PDA

View Full Version : General Sophie Ellis-Bextor Thread

pekirock
28-01-12, 22:36
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/pekirock/Sophie_Portrait_02-1-2.jpg http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/pekirock/ellis201920x1440-1-1-1.jpg http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/pekirock/Sophie_Portrait_02-1-1-1.jpg

Sophie Michelle Ellis-Bextor (born 10 April 1979) is an English singer, songwriter, model and occasional DJ. She first came to prominence in the late 1990s, as the lead singer of the indie rock band Theaudience. After the group disbanded, Ellis-Bextor went solo, achieving widespread success in the early 2000s. Her music is a mixture of mainstream pop, disco, nu-disco, and 1980s electronic influences.

Her solo debut album, Read My Lips, was released in September 2001. The album reached number two on the UK albums chart and was certified double platinum by the British Phonographic Industry (BPI).[1][2] The record experienced international success, selling more than 2 million copies worldwide.

Studio Albums:

Read My Lips
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e1/Sophielips1.jpg/220px-Sophielips1.jpg

Shoot from the Hip
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/62/Shootfromthehip.albumcover.jpg/220px-Shootfromthehip.albumcover.jpg

Trip the Light Fantastic
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/24/SEB_TripLight.jpg/220px-SEB_TripLight.jpg

Make a Scene
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b2/Make_a_Scene.jpg/220px-Make_a_Scene.jpg

Singles:

Take Me Home (A Girl Like Me)
Murder on the Dancefloor
Get Over You/Movie This Mountain
Music Gets the Best of Me

Mixed Up World
I Won't Change You

Catch You
Me and My Imagination
Today the Sun's on Us
If I Can't Dance

Bittersweet
Off & On
Starlight
Revolution

If I could explain her music I would describe it as something similar to Kylie Minogue. Its very disco! Love it! Anyone else a fan? :jmp:

Zelda master
28-01-12, 23:10
Ow Sophie, Sophie, Sophie... She can always catch me :D

BrandonFlowers
28-01-12, 23:51
Very much a British flopstar version of Kylie :hug:

I do love Sophie though, although her two recent albums are far superior to her first 2.

Weemanply109
29-01-12, 00:08
I seen you listening to her on Last.fm and I searched her up a bit. I'm trying to get into her discography atm. :D

TRULuverzz
29-01-12, 00:12
OMG a Sophie Ellis Bextor thread, THANK YOU! :hug:

I've listened to her songs "not giving up on love" with armin van buuren and "can't fight this feeling", she is the best! :D

pekirock
29-01-12, 00:25
Very much a British flopstar version of Kylie :hug:

I do love Sophie though, although her two recent albums are far superior to her first 2.

Yep, her last two are farrr better than the first two!

Make a Scene is my fave, followed by Trip the Light Fantastic.
Although Im kind of curious is there a reason she isnt as successful as Kylie? I mean her material is just as good!

@TRULoverzz I love CFTF, it reminds me of Hung Up, not sure why :p

MyRaider4Life
29-01-12, 00:26
Srsly, this thread took its time. >_>

I've loved Sophie since I was like, 7, not even kidding, haha. I had Read My Lips, and probably half the singles. :') She was the GaGa of my younger years. <3

Zelda master
29-01-12, 00:40
She was the GaGa of my younger years. <3

Don't you compare this beauty to that... That... Thing! http://www.gmaker.org/forum/smileys/whip.gif

TRULuverzz
29-01-12, 01:01
@TRULoverzz I love CFTF

Me too :D

Sophie Ellis Bextor can NEVER be compared to Lady Gaga, She's more of a legend than Gaga will ever be!

Sophie Ellis Bextor's existence and career > Lady Gaga's career

pekirock
29-01-12, 01:58
Me too :D

Sophie Ellis Bextor can NEVER be compared to Lady Gaga, She's more of a legend than Gaga will ever be!

