PDA

View Full Version : In which level of the Hell do you belong?

the ancient
16-02-12, 18:46
Do the test here! (http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-test.mv)

(It's just for fun)

---

I belong in Level 6 (The city of Dis) between the Heretics :D

Legend of Lara
16-02-12, 18:54
The background of that site hurts my eyes like yo.

http://i.imgur.com/kZRUq.png

mmm hereticy

NRO.
16-02-12, 18:55
Wrathful and Gloomy was on extreme.

Fifth Level of Hell

The river Styx runs through this level of Hell, and in it are punished the wrathful and the gloomy. The former are forever lashing out at each other in anger, furious and naked, tearing each other piecemeal with their teeth. The latter are gurgling in the black mud, slothful and sullen, withdrawn from the world. Their lamentations bubble to the surface as they try to repeat a doleful hymn, though with unbroken words they cannot say it. Because you lived a cruel, vindictive and hateful life, you meet your fate in the Styx

Bloody hell that was long.

larafan25
16-02-12, 18:57
Level 8 bitches.

I don't think people deserve to die for their crimes, but I deserve this for touching myself! <3

KC Mraz
16-02-12, 18:59
"Are you ever attracted to members of your same sex?"
"Do you often touch yourself in an impure manner?"
"Are you overweight?"

Oh my god, stop judging me.

------------------------

Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis
You approach Satan's wretched city where you behold a wide plain surrounded by iron walls. Before you are fields full of distress and torment terrible. Burning tombs are littered about the landscape. Inside these flaming sepulchers suffer the heretics, failing to believe in God and the afterlife, who make themselves audible by doleful sighs. You will join the wicked that lie here, and will be offered no respite. The three infernal Furies stained with blood, with limbs of women and hair of serpents, dwell in this circle of Hell.

Who are sent there? Heretics. Score: Extreme

BrandonFlowers
16-02-12, 19:00
Level 5 :D

cezy rockeru
16-02-12, 19:03
Fifth Level of Hell
he river Styx runs through this level of
Hell, and in it are punished the wrathful
and the gloomy. The former are forever
lashing out at each other in anger, furious
and naked, tearing each other piecemeal
with their teeth. The latter are gurgling in
the black mud, slothful and sullen,
withdrawn from the world. Their
lamentations bubble to the surface as they
try to repeat a doleful hymn, though with
unbroken words they cannot say it. Because
you lived a cruel, vindictive and hateful life,
you meet your fate in the Styx.

some questions were just stupid and pathetic.

do you touch yourself?
are you overweight?
religion is fiction?

larafan25
16-02-12, 19:05

do you touch yourself?
are you overweight?
religion is fiction?

The religion is fiction one was a pain in the ass...

Because I think the idea of God isn't fiction, but think ****ing Adam and Eve and all the bible stories are.

Also, am I in Hell for being skinny? Or is it the other way around? Why is my judgment better than God's? :pi:

the ancient
16-02-12, 19:06

do you touch yourself?
are you overweight?
religion is fiction?

It's based on a midieval book so yeah :p
And well just for fun.

Yeah, party in level 6!

Rai
16-02-12, 19:08
In Limbo I go apparently:
First Level of Hell - Limbo

Charon ushers you across the river Acheron, and you find yourself upon the brink of grief's abysmal valley. You are in Limbo, a place of sorrow without torment. You encounter a seven-walled castle, and within those walls you find rolling fresh meadows illuminated by the light of reason, whereabout many shades dwell. These are the virtuous pagans, the great philosophers and authors, unbaptised children, and others unfit to enter the kingdom of heaven. You share company with Caesar, Homer, Virgil, Socrates, and Aristotle. There is no punishment here, and the atmosphere is peaceful, yet sad.

cezy rockeru
16-02-12, 19:10
It's based on a midieval book so yeah :p
And well just for fun.

Yeah, party in level 6!

but i don't see why i should be in hell for touching myself (:pi:), being over/under(?)weight, thinking idkwho predicts the future, being male or so. :p

Chocola teapot
16-02-12, 19:11
Level 2, lmao.

http://i.imgur.com/dfsmW.png

You have come to a place mute of all light, where the wind bellows as the sea does in a tempest.
This is the realm where the lustful spend eternity. Here, sinners are blown around endlessly by the unforgiving winds of unquenchable desire as punishment for their transgressions. The infernal hurricane that never rests hurtles the spirits onward in its rapine, whirling them round, and smiting, it molests them. You have betrayed reason at the behest of your appetite for pleasure, and so here you are doomed to remain.
Cleopatra and Helen of Troy are two that share in your fate

the ancient
16-02-12, 19:13
but i don't see why i should be in hell for touching myself (:pi:), being over/under(?)weight, thinking idkwho predicts the future, being male or so. :p

Touching yourself = lust: a sin
Overweight = Gluttony: a sin
Prediction = Heretic!
Male...well I don't know xD

TRULuverzz
16-02-12, 19:18
EDIT: I read the top of the page and it turns out I'm going to the first level - Limbo

You are one of the lucky ones! Because of your virtue and beliefs, you have escaped eternal punishment. You are sent to the First Level of Hell - Limbo!

klona
16-02-12, 19:18
You are one of the lucky ones! Because of your virtue and beliefs, you have escaped eternal punishment. You are sent to Purgatory!
Yay, I don't think this is very accurate anyway.

tomekkobialka
16-02-12, 19:20
Fifth Level of Hell

The river Styx runs through this level of Hell, and in it are punished the wrathful and the gloomy. The former are forever lashing out at each other in anger, furious and naked, tearing each other piecemeal with their teeth. The latter are gurgling in the black mud, slothful and sullen, withdrawn from the world. Their lamentations bubble to the surface as they try to repeat a doleful hymn, though with unbroken words they cannot say it. Because you lived a cruel, vindictive and hateful life, you meet your fate in the Styx.

