PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in love?

Greenapple968
28-01-12, 20:39
So many people have tried convincing me love doesn't exist because they've failed with relationships etc. I ofcourse do believe in love but just think it's hard to find. What's your view on the topic? Being 18 and being single my whole life I've obviously never been in love, I've had strong feelings for girls but that's about as far as it goes.

larafan25
28-01-12, 20:48
Well...love...love as in something more than physical and sexual attraction? Something more than enjoying somebody's company and enjoying their personality?

That's all I've ever really seen in the idea of love, so by that logic it's very real to me, but not necessarily as great as some films, novels, or games may make it out to be.

Killercowz
28-01-12, 20:50
Edit:
That joke doesn't work.
._.

Anyways not really.

MiCkiZ88
28-01-12, 20:54
I've been in love for nearly 4 years, so yes, I do.

Larapink
28-01-12, 20:56
I believe in love, there is a soul mate for everyone. I'm 24, I've also been single for a long time.

Honestly I don't feel complete without a love in my life, sometimes I dislike being single I would rather be in a relationship.

I've got to follow my heart to find my love. <3

ClassicCroft
28-01-12, 20:57
Greenapple968 - i have the same, i,m 19 and never had an relationship too. I believe in true love.. and if you search for it. you never will find it, it comes unexpectedly, (i think). I keep the hope, and i trust in it. Everything comes good in the end. ^_-

Scorpio1991
28-01-12, 21:03
I still believe in love, even though all mine failed miserably.
There is always a perfect person, just gotta keep looking :)

Legend of Lara
28-01-12, 21:10
I believe in a thing called LOOOOOOOOVE~
Ooooooooooh~
GUITAR!

mind
28-01-12, 21:39
No, It's merely a social construct. In societes where people are not exposed to the idea of love, it does not exist.

TRULuverzz
28-01-12, 21:40
So many people have tried convincing me love doesn't exist because they've failed with relationships etc.

Stupidest poppycock I've ever heard lol, Yes I believe love exists, but you have to wait for it instead of searching. Those girls who have failed in relationships were obviously looking too hard and ended up with some asshole who didn't treat her right :)

Larapink
28-01-12, 21:42
No, It's merely a social construct. In societes where people are not exposed to the idea of love, it does not exist.
You sound like a cold person, just being brutally honest with you.

Call me a hopeless Romantic as much as you like..

Sir Croft
28-01-12, 21:46
You mean animals don't love their brethren? Or pets don't love their owners?
It isn't merely a "social construct".

ClassicCroft
28-01-12, 21:48
Stupidest poppycock I've ever heard lol, Yes I believe love exists, but you have to wait for it instead of searching. Those girls who have failed in relationships were obviously looking too hard and ended up with some asshole who didn't treat her right :)

That,s what i wanted to say ^_^

jarekhanzelka
28-01-12, 21:52
Those girls who have failed in relationships were obviously looking too hard and ended up with some asshole who didn't treat her right :)

You genuinely think a relationship fails only when one of the partners doesn't treat the other one right?

Nausinous
28-01-12, 22:01
4p0chD8U8fA

TRULuverzz
28-01-12, 22:02
You genuinely think a relationship fails only when one of the partners doesn't treat the other one right?

Or something else, but genuinely a man not treating a woman right is likely the reason why relationships are failed, Correct me if I'm wrong.

Mad Tony
28-01-12, 22:02
No, It's merely a social construct. In societes where people are not exposed to the idea of love, it does not exist.Are you actually being serious?

Sir Croft
28-01-12, 22:04
Or something else, but genuinely a man not treating a woman right is likely the reason why relationships are failed, Correct me if I'm wrong.
It's funny that you assumed they were girls, though. :p

Larapink
28-01-12, 22:05
That works both ways..

TRULuverzz
28-01-12, 22:08
It's funny that you assumed they were girls, though. :p

Silly me, Okay both, girls or boys whatever ahaha xD

O RLY? :eek:

Larson_1988
28-01-12, 22:11
No, i don't! Merely due to the fact how guys have treated me in the past.

Larapink
28-01-12, 22:13
^ Sometimes you have to give things a chance..

I find it hard to accept that some people just don't believe in love.

Mad Tony
28-01-12, 22:14
No, i don't! Merely due to the fact how guys have treated me in the past.So the world revolves around you?

Larson_1988
28-01-12, 22:18
I did not say that, i was talking about that i have given up on love.

Mad Tony
28-01-12, 22:20
I did not say that, i was talking about that i have given up on love.Ah but you didn't say that. You said you didn't believe in love.

Atlantisfreak
28-01-12, 22:23
Ah but you didn't say that. You said you didn't believe in love.

Exactly. HE doesn't believe in love. Therefore he never said the world revolves around him. :)

Larson_1988
28-01-12, 22:23
Let's just stop there, you obviously misunderstood me!

Lukass
28-01-12, 22:25
Yes.

TRULuverzz
28-01-12, 22:30
To be honest, I can't understand why some people believe that love isn't real, if that was true, we wouldn't love anything in the world. Not even our MOTHERS!

Mad Tony
28-01-12, 22:30
Exactly. HE doesn't believe in love. Therefore he never said the world revolves around him. :)I never said he said the world revolves around him, but by saying you don't believe in love just because you haven't had any luck with it all but implies it does it not?

Let's just stop there, you obviously misunderstood me!How did I misunderstand you? :confused:

Cochrane
28-01-12, 22:32
I guess the important issue is how one defines love. Because the emotional state, that obviously exists and can even be measured. Saying it doesn't is just stupid. It's when talking about any specific, romanticized version of love that one can say that it does not happen (or does not happen often) in practice.

By the way: mind is probably not all wrong. Most societies have used arranged marriages at one point or another, and while I certainly don't want that, it does not seem to have failed horribly either. Full being in love is definitely not necessary in order to have a functional relationship.

Zebra
28-01-12, 22:34
I think many people have got this weird, intangible perception of love. In the end, it just comes down to physical, psychological and/or social compatability (Any one of these can overshadow the other two, however a relationship where you fall in love with someone based on just one of these factors is not likely to work out (One of the exceptions being arranged marriages in societies where the good of the collective is thought of as more important than the good of the individual)). Love is not some sort of higher force which can't be explained. It's scientifically explainable and people should stop looking for "the one and only" who was made for them or for "true love". They're just making it unnecessarily complicated for themselves otherwise.

Mikky
28-01-12, 22:40
I think many people have got this weird, intangible perception of love. In the end, it just comes down to physical, psychological and/or social compatability (Any one of these can overshadow the other two, however a relationship where you fall in love with someone based on just one of these factors is not likely to work out (One of the exceptions being arranged marriages in societies where the good of the collective is thought of as more important than the good of the individual)). Love is not some sort of higher force which can't be explained. It's scientifically explainable and people should stop looking for "the one and only" who was made for them or for "true love". They're just making it unnecessarily complicated for themselves otherwise.

Did you just use brackets within brackets?! PREPOSTEROUS!

But yeah, I totes believe in love. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/ChibiHanyou/Other/Emoticons/th_iconiheartitplz.png

Diablo_Rosso
28-01-12, 22:47
I think love exists, I think people try too hard to look for it. Love I think is something you can't manufacture. This is coming from from someone who's never been in a relationship BTW.

Archetype
28-01-12, 23:01
Yes, it's the very centre of existence.

Larapink
28-01-12, 23:03
Yes, it's the very centre of existence.
You have pretty much summed up how I feel about love with that statement. It's also the very existence of my being as well.

Ikas90
28-01-12, 23:10
I don't think it's a matter of belief. Love is real, whether you "believe" in it or not.

I've felt love, therefore, I know love exists.

No, marriage is a social construct. A relationship can be as well, for that matter. But love? No. What you said is false on multiple levels. No one needs to be brought up in a certain culture to understand and feel true, genuine love. Love is something you feel since before you begin to comprehend, as an infant.

pEhouse
28-01-12, 23:21
I've been in love, but I believe mutual love is one of the hardest things to find.

Greenapple968
28-01-12, 23:32

Unfortunetly a lot of people seem to take that view.

It was mainly guys who tried (and failed) to convince me.

BrandonFlowers
28-01-12, 23:47
Surely if all these people end up hurt after relationships fail then there must have been some sort of love there? Otherwise it wouldn't hurt so much when it went down the crapper.

There are many different types of love too; love between parent and child, that of an obsessive person and the celebrity they stalk,
between friends and between lovers.