Sophie Ellis Bextor's existence and career > Lady Gaga's career

I dont really know if they can even be compared... They are like completly different artists :p

TRULuverzz
29-01-12, 02:03
Well if we considered her a Pop artist then she's be greater than Gaga :p

noonbob
29-01-12, 11:10
I love Sophie's music it's great especially her first songs i read somewhere that she is working on her 5th album or something :)

pekirock
29-01-12, 16:20
I love Sophie's music it's great especially her first songs i read somewhere that she is working on her 5th album or something :)

Oh really? Thats awesome! I wonder what direction it will go in... Hopefully this time around the promo will be right and her songs will actually properly chart :p

BrandonFlowers
29-01-12, 16:31
Yep, her last two are farrr better than the first two!

Make a Scene is my fave, followed by Trip the Light Fantastic.
Although Im kind of curious is there a reason she isnt as successful as Kylie? I mean her material is just as good!

@TRULoverzz I love CFTF, it reminds me of Hung Up, not sure why :p

Kylie has far better material :p and she is a much bigger name than Sophie. Sophie is only a real success (and I use that term lightly) in the UK :(
She also seems to pop another baby out when she has a flop album.

pekirock
29-01-12, 16:36
Kylie has far better material :p and she is a much bigger name than Sophie. Sophie is only a real success (and I use that term lightly) in the UK :(
She also seems to pop another baby out when she has a flop album.

Oh I know for sure! But still they have similar material and sound, youd think they would be both just as successful

ultima espio
29-01-12, 16:37
Both of her Children were born prematurely due to complications:o

BrandonFlowers
29-01-12, 16:38
Both of her Children were born prematurely due to complications:o

I know :( she is preggers again, so lets hope it all goes smoothly :hug:

ultima espio
29-01-12, 16:41
I'd really like to meet her one day, that would be nice :) Then I can tell her that I've loved her music since I was 9 and all that jazz xD

Weemanply109
06-05-12, 23:34
CLF proclaimed her as "The Queen".

Bow.

pekirock
06-05-12, 23:36

Bow.

She already was in my book.

Weemanply109
06-05-12, 23:39
^Your book is wrong. Change it to Beyoncé.

jajay119
06-05-12, 23:50

Beyoncé.
Oh I do love a good joke (http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2ft4oXABr1r7h8e7o1_400.gif)

Weemanply109
07-05-12, 00:21
Beyoncé is the most legit artist. I was kidding, but I think she should be credited for something. Everyone labels Britney and Madonna the Queens, but Beyoncé's more of a legit artist than both of them put together, tbh.

Anyway, ontopic: I'm not a huge fan (My typical line). :p

Miharu
07-05-12, 01:47
I must admitt, I'm not a fan of pop music but I actually don't mind her. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't listen to her at home on my iPhone but she's the only popster where I don't roll my eyes.

She has something about her, maybe it's just her look but she doesn't come across as generic like these other so-called 'queens.' :rolleyes:

Oh and I don't care if they're overplayed. I think 'Murder on the dancefloor' and 'Catch you' are amongst the greatest pop songs of all time. :D

So thumbs up for making a Sophie Ellis-Bextor thread. :tmb: Even though I most likely won't come back. But I dunno, just something I really like about her. ;)

jackali
07-05-12, 09:45
I really liked her version of Carly Simon's Nobody Does it Better:
UleW5zWqFbg
Even so, nobody does it better than Carly Simon. ;)

CLF
07-05-12, 09:50

Bow.

She IS. Sophie Ellis-Bextor: Queen of Tesco bags and tea towels 2001-forever.

http://i51.************/14uvzsw.jpg

Spong
11-05-12, 04:21
Sophie rocks. I used to hate her though. Murder on the Dancefloor and that God-awful Groovejet were played to death on the radio & TV when they were new. Hearing them so constantly made me want to hack my own ears off with a spoon. I really hate it when people reference those two tracks as examples of how good she is, she's far-surpassed those countless times with her subsequent tracks.

Uninteresting fact: Sophie's four albums are the only music I have stored on my 360's hard drive :cool:

KC Mraz
12-05-12, 12:40
Uninteresting fact: Sophie's four albums are the only music I have stored on my 360's hard drive :cool:

What? Really? You? That's amazing. The power of the Bextor!

