PDA

View Full Version : Spartacus Vengeance

DragonSlayer
31-01-12, 15:26
Did anyone see the first episode of Spartacus Vengeance on Sky1 last night.

I thought it was quite good Andy Whitfield's replacement Liam Mcintyre is a decent replacement for Andy, he will need time to grow into the role he has some very big swords to fill.

One thing that annoys me is that i see people referring to Vengeance as season 3 when it isn't, it's a common misconception that the prequel Spartacus Gods Of The Arena was the show's second season, i hate it when people don't bother to check their facts first, the daily mail put a picture of Liam Mcintyre next to the character description for Crixus.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2092080/I-Spartacus-The-man-replacing-Andy-Whitfield-gladiator-tragic-death.html

Larapink
31-01-12, 15:27
I missed it last night, but I am really looking forward to seeing this show -- especially since it's set in Rome during Roman times. :p

Grazie, for the review and your thoughts on the show! :tmb:

lcroft_lc
31-01-12, 17:26
How is the new actor? And is it get more violent and sexual than Gods of The Arena? :p

DragonSlayer
01-02-12, 17:14
How is the new actor? And is it get more violent and sexual than Gods of The Arena? :p

The new guy is quite good and a decent replacement for Andy Whitfield, It's only the first episode so there wasn't as much sexual and violent content as Gods of The Arena the first episode brings you up to speed on what's being going on since Spartacus and his men broke out of Batiatus' house at the end of season 1, i won't spoil any of it for you.

lcroft_lc
01-02-12, 17:19
The new guy is quite good and a decent replacement for Andy Whitfield, It's only the first episode so there wasn't as much sexual and violent content as Gods of The Arena the first episode brings you up to speed on what's being going on since Spartacus and his men broke out of Batiatus' house at the end of season 1, i won't spoil any of it for you.

Thanks. :) I will not be able to see it very soon. Gotta watch it after DVD release. :(

DragonSlayer
08-03-12, 17:10
Just after watching episode 5 again, i won't spoil it for anyone but it was epic, as epic as the fight in the arena at the end of the prequel Spartacus Gods of The Arena.