PDA

View Full Version : How Do People React to Your Post Count?

skylark1121
02-02-12, 18:12
Does your TRF post count ever come up with people in your personal life? If so, what do other people think about it?

I recently told a friend that I was getting close to 2500 posts, and it freaked him out.

It happens to me all the time. If I tell someone, they're like, "OMG, how do you even have a life with that many posts?!" Then, I tell them that I really don't have many posts... comparatively speaking.

Discuss. :D

sandygrimm
02-02-12, 18:19
BLANK! none fur me!

MiCkiZ88
02-02-12, 18:21
I don't tell that many people about my internet life :p But I suppose they would be shocked...

xXhayleyroxXx
02-02-12, 18:22
It doesn't come up in conversation :p People on here say I spam though xD That's usually the reaction I get (totes don't, how vereh dare you >.>).

TRULuverzz
02-02-12, 18:22
I'm not the type to brag about my post counts, but if they knew their jaws would drop! :yik:

Phlip
02-02-12, 18:23
No real life people have found out, but if they did, I'd die of embarrassment. XD I am actually embarrassed at the amount I have. :o I wish someone could lower it to like, 3,000.

jarekhanzelka
02-02-12, 18:28
My brother noticed my count once and was disappointed. He said I should have at least 30 000 posts since the time I joined. ;_;

Jami393
02-02-12, 18:30
I sometimes keep my internet life and my social life seperate, so no one actually knows I really post on TRF.:D

Gabi
02-02-12, 19:20
People do not react to my postcount other than to congratulate me when I reach another thousand.
In real life it has never come up in a conversation and I honsetly don't think that anyone I know would be interested either.

I myself do not pay any attention to postcount, neither my own nor that of others, but of course I am aware of the congratulation threads and thus do realise when someone has reached yet another "milestone".
To me they are not important, it's just a number. Some members post rarely, others more often and then there are those who comment on almost everything that gets posted (or so it will seem :D).
It's not something that warrants any special attention.

I.M.O. :p

Soul
02-02-12, 19:22
I myself do not pay any attention to postcount, neither my own nor that of others
this :tmb:

Zelda master
02-02-12, 19:27
DO people even care about someone's post count..? :p

EscondeR
02-02-12, 19:29
My what? 0.o

Seriously, does that matter?
It's more important how they react to the quality of your posts... if you share your forum life with them somehow...

StefanJ94
02-02-12, 19:33
I even forgot there is a post count on here. :o
*remembers the days when I was working so hard to reach 1.000* :pi:

Larapink
02-02-12, 19:34
People do not react to my postcount other than to congratulate me when I reach another thousand.
In real life it has never come up in a conversation and I honsetly don't think that anyone I know would be interested either.

I myself do not pay any attention to postcount, neither my own nor that of others, but of course I am aware of the congratulation threads and thus do realise when someone has reached yet another "milestone".
To me they are not important, it's just a number. Some members post rarely, others more often and then there are those who comment on almost everything that gets posted (or so it will seem :D).
It's not something that warrants any special attention.

I.M.O. :p
This. :tmb:

tomekkobialka
02-02-12, 19:48
It never comes up in conversation. Besides, it really doesn't matter how much posts you have, or indeed how much you write in your post (the old saying "Quality is better than quantity" comes into mind). :D

Not to mention, it really doesn't matter how long a member has been on this forum and whether or not he/she has reaches 100 posts...:pi:

Kelly Craftman
02-02-12, 19:49
Do people actually notice post counts anymore?

Legend of Lara
02-02-12, 19:49
They... don't.

Phlip
02-02-12, 19:50
They... don't.

Why? Because you have no friends?

I'm joking. :hug:

Legend of Lara
02-02-12, 19:51
Why? Because you have no friends?

I'm joking. :hug:

Yes. ;_;

Phlip
02-02-12, 19:52

Yes. ;_;

lol, aww, I'm your friend. :hug:

ajrich17901
02-02-12, 19:58
I don't tell that many people about my internet life :p But I suppose they would be shocked...

This, its no ones business to be honest and I doubt anyone would care.:p

jajay119
02-02-12, 20:04
I neither ignore it, nor pay excessive attention to it. I don't post just to get my post count up, but it is nice to see where you are a sometimes.

Greenapple968
02-02-12, 20:06
Barely ever mention it.

Mikky
02-02-12, 20:13
I could not care less about my post count, let alone what other people think of it. :p

Legend of Lara
02-02-12, 20:18
I could not care less about my post count, let alone what other people think of it. :p

Your post count is hot.

Marry me?

Mikky
02-02-12, 20:21
Your post count is hot.

Marry me?

Well, if it's just for my post count... Tempting, but no. :pi:

larafan25
02-02-12, 20:33
I don't even check my post count, yet every once and a while I get a message about it being high. :/

sierra xb
02-02-12, 20:45
my online time and RL are kept basically seperate, so in RL, no one knows so no one cares. On the forums, i think only one or two people even pay any attention to it

patriots88888
02-02-12, 21:32
Who didn't look at the post counts of those who have posted in this thread? :pi: I think in this case it's a natural thing to do... in most cases they are as trivial as Lady Gaga's underwear.

Ikas90
02-02-12, 21:48
Post counts don't mean anything other than how active you are of a member, or how long you've been here for. :p

But yes, people would think that 20,000 posts is a hell of a lot.

Weemanply109
02-02-12, 22:17
I keep my social and internet life completely separate.

It's not something that warrants any special attention. [/FONT]

Ditto! :tmb:

Alpharaider47
02-02-12, 22:26
Generally, people label me a spammer(which, Mods... custom title saying so would be cool ;)) but lately nobody has really bothered to notice. 19k, going on 20 :mis:

TRF doesn't come up in my non internet dealings though.

tomblover
02-02-12, 22:41
Do people react to my post count? :vlol: Good question...

17,275 posts over the course of 6 years - it's not that much compared to some people around here. :p

Legend 4ever
02-02-12, 22:46
People I know have said that I post a lot, but if you look at other people's post counts, a lot of them post much more than I do.

I think that I've only gone up a couple hundred posts over the last 12 months or so, all of the other ones are from way before. It's not that I used to spam a lot, it's just that nothing provokes me enough to respond nowadays.

robm_2007
02-02-12, 23:06
When they first see it, they gawk with amazement and wonder. They take it all in over prolong moments with a wide eyed expression.

Then they notice that of Hayley's or Nate's, and are no longer impressed and decide to go be enamored with one twice as big.

Draco
I have a post count?!

tomee
Once two of my classmates saw my postcount (It was around 2500) in the school library, and they almost fainted. :vlol:

Shark_Blade
02-02-12, 23:07
They cower in fear and cuddle in the corner wetting their pants, rocking back and forth.

benjamin_2010
03-02-12, 01:08
lol seriously nobody pays attention to it, or are you all lying?
I pay attention to my own and pretty much everybody's. I can even guess about how many certain members have. :o

So anyway, yeah I notice. I get kind of weirded out when people have like 30k+ posts lol. Especially if they've only been here for a couple of years.

I guess I am just more of an observer than a talker. I think this forum is so addicting and I check it daily, but my post count is pretty low considering. Oh well. I guess I'll just continue to creep on people's post counts. lol

Gracious Days
03-02-12, 01:28
I guess I am just more of an observer than a talker. I think this forum is so addicting and I check it daily, but my post count is pretty low considering.

This, exactly. For the time being anyway.

Encore
03-02-12, 01:58
I don't think anyone even looks at post counts (I mean here on the forum).

IRL, I don't tell anyone how much time I spend here. :p But then, I don't tell anyone a lot of things.

Spong
03-02-12, 02:39
I once proclaimed to a friend that I had a 13k post-count here. He said I was a sad Tomb Raider-loving ****. And in many ways he's right :vlol:

sheepman23
03-02-12, 02:41
They don't react... because they don't know. :p

I think a lot of them would think I was weird though. I would just tell them that I enjoy sharing an interest with so many others, since nobody that I know IRL likes Tomb Raider. Well, my mom does, but she hasn't played any of the games in years. :pi:

skylark1121
03-02-12, 03:38
I think a lot of them would think I was weird though. I would just tell them that I enjoy sharing an interest with so many others, since nobody that I know IRL likes Tomb Raider. Well, my mom does, but she hasn't played any of the games in years. :pi:

This.

----

The point of this thread wasn't to give your opinion on whether or not post count is important. The point of this thread was to discuss how outside people react to someone having a lot of posts on a forum....

I was just curious, because --for the most part-- I keep my online social life separate from my physical social life as well. I just happened to tell a friend, and it was a big deal to him. :pi:
:D

Shark_Blade
03-02-12, 04:13
lol seriously nobody pays attention to it, or are you all lying?Why do we need to lie?:confused: Honestly, I've paid no attention to it much. It's just post counts after all. Some can reach thousands in months, but me I'm a slow reader and typer. No biggie.

domino92
03-02-12, 04:33
I don't know my post count, hold on let me check.

OBVIOUS EDIT: 2900? Thats quite a bit, but I could do better.

NCFirebolt21
03-02-12, 05:04
In the wise words of Love2Raid, "Post count means nothing." :)
Since then, I've not bothered about mine. I keep watch on a few people (friends) and if a thread pops up for them, I post in it. :)

skylark1121
03-02-12, 05:41
OMG, as I've tried to say, this thread isn't "What does post count mean to you?".

I'm not asking about whether post count 'matters' to you, I'm asking how people react to it. >.<

:p

domino92
03-02-12, 06:09
OMG, as I've tried to say, this thread isn't "What does post count mean to you?".

I'm not asking about whether post count 'matters' to you, I'm asking how people react to it. >.<

:p

Well how often is it forumers brag to their friends, "OMG CHECK OUT MA POSTCOUNT!" This is the first real discussion about post count... ever, since Ive been around anyway. I know I don't tell anyone my post-count, hell, I didn't know it until 2 posts ago!

skylark1121
03-02-12, 06:19
Well how often is it forumers brag to their friends, "OMG CHECK OUT MA POSTCOUNT!" This is the first real discussion about post count... ever, since Ive been around anyway. I know I don't tell anyone my post-count, hell, I didn't know it until 2 posts ago!

:vlol:
That doesn't happen very often. :pi:
I think I've told two or three people -- only when there's nothing else to talk about. :p

But no... I don't just go around screaming my post count. :vlol:

LOL, at least I keep my topics... fresh?... Yeah. :D

domino92
03-02-12, 06:31
But no... I don't just go around screaming my post count. :vlol:

LOL, at least I keep my topics... fresh?... Yeah. :D

Yeah, you do have fresh ideas... stolen.

scoopy_loopy
03-02-12, 07:54
It's never come up IRL! D: As for my count, I can't even really remember what it is. So I'm just going to go ahead and say, "it's pretty standard for the amount of years I've been here". :pi:

Edit: Holy hell! 13 thousand? *feints* I don't spam, I promise. D:

Tonyrobinson
03-02-12, 07:56
TRF is my internet life so my social life isn't affected by my posts! :p

Lara Croft!
05-02-12, 13:08
My boyfriend knows and at first he was surprised but as years went by and he became a regular member in a Heavy Metal Music Forum he began to understand. He has also discovered through the years that I learn many interesting things here, and not only about Lara and that I have met some very interesting people.

As for my family and friends, I have mentioned various times that I'm a member here, but I don't think I had ever mentioned the post count. I don't believe anyone would care about my 21K :D

Carbonek_0051
05-02-12, 13:10
Does your TRF post count ever come up with people in your personal life? If so, what do other people think about it?

Why would I tell people about it in my personal life? What would be the purpose? :vlol:

cezy rockeru
05-02-12, 13:12
omfgspammeryoushouldbebannedomgwhydoyouhavesomanyp ostsyouhavenolifeomgomgomggetalifeee

that's how the only two people that know of my existence on trf react.

:(

Mmhmm
05-02-12, 13:56
I was on another forum in IT the other day, and my friend saw my post count (nearly 17k), he said 'wow, you really have no life'.