PDA

View Full Version : General Questions and Problems Thread

klona
04-02-12, 19:05
This thread is made for your general everyday problems (If you have any), and when I say problems, I mean any kind of problems including:
-Tutorials
-Homework
-Animal/Pet Problem
-Question about something you want to know that even Google doesn't know
-ETC

Note:
Please stick to the T&C, quote the post you are going to give an advice for, don't spam and please don't reply with 'IDK'.

robm_2007
04-02-12, 19:09
Not to be a Negative Nancy, but I think that people will make their own threads pertaining to their trivial problems, regardless of this thread's existence. I think if this thread was to be successful, it would certainly make GC cleaner and less cluttered. Although, I would have less things to report :(

Sorry to be out of context from what you wanted this thread to be about. You are welcome to report me if you want :pi:

EscondeR
04-02-12, 19:19
We will see how it goes :)

Weemanply109
04-02-12, 19:21
I think it's a good idea, but it might get messy if so many questions get asked and some remain unanswered. Let's hope we try and help each other out here. :)

Jami393
04-02-12, 19:22
Can I have some help with my homework. The thing I need to know is, what are characteristics? I used to remember what they where but now that i really need to know I have forgotten.

larafan25
04-02-12, 19:24
Can I have some help with my homework. The thing I need to know is, what are characteristics? I used to remember what they where but now that i really need to know I have forgotten.

Things which describe something.

A physical characteristic of Lara Croft would be that she has brown eyes.

A non-physical characteristic would be that she is athletic.

robm_2007
04-02-12, 19:25

That's very vague. Here's (http://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=off&q=characteristic&tbs=dfn:1&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=4ZMtT_KZA4GxiQKYtLXjCg&ved=0CCQQkQ4&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=3d20a8eb90f0a6e6&biw=1967&bih=925) what google, a popular method of asking questions had to say.

I would have posted what it says, but there's a bit of info, and I might not post what you were looking for...

Jami393
04-02-12, 19:29
That's very vague. Here's (http://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=off&q=characteristic&tbs=dfn:1&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=4ZMtT_KZA4GxiQKYtLXjCg&ved=0CCQQkQ4&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=3d20a8eb90f0a6e6&biw=1967&bih=925) what google, a popular method of asking questions had to say.

I would have posted what it says, but there's a bit of info, and I might not post what you were looking for...

Thanks for your help, but which one of the definitions would fall under characteristics for a job.

larafan25
04-02-12, 19:46
Characteristics of a job would probably be what that job entails.

Jami393
04-02-12, 19:50
Characteristics of a job would probably be what that job entails.

So if it was a job for ICT, would it be skills like using certain software or being ably to do certaing jobs with a computer.

tomekkobialka
04-02-12, 20:51
If it was something like a PC mechanic, then the characteristics would be: working with manual tools, working with complex machinery, working 30 hours a week etc...

Jami393
05-02-12, 08:57
If it was something like a PC mechanic, then the characteristics would be: working with manual tools, working with complex machinery, working 30 hours a week etc...

OK now I think I understand. Thank you to everyone who helped me out.:tmb:

klona
16-02-12, 16:08
Hey everyone, I need help on writing a 500 word story... But I have no plot to start with in my mind... help please? :)

tomekkobialka
16-02-12, 16:14
Hey everyone, I need help on writing a 500 word story... But I have no plot to start with in my mind... help please? :)

5-year old girl gets raped by a pedophile?

Snazabaz
16-02-12, 16:17
The whole of GC is just a massive sub forum for people to complain about their lives, as if we need a thread for it :p

shebj
^ this isn't a thread about complaints; it's about things you want to know or getting tips and tricks

a story about the cycle of life? and how people deal with it?

Gabi
5-year old girl gets raped by a pedophile?

Are you freaking serious?

shebj
16-02-12, 16:19

I hope not. Otherwise he's kinda sick

tomekkobialka
16-02-12, 16:20

No. My point is that we need more details (what kind of story? I can't believe that the essay should be based on ANY story). And I'm sorry if that post was a bit on the dodgy side. :o

Besides, the best ideas for a story come from within. Just THINK, klona, and an idea will eventually come to you. No need to go around asking on this forum. ;)

Gabi
16-02-12, 16:24
Ah, good to hear. :)
I thought this post was a bit out of character, but these days one can never be certain judging by what some see fit to write.

SkyPuppy
16-02-12, 16:26
i'd like to start making bracelets again, but i'm not exactly sure where to start.

tomekkobialka
16-02-12, 16:28
Ah, good to hear. :)
I thought this post was a bit out of character, but these days one can never be certain judging by what some see fit to write.

:pi: Don't worry, I'm not 'that' kind of person. :D

klona
16-02-12, 16:40
No. My point is that we need more details (what kind of story? I can't believe that the essay should be based on ANY story). And I'm sorry if that post was a bit on the dodgy side. :o

Besides, the best ideas for a story come from within. Just THINK, klona, and an idea will eventually come to you. No need to go around asking on this forum. ;)

I tried and I can't come up with anything. :(

Legend of Lara
16-02-12, 16:42

A young girl in the military is pure, adorable, and too good for this sinful world. ;_;

klona
16-02-12, 16:43
^ I don't really know anything about military...

tomekkobialka
16-02-12, 17:22

Keep on trying. ;)

klona
17-02-12, 04:26
I've been trying since last week. D:
Nothing good so far...

larafan25
17-02-12, 04:33

Write a story about...

People climbing a giant tree, but then it turns out they are just really small.

Or...

A stay at home mom who is having a bad day, lots of things to do and lots of issues arising, and she cries into the sink but the sink is plugged, so now there is another problem, but she has no drain cleaner, so she must take a walk on a beautiful spring afternoon down to the store to purchase some, and during that walk she rediscovers herself and gains a new respect for life, and upon returning home finds that the drain has miraculously been cleared.

klona
17-02-12, 05:02
Write a story about...

People climbing a giant tree, but then it turns out they are just really small.

This one is kind of interesting. :)
Well, how does it start?

larafan25
17-02-12, 05:05
This one is kind of interesting. :)
Well, how does it start?

The synopsis is these two kids meet each day on a hill at a certain time to climb this giant tree. One day they realize the tree is not what is giant, but instead they are really small.

Its a coming of age tale of huge heights.

klona
17-02-12, 05:14
The synopsis is these two kids meet each day on a hill at a certain time to climb this giant tree. One day they realize the tree is not what is giant, but instead they are really small.

Its a coming of age tale of huge heights.

First the boy is walking in the forest, then he sees a girl looking at the sky. He goes up to her and asks her what she's doing and then she tells him she wants to climb the giant tree, then they tried climbing it everyday. In the end they give up thinking that they were small (Young). But a verbal irony strikes here, because they're literally dwarfs.
What do you think? :D

larafan25
17-02-12, 05:18
First the boy is walking in the forest, then he sees a girl looking at the sky. He goes up to her and asks her what she's doing and then she tells him she wants to climb the giant tree, then they tried climbing it everyday. In the end they give up thinking that they were small (Young). But a verbal irony strikes here, because they're literally dwarfs.
What do you think? :D

YES!

YES.

But I feel like a forest is too foresty.

What if there are two houses across the land from each other, and in between is a grassy field with the tree?

It doesnt matter its your story. :p

klona
17-02-12, 05:29
YES!

YES.

But I feel like a forest is too foresty.

What if there are two houses across the land from each other, and in between is a grassy field with the tree?

It doesnt matter its your story. :p

I think it's enough since it's just a 500 word story. :p
Thanks a lot though. :hug: