught cheating.

Nevermind, it was pretty easy to find just a few of the many:
http://www.spiritof12.com/showthread.php?470-Patriots-Caught-Cheating
(Although this just a person on a forum informing through an news article that they were caught cheating.)
http://www.stampedeblue.com/2010/7/3/1551025/patriots-might-have-been-caught
http://www.broowaha.com/articles/2291/new-england-patriots-caught-cheating-
http://football.about.com/b/2007/09/11/patriots-caught-cheating.htm
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/10348383

You'd obviously having to be turning a blind eye to know they are major rule breakers. There's so much of it in their history.

patriots88888
30-01-12, 16:42
A coach speaks a lot for his team, don't forget that. And as much as I'd love to find all the links to the games where they've been caught cheating, I'd rather not (too damn tired to). It's known. I used to be fans of them way back until they were caught cheating.

Nevermind, it was pretty easy to find just a few of the many:
http://www.spiritof12.com/showthread.php?470-Patriots-Caught-Cheating
(Although this just a person on a forum informing through an news article that they were caught cheating.)
http://www.stampedeblue.com/2010/7/3/1551025/patriots-might-have-been-caught
http://www.broowaha.com/articles/2291/new-england-patriots-caught-cheating-
http://football.about.com/b/2007/09/11/patriots-caught-cheating.htm
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/10348383

You'd obviously having to be turning a blind eye to know they are major rule breakers. There's so much of it in their history.

All speculation and none of which that has been substantiated by anyone that matters (the NFL's commissioners office). So it's all nothing more than heresay as far as I'm concerned.

TRLegendLuver
30-01-12, 16:42
All speculation and none of which that has been substantiated by anyone that matters (the NFL's commissioners office). So it's all nothing more than heresay as far as I'm concerned.

You have Patriots in your name, of course you're going to defend them 'till death! :p

And there have been some that went to the NFL Comm. Office. Just look it up.

patriots88888
30-01-12, 16:48
You have Patriots in your name, of course you're going to defend them 'till death! :p

I realize that but nothing ever came of it... aka a waste of the commish's time. I also know there have been ex-coaches (Mangini - Jets) who have grudges to bear so it's not at all surprising to me that these speculations exist, but until anything is substantiated, that is all they are... just speculation.

TRLegendLuver
30-01-12, 16:50
I realize that but nothing ever came of it... aka a waste of the commish's time. I also know there have been ex-coaches (Mangini - Jets) who have grudges to bear so it's not at all surprising to me that these speculations exist, but until anything is substantiated, that is all they are... just speculation.

Like I said, you have their name in your username, at this point, I can understand your blind eye. :p

Anyways, I said who I was for and why I wasn't for the other team. Point of the thread done. :)

patriots88888
30-01-12, 16:53
Like I said, you have their name in your username, at this point, I can understand your blind eye. :p

Well, you believe what you want but just for the sake of the record, I'm the first to admit any flaws or faults that the team may have (if they actually exist)... just look at my prior posts to see that.

Anyways, I said who I was for and why I wasn't for the other team. Point of the thread done. :)

Indeed!

knightgames
30-01-12, 17:02

And yet they manage to go 16 and 0 in the very same regular season that they were caught 'cheating' with a worse defense than they had when they won the Superbowls. Surely, after Mangini made his accusations the Patriots were the most watched team in the league. How'd they manage that? How have they managed to stay winners after five years? Even without Brady in 08 they only missed the playoffs by one game. They were 14 - 2 last year. 13 - 3 this year. I'd like to hear the explanation of how they maintained their records if they were cheating?

But then again, the NFL is fixed. If it weren't for Kraft working out a deal (when his wife Myra was dieing with cancer) during the football walk-out, there may have been no season. NFL will give the sympathy vote to the Pats because of Myra's death and thanks to Robert Kraft.***

*** Just giving ammo to the haters. ;)

AmericanAssassin
30-01-12, 17:14
I just want Indianapolis to prosper from it. :)
The city is crazy right now. I went down there two days ago and it was pure madness. Insanity! It's never been so crowded (or overpriced :pi:).

tomb rayder
05-02-12, 23:17
I hope to god the Giants win. Patriots SUCK!

sheepman23
05-02-12, 23:19
Watching it right now, and...

Kelly Clarkson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Christina Aguilera

;)

Weemanply109
06-02-12, 00:22

;)

:vlol: Christina Aguilera has a voice that Kelly Clarkson could only dream of having.

scion05
06-02-12, 00:23
Ten minutes. God, I'm excited. Feels almost like the two times I've seen her live :D :D :D :D :D :D

Jesus, first live performance in two years.

voltz
06-02-12, 00:43
**** the Giants!
**** the Giants!
**** the Giants!
**** the Giants!

I'd stop saying it, but I just can't help myself. :whi:

Sadly, I'm not a Patriots fan either.

Cochrane
06-02-12, 01:18
That half time show is conclusive proof that yes, you can overdo it.

sheepman23
06-02-12, 01:18
:vlol: Christina Aguilera has a voice that Kelly Clarkson could only dream of having.

Yes, but Kelly Clarkson's performance of the National Anthem was MUCH better than Christina Aguilera's. ;)

Oh yeah, and Madonna tore it up out there. Awesome half time. :D

voltz
06-02-12, 01:23

Well gee, it's not like anyone is allowed to put on a show these days.... :rolleyes:

leglion
06-02-12, 01:25

You can see this in Germany? :confused:

Diablo_Rosso
06-02-12, 01:26
This will be aired globally.

Cochrane
06-02-12, 01:34
Last year it was in ARD, this year SAT1 bought the rights, which means more competent commentators, but also more ads (and not the high-quality American ones either). The only real problem is that it is really, really late here, and that most Germans don't know the first thing about American football, so the commentators have to explain the rules all the time.

Well gee, it's not like anyone is allowed to put on a show these days.... :rolleyes:
Maybe it's just me, but Madonna's show was just ridiculous, focusing way too much on flashy effects.

voltz
06-02-12, 01:37
Maybe it's just me, but Madonna's show was just ridiculous, focusing way too much on flashy effects.

I was more put off by all the weirdos she calls her stage performers, but that's normal.

Eros5th
06-02-12, 01:55
Pats ftw!

AmericanAssassin
06-02-12, 02:17

;)
Stop breathing.

Catracoth
06-02-12, 02:21
I couldn't give any less of a damn.

sheepman23
06-02-12, 02:24
Stop breathing.

Calm down. I'm comparing their Super Bowl National Anthem performances, not the actual artists. We all know that Christina Aguilera is better than Kelly Clarkson, but face it - Christina flubbed up last year. Very badly. :p

AmericanAssassin
06-02-12, 02:28
Calm down. I'm comparing their Super Bowl National Anthem performances, not the actual artists. We all know that Christina Aguilera is better than Kelly Clarkson, but face it - Christina flubbed up last year. Very badly. :p
If one line which she covered up like a pro is "very badly," then sure... It was blown waaaaay out of proportion by the media. :rolleyes:

Side note: I love Kelly Clarkson. She's my fourth fave. I haven't heard her performance yet. I was only joking. :p

voltz
06-02-12, 02:57
**** the Giants, but at least they got the title for our division. Time to change the channel. :pi:

Mad Tony
06-02-12, 03:03
Maximum trolling. Not really a follower of the NFL but I enjoyed tonight's game. :)

patriots88888
06-02-12, 03:04
Ah well, if it isn't meant to be it isn't meant to be. Congratulations to the Giants.

:}hello friend
06-02-12, 03:05
I'm so glad Patriots lost. Haha!

Catapharact
06-02-12, 03:10
Ah well, if it isn't meant to be it isn't meant to be. Congratulations to the Giants.

Damn you for being so sportsmanly! Cry! Weep! Scream in agony! Let me feed off your pain!

*Ahem...* Kinda lost myself in the moment there...

I swear the Pats need to re-name their team to Butterfingers. So many wide open opportunities! So many chances at a run to the end zone lost because their receivers (who were wide open mind you) could not hold on to the ball!

I should be feeling a tinge of guilt at seeing my Patriots fan friends crying their eyes right now...

But the dark side is strong with me ;). GI-ANTS! GI-ANTS! GI-ANTS!

sheepman23
06-02-12, 03:10
Yeah, I'm happy the Giants won too. Mostly because one of their players is from my home town. :D

interstellardave
06-02-12, 03:14
Completing some of those catches would not have made much difference, IMO. The lack of a vertical passing game hurt the Pats chances of going down the field and scoring a TD in only 1 minute. I never would have felt that way about the Patriots in previous years but, this time, I was certain they were not going to pull it out. Quick strikes have not been their game this year.

patriots88888
06-02-12, 03:14
Damn you for being so sportsmanly! Cry! Weep! Scream in agony! Let me feed off your pain!

Ha! Not my style really... I'm much more gracious in defeat than I am in victory. At any rate, you have to tip your hat to the Giants. They made the plays when they needed them most... so again, congratulations to them and their fans. And I do mean that sincerely.

Johnnay
06-02-12, 03:16

I saw Superbowl live in Australia as well:) and on free to air TV.

voltz
06-02-12, 03:20
I saw Superbowl live in Australia as well:) and on free to air TV.

Wow. Do you get NCIS?

Tommy123
06-02-12, 03:22
I only watched the half time show <3

knightgames
06-02-12, 03:28
Congrats GIANTS. You played better during important periods of the game than the PATRIOTS did.

It's going to be a long off season. *sniff*

patriots88888
06-02-12, 03:34
Congrats GIANTS. You played better during important periods of the game than the PATRIOTS did.

It's going to be a long off season. *sniff*

I know it's not much of a consolation, but at least they were better than 30 other teams... just not the one they needed to beat in this game.

It will be interesting to see how the Patriots go about addressing their defensive backs issue. I hope they keep Sterling Moore... he was the bright spot in that area and played well (especially for a rookie who was just activated a few weeks ago).

knightgames
06-02-12, 04:18
A lot of bright spots were on the field tonight, and they were on both teams. Manningham's catch at the end was something to behold.

The Pats secondary played hard and hit hard. I don't fault them for that. I wish they covered tighter. WAY too much padding gave the G Men room for the catch. Stupid things like 12 men on the field killed us. Brady intentional grounding on his first play from scrimmage cost too. Good to see 85 get a catch. Sadly in the last possession it looked like he wasn't going long at all.

I think the defense is going to be something to reckon with next year. Moore had a great game, and I hope it's remembered come next year. He forced the ball free against the Ravens 2 weeks ago. Tonight he played some good coverage. Moore, Chung and McCourtey at safety should be something to build on for next year's DB corps.

Welker is up for a contract. I hope that missed catch in the 4th doesn't affect him. He SHOULD have had it, but it wasn't an easy reception. Brady threw it to the wrong shoulder.

When is draft day? LOL!!

interstellardave
06-02-12, 04:28
The Patriots defense did show up in the playoffs and played better than during the season. I can't let it go by, however, when you say that Moore "forced" the ball out of Evans' hands. I expect any receiver to hold on to that ball in that situation... he literally only had to hold it a split second longer and the Ravens are in the Bowl! Evans was lazy on that play, IMO, and I'm still mad at him. :hea:

knightgames
06-02-12, 05:07
The Patriots defense did show up in the playoffs and played better than during the season. I can't let it go by, however, when you say that Moore "forced" the ball out of Evans' hands. I expect any receiver to hold on to that ball in that situation... he literally only had to hold it a split second longer and the Ravens are in the Bowl! Evans was lazy on that play, IMO, and I'm still mad at him. :hea:

I understand. That's the receiver's job - to hold the ball, but had not Moore put his hands in there and pulled it from Evans' he would have kept it. I'd consider a dropped ball as one where the defender didn't do anything to cause the ball to fall to the ground. Evans should have kept it, but IMO it was stripped and not dropped.

Still hurts.......... oh well. Next year comes all too soon.

peeves
06-02-12, 14:14
I'm so happy the giants won now could someone go on wikipedia and update the article of list of super bowl champions please?

voltz
06-02-12, 23:19
I do love what Yahoo does for me on the news front when I want an aftermath on events.

Patriots Superbowl Afterparty. (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/only-dance-heal-wounded-souls-matt-light-rob-212551396.html)

Toga guy on wire was Andy Lewis. (http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/madonna-toga-clad-tightrope-walker-guy-195532972.html)

Mind blown.

TRLegendLuver
07-02-12, 01:22
All I can say is butter fingers!
And how embarrassing it must be for the Patriots to lose again to the Giants in the Superbowl.
:vlol:

Carbonek_0051
07-02-12, 08:57
Hey guys, did the 49er's win? /denial