As for me, yep, I believe in love, I see it everyday and am kinda in love right now.

TRULuverzz
29-01-12, 00:06
As for me, yep, I believe in love, I see it everyday and am kinda in love right now.

with Jason Bateman :whi:

Tear
29-01-12, 00:49
I do believe in love, but I DO NOT believe that there is only one person out there that you can fall in love with.

That's complete bull****.;)

t-raider26
29-01-12, 00:56
http://i51.************/xe39ll.jpg

Yes. I don't think that people stay in love forever, though.

Greenapple968
29-01-12, 00:57
I do believe in love, but I DO NOT believe that there is only one person out there that you can fall in love with.

Very true. :)

Now that's an interesting number of posts you've done. Check the congrats section! :)

Larapink
29-01-12, 00:58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p0chD8U8fA

http://i51.************/xe39ll.jpg

:vlol:

At these references to Cher!

musicmaestro10
29-01-12, 01:12
I'm also semi in love but I agree that there are many people I could love! :hug:

b.gluch
29-01-12, 01:18
... but I DO NOT believe that there is only one person out there that you can fall in love with.

+

Yes. I don't think that people stay in love forever, though.

this

ShadyCroft
29-01-12, 01:56
Yes I do believe in Love. Yes, Love exists ! What doesn't always exist though is the mutual feelings.
Love exists and everyone has had it. We cared about people, we felt something for people, we enjoyed their company.....sadly, a lot of times these feelings were not returned and we end up being heart broken.

Love, the feeling, exist, but the happy cliched ending doesn't...not all the times! You just gotta shake it off and move on and hope the next time would be better. :)

godmodder
29-01-12, 10:14
I believe that love is like happiness: it's what you make of it. Obviously, love has got to come from both sides. But too often have I seen people who were a great couple and just ruined their relationship by having too high demands. Give much and if you don't expect too much in return, you can only be pleasantly surprised.

robm_2007
29-01-12, 10:26
If no one was able to love, thaen people as a whole are rather good actors. I've never been "in love" but there are things that I love. Like some film, or song, or family member/friend.

LOL @ Cher :p

Carbon
29-01-12, 10:27
Yes.

klona
29-01-12, 10:43
I have never actually loved someone (family love is different), because I don't think it's real.

the ancient
29-01-12, 11:10
I believe in it.

LNSNHGTDS
29-01-12, 11:12
I have never actually loved someone (family love is different), because I don't think it's real.

Same here, I just don't care. I've seen people behaving really stupid for love, I don't want to be in such condition never ever!

Draco
29-01-12, 13:58
Not only do I believe in it, I'm actually in love with my wife... and unfortunately someone else too. It is really annoying to have to deal with.

BrandonFlowers
29-01-12, 14:03
with Jason Bateman :whi:

No :p well, yes, but I was referring to someone else. Sadly, it wont ever come to anything.

MyRaider4Life
29-01-12, 14:10
No :p well, yes, but I was referring to someone else. Sadly, it wont ever come to anything.

First person I thought when I saw your post was Mikky.

I see the way you two make goo-goo eyes at each other. WE ALL DO. lol...

Mikky
29-01-12, 14:12
I... I mean... Er... Fish fingers. :pi:

TippingWater
29-01-12, 14:15
Love is real , because lust is real , but never lasts and rarely works out all right , most of the time , people end up just staying with each other because of children or material things , "better the devil that you know", or because they are afraid of being alone . Of course there are exceptions from this rule , but most of us are the rule , not the exception .

robm_2007
29-01-12, 14:19
Not only do I believe in it, I'm actually in love with my wife... and unfortunately someone else too. It is really annoying to have to deal with.

Oh my; I was not expecting such a confession.

Chocola teapot
29-01-12, 14:23
Come on girls, do you believe in love?

'Cause I've got something to say about it,

And it goes something like this.

No.

Underhoe
29-01-12, 14:49
I would say there are different kinds of love. You can love someone without being similar at all, but the right person, your soulmate, has the same qualities. That defines true love in my opinion.
With your soulmate, love is pernament. Now finding that right person is the difficult part...Fortunately, I have found mine - I've never been so sure about anything before.
So back off, bitches, I know myself enough to be sure of that.