Pretty average.

larafan25
16-02-12, 19:31
How the Hell do people only get sent to level 1? D:

WUT.

SirPlagueRat
16-02-12, 19:33
6th Circle. City of Dis.
Apparently, I am a lustful, violent, yet somehow virtuous non-believer. But more importantly, I'M A HERETIC! HSS!!

I'm actually not violent or lustful, so this is very inaccurate... :p

You approach Satan's wretched city where you behold a wide plain surrounded by iron walls. Before you are fields full of distress and torment terrible. Burning tombs are littered about the landscape. Inside these flaming sepulchers suffer the heretics, failing to believe in God and the afterlife, who make themselves audible by doleful sighs. You will join the wicked that lie here, and will be offered no respite. The three infernal Furies stained with blood, with limbs of women and hair of serpents, dwell in this circle of Hell.

EmeraldFields
16-02-12, 19:44
http://i.imgur.com/WUuUQ.png

Can't wait to see all of my fellow heretics in the afterlife! :D

TheRCroft
The 7th level.

The violent, the assasins, the tyrants, and the war-mongers lament their pitiless mischiefs in the river, while centaurs armed with bows and arrows shoot those who try to escape their punishment. The stench here is overpowering. This level is also home to the wood of the suicides- stunted and gnarled trees with twisting branches and poisoned fruit. Beyond the wood is scorching sand where those who committed violence against God and nature are showered with flakes of fire that rain down against their naked bodies. Blasphemers and sodomites writhe in pain, their tongues more loosed to lamentation, and out of their eyes gushes forth their woe. Usurers, who followed neither nature nor art, also share company in the Seventh Level.

O.o

peeves
My results:
http://i42.************/s6n2nn.jpg

Mad Tony
16-02-12, 19:46
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g243/mnts747/5474.jpg

Third level of Hell for me.

Sharon_14
16-02-12, 19:50
I'm at Level 2. I scored high on both Purgatory and Level 2. :p

lustful? lol!

igonge
16-02-12, 19:52
I'm on level 5 :D. I also scored very high on Level 9 :vlol: Right next to Satan himself :p

Sharon_14
16-02-12, 19:54
Wow, I'm almost like a saint. 8D

Cali
16-02-12, 19:54
Um....7th level :I Oh my lordy.

My 'very high' scores were for level 1, 6 and 7 haha.

Catracoth
16-02-12, 19:55
Fifth Level of Hell
The river Styx runs through this level of Hell, and in it are punished the wrathful and the gloomy. The former are forever lashing out at each other in anger, furious and naked, tearing each other piecemeal with their teeth. The latter are gurgling in the black mud, slothful and sullen, withdrawn from the world. Their lamentations bubble to the surface as they try to repeat a doleful hymn, though with unbroken words they cannot say it. Because you lived a cruel, vindictive and hateful life, you meet your fate in the Styx.

A.JJ.G
16-02-12, 19:58
Level | Who Ends Up There | Score

Purgatory | Repenting Believers | Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo | Virtuous Non-Believers | Moderate
Level 2 | Lustful | Moderate
Level 3 | Gluttonous | High
Level 4 | Prodigal and Avaricious | Moderate
Level 5 | Wrathful and Gloomy | Very High
Level 6 - The City of Dis | Heretics | Extreme
Level 7 | Violence | High
Level 8 - The Malebolge | Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers | Moderate
Level 9 - Cocytus | Treacherous | Moderate

* I can understand Gluttonous *takes another bite of chocolate*, Wrathful and Heretic, but violent? I just play incredibly cruel games sometimes. Not like I perform such things on real people :p

** Lustful? I'm the least interested in sexuality of anyone I know :confused:

*** "Are you overweight?" - Why's it any of your ****ing business? (Which means yes)

Rai
16-02-12, 20:01
Wow, I'm almost like a saint. 8D

Why is that, did you not even score a 'level'?

Oh wait, sorry, I didn't see your previous post. :p

Zelda master
16-02-12, 20:02
You are one of the lucky ones! Because of your virtue and beliefs, you have escaped eternal punishment. You are sent to Purgatory!

You have escaped damnation and made it to Purgatory, a place where the dew of repentance washes off the stain of sin and girds the spirit with humility. Through contrition, confession, and satisfaction by works of righteousness, you must make your way up the mountain. As the sins are cleansed from your soul, you will be illuminated by the Sun of Divine Grace, and you will join other souls, smiling and happy, upon the summit of this mountain. Before long you will know the joys of Paradise as you ascend to the ethereal realm of Heaven.

Bitching! :p

http://i39.************/257q0sy.jpg

StefanJ94
Seeing your results I think I'm the worst case :o

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/7015/86036542.png

TRULuverzz
Just for fun I deliberatly answered all of the questions again, except on an bad person perspective:

http://i41.************/r0o9z6.png

Mad Tony
16-02-12, 20:03
Am I the only one here that didn't get a high score for level 6? :p

Gracious Days
16-02-12, 20:05
I'm banished to the Third Level but also scored high for Level 6 -Heretics (understandable) and Level 8 -Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers. I don't think that one's entirely accurate, if I do say so myself. Hmph.

lara c. fan
16-02-12, 20:06
The Dante's Inferno Test has banished you to the Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis!
Here is how you matched up against all the levels:

Level | Score
Purgatory | Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo | Very Low
Level 2 | Low
Level 3 | High
Level 4 | High
Level 5 | Moderate
Level 6 - The City of Dis | Very High
Level 7 | Moderate
Level 8 - The Malebolge | High
Level 9 - Cocytus | Moderate

Can't say I'm surprised. :D

EDIT: Actually, level 8 surprises me a tad.

jonathanrij
16-02-12, 20:07
Level 6:

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu331/jonathanrij/Resultshelltest.png

FloTheMachine
16-02-12, 20:10
I never knew being gay influenced you going to hell. :/
I wanted to go to heaven. Damn!

Jfmeplayer
16-02-12, 20:14
Fifth Level of Hell

Level | Score
Purgatory | Low
Level 1 - Limbo | Moderate
Level 2 | High
Level 3 | Low
Level 4 | Low
Level 5 | High
Level 6 - The City of Dis | High
Level 7 | Low
Level 8 - The Malebolge | Moderate
Level 9 - Cocytus | Low

Not too bad I guess.

A.JJ.G
16-02-12, 20:15
I never knew being gay influenced you going to hell. :/
I wanted to go to heaven. Damn!

Well so does being overweight apparently. I'm screwed. -w-

* And lying.

** And hating people.

*** And not actively changing these things -

Wow, I'm Mega-screwed.

Mikky
16-02-12, 20:19
Level 7

Purgatory Repending Believers Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo Virtuous Non-Believers Moderate
Level 2 Lustful High
Level 3 Gluttonous Very Low
Level 4 Prodigal and Avaricious Low
Level 5 Wrathful and Gloomy High
Level 6 - The City of Dis Heretics High
Level 7 Violent High
Level 8 - The Malebolge Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers Moderate
Level 9 - Cocytus Treacherous Low

Wait, so If I got a level 7, does that mean they're telling me I'm a violent person? Um... I really don't think so. 0_o

peeves
16-02-12, 20:32
Well so does being overweight apparently. I'm screwed. -w-

* And lying.

** And hating people.

*** And not actively changing these things -

Wow, I'm Mega-screwed.

Midgets should be lucky they're not overweight because they'd be in hell. And midgets can't be overweight because they weigh less than what most people weigh.

jarekhanzelka
16-02-12, 20:39
http://i.imgur.com/0462a.jpg

Alive_and_Funky
16-02-12, 20:40
http://i43.************/30huef9.jpg

I'd like to make it clear that I'm not as fraudulent and treacherous as the results make me sound, but I suppose you wouldn't believe me anyway. :pi:

tomblover
16-02-12, 20:46

Purgatory | Very Low
Level 2 | High
Level 3 | Very High
Level 4 | Very High
Level 5 | Very High
Level 6 - The City of Dis | Very High
Level 7 | High
Level 9 - Cocytus | Very HighDear, oh dear. :p

peeves
16-02-12, 20:46
http://i43.************/30huef9.jpg

I'd like to make it clear that I'm not as fraudulent and treacherous as the results make me sound, but I suppose you wouldn't believe me anyway. :pi:

Sure i believe you. ;)

xXhayleyroxXx
16-02-12, 20:50
Your fate has been decided....
You are one of the lucky ones! Because of your virtue and beliefs, you have escaped eternal punishment. You are sent to the First Level of Hell - Limbo!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charon ushers you across the river Acheron, and you find yourself upon the brink of grief's abysmal valley. You are in Limbo, a place of sorrow without torment. You encounter a seven-walled castle, and within those walls you find rolling fresh meadows illuminated by the light of reason, whereabout many shades dwell. These are the virtuous pagans, the great philosophers and authors, unbaptised children, and others unfit to enter the kingdom of heaven. You share company with Caesar, Homer, Virgil, Socrates, and Aristotle. There is no punishment here, and the atmosphere is peaceful, yet sad.
~~~

Purgatory Repending Believers Low
Level 1 - Limbo Virtuous Non-Believers High
Level 2 Lustful Low
Level 3 Gluttonous Low
Level 4 Prodigal and Avaricious Low
Level 6 - The City of Dis Heretics Low
Level 7 Violent High
Level 9 - Cocytus Treacherous

Danni
16-02-12, 21:29

I ended up here too, Ray. :p Oooh, Hayley we also got the same! :vlol: Limbo doesnt sound that bad, I guess. :p Does this mean we Reincarnate or atleast have a chance at Heaven I wonder.. :tea: :D

leglion
16-02-12, 21:31
Level Who are sent there? Score
Level 1 - Limbo Virtuous Non-Believers Very Low
Level 2 Lustful High
Level 3 Gluttonous High
Level 4 Prodigal and Avaricious Moderate
Level 5 Wrathful and Gloomy Very High
Level 6 - The City of Dis Heretics Very High
Level 7 Violent High
Level 8 - The Malebolge Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers Very High
Level 9 - Cocytus Treacherous Moderate

Rai
16-02-12, 21:32
*looks at above 2 posts* (hayley and Danni's posts, sorry Leglion :p)

Yay the coolest girls belong in Limbo :tmb: :p

Danni
16-02-12, 21:33

Hehehe too right Ray. ;) :p

xXhayleyroxXx
16-02-12, 21:34
I ended up here too, Ray. :p Oooh, Hayley we also got the same! :vlol: Limbo doesnt sound that bad, I guess. :p Does this mean we Reincarnate or atleast have a chance at Heaven I wonder.. :tea: :D

Limbo sounds fun if its with you two :D :hug: <3 It doesn't sound too bad :pi: If we do end up there, lets have tea-parties and cakes :p

Danni
16-02-12, 21:43
Limbo sounds fun if its with you two :D :hug: <3 It doesn't sound too bad :pi: If we do end up there, lets have tea-parties and cakes :p

:vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

Awww that sounds lovely. ;) Typical sweet request of you Hay (in a very good way!) but yeah, we'd need Art and animals and we get to meet Philosophers and Authors which are bonuses, for me atleast. :p

xXhayleyroxXx
16-02-12, 21:50

Awww that sounds lovely. ;) Typical sweet request of you Hay (in a very good way!) but yeah, we'd need Art and animals and we get to meet Philosophers and Authors which are bonuses, for me atleast. :p

:p :hug: Yeah that sounds awesome :pi: And there's a castle and meadows so it sounds prettyful <3 Here's for hoping there's smexy knights in shining armour and I think we're sorted :p

TRhalloween
16-02-12, 21:51

But then I lied and took the Jesus freak options and went to Heaven.

trfanX34
16-02-12, 21:55
Seventh Level of Hell
Guarded by the Minotaur, who snarls in fury, and encircled within the river Phlegethon, filled with boiling blood, is the Seventh Level of Hell. The violent, the assasins, the tyrants, and the war-mongers lament their pitiless mischiefs in the river, while centaurs armed with bows and arrows shoot those who try to escape their punishment. The stench here is overpowering. This level is also home to the wood of the suicides- stunted and gnarled trees with twisting branches and poisoned fruit. At the time of final judgement, their bodies will hang from their branches. In those branches the Harpies, foul birdlike creatures with human faces, make their nests. Beyond the wood is scorching sand where those who committed violence against God and nature are showered with flakes of fire that rain down against their naked bodies. Blasphemers and sodomites writhe in pain, their tongues more loosed to lamentation, and out of their eyes gushes forth their woe. Usurers, who followed neither nature nor art, also share company in the Seventh Level.

http://gyazo.com/8f5126442b353b4cd2331b4282ead78a.png?1329428687

Apparently I'm a bad person. Fear me.

EDIT: Though I was pretty pissed off when I did the test so... :p

dizzydoil
16-02-12, 21:59
Seventh Level of Hell
Guarded by the Minotaur, who snarls in fury, and encircled within the river Phlegethon, filled with boiling blood, is the Seventh Level of Hell. The violent, the assasins, the tyrants, and the war-mongers lament their pitiless mischiefs in the river, while centaurs armed with bows and arrows shoot those who try to escape their punishment. The stench here is overpowering. This level is also home to the wood of the suicides- stunted and gnarled trees with twisting branches and poisoned fruit. At the time of final judgement, their bodies will hang from their branches. In those branches the Harpies, foul birdlike creatures with human faces, make their nests. Beyond the wood is scorching sand where those who committed violence against God and nature are showered with flakes of fire that rain down against their naked bodies. Blasphemers and sodomites writhe in pain, their tongues more loosed to lamentation, and out of their eyes gushes forth their woe. Usurers, who followed neither nature nor art, also share company in the Seventh Level.
Level | Score
Purgatory | Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo | Moderate
Level 2 | High
Level 3 | Moderate
Level 4 | Moderate
Level 5 | Moderate
Level 6 - The City of Dis | High
Level 7 | Very High
Level 9 - Cocytus | Low

Well shoot. :D

afzalmiah
16-02-12, 22:13
I got Limbo :) there was a LOT of questions though which annoyed me :(

Rai
16-02-12, 22:20

Aww, that's sweet. I'm in :p.

I know, it doesn't sound too bad at all (except the sad part).

:p :hug: Yeah that sounds awesome :pi: And there's a castle and meadows so it sounds prettyful <3 Here's for hoping there's smexy knights in shining armour and I think we're sorted :p

Mmmhmm. After all, we're in Limbo for a reason :mis: and we wouldn't want to be too good. Where's the fun in that :vlol:

Catracoth
16-02-12, 22:21
"Is touching yourself worth an eternity in Hell?"

Why, yes. Yes it is.

sierra xb
16-02-12, 23:18
Bitching! :p

http://i39.************/257q0sy.jpg

cool, at least someone else will be there with me...

my results..

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j443/sierra-storm/test1cr.jpg

patriots88888
16-02-12, 23:41
http://i41.************/2wdyavk.jpg[/IMG]

This is so subjective...
'Do you believe it's okay to punch someone if they have it coming?'

I'll never back down from a fight if it's in self-defense. And whether you agree or not, some peeps do have it coming. :p

Ikas90
16-02-12, 23:41
I've done this test before, and I have to say it's easier for me to see its flaws now.

Anyway I got Limbo. And it's only because I don't follow any religion, which of course, just goes to show that this test is biased.

I believe in God though.

knightgames
16-02-12, 23:44
There is no hell - no place of everlasting torment, so this seems silly to me.

Weemanply109
16-02-12, 23:49
Level 6: The City of Dis.

I am now repenting for my sins.

Mad Tony
16-02-12, 23:51
There is no hell - no place of everlasting torment, so this seems silly to me.You're not doing a good job of dispelling the atheist stereotype are you? :p

larafan25
16-02-12, 23:52
You don't have to be an atheist to not believe in Hell.

Mad Tony
16-02-12, 23:59
You don't have to be an atheist to not believe in Hell.I know that, I was just assuming. It wasn't even a completely serious comment anyway. Lighten up.

knightgames
17-02-12, 00:14
You're not doing a good job of dispelling the atheist stereotype are you? :p

I consider myself agnostic. But even if I was to claim Christianity, I still do not believe in hell. Hell is a construct made by man to get people to conform. The hell that is refered to in the bible is a place of final burning - a place where refuse is destroyed. Once that item is destroyed it doesn't exist. There is no everlasting torment in flames.

Hell as we think of it today, is the biggest myth regarding god, and because of that many conclude their opinion that god's character is a vengeful diety wanting to cause permanant, everlasting pain on those who didn't follow him. Couldn't be farther from the truth........... at least as far as I've studied.

Alpharaider47
17-02-12, 00:17
Level 8 like a boss :cool:

Level 1 - Limbo Virtuous Non-Believers Very Low
Level 2 - Lustful Very High
Level 3 - Gluttonous High
Level 4 - Prodigal and Avaricious Very High
Level 5 - Wrathful and Gloomy High
Level 6 - The City of Dis- Heretics Moderate
Level 7 - Violent High
Level 8 - The Malebolge Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers Extreme
Level 9 - Cocytus Treacherous High

:vlol: You know, I honestly won't even deny any of them.

Encore
17-02-12, 00:19
Anyway I got Limbo. And it's only because I don't follow any religion, which of course, just goes to show that this test is biased.

Let me get this straight.

You make a test based on an inherently christian concept (as is Dante's Inferno). Which, I assume, you think is bull****.

Then you expect it to be unbiased towards you... because you're an atheist?

http://i.imgur.com/RQ2uQ.jpg

Mad Tony
17-02-12, 00:19
I consider myself agnostic. But even if I was to claim Christianity, I still do not believe in hell. Hell is a construct made by man to get people to conform. The hell that is refered to in the bible is a place of final burning - a place where refuse is destroyed. Once that item is destroyed it doesn't exist. There is no everlasting torment in flames.

Hell as we think of it today, is the biggest myth regarding god, and because of that many conclude their opinion that god's character is a vengeful diety wanting to cause permanant, everlasting pain on those who didn't follow him. Couldn't be farther from the truth........... at least as far as I've studied.You're entitled to your opinion but surely what you just said there would make your more of an atheist than an agnostic? Agnostics from my understanding don't ever rule anything out or in.

knightgames
17-02-12, 00:23
You're entitled to your opinion but surely what you just said there would make your more of an atheist than an agnostic? Agnostics from my understanding don't ever rule anything out or in.

I'm not sure I follow you, Tony. I didn't deny the existence of a diety (though I have my personal doubts and beliefs based on a lot of studying). I just said that the construct of hell as we associate it today is wrong. That construct has warped how man views the character of god.

THAT cnstruct - the one being compared in this topic - doesn't exist.

Alpharaider47
17-02-12, 00:23
I've done this test before, and I have to say it's easier for me to see its flaws now.

I believe in God though.

It's based on Dante's Inferno, of course it's biased, everybody knows that :p

Mad Tony
17-02-12, 00:24
I'm not sure I follow you, Tony. I didn't deny the existence of a diety (though I have my personal doubts and beliefs based on a lot of studying). I just said that the construct of hell as we associate it today is wrong. That construct has warped how man views the character of god.I know, I was just under the impression that agnostics never really ruled anything out with regards to religion. I guess there can always be different kinds of agnostics.

Regardless, this test is only a bit of fun. Nothing to be taken seriously.

knightgames
17-02-12, 00:33
I know, I was just under the impression that agnostics never really ruled anything out with regards to religion. I guess there can always be different kinds of agnostics.

Regardless, this test is only a bit of fun. Nothing to be taken seriously.

I got you. I understand now. I believe there can be a god. Whether some of the things that are written in 'it's' history are true I have issue with. Take Israel coming from Egypt. For forty years they traversed the desert. For forty years they were followed by a pillar of fire by night and a cloud by day. They were fed from stuff that fell from the sky - for forty years. You'd think there would be historical records independant of the bible. They came in contact with other nations in their travels. Never mind the incestuous nature of Adam, Eve, and their children to propogate the earth.

BUT, on the subject of hell, I'm 100% sure that the hell as commonly discussed today has never existed - nor ever will.

And yeah, I know the topic is just for fun. :ton:

KyleCroft
17-02-12, 00:34
Level Four. See you all there!

Scorpio1991
17-02-12, 00:36
Sixth Level we shall see :p

Ikas90
17-02-12, 00:42

You make a test based on an inherently christian concept (as is Dante's Inferno). Which, I assume, you think is bull****.

The reason I took the test was to be able to see if I could pick up on its flaws that I ignored last time. I was not expecting or asking for the test to be unbiased.

I'm not an atheist either lol.

DgoOdz94
17-02-12, 00:43
Eighth level of hell - the malebolge - fraudulent, malicious, panderers

eighth level of hell - the malebolge

many and varied sinners suffer eternally in the multi-leveled malebolge, an ampitheatre-shapped pit of despair wholly of stone and of an iron colour: Those guilty of fraudulence and malice; the seducers and pimps, who are whipped by horned demons; the hypocrites, who struggle to walk in lead-lined cloaks; the barraters, who are ducked in boiling pitch by demons known as the malebranche. The simonists, wedged into stone holes, and whose feet are licked by flames, kick and writhe desperately. The magicians, diviners, fortune tellers, and panderers are all here, as are the thieves. Some wallow in human excrement. Serpents writhe and wrap around men, sometimes fusing into each other. Bodies are torn apart. When you arrive, you will want to put your hands over your ears because of the lamentations of the sinners here, who are afflicted with scabs like leprosy, and lay sick on the ground, furiously scratching their skin off with their nails. Indeed, justice divine doth smite them with its hammer.

TRhalloween
17-02-12, 00:43

I assumed what Saki meant was that he believes there are different ways to get into heaven and that these are biased towards certain Christian beliefs about Heaven and Hell.

b.gluch
17-02-12, 00:45
http://i.imgur.com/ZQ1kl.jpg
not tu sure what this means? is it good or bad????????

Encore
17-02-12, 00:47
I assumed what Saki meant was that he believes there are different ways to get into heaven and that these are biased towards certain Christian beliefs about Heaven and Hell.

It is biased because this particular depiction of Hell is exclusively christian. It was designed by a christian writer inspired by christian mythology.
In case someone doesn't know (which might be the case here) this is the source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_Comedy

GeekOfComedy
17-02-12, 01:19
That was the hardest quiz to read, I think I may need glasses after that!

Fifth Level of Hell

Alpharaider47
17-02-12, 02:01
Eighth level of hell - the malebolge - fraudulent, malicious, panderers

It was the locking of the interns in the freezer that got you :pi:

Stevo505
17-02-12, 02:28
I got sent to Limbo which I would be happy with. I would mind being in the company of great philosophers and authors. At least I'd be around a lot of intelligent people.

BTW how is "touching yourself" considered lustful? It's a natural human action anyway.

Seth94
17-02-12, 02:39
Level 5. :p

sheepman23
17-02-12, 02:41
I'm apparently gluttonous, wrathful, and gloomy...

Level 3 and 5, here I come. :tmb:

ChingKong
17-02-12, 03:32

Same here :p I actually wouldn't mind that. Socrates and Aristotle? Hot dog! :D

TRLegendLuver
17-02-12, 03:35
I go to Purgatory apparently:
Purgatory:
You have escaped damnation and made it to Purgatory, a place where the dew of repentance washes off the stain of sin and girds the spirit with humility. Through contrition, confession, and satisfaction by works of righteousness, you must make your way up the mountain. As the sins are cleansed from your soul, you will be illuminated by the Sun of Divine Grace, and you will join other souls, smiling and happy, upon the summit of this mountain. Before long you will know the joys of Paradise as you ascend to the ethereal realm of Heaven.

shebj
17-02-12, 07:40
level six apparently ; because I do not believe in god himself ;

see ; there goes again to prove how ****ed up the church is. I'm not saying christianity in general, But the church sure is, with their stupid self-made rules. ( priests having sex with children is apparently okay , but you be doomed if you ever engage in sex before marriage )

Lukass
17-02-12, 07:47
Level 8 :vlol:

Miharu
17-02-12, 08:03
Yay! Level one = Limbo!

robm_2007
17-02-12, 08:15
Am I really that bad of a person??? :eek:

The Dante's Inferno Test has banished you to the Eighth Level of Hell - The Malebolge!

Level | Score

Purgatory | Very Low
Level 2 | High
Level 3 | High
Level 4 | Moderate
Level 5 | High
Level 6 - The City of Dis | Low
Level 7 | Moderate
Level 8 - The Malebolge | Very High

Eighth Level of Hell - The Malebolge
Many and varied sinners suffer eternally in the multi-leveled Malebolge, an ampitheatre-shapped pit of despair Wholly of stone and of an iron colour: Those guilty of fraudulence and malice; the seducers and pimps, who are whipped by horned demons; the hypocrites, who struggle to walk in lead-lined cloaks; the barraters, who are ducked in boiling pitch by demons known as the Malebranche. The simonists, wedged into stone holes, and whose feet are licked by flames, kick and writhe desperately. The magicians, diviners, fortune tellers, and panderers are all here, as are the thieves. Some wallow in human excrement. Serpents writhe and wrap around men, sometimes fusing into each other. Bodies are torn apart. When you arrive, you will want to put your hands over your ears because of the lamentations of the sinners here, who are afflicted with scabs like leprosy, and lay sick on the ground, furiously scratching their skin off with their nails. Indeed, justice divine doth smite them with its hammer.

Carbonek_0051
17-02-12, 08:20
Seventh Level of Hell

Level 1 - Very Low
Level 2 - Very High
Level 3 - Moderate
Level 4 - High
Level 5 - Very High
Level 6 - Low
Level 7 - Extreme
Level 8 - Very High
Level 9 - High

Spong
17-02-12, 08:25
I did this test last night, I got an extreme level eight (whatever that is). There was some other stuff written down but I never read it.

cezy rockeru
17-02-12, 08:36
I did this test last night, I got an extreme level eight (whatever that is). There was some other stuff written down but I never read it.

that's because you're evil. >:

Spong
17-02-12, 08:40
that's because you're evil. >:

I don't need some online test to tell me what I already know :ohn::p

cezy rockeru
17-02-12, 08:43
I don't need some online test to tell me what everybody already knows :ohn::p

fixed. :ohn:

/le stop off-topic

Spong
17-02-12, 08:46
^Who cares what everybody else thinks? I certainly don't :ohn:

[/definitely off-topic]

Shark_Blade
17-02-12, 09:30
Purgatory

Level Who are sent there? Score
Purgatory Repending Believers Very High
Level 1 - Limbo Virtuous Non-Believers Low
Level 2 Lustful Moderate
Level 3 Gluttonous Moderate
Level 4 Prodigal and Avaricious Moderate
Level 6 - The City of Dis Heretics Very Low
Level 7 Violent Very High
Level 9 - Cocytus Treacherous Very Low

Funny little thing..

Mad Tony
17-02-12, 10:23
level six apparently ; because I do not believe in god himself ;

see ; there goes again to prove how ****ed up the church is. I'm not saying christianity in general, But the church sure is, with their stupid self-made rules. ( priests having sex with children is apparently okay , but you be doomed if you ever engage in sex before marriage )For God's sake (pardon the pun) it's a game!

drakl0r
17-02-12, 10:37
7th level, anyone? :mis:

The Dante's Inferno Test has banished you to the Seventh Level of Hell!

Level | Score
Purgatory | Low
Level 2 | High
Level 3 | Moderate
Level 4 | High
Level 5 | Very High
Level 6 - The City of Dis | Very Low
Level 7 | Very High
Level 8 - The Malebolge | Very High

Seventh Level of Hell

Caesum
17-02-12, 12:02
Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis.

Me? In hell? Impossible. :p

Anyway, I don't want to know anybody that's in the last level of hell. http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae35/Lara_Super_Fan/Untitled-33.jpg

strawberry22
17-02-12, 14:08
Level 6. This test is really horrible. "Have you seduced or become intamite with another member of sex?", I'm not gay, but really. What is so bad about being a homosexual? Can't people live life without getting judged because of their culture or sexuality? I think the reason I got sent down there was because I don't believe in the big guy. They would sometimes tell us at my old school that if we did not beleive then we are going to hell. It's horrible what stuff they teach kids these days

Love2Raid
17-02-12, 14:33
Did anyone manage to get into Level 9 yet?

MiCkiZ88
17-02-12, 14:40
Purgatory, pfft :p

Purgatory | High
Level 1 - Limbo | High
Level 2 | High
Level 3 | Very Low
Level 4 | Very Low
Level 5 | Very Low
Level 7 | High
Level 8 - The Malebolge | Low
Level 9 - Cocytus | Very Low

Another Lara
17-02-12, 14:42
Level 7!

Is it weird that I've always wanted to know where I'd come in Dante's Inferno...? I love Dante! :D

Summer B
17-02-12, 14:58
Do the test here! (http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-test.mv)

(It's just for fun)

---

I belong in Level 6 (The city of Dis) between the Heretics :D
I love this kind of thing - pointless but fun tho it is.

Anyway, I got Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis.

jaywalker
17-02-12, 15:05
7th Level apparently :)

Larapink
17-02-12, 15:14
What a pointless quiz! :/

Purgatory | Moderate
Level 1 - Limbo | High
Level 2 | Moderate
Level 3 | Low
Level 4 | Moderate
Level 5 | Low
Level 7 | Low
Level 9 - Cocytus | Low

~~~~~~~~

This whole quiz was way too pessimistic for me.. I'm more of a person who has a glass half full with water.

Draco
17-02-12, 15:22
'...you're going to burn in a very special level of Hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater.'

maximum_123
17-02-12, 16:19
Omg. I'm dying. Because this may be bad (Level 8, btw):

http://i40.************/30rsoef.png

But when I went to upload it to TinyPic, this was the captcha thing:

http://i44.************/i41kex.png

Summer B
17-02-12, 16:41
^ Thats just spooky! lol

Speaking of hell, anyone know of any good books on the subject? (And dont say Dante, Ive never been much of a poetry reader)

shebj
17-02-12, 16:45
For God's sake (pardon the pun) it's a game!

I wasn't talking about the game. it just shows how ****ed up church is

sierra xb
17-02-12, 16:49
I wasn't talking about the game. it just shows how ****ed up church is

actually, the church didn't invent that stuff...Dante did :)

Chocola teapot
17-02-12, 16:51
I'm going to be very lonely at level 2, according to this thread. ;_;

Danni
17-02-12, 16:57
Omg. I'm dying. Because this may be bad (Level 8, btw):

http://i40.************/30rsoef.png

But when I went to upload it to TinyPic, this was the captcha thing:

http://i44.************/i41kex.png

:vlol: :vlol: This made giggle.

Coinsidence? God's watching you Max and he's seen you're score! :mis: Better start repenting or enjoy your stay in Hell.. :ton: Lol I'm kidding, my mum got this score too. :vlol:

shebj
17-02-12, 17:04
actually, the church didn't invent that stuff...Dante did :)

but he took the views of how it was all developed in the western church in his time as example. It was common believed to be like this by the people before he even wrote it down :)

Mad Tony
17-02-12, 17:45
I wasn't talking about the game. it just shows how ****ed up church isThe problem with that statement is that there's no such thing as "the church".

Ora Dagger
17-02-12, 20:44
http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb401/thehuntedone55/abc-1.png

Draco
17-02-12, 22:30
The problem with that statement is that there's no such thing as "the church".

The Church would have a problem with that assertion. Back in the day there certainly was a 'The Church'.

Mad Tony
17-02-12, 22:34
When exactly do you mean by "back in the day"?

Alpharaider47
17-02-12, 23:00
When exactly do you mean by "back in the day"?

Well there's Medieval Europe for starters.

Lara Croft!
17-02-12, 23:15
Third Level of Hell
In the third circle, you find yourself amidst eternal rain, maledict, cold, and heavy. The gluttons are punished here, lying in the filthy mixture of shadows and of putrid water. Because you consumed in excess, you meet your fate beneath the cold, dirty rain, amidst the other souls that there lay unhappily in the stinking mud. Cerebus, a canine monster cruel and uncouth with his three heads and red eyes, dwells in this level. He growls and tears at the damned with his teeth and claws.

:)

Mad Tony
17-02-12, 23:35
Well there's Medieval Europe for starters.I guess if we're talking thousands of years ago then yeah there probably only was one church. I'm not really up on my history of Christianity to be honest. What I do know is that today there are literally hundreds of different churches. Not all of them are as strict or harsh as the Catholic Church, but unfortunately people just seem to tar them all with the same brush.

