PDA

View Full Version : Petition against ACTA

Underhoe
26-01-12, 19:27
While SOPA was in the spotlight, people've forgotten there is an other censorship called the ACTA. Which is basically the European (as far as I know) equivalent of SOPA, except way more threatening.

There were news they've already accepted it, but there's an online petition going on where we must reach 500, 000 signatures to stop ACTA, so I guess there's still hope...

Please sign the petition here to help remove this vile censorship once and for all:
[Link removed in accordance with TRF T&C]

zeussy
26-01-12, 19:32
EVERYONE MUST SIGN THIS!!! This is just damn crucial, people clearly have no idea how serious this is... Please, please, please, everyone!! Sign & share this on facebook.. Everyone must understand how threatening this is.

Encore
26-01-12, 19:36
Signed and shared. This law is a monstrosity.

tomblover
26-01-12, 19:37
In layman's terms, we're already screwed unless a miracle takes place. That said, I've seen a number of petitions like these - which ones are serious and which ones aren't? :confused:
This agreement does affect the US and parts of Asia too, by the way. It's not exclusive to Europe(an Union members), so yeah. We're all ****ed. :yah:

I'm moving to Norway, in any case. Anyone with me? :p

TheRCroft
26-01-12, 19:37
I believe asking to sign petitions is not allowed in this forum, but since it's such an important cause, I think the mods might allow it, I dunno :p Anyway, I signed it and I'm asking my friends to sign it. This whole thing needs to be stopped.

larafan25
26-01-12, 19:38
I signed before everyone posted because I'm the best and care about the Internet always ferever.

Dark Lugia 2
26-01-12, 19:39
Just signed, thanks for posting!

Encore
26-01-12, 19:40
I believe asking to sign petitions is not allowed in this forum, but since it's such an important cause, I think the mods might allow it, I dunno :p Anyway, I signed it and I'm asking my friends to sign it. This whole thing needs to be stopped.

I really hope mods allow an exception this time, considering even forums like TRF are threatened.

klona
26-01-12, 19:41
I believe asking to sign petitions is not allowed in this forum, but since it's a very important cause, I think the mods must allow it, I dunno :p Anyway, I signed it and I'm asking my friends to sign it. This whole thing needs to be stopped.

Fixed.

Legend of Lara
26-01-12, 19:42
Petitions never accomplish anything, but I'm signing anyway because I am obviously completely against this.

TRULuverzz
26-01-12, 19:42
Signed :D Internet Censorship needs to be barred FOREVER :mad:

Encore
26-01-12, 19:46
Petitions never accomplish anything, but I'm signing anyway because I am obviously completely against this.

Well, it kinda worked on SOPA....

Legend of Lara
26-01-12, 19:49
Well, it kinda worked on SOPA....

That was different, though. I mean, a lot of countries have already signed this.

Greenapple968
26-01-12, 19:57

I don't think mods are allowed to make exceptions.

TheRCroft
26-01-12, 20:07
I don't think mods are allowed to make exceptions.
They are, if they ask the admin.
I really hope mods allow an exception this time, considering even forums like TRF are threatened.

You and me both. This could be the end of the Internet as we know it. Or even the end of the Internet full stop.

Greenapple968
26-01-12, 20:09
This could be the end of the Internet as we know it. Or even the end of the Internet full stop.

That scares me. :(

Rai
26-01-12, 20:15
Just signed.

tomekkobialka
26-01-12, 20:15
This could be the end of the Internet as we know it. Or even the end of the Internet full stop.

Woah woah! Cliche alert! :p

I don't think it will get that far. We will probably 'win' in the end, as the government simply won't be able to ignore the thousands of protests and riots which will occur around the world if they do 'shut down' the internet.

RoxasKennedy
26-01-12, 20:33
Signed and shared on Facebook. :D
But I don't know if I'll noticed, though, in the crowd. -.-'

NCFirebolt21
26-01-12, 20:39
I signed it. :)

Weemanply109
26-01-12, 21:09
I don't think this petition will help.

I'm moving to Norway, in any case. Anyone with me? :p

brb, packing my stuff!

FourBalls
26-01-12, 21:45
It's like the world is going crazy lately.

This is about all I can do to stop this from happening so signed and shared of course.

jackali
26-01-12, 21:56
As a rule petitions aren't really allowed on here. I'm closing this unless I hear otherwise.

EscondeR
27-01-12, 06:48
IATL :)

Despite I personally hate SOPA/PIPA/ACTA (other crapta)... everyone must stick to the rules. We do NOT allow external petitions which gather personal information/require registration. Therefore link removed from the OP.