PDA

View Full Version : Am I any good at commentary?

Greenapple968
25-01-12, 20:25
I've uploaded over 40 videos onto youtube since September and a minority of them have come with commentary. I'd like to know if my commentary is any good or if my videos are better off without me talking over them. There's this Final Fantasy video I uploaded a while back which has commentary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wykvs7V-HKg

Perhaps you could tell me if my commentary is any good or if it's poor? It's useful for me to know because that way I'll know whether or not I should do commentary for future videos. Please be honest.

jarekhanzelka
25-01-12, 21:25
The commentary is just fine. Much easier to listen to then some of the more popular commentators on youtube. What you SHOULD focus on, though, is getting a TV tuner card.

Dark Lugia 2
25-01-12, 22:23
Yes! Your voice sounds very nice and you speak clearly.

Greenapple968
25-01-12, 22:35
The commentary is just fine. Much easier to listen to then some of the more popular commentators on youtube. What you SHOULD focus on, though, is getting a TV tuner card.

Yes! Your voice sounds very nice and you speak clearly.

Thank you people! :D

TRULuverzz
25-01-12, 23:29
I've watched alot of reviews and commentaries, must say you are good at commentaries yourself :tmb:

Greenapple968
26-01-12, 17:24
I've watched alot of reviews and commentaries, must say you are good at commentaries yourself :tmb:

Thanks. :D

Phlip
26-01-12, 17:35
I really like your voice, it's friendly and nice to listen to. :)

Greenapple968
26-01-12, 17:36
I really like your voice, it's friendly and nice to listen to. :)

:yah: Why thank you. :)

xLara_Nathanx
26-01-12, 17:50
I like your voice. It is easy to understand what you're saying and it is a joy to listen to... lol. So yeah, it is very clear and easy to understand.

Greenapple968
26-01-12, 19:59
I like your voice. It is easy to understand what you're saying and it is a joy to listen to... lol. So yeah, it is very clear and easy to understand.

Can't beat a southern English accent. :)

maximum_123
26-01-12, 22:39
Yeah, it was good! Clear and enthusiastic, too. A lot better than half the annoying mumbly YouTube videos out there :p

Can't beat a southern English accent. :)

Us Dorsetianszszs.

Gracious Days
26-01-12, 23:06
I liked the video you posted here, just like I enjoyed your Barkhang Monastery videos way back when. Your style is very direct and I like that you actually talk about the game you're playing, versus going off on tangents about random things that your viewers wouldn't have any clue about...unlike other game commentators on Youtube.

The only thing I would do now is focus on jarekhanzelka's advice.

Greenapple968
27-01-12, 12:29
What you SHOULD focus on, though, is getting a TV tuner card.

The only thing I would do now is focus on jarekhanzelka's advice.

What does a TV tuner card do?

Spong
27-01-12, 12:33
What does a TV tuner card do?

It stops you recording vids by pointing a camera at a TV screen (which always looks pretty bad). A tuner card is a bit of PC hardware, something you can plug your console into and capture video properly using your PC.

Greenapple968
28-01-12, 00:05
It stops you recording vids by pointing a camera at a TV screen (which always looks pretty bad). A tuner card is a bit of PC hardware, something you can plug your console into and capture video properly using your PC.

I won't be doing many more videos so it probably won't be necessary.

tomblover
28-01-12, 01:46
Your accent is definitely easy on the ears, but like others have said - get a capture card! :vlol: Knowing myself, I tend to click away from videos that have been recorded off-screen. :p