PDA

View Full Version : Every parents worst nightmare.... narrowly averted

voltz
09-02-12, 22:27
The last thing you ever want to see happen to your kid is to watch them being taken away by some stranger. This thankfully didn't happen....
oRV9-9DFnzk

...and yes, the POS got caught. :ton:

Cristina
09-02-12, 22:35
****!:cen::mad: atleast she was brave and kick the crap out of him :tmb:

Zelda master
09-02-12, 22:58
What the bloody hell :eek:

Chocola teapot
09-02-12, 23:01
I can't believe he expected to get away with it in such a public place.

Thank gawd she was bad-ass enough to fight out of his grasp!

Mikky
09-02-12, 23:25
I can't believe he expected to get away with it in such a public place.

Thank gawd she was bad-ass enough to fight out of his grasp!

What do you mean? It happens so often even in public places like that. :p

Good on that girl, though. :tmb: It would of been tragic if she was abducted at such a young age. :/

larafan25
09-02-12, 23:47
Chances are her mother would have had just as much trouble plucking her from the toy aisle anyways.

Kids these days.

lol

it's good that she's safe.

Rai
10-02-12, 00:01
:tmb: Brave girl. Glad they got the SOB.

knightgames
10-02-12, 00:08
Too bad he didn't try to resist arrest!

voltz
10-02-12, 00:09
Too bad he didn't try to resist arrest!

*facepalm

I'd be more scared if he tried to hurt her at that point.

Shark_Blade
10-02-12, 00:42
Good girl.

Larapink
10-02-12, 01:11
That is frightening, what a brave girl good that she knocked his block off/hit him and escaped!

knightgames
10-02-12, 02:00
*facepalm

I'd be more scared if he tried to hurt her at that point.

From what I understood, he escaped and was caught a mile or so away... THAT'S when I meant he should have resisted... The girl at that time was safe from further conflict with the man

Heck the guy was just let out for (if I remember right) involuntary manslughter.

Spong
10-02-12, 05:51
I was impressed at how the staff of Walmart were so quick to react and prevent the guy from even leaving the store :tmb:

Oh wait...they were nowhere to be found (as it appears in the CCTV footage). Of course Walmart's going to be elated that their footage helped capture the guy, but only because they're brushing over the fact their staff were worse than useless.

klona
10-02-12, 05:56
Good thing she kicked the hell out of him. :p
Run bitch, run!
Little Girl: You can run, but you can't hide. :mis:

skylark1121
10-02-12, 05:57
Some people are sick... :mad:

Good for her!

LaraDuh
10-02-12, 11:18
He was like: Imm kidnap dis little hoe

And she was like: Bitch please...

Miharu
10-02-12, 17:10
He was like: Imm kidnap dis little hoe

And she was like: Bitch please...

So true. :vlol:

But yeah good for her! :tmb:

I remember seeing another piece of CCTV footage where a teacher and a group of school kids are on a school trip and a man comes from nowhere and snatches a little girl, thankfully super teacher to the rescue, kicks his ass! :wah:

moodydog
10-02-12, 17:25
little girls should carry knives around with them.

Sir Croft
10-02-12, 17:28
Aw, she's going to be so badass when she grows up.

Changeling
10-02-12, 20:45
He pick her up but she trollin'.

Good for her! Glad she's safe.

Draco
10-02-12, 22:41
Why was she alone in the first place?

Rai
10-02-12, 22:49
Why was she alone in the first place?

In the video it is stated that the mother was just a couple of aisles down and her daughter was only alone for a moment. The little girl was in the toy aisle. This is hardly something to start 'blaming' bad parenting on, if that's what you're getting at.

Though apparently she was too ill to go to school but well enough to go to the shops :pi:. I'm kidding, if a mum needs to go to the shops for a while, you take the kids, it's easier than finding someone to care for them for a short time at home ;pi:.

Weemanply109
10-02-12, 22:57
Girl is badass. That is all. :cool:

Draco
10-02-12, 23:11
In the video it is stated that the mother was just a couple of aisles down and her daughter was only alone for a moment. The little girl was in the toy aisle. This is hardly something to start 'blaming' bad parenting on, if that's what you're getting at.

Though apparently she was too ill to go to school but well enough to go to the shops :pi:. I'm kidding, if a mum needs to go to the shops for a while, you take the kids, it's easier than finding someone to care for them for a short time at home ;pi:.

But that is exactly what it is... bad parenting. Wal-Mart has to be one of the absolute worst places to leave a child alone.

Changeling
11-02-12, 11:16
^ Oh, please. Back in the 20s, parents would leave their 7-year-old kids at home alone all day, and don't say that kidnapping and that wasn't as common back then, because it was. Yes, the girl nearly did get kidnapped, but I'm sure the Mum assumed she would be about 10 seconds getting something else while her daughter looked at toys for herself. Plus, the girl was evidently quite capable of taking care of herself.

Anja
11-02-12, 11:28
That girls is The future Lara Croft.:)

Joke aside, That girls is brave.Bravo

tomee
11-02-12, 11:42
But that is exactly what it is... bad parenting. Wal-Mart has to be one of the absolute worst places to leave a child alone.

You know, when you'll have child(ren), you'll realise that things like this may happen anytime. I mean you can just turn around and forget about him/her in 10 seconds. And that's not because you're a bad parent, but because you're a human being.

Rai
11-02-12, 12:25

Could you explain why this is? There aren't Wal-Marts near me, so I don't know, though there are of course large stores here, where kids can wonder off to the toy aisle while the parents are just seconds away. It's impossible to keep an eye on your kid every second - unless you tether them to you, which at age 7 just would seem out of place and may cause alarm by others.

^ Oh, please. Back in the 20s, parents would leave their 7-year-old kids at home alone all day, and don't say that kidnapping and that wasn't as common back then, because it was. Yes, the girl nearly did get kidnapped, but I'm sure the Mum assumed she would be about 10 seconds getting something else while her daughter looked at toys for herself. Plus, the girl was evidently quite capable of taking care of herself.

Agreed :tmb:. The mum wasn't in the wrong here. Even in the 70s, prams weren't allowed in shops so mothers used to leave them outside the shop often with baby still in it (says my mum). Sadly there's potential for kidnapping just about anywhere.

You know, when you'll have child(ren), you'll realise that things like this may happen anytime. I mean you can just turn around and forget about him/her in 10 seconds. And that's not because you're a bad parent, but because you're a human being.

Well I wouldn't say 'forget' but you can trust your child and the other shoppers for 10 or so seconds and think it's going to be fine.

Changeling
11-02-12, 12:43
...Even in the 70s, prams weren't allowed in shops so mothers used to leave them outside the shop often with baby still in it (says my mum).

Yeah, my Mum told me that I would sometimes have to be left outside in my pram because the shop wouldn't let the pram in, and that was in the 90's.

tomee
11-02-12, 13:13
Well I wouldn't say 'forget' but you can trust your child and the other shoppers for 10 or so seconds and think it's going to be fine.

You know what I mean. You see some random stuff, so you walk up to it, but you forget to ask your child to stick to you.

Draco
11-02-12, 17:21

Yeah, because leaving a child at home is exactly the same as leaving a child alone in a busy store full of questionable people.

Maybe, maybe not. I'm not sure I'll ever get a chance to find out.

Changeling
11-02-12, 18:57
Yeah, because leaving a child at home is exactly the same as leaving a child alone in a busy store full of questionable people.

And of course, children aren't capable of wandering out of their house when not attended and going around all places playing by themselves.

matrix54
12-02-12, 00:37
I've been to quite a few Wal-Marts, and wondered off into the store at her age. It's nothing new. Sure she is one of few children to potentially get kidnapped, but children wondering in Wal-Mart is nothing new. At least not to me.

I've wondered around FAR more public places alone as a child. At least Wal-Mart is enclosed with staff.