Larapink
29-01-12, 15:15
I posted this on MGC it relates to this thread as well..

La lussuria non uguale ad amare. (Lust does not equal to love)

<3 Typing in Italiano.

Navid
29-01-12, 15:20
Hell yes! No reason to live without it. :D

Come on girls, do you believe in love?

'Cause I've got something to say about it,

And it goes something like this.

No.

:vlol:

..Express Yourself, right? :pi:

Tommy123
29-01-12, 15:38
I believe in my love for food

Changeling
29-01-12, 16:06
I find it ridiculous when people question whether love exists or not. Of course it exists, it's all around you. Just because you don't think you're experiencing it, doesn't mean it's not real. Don't you love your family? Or your friends? Even if you don't, other people still do

coolaideonfire
29-01-12, 18:20
I believe in love. :)

But I don't believe in THE ONE. I think there are many people you have the potential to fall for, it's all about circumstance, common interests and chemistry and how successfully you build upon your relationship from there. To think you can only ever experience that truly with THE ONE is depressing.

MattTR
29-01-12, 18:22
I've been in love before.. it's out there. It just depends on if it's forced love or real love for me. :(

patriots88888
29-01-12, 19:00
Personally speaking, yes I do. Speaking generally, it's not something for everyone. It takes risks and sometimes a bit of luck to find that ONE (if one is willing, that is). If and when you do find it for real (or it finds you) you won't ever be able to truly believe that those feelings aren't real... to do so would only be denial.

I've been in love, but I believe mutual love is one of the hardest things to find.

Yea, never let it be said that the concept is an easy one. *sorry John*

Greenapple968
29-01-12, 20:38
Nice to see most people do believe in love.

MiCkiZ88
29-01-12, 20:45
In my opinion it's a big compliment and way of saying ''you're lucky'' for having someone who a lot of people think is lovable. Not to mention a big sign of commitment that that person has remained on your side for all those years. :) Becoming jealous is an insult for your lover.

shebj
29-01-12, 20:48
I definitely believe in love ; love is around us all the time ; it is what makes people sacrifice their own lives to save or avenge their beloved ones ; it is what makes heartbroken people do horrible things because their loved ones are gone.
it is what makes people bitter about love because they lost love simply because they didn't realise it was love.

without love one cannot be. one would be a very very lonely mother****er. Love is a general idea ; it doesn't just confine to the one person, soulmate. love for your family is still love as well.

KC Mraz
30-01-12, 06:51
Yes. I have nothing else to add, simply "yes".

I've been in love before.. it's out there. It just depends on if it's forced love or real love for me. :(

Come here, I'll show you the real stuff.

TRLegendLuver
30-01-12, 07:38
I think my signature pretty much sums up whether I think love exists or not.

Jester Head
30-01-12, 09:55
Yes.

zeussy
30-01-12, 10:59
Well...love...love as in something more than physical and sexual attraction? Something more than enjoying somebody's company and enjoying their personality?

That's all I've ever really seen in the idea of love, so by that logic it's very real to me, but not necessarily as great as some films, novels, or games may make it out to be.

Love is something you will never understand unless you experience it yourself. Love is more than just being there for your lover at their worst, it's beyond raw passion and feelings.... Love is something that can never be expressed in either movies, novels, games, images, or words... Love has the power to either make you the saddest, most miserable creature alive - or the happiest. It can completely change one's view towards life. So, to all the people who think they know what love is even though they've never experienced it - don't even think of trying to explain something you can never understand.

jackali
30-01-12, 11:04
Hm. Love. I think it does exist.
But in my opinion it's vastly different from infatuation, which seems to be the common theme with many of the younger members on here. That's not to say, of course, that I count myself as an older member. I'm neither. I'd like to think I've experienced enough to say that something does exist, but that it varies from person to person, and it varies for whom you feel it. Granted, it's just chemical reactions in the brain, but it's what you allow yourself to shape those into. I really don't think that love and passion are the same thing though. They might occur together, but don't see why you can't have one without the other.

StefanJ94
30-01-12, 11:05
No, however I do believe in Dopamine, Oxytocin, Testosterone, Estrogen, Serotonin etc. etc. that contribute to the feeling like you're in love. :pi:

BrandonFlowers
30-01-12, 11:10
Love is something you will never understand unless you experience it yourself. Love is more than just being there for your lover at their worst, it's beyond raw passion and feelings.... Love is something that can never be expressed in either movies, novels, games, images, or words... Love has the power to either make you the saddest, most miserable creature alive - or the happiest. It can completely change one's view towards life. So, to all the people who think they know what love is even though they've never experienced it - don't even think of trying to explain something you can never understand.

I think that is a load of bull****. People always try and over fantasise love into something that its not and think that because someone has never been in love that they can never know what its like and how to express it. You can express love in words, movies etc. because you know what you want to convey, thats why some songs/books/movies have special meanings to people, because it reminds them of love.

zeussy
30-01-12, 12:17
I think that is a load of bull****. People always try and over fantasise love into something that its not and think that because someone has never been in love that they can never know what its like and how to express it. You can express love in words, movies etc. because you know what you want to convey, thats why some songs/books/movies have special meanings to people, because it reminds them of love.

I don't think it, I know and believe it. I won't argue with you because that's your opinion... Also because ever since I started falling for my fiancee, I've found an inner peace with myself that I could never have found no matter what I did in my life. There's just no room for anger, violence, depression, or jealousy in my heart anymore - only an overwhelming sensation of something I can't describe... Something that's incredibly strong and keeps getting stronger by the day. Call it love, call it whatever you may call it, all I know is that it's overwhelming and beyond words or meaning. Even what I just said doesn't feel like enough... There is just so much I could say about this, I'd sit here typing for an eternity. I hope everyone else gets a chance to experience this first, then tell me if your views toward life & what you call "love" have changed...

jackali
30-01-12, 12:25
zeussy: Feel free to have your opinion, but don't talk about stuff like that unless you want to get into an argument.

That comment can be described as violating 1.3 of our Terms and Conditions. Consider this a warning.

BrandonFlowers
30-01-12, 12:25
I don't think it, I know and believe it. I won't argue with you because that's your opinion... Also because ever since I started falling for my fiancee, I've found an inner peace with myself that I could never have found no matter what I did in my life. There's just no room for anger, violence, depression, or jealousy in my heart anymore - only an overwhelming sensation of something I can't describe... Something that's incredibly strong and keeps getting stronger by the day. Call it love, call it whatever you may call it, all I know is that it's overwhelming and beyond words or meaning. Even what I just said doesn't feel like enough... There is just so much I could say about this, I'd sit here typing for an eternity. I hope everyone else gets a chance to experience this first, then tell me if your views toward life & what you call "love" have changed...

Now, see. You are a prime example of what I hate about people and love. They take what they imagine love to be and sugar coat everything and overfantasise it. Thats not what love is, not to me. It sounds most like lust to me. Give it time to settle, hopefully you see sense.

I look at my parents, who have been together 27 years. They argue all the time and say things they don't mean. But I see the love they have for eachother, they are best friends and would never dream of letting anything ruin that, but they also love my brother and me as much as they love eachother, in a different way of course. They have been through Hell more than once and they still stay together and share their life with those close to them.

zeussy
30-01-12, 12:44
Now, see. You are a prime example of what I hate about people and love. They take what they imagine love to be and sugar coat everything and overfantasise it. Thats not what love is, not to me. It sounds most like lust to me. Give it time to settle, hopefully you see sense.

I look at my parents, who have been together 27 years. They argue all the time and say things they don't mean. But I see the love they have for eachother, they are best friends and would never dream of letting anything ruin that, but they also love my brother and me as much as they love eachother, in a different way of course. They have been through Hell more than once and they still stay together and share their life with those close to them.
I never said I didn't love my family, or my friends. Sorry if you misunderstood... Lust? You have got to be kidding me... All I'm trying to convey is that I love him more than anything, and you try and twist and play with my words to make me sound as ignorant and obnoxious as you are. He means the world to me and what you just said was incredibly insulting and hurtful. You say I don't understand love? I wish I could tear my own heart out so everyone could see how much he means to me... The things we've shared with each other.... How incredibly much we have in common. He's the only person who's ever made me this happy in my entire life. Lust, you say? I've made it this far without even getting to kiss, hug, or touch the one I love.. I just can't imagine how strong our bond will be in person. Say what you want, your words can't change how I feel - nothing can.

BrandonFlowers
30-01-12, 12:59
Sorry, should I edit it?

I never said I didn't love my family, or my friends. Sorry if you misunderstood... Lust? You have got to be kidding me... All I'm trying to convey is that I love him more than anything, and you try and twist and play with my words to make me sound as ignorant and obnoxious as you are. He means the world to me and what you just said was incredibly insulting and hurtful. You say I don't understand love? I wish I could tear my own heart out so everyone could see how much he means to me... The things we've shared with each other.... How incredibly much we have in common. He's the only person who's ever made me this happy in my entire life. Lust, you say? I've made it this far without even getting to kiss, hug, or touch the one I love.. I just can't imagine how strong our bond will be in person. Say what you want, your words can't change how I feel - nothing can.

Sorry but to me it just sounds like you are lusting after him rather than being in love. its just the way I see it. I can't imagine you or anyone else remaining this intense forever.

zeussy
30-01-12, 13:06
zeussy: Feel free to have your opinion, but don't talk about stuff like that unless you want to get into an argument.

That comment can be described as violating 1.3 of our Terms and Conditions. Consider this a warning.

Sorry but to me it just sounds like you are lusting after him rather than being in love. its just the way I see it. I can't imagine you or anyone else remaining this intense forever.

What do you mean, exactly? You think just because my feelings for him will never fade away, I'm lusting after him? That's just ridiculous, it only goes to show that you don't understand how complex and strong my feelings are for him. They're built on a very strong root - the type that never breaks and lasts for an eternity. Do you realise how incredibly hurtful what you're saying is, to me and my fiance? I just didn't expect this from you, I thought you were a friend. If that's how you felt about us from the start, you should've gone ahead and said it.

jackali
30-01-12, 13:10
If you have to continue arguing, please take this to PM.

Phlip
30-01-12, 13:21
I definitely believe love exists, even if after heart-break you feel like you can't love in a certain way again.

Lara Croft!
30-01-12, 13:41
How can someone not believe in love? There are so many forms and everyone has experienced at least one kind. Maternal love, fraternal, a best friend's love. Last but not least the love between the opposite (or in some cases the same) sex. All kinds of love there. Firstly, the "in love" which more about infatuation and getting to know someone. And then there's The Love, when you have been around each other long enough to know each others vices and disadvantages and still wanting to be together.

JsotoTRSaga
30-01-12, 14:12
I agree with those who Believe in LOVE <3 it is rather impossible to live with hate and no Love or live with neither of them. Even after someone breaks our heart apart we still know Love exists but some However deny Love because of their Sad situations in Life or a Break up which is pretty understandable at some Point but just like Lara Croft!^ said how can someone not Believe in Love since there are many forms of it. ;)

robbie_rawr
30-01-12, 15:00
Im in love now, so yeah. :p

SirPlagueRat
30-01-12, 15:10
Define "love". Then I'll give you an answer. :p
Oh, and I hate how people like to take a bunch of crap such as obsession, lust, what the hell ever, sugar-coat it, and call it love. No, that's not love, screw you.

(I've been hanging around couples a lot lately, sorry. :p)

Linoshi Croft
30-01-12, 15:15
Yes, very much so. However, love is not all rainbows and butterflies like some people seem to believe... Even though I'm a hopeless romantic and I believe in all the fantasy bull crap :vlol: I'm most definitely not delusional like some people.

lcroft_lc
30-01-12, 15:59
NOPE. What is LOVE? Never get close to it ever. :(

JsotoTRSaga
30-01-12, 16:02
True that Linoshi Croft. I am a Hopeless Romantic sometimes but Love is nothing like shown in fairy tales and TV Series's :/

Tombraider95
30-01-12, 18:54
Yes.

http://legacy-cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/112010/alone1.jpg

b.gluch
30-01-12, 20:48
i think people confuse intense crushes for love, happened to me a couple times. you think you love someone so much and that there's no one in this world for you and that itll last forever, blablabla and stuff that you ''cant describe'', i feel as if most of the time its out of desperation that you ''love'' someone because that person shows the same attraction but after time, when youre not so delusional you finally realise that you may have felt something that wasnt what you thought it was. tbh it just seems desperate and fake when you become so blind about the world around you and you become a completly different person.
I'm not saying i dont believe in love, i just believe most of the time people misinterpret it.

Alex Shepherd
30-01-12, 21:02
Yes of course... There is a true love and a fake love...
The fake love is between people and people.
The true love is between God and people + Animals and people + Things and people.

b.gluch
30-01-12, 21:06
^you're right :rolleyes: i love my loofa more than my mother...

Larapink
30-01-12, 21:23
Yes, very much so. However, love is not all rainbows and butterflies like some people seem to believe... Even though I'm a hopeless romantic and I believe in all the fantasy bull crap :vlol: I'm most definitely not delusional like some people.
Obviously it isn't. :rolleyes:

I think you're the most cynical person on TRF, just being honest...

skylark1121
30-01-12, 21:35
I believe in love very much. <3
I'm still waiting, but... I'll get there someday. :)

BrandonFlowers
30-01-12, 21:36
The true love is between God and people + Animals and people + Things and people.

God aint gonna snuggle down with me and watch trashy
Rom-coms, thank goodness for my wooden spoon
Which gives me all the love I need.

Danny has a point, too many people seem to be under
the impression that love is all romantic gestures
and that they don't have to work at it because its
all sorted, which is nonsense, you need to be realistic and work
at live or it all goes tits up.

Catracoth
30-01-12, 21:37
Considering my now fiance just proposed last night, yeah I'd say I believe in love.

Kelly Craftman
30-01-12, 21:38
Considering my now fiance just proposed last night, yeah I'd say I believe in love.

OMG Congratulations :hug:

I'll be expecting an invite in the post. :D

TRULuverzz
30-01-12, 21:39

:eek: Congrats! Wish you both the best :hug:

skylark1121
30-01-12, 21:40

That's interesting.... So you say a human can only love something so long as they don't know how it actually feels about them..... :/

b.gluch
30-01-12, 21:40

Awwww, congrats!!! <3 how long have you 2 been together??

Linoshi Croft
30-01-12, 21:43

I think you're the most cynical person on TRF, just being honest...

Cynical? :vlol: Wow, just because I acknowledge some people think its all fairytale romance crap...I think that is a very unfair thing to call me as I'm far from cynical but as you think. I'm not being funny you have people as young as freaking 12 in relationships :p I really don't think they see more to it than "Rainbows and Butterflies".. Plus I've known people as old as 24 with that outlook on love and when they've found themselves in an actual relationship they learnt it the hard way.

I don't quite understand how I'm cynical for observing real life people and making a judgement on that. Plus don't you think calling me the "most cynical person on TRF" of one post is a bit extreme...

Catracoth
30-01-12, 21:50
OMG Congratulations :hug:

I'll be expecting an invite in the post. :D

:eek: Congrats! Wish you both the best :hug:

Awwww, congrats!!! <3 how long have you 2 been together??

@Kelly, with a first class trip to the US <3
@TRU thanks dear :hug:
@b.gluch Thanks <3 let me think lmao Jesus, I wanna say 8 months.

jarekhanzelka
30-01-12, 21:53

.......what?

Larapink
30-01-12, 22:00
Plus I've known people as old as 24 with that outlook on love and when they've found themselves in an actual relationship they learnt it the hard way.
24 isn't old, it's still a young age..

Well it just looks like I am one those people you described..

Kelly Craftman
30-01-12, 22:01
@Kelly, with a first class trip to the US <3

Already got my outfit ready. <3 :hug:

He didn't mean old as in old age.

Linoshi Croft
30-01-12, 22:03
^Exactly, Kelly.

@Larapink Are you taking what I said personally?

What you've gone from saying..

...which would mean you don't see love as just rainbows and butterflies to...

Saying you are.. :confused:

Larapink
30-01-12, 22:07
He didn't mean old as in old age.
It read like that to me...

^Exactly, Kelly.

@Larapink Are you taking what I said personally?

What you've gone from saying..

...which would mean you don't see love as just rainbows and butterflies to...

Saying you are.. :confused:
Maybe, but I think we have resolved this now..
It was just a misunderstanding on my part. :pi:

Linoshi Croft
30-01-12, 22:08
So am I still classified "as the most cynical person on TRF" or not? :p

Larapink
30-01-12, 22:10
So am I still classified "as the most cynical person on TRF" or not? :p
No you're not, I rushed in with that comment :eek:
My apologies :o