PDA

View Full Version : General Being Human Thread

Jami393
12-02-12, 19:21
I thought I would start a thread on the BBC's Supernatural drama series Being Human. Also this can be a thread for the USA version of the show. We can talk about anything relating to the series including spin-offs. So I think I'll start off with asking did anyone watch the episode premier of series 4 last week?

Weemanply109
12-02-12, 22:56
For a second, I thought this thread was about our human existence... :pi:

I guess i was wrong and judging from the 0 replies, it seems not to many here are familiar with the series.

Jami393
12-02-12, 23:22
For a second, I thought this thread was about our human existence... :pi:

I guess i was wrong and judging from the 0 replies, it seems not to many here are familiar with the series.

Why would it be a program about human existence?

Weemanply109
12-02-12, 23:37
Why would it be a program about human existence?

Not the program, the thread... I thought it was just about discussion of our existence.

Jami393
12-02-12, 23:49
Not the program, the thread... I thought it was just about discussion of our existence.

What would a subject like that be in the Art and Entertainment section?

Linoshi Croft
13-02-12, 00:37
Being Human is AWESOME :D

Not to keen on the complete annihilation of the main gang... :pi:

Weemanply109
13-02-12, 00:38
What would a subject like that be in the Art and Entertainment section?

Cut the smart-ass attitude. Just end it. You're derailing your own thread.

TRULuverzz
13-02-12, 01:16
LOL I thought this thread would be about being human in general :vlol:

Weemanply109
13-02-12, 01:20
LOL I thought this thread would be about being human in general :vlol:

Exactly! :vlol:

LuigiEspadachin
11-03-13, 08:55
I thought the UK version ending is enough justification to bump this. So what did people think of the finale? I personally thought it was ended in a small kinda way, which is fine. But I think it was kind of one of those finales that would've been more effective with the original three. It worked okay for the New Trinity, but hey.

But then, the very last bit the screen tilting after showing the items on shelf raised questions as well. So what did everyone else think?

Erin
11-03-13, 09:31
I was kind of taken aback by the very end when they tried to pull an Inception on us. I don't think it works, though, because if it is all a dream, then whose dream is it? It can't be Tom's because Allison isn't there, and it can't be Hal or Alex's because the origami is there (and I doubt Tom would've mentioned such a silly little detail to them.)

I like to think that the trio managed to stay strong and refused to live in a dream. I mean Tom even said he wouldn't want to live with Allison unless it was real. Alex would have terribly missed Hal and Tom and her fake life meant the Old Ones winning, so she would've refused the dream too. And Hal, well, I can't imagine anyone wanting to live in the 1500's after all he's seen. So that's pretty much my thinking. I can't wait for the DVD to come out so we can see that extra scene Toby was talking about.

ozzman
11-03-13, 10:24
i watched the first 2 seasons on syfy, i like it

Jami393
11-03-13, 14:48
i watched the first 2 seasons on syfy, i like it

Just to ask, seeing that you're watching it on Syfy. Which version of Being Human are you watching? Because there is the US version, and the original UK version of the show.

LuigiEspadachin
29-04-13, 16:21
Fans of the UK version, the DVD exclusive scene promised has been posted to YouTube. It's supposed to clarify the ending of sorts. (Warning: Spoilers if you haven't watched the UK Version finale)

Except it's more of a tease than a conclusion... (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izi4-BGsgS8)

Erin
29-04-13, 16:27
It is a lovely little teaser, but here's what I don't get: how did the devil manage to place all three into an illusion/dream? I thought he couldn't do that unless they agreed to it. And it's obvious the trio didn't want to live in a dream since they refused the first time.

And obligatory "damn you BBC Three for axing this awesome show". I'd kill for a spinoff or a movie right about now.

Jami393
29-04-13, 16:56
It is a lovely little teaser, but here's what I don't get: how did the devil manage to place all three into an illusion/dream? I thought he couldn't do that unless they agreed to it. And it's obvious the trio didn't want to live in a dream since they refused the first time.

The devil put them in those fantasy worlds to show what they could change, and to possibly live their lives the way they wanted, with the knowledge of the events of what happened to them. He was doing this as a temptation in order to get their agreement. If they agreed then the Devil would cause chaos in their original world. They broke this fantasy by either continuing how the events went in reality such as what Hal and Alex did, and with Tom's case, not giving in to the temptation.

And obligatory "damn you BBC Three for axing this awesome show". I'd kill for a spinoff or a movie right about now.

I don't think BBC ended it, because it was one of their high rating series. I actually believe it was the creator Toby Whithouse who wanted to end it, and move on to something else probably.

Erin
29-04-13, 17:42
According to this (http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2013/mar/08/being-human-bbc-right-kill-off) article, the BBC was the one who wanted the show to end. I guess they wanted to make room for In The Flesh or something. Btw, thanks for explanation. :)

Carbonek_0051
20-05-13, 17:02
So I just finished season two of the US version and loved every second of it. I'm sad I have to wait for season three to be uploaded on Netflix. That cliffhanger was just...ugh.

I am trying to watch the UK version but it's kind of boring and the pacing sucks. I don't like the cast much either. Plus the US version pulls off all the supernatural stuff perfectly but the UK seems to not care. :(