Weemanply109
12-05-12, 12:43

D'aww. Cute. :p

CLF
12-05-12, 15:51

Respect. About 16 of my iTunes top 25 are Sophie Ellis Bextor songs. I know the word "flawless" gets chucked about like a tennis ball around here but Make A Scene (the song and the album) is about the only thing I could rightly apply that word to.

ultima espio
12-05-12, 16:02
I think Adele should step aside :whi:

CLF
12-07-12, 22:45
BOW.

https://distilleryimage11.s3.amazonaws.com/77e5781ccc1d11e1aee522000a1e8a5f_7.jpg

Zelda master
12-07-12, 22:53
Sophie... The hell..? :p

Weemanply109
12-07-12, 23:55
I refuse to bow.

jajay119
13-07-12, 02:29
Sophie is very hit and miss for me. I love her first and third albums, the latter being her best work. But aside from one or two tracks I find her second and fourth albums dull.

Zelda master
13-07-12, 06:34
With exception of few tracks, I hate the first album. And while hef last album was generick junk I enjoy the hell out of it. Now only of they remastered thqt album to vetter quality :pi:

BrandonFlowers
13-07-12, 11:07
BOW.

https://distilleryimage11.s3.amazonaws.com/77e5781ccc1d11e1aee522000a1e8a5f_7.jpg

*bows*

Spong
13-07-12, 11:36
BOW.

How cool is that? :cool::D
She looks all snuggly :cln:

BrandonFlowers
03-11-12, 21:19
I am having a Sophie sesh right now. Why oh why is she not more successful? She makes musis as good as if not better than others in her field. Oh and she is WAY more beautiful.
http://i47.************/2s61zkh.jpg

She features on a new-ish song by some DJ and the song is called Beautiful
nFbrVITjBog

CLF
04-11-12, 00:24
I am having a Sophie sesh right now. Why oh why is she not more successful? She makes musis as good as if not better than others in her field. Oh and she is WAY more beautiful.
http://i47.************/2s61zkh.jpg

She features on a new-ish song by some DJ and the song is called Beautiful
nFbrVITjBog

I approve of all of this.

CLF
06-05-13, 23:48
APOLS FOR THE DOUBLE POST AND THAT. (THE LAST ONE WAS SIX MONTHS AGO SO DON'T PANIC.)

Album 5 appears to be underway, we may be getting it sooner than we think this time, Winter 2013 perhaps? She appears to be aiming for a more organic sound this time around and seems intent on taking a new direction with her music which will be interesting.

There are some video diaries of her studio sessions with some snippets of new music (I can't be arsed embedding them all so here's a link to Sophie's channel.) (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=UUpkrQUdi_LpvwGbOcoM9aHg)

Also, here is a demo of a song from the studio sessions entitled "Young Blood." Its quite nice. I also love that the artwork is just an Instagram selfie taken in the back of a car. Save those pennies, woman.

tL4gXdXiJCw

Spong
06-05-13, 23:52
A new album on the way? Good good :jmp:
That demo is quite nice, very pastoral :tmb:

I also love that the artwork is just an Instagram selfie taken in the back of a car.

Instagram selfie? Is that what people call a photo nowadays? :confused:

CLF
06-05-13, 23:54
A new album on the way? Good good :jmp:
That demo is quite nice, very pastoral :tmb:

Instagram selfie? Is that what people call a photo nowadays? :confused:

A photo taken using Instagram software where the photo is taken by the subject, yes. Its rather self explanatory. :p

Young Blood is very relaxing, actually. I can see it becoming my new "on the train staring out the window and contemplating life" anthem.

Spong
06-05-13, 23:55
A photo taken using Instagram software where the photo is taken by the subject, yes. Its rather self explanatory. :p

LOL, I have no idea what Instagram is, so no, it's not self-explanatory at all really :p
Still, nice tune though, I'm listening to it again :D

CLF
07-05-13, 00:02
LOL, I have no idea what Instagram is, so no, it's not self-explanatory at all really :p
Still, nice tune though, I'm listening to it again :D

Its a rather popular iPhone/Android app, all the cool kiddies are using it! :p

But yes, hopefully things go well for her this era. Her success will obviously be modest at best, but I hope she at least feels satisfied with the outcome now that her expectations have been somewhat humbled. I remember her saying at the beginning of the "Make a Scene" campaign before everything went tits up (when it was still called "Straight to the Heart") that she was expecting her music to be commercially successful because "dance music is really popular nowadays and if I can't make it making dance music then I may as well give up." I'm very glad she hasn't.

pekirock
07-05-13, 00:05
Its a rather popular iPhone/Android app, all the cool kiddies are using it! :p

But yes, hopefully things go well for her this era. Her success will obviously be modest at best, but I hope she at least feels satisfied with the outcome now that expectations have been somewhat humbled. I remember her saying at the beginning of the "Make a Scene" campaign before everything went tits up (when it was still called "Straight to the Heart") that she was expecting her music to be commercially successful because "dance music is really popular nowadays and if I can't make it making dance music then I may as well give up." I'm very glad she hasn't.

Even if it wasnt that successful its not like shes losing money right? From what I remembered she had a few chart toppers in like Italy or Russia or something?

CLF
07-05-13, 00:07
Even if it wasnt that successful its not like shes losing money right? From what I remembered she had a few chart toppers in like Italy or Russia or something?

I doubt she's struggling financially, she probably still gets some handsome Murder on the Dancefloor royalties and whatnot and she funds her music herself now so take from that what you will. She's biarrely popular in Russia, I've never really understood it to be honest.

pekirock
07-05-13, 00:10
I doubt it, she probably still gets some handsome Murder on the Dancefloor royalties and whatnot and she funds her music herself now so take from that what you will. She's biarrely popular in Russia, I've never really understood it to be honest.

Poor Sophie! :(

I really like her, and she has a great voice/personality.. Hopefully things will work out this time around with the right promo?

Wait so if shes independent that means she chooses her own singles/pays for the marketing?

CLF
07-05-13, 00:12
Poor Sophie! :(

I really like her, and she has a great voice/personality.. Hopefully things will work out this time around with the right promo?

Wait so if shes independent that means she chooses her own singles/pays for the marketing?

Yep, she's doing it on her own record label now so in one way or another she's going to be the one that's forking out for it all. The only reason Make a Scene even got a release was because she left Fascination and released it herself.

pekirock
07-05-13, 00:18
Yep, she's doing it on her own record label now so in one way or another she's going to be the one that's forking out for it all. The only reason Make a Scene even got a release was because she left Fascination and released it herself.

Do you by any chance know why Fascination didnt want to release it in the first place? Its sad, I can only imagine how much money someone has to spend on a good promotional campaign

Spong
07-05-13, 00:29
It's criminal that genuinely talented people like Sophie get swallowed up by the never ending wave of tat they call music nowadays. She has a beautifully unique sound. It's an all-round injustice, what's currently everyone else's loss for not listening to her will probably become my (our) loss too one day :(

I also think she also has a beautifully unique look, too :pi::cln:

CLF
07-05-13, 19:15
Do you by any chance know why Fascination didnt want to release it in the first place? Its sad, I can only imagine how much money someone has to spend on a good promotional campaign

I don't think it was a case of them actively not wanting to release it. But Sophie isn't seen as an overly profitable artist unfortunately, her last proper solo hit was in 2007 so I imagine she was very low on Fascination's priority list. Eventually she (and us) got fed up of being dragged around like a dead fish so she just walked out the door, somehow with the rights to the music from "Make A Scene" in tow.

ultima espio
07-05-13, 19:21
She mentioned in a video interview that the album would be ready for September :) I'll see if I can find it.

She's so underrated, I try to play her songs at work so she gets some attention:p

BinRaider
07-05-13, 19:27
I do love her more obscure and meaningful songs but Groovejet will always be my favourite. It was my relentless jam when I was young.

Zelda master
07-05-13, 19:35
Groovejet is a great some, I dont know what it is but it'll always be remembered in this house! :)

CLF
07-05-13, 21:36
Trip the Light Fantastic is her magnum opus, although I definitely feel like she still has a lot more left in her to top it (Make A Scene came very close.) Today the Sun's On Us is one of my favourite songs OF ALL TIME and If You Go is a perfect pop masterpiece. There's also the sheer brilliance of If I Can't Dance, China Heart and Catch You that make it absolutely mind boggling why she isn't more well known outside a small group of pop music enthusiasts (and Russians.)

ultima espio
20-07-13, 14:52
Surprised nobody noticed this, but Sophie's confirmed that her new album finished recording and has been mastered.

Should be due for release in September :)

https://twitter.com/SophieEB/status/346175043518205952

BrandonFlowers
20-07-13, 15:53
So that means it will get released in March 2023.

CLF
02-09-13, 19:11
Confirmed as of today that your friend and ours (Sophie) is taking part in this years Strictly Come Dancing.

This will (hopefully) be good for her profile, and if she's going to go down the reality TV route this is probably the best option for her rather than eating ballsacks on ITV. Saying that, the woman cannot dance worth a ****, she looks like rapidly dying tree (or something) whenever she attempts it. Perhaps she'll end up a black horse or something, but I doubt it, I can see the tabloids having a field day with the "Murder on the Dancefloor" puns already, oh dear.

Nevertheless, this is an excellent opportunity to plug the new album and hopefully it'll get a quicker release off the back of it.

Anyway, here is a (beautiful) photograph for you all to look at.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/09/02/article-2408912-1B957B89000005DC-160_634x803.jpg

ThatToastyBass
02-09-13, 21:31
I never got the appeal of her in terms of looks - certainly not bad-looking, but her face was a bit too wide for my tastes, in addition to being far too similar to that of her fishwife mother (former Blue Peter presenter and general hag, Janet Ellis.)

'Murder on the Dance Floor' was as good as her output got in my opinion. I'm not too keen on much else she did. Glad though that Groovejet kept sour-faced trout Victoria Beckham from becoming singles chart no. 1 all those years ago.

ultima espio
02-09-13, 21:43
https://twitter.com/SophieEB/status/374613564952412160

Sophie Ellis-BextorVerified account ‏@SophieEB

“@danielshklyar: @SophieEB how many 'Murder on the Dancefloor' will they shoehorn into every episode?!” Tons! Especially if I'm rubbish.

:vlol:

BrandonFlowers
03-09-13, 10:39
I reckon she'll be quite good at this, one of those who starts off average but improves alot. It's not like she has anything else to do other than practise.
If Alesha Dixon can use Strictly to get a few decent hits and a semi successful album, Sophie can (to a smaller scale)

Spong
03-09-13, 20:15
Sophie, Rachel Riley and Susanna Reid? All they need now is a paddling pool filled with melted chocolate and some loose fitting bikinis and they've got the makings of a truly legendary series :cln:

I won't watch it (I'm not 300 years old) but I hope Sophie wins :jmp:

noonbob
05-09-13, 17:47
my fav Sophie Ellis-Bextor music video was this

r72Sbmj2OrM

what a hot mannequin she would make ;)

its a shame she isn't popular like most these "great" artists that are absolute poop (in my books)

she deserves more appreciation than celebs like miley cyrus

Spong
07-09-13, 13:29
^That's an excellent video, I haven't seen it in ages. I love the way she starts dancing towards the end, the quick cutaways of her they show in between the lyrics :cool:

Anyway, seeing as there's absolutely bugger all else on tonight (Saturday nights have been painfully empty since TV Burp stopped) I've decided to do my best to watch Strictly in support of Sophie :tmb:. I'll just have to try and mentally snip out the presence of Bruce Forsyth, as I've been doing ever since first seeing him all those years ago presenting Play Your Cards Right.

Tombraider95
07-09-13, 14:29
r72Sbmj2OrM

One of my very first favourite songs but when I was younger. Always love the bits where she smashes the windows XD

coolaideonfire
07-09-13, 14:45
I didn't expect this to be something Sophie would do lol. I'm kinda excited to see her on TV again though.

noonbob
07-09-13, 20:28
One of my very first favourite songs but when I was younger. Always love the bits where she smashes the windows XD

Yeah i loved this when i was younger too and still do :tmb:

^That's an excellent video, I haven't seen it in ages. I love the way she starts dancing towards the end, the quick cutaways of her they show in between the lyrics :cool:

Yeah i loved the video and that is what attracted me to it when i first saw it over 10 years ago ;)

CLF
08-09-13, 00:27
She was adorable tonight, so wonderfully awkward and odd. I love that the first thing she said to Brendan when she was paired with him was "sorry." She knows she's **** doesn't she. I can't wait to see her dance, I would die if she somehow turned out to be amazing.

Also I had a little chuckle to myself when she spoke Russian to Pasha, of course you speak Russian Sophie. Of course you do.

Spong
08-09-13, 00:56
She knows she's **** doesn't she.

She admitted to having only used choreography in one video, so yeah, she does know. But that's the whole point of Strictly, isn't it? Or are you saying that a contestant like Deborah Meaden is the female Wayne Sleep?

Also I had a little chuckle to myself when she spoke Russian to Pasha, of course you speak Russian Sophie. Of course you do.

Hate to disappoint you but she can speak some Russian, she's always been quite popular in Russia and has done tours there. There's plenty of YouTube vids of her performing concerts in Russia and speaking a some Russian.

Anyway, I sat through Strictly tonight. Having never watched it before, I didn't know the entire show would be wasted on introductions. There wasn't nearly enough Sophie :/

CLF
08-09-13, 01:09
She admitted to having only used choreography in one video, so yeah, she does know. But that's the whole point of Strictly, isn't it? Or are you saying that a contestant like Deborah Meaden is the female Wayne Sleep?

Why so defensive? All I was saying was that I admire her humble nature and that I'm excited to see her dance, albeit in a rather crude way. Bloody hell.

Hate to disappoint you but she can speak some Russian, she's always been quite popular in Russia and has done tours there. There's plenty of YouTube vids of her performing concerts in Russia and speaking a some Russian.

I know, that was my entire point, haven't you read my posts in this thread? I find her random popularity in Russia intriguing.

Spong
08-09-13, 01:13
I find her random popularity in Russia intriguing.

It was probably an exchange thing, what with tATu being pretty popular over here (at one point anyway) :p

CLF
08-09-13, 01:18
It was probably an exchange thing, what with tATu being pretty popular over here (at one point anyway) :p

Round about the same time Sophie was, yes. Quite an uneven exchange if you ask me.

Can Russians vote on Strictly? :p

lance6439
08-09-13, 01:23
i had no idea spong liked a female artist

thats a first

Spong
08-09-13, 01:27
Can Russians vote on Strictly? :p

Fingers crossed that they can :tmb::D

i had no idea spong liked a female artist

thats a first

I like Melanie C as well, and she's a woman too :eek:

BrandonFlowers
09-09-13, 11:43
She was adorable tonight, so wonderfully awkward and odd. I love that the first thing she said to Brendan when she was paired with him was "sorry." She knows she's **** doesn't she. I can't wait to see her dance, I would die if she somehow turned out to be amazing.

Artem, she was talking to Artem, not Pasha :p

CLF
09-09-13, 13:32
Artem, she was talking to Artem, not Pasha :p

I'm sorry.

Spong
28-09-13, 08:23
I managed to sit through Strictly again last night, or part of it anyway. As luck would have it, I started watching just as Sophie took to the dancefloor. She was excellent and the judges were wrong to only give her 28 points.

CLF
29-09-13, 13:56
She was actually quite good, wasn't she? 28 is actually a terrific score for week 1, don't get your knickers in a twist because they didn't give her 40 on the first week, then there would be no JOURNEY (obviously.) The 7s she received were fair and more or less spot on, not many people get that in the first week and she actually did much better than I was expecting her to. She will improve as time goes on and her score will continue to rise, she's doing fine

BrandonFlowers
01-10-13, 17:09
I managed to sit through Strictly again last night, or part of it anyway. As luck would have it, I started watching just as Sophie took to the dancefloor. She was excellent and the judges were wrong to only give her 28 points.

I agree, she deserved more than 28. I enjoyed her dance far more than Abby "trout pout" Clancy and she got 32.

ultima espio
14-10-13, 19:01
Sophie's finally confirmed, through facebook that her new album Wanderlust will be out January 20th 2014.:)

CLF
15-10-13, 16:48
Here is something completely unheard of in Sophie Land, known to regular fans of pop music as CONCRETE NEWS.

As has been previously stated, Sophie announced today that Wanderlust will be released on January 20th, which is literally quite soon.

Here is some lovely album art:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61qctQdluxL._SY355_.jpg
RUSSIAN.

This is what the track listing looks like:
1. Birth Of An Empire
2. Until The Stars Collide
3. Runaway Daydreamer
4. The Deer & The Wolf
5. Young Blood
6. Interlude
7. 13 Little Dolls
8. Wrong Side Of The Sun
9. Love Is A Camera
10. Cry To The Beat Of The Band
11. When The Storm Has Blown Over

And finally, here is a nice album trailer with some seemingly very good songs in it.
iHNBWUz3CK0

I cannot even fathom what is happening right now. Plans? Schedules? What is this sorcery? Nevertheless, I am beyond excited.

ultima espio
15-10-13, 16:53
I totally just said that :p Though you got more information :vlol:

Though I'm kinda gutted there's no upbeat song this time like Heartbreak make me a dancer:o

Zelda master
15-10-13, 17:06
Here is something completely unheard of in Sophie Land, known to regular fans of pop music as CONCRETE NEWS.

As has been previously stated, Sophie announced today that Wanderlust will be released on January 20th, which is literally quite soon.

A new Mike Oldfield and Sophia album in the same week!? I MUST BE DREAMING! :eek:

Edit: Here's hoping for a vinyl release! :D

pekirock
15-10-13, 17:20
She looks BEYOND drop dead gorgeous in the trailer... Im so ready for new music even if it doesnt seem to be as dance oriented as her previous work :D

CLF
15-10-13, 18:49
MEANWHILE...

This is what Sophie has been getting up to on Strictly Come Dancing recently.

ZRsan_COiD0
i8G3q8q2Ylk

I realise this is slightly less exciting than the news of the new album but MY GOODNESS ISN'T SHE DOING WELL. Who would've thought?

BrandonFlowers
15-10-13, 19:00
MEANWHILE...

This is what Sophie has been getting up to on Strictly Come Dancing recently.

I realise this is slightly less exciting than the news of the new album but MY GOODNESS ISN'T SHE DOING WELL. Who would've thought?

Quite alot of people actually, lots of people thought she'd do well.

CLF
15-10-13, 19:23
Quite alot of people actually, lots of people thought she'd do well.

Those people have clearly never seen any of her videos. Nevertheless this is an isane turnaround and I'm incredibly happy for her. She deserves it and to be honest its about bloody time. I'm like a proud dad every Saturday night I am.

ultima espio
16-10-13, 15:25
That trailer has a very British feel to it. I love how she looks disgusted/bored with Fish&Chips :vlol:

ultima espio
25-11-13, 19:42
The album version of Young blood with the music video has been released:
Se_QtwTo_iI

Zelda master
25-11-13, 20:33
Can't wait for the album, this sounds great! Really fits with her voice! :cln:

CLF
19-01-14, 17:05
So, I received my copy yesterday and had the chance to properly sit down with it this afternoon.

Amazing, firstly, the packaging is sublime and the booklet is lovely. I also got a cute little signed postcard (which is currently attached to my headboard.) The album itself, while a departure, is great. Its just a lovely little collection of songs that you would stick on during a freezing cold day to relax a bit. Standout songs so far are "13 Little Dolls" (OHMYGOD), "Birth of an Empire", "Runaway Daydreamer" and "Love is a Camera."

I can see why "Young Blood" was chosen as the first single, its probably the most ideal lead in to this new sound of hers.

There's bugger all hits on this album but is anyone really still hoping for that at this point? The music is for the most part brilliant and unlike anything she's ever done. And also, 13 Little Dolls. What a song.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BeW6A1pIUAAMF6t.jpg:large

ultima espio
19-01-14, 17:15
I was about to say it's been leaked...but yeah :p

I haven't listened to anything other than Young Blood since I don't have the album yet, I watched the trailer again earlier, and it's not normally something I'd listen to, but it's so good :)

I was tempted to get a signed copy actually. I wasn't sure if the album would be any good though...

Oh, and she said in an interview that she's still going to do her usual dance stuff. I'll see if I can find it again :)

Spong
19-01-14, 17:29
There's bugger all hits on this album...

Vicious lies! Every track is a chart-topper :smk:

I like the cover, Sophie's ever the porcelain beauty. I didn't realise the album was out so thanks for the heads up and mini review, I'll have to haul myself to my nearest shop to pick up a copy :tmb:

Zelda master
20-01-14, 13:30
Listening right now, very enjoyable but not a fan of the final mastering. Here's hoping for a vinyl release! :tmb:

Edit: Apparently there is a Vinyl release... Why not here in The Netherlands darned! :mad:

BrandonFlowers
20-01-14, 14:08
This doesn't come with the Auto Rip feature on Amazon :( Have to wait for it to come in the post. Damn.

ultima espio
20-01-14, 14:13
I love it. Totally different style, but she makes it all good :)

Though it kinda gets dull once you get passed Young Blood. I kinda prefer the original Young Blood that she released back in March tbh.

CLF
21-01-14, 12:32
I love it. Totally different style, but she makes it all good :)

Though it kinda gets dull once you get passed Young Blood. I kinda prefer the original Young Blood that she released back in March tbh.

I much prefer the final, it's cleaner, has more of an emotional depth and her vocals don't sound as strained on it. I can't bear to listen to the demo.

I also resent that the album gets boring after Young Blood, 13 Little Dolls is after Young Blood, as is Love is a Camera, and they're two of the best songs on the album.

pekirock
21-01-14, 18:17
I pre ordered the signed copy a while back so Im just waiting for it to pop in my mail box :D

CLF
26-01-14, 19:44
Wanderlust has officially debuted on the UK albums chart at #4! Her highest chart position since her debut and her first top ten in 7 years! She must be absolutely ecstatic right now, I'm beaming for her, it's about time she saw the success she deserves, let's hope she can sustain it for at least another few weeks.

After spending a lot of time with Wanderlust I've come to the conclusion that I absolutely adore it and that it's one of my favourite albums from her. Every time I listen to it I come away with a new favourite song, and I can't just listen to one song from it, I have to listen to the full thing from start to finish and it still sounds as fresh and intuitive as it did on first listen.

I've compiled a spotiffy playlist for my friend who's a bit of a Sophie novice but is accompanying me to see her in April so I've decided to educate. I think it covers most bases (http://open.spotify.com/user/davidwhite93/playlist/79zGTUQZ4mlreEuVURbqnq).

pekirock
27-01-14, 02:03
Im really surprised... Young Blood flopped so I was expecting for Wanderlust to flop as well! Wow..

How Make a Scene charted at 33 while this one went to #4 is beyond me.

In all honesty Wanderlust might be my favourite from her. I know it doesnt have any bangers but overall it flows really well... I like the overall aesthetic of the album

Zelda master
27-01-14, 08:55
Male A Scene, while enjoyable mainstream junk, it was still junk. Bittersweet and maybe two other good tracks can't save a disaster...

BrandonFlowers
27-01-14, 16:25
A boost in popularity and low sales period and a quiet week :p

First week sales of just over 10K so she's almost sold more with this than she has with Make A Scene (total sales currently of about 13K)

My copy FINALLY came today. Listening very soon