TRL2009
18-02-12, 03:10
Seventh Level of Hell

shebj
18-02-12, 10:07
I guess if we're talking thousands of years ago then yeah there probably only was one church. I'm not really up on my history of Christianity to be honest. What I do know is that today there are literally hundreds of different churches. Not all of them are as strict or harsh as the Catholic Church, but unfortunately people just seem to tar them all with the same brush.

dante was italian. That was exactly the place where the catholic church was strongest.

michaeldt
18-02-12, 10:19
Level 6

Mad Tony
18-02-12, 10:46
dante was italian. That was exactly the place where the catholic church was strongest.I know, I was just saying that for a long time there's always been way more than just one church. Certainly today there is no such thing as "the church".

knightgames
18-02-12, 13:09
I guess if we're talking thousands of years ago then yeah there probably only was one church. I'm not really up on my history of Christianity to be honest. What I do know is that today there are literally hundreds of different churches. Not all of them are as strict or harsh as the Catholic Church, but unfortunately people just seem to tar them all with the same brush.

Many don't understand the lasting implications that the catholic church has on christianity. Many of the teachings they cononized are still felt today within christiandom - the idea of hell being a place of everlasting torment and pain is one of them. So while there is no 'church' - as in official church - the rule of catholosism still has it's effects.

EvilSockOfDoom
18-02-12, 21:35
Extreme on level 5~ |D

jajay119
18-02-12, 21:46
I got bored half way through and didn't finish. Some of those questions are rediculous though and I know for a fact that if that list is the criteria for who goes to hell then the Catholic Church does not stand a chance in going to heaven.

Also, 'are you obese?' So you go to hell for being fat? Yeah, ok.

Rai
18-02-12, 22:58
Extreme on level 5~ |D

I think that's to be expected. What with being an EvilSockOfDoom and all :whi:

:p

Level 6 seems quite 'popular'. Hmmm.

Another Lara
18-02-12, 23:15
What a pointless quiz! :/

Purgatory | Moderate
Level 1 - Limbo | High
Level 2 | Moderate
Level 3 | Low
Level 4 | Moderate
Level 5 | Low
Level 7 | Low
Level 9 - Cocytus | Low

~~~~~~~~

This whole quiz was way too pessimistic for me.. I'm more of a person who has a glass half full with water.

Don't fob off a quiz originating from the father of the Italian language! Such atrocities from someone who loves the language and country like you do is shocking! :p

Also, 'are you obese?' So you go to hell for being fat? Yeah, ok.

Obesity would be seen as a very visual example of Gluttony, a deadly sin

And I think people are taking this quiz a little too seriously! Dante wrote the Divine Comedy at a very volatile time, and is actually very satirical in that it's a vision of Hell that was preached about in churches, but he actually pointed out that most of the "Holy men" preaching about damnation would most likely be there themselves in the end!

patriots88888
18-02-12, 23:27
I don't believe I would have participated in taking this 'test' if I thought it was meant to be serious... much too scary. -_-

Tyrannosaurus
18-02-12, 23:31
I got bored half way through and didn't finish. Some of those questions are rediculous though and I know for a fact that if that list is the criteria for who goes to hell then the Catholic Church does not stand a chance in going to heaven. The first person Dante encountered on the other side of the gate was a pope.

But keep in mind that Dante's vision of hell, brilliant though it is, should in no sense be considered cannon.

see ; there goes again to prove how ****ed up the church is. I'm not saying christianity in general, But the church sure is, with their stupid self-made rules. ( priests having sex with children is apparently okay , but you be doomed if you ever engage in sex before marriage )

The church doesn't believe that priests having sex with children is okay.

Anyway, here are the results of the human who posts for me:

Purgatory - Repending Believers - Very High
Level 1 - Limbo - Virtuous Non-Believers - Moderate
Level 2 - Lustful - High
Level 3 - Gluttonous - Low
Level 4 - Prodigal and Avaricious - Moderate
Level 5 - Wrathful and Gloomy - Low
Level 6 - The City of Dis - Heretics - Very Low
Level 7 - Violent - Low
Level 8 - The Malebolge- Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers - Low
Level 9 - Cocytus - Treacherous - Very Low

shebj
19-02-12, 07:46
The church doesn't believe that priests having sex with children is okay.

that was more a how do you say it in english a reference? to how things were going right now , see , we lately here in belgium have had cases in which priests have been abusing children and the Vatican knew , but they weren't relieved from their status or anything, they just remained silent. Even when everything came forward ; they still keep protecting them by sending them to distant monasteries which certainly isn't fair ; they should go to jail, just like everyone else who does something like that.

knightgames
19-02-12, 08:31
how the heck do you delete a post? The best I can muster is editing it.

Rachel Croft
19-02-12, 09:15
Purgatory.

Tyrannosaurus
21-02-12, 21:43
that was more a how do you say it in english a reference? to how things were going right now , see , we lately here in belgium have had cases in which priests have been abusing children and the Vatican knew , but they weren't relieved from their status or anything, they just remained silent. Even when everything came forward ; they still keep protecting them by sending them to distant monasteries which certainly isn't fair ; they should go to jail, just like everyone else who does something like that.

No argument there, but pedophilia is a much more serious sin than mere fornication, even according to the church. As Dante shows, the popes are still subject to the divine law they often fail to represent.

Lee1711
21-02-12, 21:52
Oh dear, I got Level 8 haha.

xMiSsCrOfTx
22-02-12, 06:00
Oh dear, I got Level 8 haha.

Me too. :mis: