PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Levels in TR Games

Laraqua
04-02-12, 08:58
Hi! to everyone on TR Forums.
Is there a hidden level in TR Legend.
I have finally completed my first PC game. I saw TR Legend in a local PC store and thought I would give it a go. After much blood, sweat and tears, I finally completed 100% game. It has left me totally bemused, why does Lara get all of the good stuff at the end of the game (Unlimited ammo, invincibility, cheats etc.) When she does not really need them. Surely there must be a hidden level for Lara to use all these superpowers, there must be some super army or super boss to defeat.
There are lots of tantalising things in the game that might lead to a hidden level. There are also lots of down right stupid? things in the game, like the helicopter in Kazakhstan, and flashing doors that don't do anything.
Are all TR games, and other similar games in general like this, with frustrating ends.
I am not bashing the game, I actually really enjoyed the game. I just have this feeling of frustration that something is missing from the Legend game.
I have actually dug really deep down in the game, looking for hidden levels using TexMod. There are some really strange things down there, like secret tombs etc.

Question:- Is it OFFICIAL from the game makers, that there are no hidden levels, secrets, treasures etc. in TR Legend.

Spong
04-02-12, 09:07
Legend has artefacts to collect, silver & gold ones, I'm sure you've found some if not all of those by now. And there's the time trials to unlock more bonuses. But there's no secret levels to speak of in any version of the game, that's official.

I agree with you completely about being annoyed at receiving all those cool bonuses once you've completed the game and there's nothing left to use them on. It's the same with all games nowadays really, it seems somewhat pointless and anticlimactic if you ask me. Why give you all this stuff if the only thing it's any good for is completing levels you've already done?

And welcome to the forum :wve:

Laraqua
04-02-12, 10:20
Spong

Thanks for the good news and the bad news.

Good news:- No hidden level in Legend, I can now move on.
Bad news:- I was actually looking forward to tearing the game apart, looking for hidden levels etc. There is some really strange stuff when you start to dig down deep.

Many thanks for the welcome.

Saman
04-02-12, 10:26
True, there is no hidden levels, but you can unlock new outfits and try some extra too by using some mod tools, check out this:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=77555

So if you've got bored of LEGEND (well honestly Tomb Raider games never going to bored you know!), you can start modding!

Greenkey2
04-02-12, 10:28
There was a 'bonus' level in Anniversary (if you can call it that), as a reward for collecting secrets/completing time trials. It was just a large, four-part area you could navigate through that showcased the different levels styles that the production designers and concept artists wanted to use as a means of establishing each location's 'house' style.

So, you wandered through a Greece area, an Egyptian one, a Peruvian cave system and a lost island cave (more Natla's mines than Atlantis). A sweet little visual treat, but no enemies, no pick ups and no real use whatsoever (IMO).

At least in TR3 you could have a jaunt through the All Hallows level for collecting all the secrets :p But seriously, if you're looking for extra nooks and crannies, the Core games and custom levels are the only way to go. Crystal Dynamics didn't seem to think they were worth creating :(

Legend of Lara
04-02-12, 11:19
After much blood, sweat and tears, I finally completed 100% game.

Pffft.

Sorry, but you're talking about Legend. :p

MyRaider4Life
04-02-12, 13:23
Pffft.

Sorry, but you're talking about Legend. :p

HEY. That Kazakhstan speedrun was always hard the first few times. :pi:

musicmaestro10
04-02-12, 13:37
Talking of missing levels I have always been confused by a picture on page 16 of the TRA pc manual. Lara appears to be fighting a t-rex in EGYPT! Does anyone know why this is?

Spong
04-02-12, 13:37
There was a 'bonus' level in Anniversary (if you can call it that), as a reward for collecting secrets/completing time trials. It was just a large, four-part area you could navigate through that showcased the different levels styles that the production designers and concept artists wanted to use as a means of establishing each location's 'house' style.

So, you wandered through a Greece area, an Egyptian one, a Peruvian cave system and a lost island cave (more Natla's mines than Atlantis). A sweet little visual treat, but no enemies, no pick ups and no real use whatsoever (IMO).

Although there wasn't much to it, the Style Unit in Anni was a nice little bonus. But it can't compare to TR3's All Hallows :tmb:

Phlip
04-02-12, 13:40
Talking of missing levels I have always been confused by a picture on page 16 of the TRA pc manual. Lara appears to be fighting a t-rex in EGYPT! Does anyone know why this is?

I see a picture on that page of her sliding back away from a jaguar...

sheepman23
04-02-12, 13:42
Although there wasn't much to it, the Style Unit in Anni was a nice little bonus. But it can't compare to TR3's All Hallows :tmb:

Or Nightmare in Vegas from the Golden Mask. :ohn:

(The Gold games always get overlooked :p)

Laraqua
04-02-12, 14:04
Saman
I have done lots of modding, artwork, videos etc. Its just a matter of getting it all on the TR Forum to share. New to all of this.

Greenkey2
I hope to play all TR games 1-9, after the Crystal games.

Legend of Lara
TR Legend was my first ever game, played on a 1 Gig PC. It just about played, was really slow, and kept crashing because of temperature problems.

MyRaider4Life
I found the bike rides quite easy, it was the boss fight in Ghana that really bugged me, and the end boss fight with Fluffy.

peeves
04-02-12, 15:34
I think Legend was a horrible TR game because of the bad controls and bad camera. Plus on top of that it was short and easy and the motorbikes were annoying.

Spong
04-02-12, 15:43
Or Nightmare in Vegas from the Golden Mask. :ohn:

(The Gold games always get overlooked :p)

I never liked that level myself, too abstract and (as always with me) too modern.

peeves
04-02-12, 15:44
I never liked that level myself, too abstract and (as always with me) too modern.

It's a shame i couldn't ever play the golds/expansions because i'd be happy if i did.

musicmaestro10
04-02-12, 15:46
I see a picture on that page of her sliding back away from a jaguar...

I'm so dumb!