PDA

View Full Version : A Question on Tomb Raider

Jami393
24-01-12, 17:46
I was reading the Wikipedia page on Lara Croft and I came across something about the TReboot, and it was saying that it is the second reboot of the game series. So I was wondering is Wiki right in saying Tomb Raider (2012) is the second reboot? Or is Wikipedia wrong.
Heres the page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lara_Croft

Zelda master
24-01-12, 17:51
Tomb Raider Legend was the first reboot in the series :)

Spong
24-01-12, 17:54
Tomb Raider Legend was the first reboot in the series :)

[/thread]

Phlip
24-01-12, 17:57
I personally don't really consider Legend a reboot. But it kinda is, so yeah, it would have been acknowledging Legend as one.

Jami393
24-01-12, 18:02
So Legend was the first reboot in the TR series. But I thought it was stated that Legend wasn't a reboot, but a sort of continuation.

Reggie
24-01-12, 18:05
Legend was a Reboot. It had very weak links to previous games - the only one I can think of being the inclusion of Zip.

Jami393
24-01-12, 18:14
Legend was a Reboot. It had very weak links to previous games - the only one I can think of being the inclusion of Zip.

What about Natla and the Scion.

Cristina
24-01-12, 18:17
^ donīt forget on TR anniversary in croft manor,the dagger of xian and the wreck of maria doria is mentioned in some books :)

Jami393
24-01-12, 18:25
^ donīt forget on TR anniversary in croft manor,the dagger of shian and the wreck of maria doria is mentioned in some books :)

That's Dagger of Xian, and she also read about Angkor Wat. Also did CD mention anything about Legend being a reboot.

Changeling
24-01-12, 18:25
Anniversary was a re-make to celebrate TR's 10 year anniversary, so I wouldn't really count that as viable. Lara's biography (and the whole basis of the games, for that matter) were completely changed.

peeves
24-01-12, 20:13
TR 2012 is the 2nd reboot of the series because legend was the first reboot. Yes legend was a reboot.

larafan25
24-01-12, 20:17
TR 2012 is the 2nd reboot of the series because legend was the first reboot. Yes legend was a reboot.

The people who made the game are saying otherwise.

I'm not sure if they had previously said Legend was a reboot, but now they're saying it wasn't. At least not a full blown reboot.

Killercowz
24-01-12, 21:52
The people who made the game are saying otherwise.

I'm not sure if they had previously said Legend was a reboot, but now they're saying it wasn't. At least not a full blown reboot.

Biography change for main character- Check

Personality/Complete transformation for main character- Check

Complete transformation of gameplay- Check

Brand new engine- Check

Comparability different from previous Tomb Raiders- Check

Sounds like a reboot so I guess it is.
They did say it was a reboot when they were promoting Legend by the way.

Larapink
24-01-12, 21:58
Has there been any more trailers since the new TR was unveiled last yr at E3? :confused:

Mikky
24-01-12, 22:01
A lot of people here seem to think that "reboot" applies only to a game's story. Well, no. Resident Evil 4 was a reboot and it's 100% cannon to the previous games. Practically everything about TRL was brand new, from the gameplay to Lara's background, so it definitely is a reboot, whether it has a few cameos from previous TRs or not.

Killercowz
24-01-12, 22:13
Has there been any more trailers since the new TR was unveiled last yr at E3? :confused:

We have nothing.

Nothing, not even a single piece of new information.

larafan25
24-01-12, 22:14
Biography change for main character- Check

Personality/Complete transformation for main character- Check

Complete transformation of gameplay- Check

Brand new engine- Check

Comparability different from previous Tomb Raiders- Check

Sounds like a reboot so I guess it is.
They did say it was a reboot when they were promoting Legend by the way.

Doesn't seem as drastic as this.

Larapink
24-01-12, 22:16
We have nothing.

Nothing, not even a single piece of new information.
:(

The least they could do is let us fans have some sort of new information, renders or pics. I remember around this time before Underworld was released we had a lot more information then compared to right now. :(

I wonder why; Edios, Square Enix & Crystal Dynamics are keeping everything so quiet. It's really not helping the fan-base. :/

Mikky
24-01-12, 22:20
You guys are just too impatient. :p

leglion
24-01-12, 22:31
:(

the least they could do is let us fans have some sort of new information, renders or pics. I remember around this time before underworld was released we had a lot more information then compared to right now. :(

i wonder why; edios, square enix & crystal dynamics are keeping everything so quiet. It's really not helping the fan-base. :/

lies!

Larapink
24-01-12, 22:46
lies!
How so? :confused:

I wouldn't lie about what I said...

Diablo_Rosso
24-01-12, 22:48
Unless you were a liar, that is. :p

Larapink
24-01-12, 22:48
Unless you were a liar, that is. :p
Far from that my friend.

Diablo_Rosso
24-01-12, 23:03
Far from that my friend.

I'll take your word for it.

leglion
24-01-12, 23:09
How so? :confused:

I wouldn't lie about what I said...

We got new info in the podcast and from that post in Eidos forum by Meagan Marie.

Larapink
24-01-12, 23:11
I'll take your word for it.
:)

We got new info in the podcast and from that post in Eidos forum by Meagan Marie.
Well I should have stated that I haven't really been keeping up with the news of the new TR so I wouldn't have know about that.