PDA

View Full Version : If you could create your very own TV show...

patriots88888
17-02-12, 00:37
What would it be about?

- Would it be in the genre of comedy, drama, suspense, action/adventure, mystery, reality, etc...?
- Who would you like to see cast in the starring roles?

TV is so crap and unoriginal these days... that has been my view for quite some time now. I'd like to see what ideas you peeps can come up with... maybe something would strike my interest. :/

The same question(s) can apply to movies/films as well, if you prefer going that route.

leglion
17-02-12, 00:39
It would be a talk show because I've been told on multiple occasions that i should have my own talk show because I'm a "character" and people just find my voice hilarious. :p

patriots88888
17-02-12, 00:43
^ Like another Jerry Springer? :pi: Jking. Just need more info please. What would be your preferred style/presentation?

Encore
17-02-12, 00:50
TV is crap nowadays???

Over the past years we've had shows like Boardwalk Empire, Mad Men, Downton Abbey, True Blood, Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, Game of Thrones, Fringe, Lost, - all these massive productions, with incredible acting performances and production value....

I honestly think there was never a better time for watching TV!

patriots88888
17-02-12, 00:56
TV is crap nowadays???

Over the past years we've had shows like Boardwalk Empire, Mad Men, Downton Abbey, True Blood, Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, Game of Thrones, Fringe, Lost, - all these massive productions, with incredible acting performances and production value....

I honestly think there was never a better time for watching TV!

Obviously it's all a matter of perspective... and I'm sure this will be where you say my perspective sucks. :p I suppose it's because I was an avid TV watcher in the 70's/80's and (most) everything now seems like a spin-off/offchute from the TV shows from that era. My originality meter is seriously suffering here.

Anyways, you didn't answer the topic question. :pi:

voltz
17-02-12, 00:58
I would personally put a show on..... HEY!! You stealing ideas? :mad:

leglion
17-02-12, 00:59
^ Like another Jerry Springer? :pi: Jking. Just need more info please. What would be your preferred style/presentation?

Hmmm never thought of that. Maybe a comedy show because I'm naturally funny(or so I've been told) and something like Maury because i like drama... only when I'm not involved.

Encore
17-02-12, 01:05
Anyways, you didn't answer the topic question. :pi:

Well I certainly don't have any original ideas, if that's what you're asking then. :o Everything's been done in one way or another.

patriots88888
17-02-12, 01:13
Well I certainly don't have any original ideas, if that's what you're asking then. :o Everything's been done in one way or another.

Has it? I hate to think in terms of originality being completely dead and buried. :(

Maybe I'm just suffering from TV burnout. :o I did watch A LOT when I was younger... in the time before there was this great thing we call the internet.

Encore
17-02-12, 01:19
I don't care so much about originality. If you really set your mind to it, you ALWAYS find that something is inspired by another thing that came before, and so on.

What I do care about is how a given concept is pulled off. And that varies greatly. So you have, for example, a basic cop show called CSI and another basic cop show called Wallander. And yet they're miles apart in the way they tell their cop story. That's what I care about.

And just so I don't make my contribution in this thread completely useless -- I would love to see a TV show entirely set on the 1st World War, somehow. I have a huge fascination for that period in time and it doesn't get enough attention. We've had two absolutely epic WWII series (The Pacific and Band of Brothers), we really need another for WWI.

patriots88888
17-02-12, 01:30
I don't care so much about originality. If you really set your mind to it, you ALWAYS find that something is inspired by another thing that came before, and so on.

That is true, to a point anyways. I'm sure the very first had a much easier time with this (wondering if it is original enough).

What I do care about is how a given concept is pulled off. And that varies greatly. So you have, for example, a basic cop show called CSI and another basic cop show called Wallander. And yet they're miles apart in the way they tell their cop story. That's what I care about.

Yea, that's a really good point.

And just so I don't make my contribution in this thread completely useless -- I would love to see a TV show entirely set on the 1st World War, somehow. I have a huge fascination for that period in time and it doesn't get enough attention. We've had two absolutely epic WWII series (The Pacific and Band of Brothers), we really need another for WWI.

I like that idea... we need more history involved (in some form or another at least). :tmb:

And now that I think of it, you have answered the topic more than I have. :o I'm seriously at a loss here... I'm having a tough time just considering in what direction I would go. :/

sheepman23
17-02-12, 01:33
I'd like a historical TV series. One that takes place during a really important/influential period of history, like the French Revolution, the Renaissance, or the Industrial Revolution. To see those time periods with a bit of drama on top would be really cool in my opinion... not that things like this haven't been done before, but I want more of them. :)

Weemanply109
17-02-12, 20:17
I'd love have a Talk Show or some sort of reality TV show based around my life. :D

Legend of Lara
17-02-12, 20:46
It would be this.

http://i.imgur.com/Z9Alk.jpg

Tombraider95
17-02-12, 20:50
I would create a sketch show with my friends like French and Saunders. :D

MyRaider4Life
17-02-12, 20:54
It would be this.

http://i.imgur.com/Z9Alk.jpg

I would play Kenneth, of course.

ozzman
17-02-12, 23:23
i would make an action drama based off the novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms , it would be hour long episodes , and uncensored [gore/blood],
but this time , it will be released all over , since the chinese hog their versions
e-4Rk6qBVHY

ajrich17901
17-02-12, 23:39
It'd be a music channel that would air only Rock and Metal music videos, concerts and shows promoting the bands. Way to much pop channels out there like MTV that only like to cater to little teeny boppers.

Catracoth
17-02-12, 23:41
Reboot of Alias.
[/thread]

ozzman
18-02-12, 01:05
It'd be a music channel that would air only Rock and Metal music videos, concerts and shows promoting the bands. Way to much pop channels out there like MTV that only like to cater to little teeny boppers.

mtv plays no music XD, better play some dio and ozzy though :ohn:

Scorpio1991
18-02-12, 01:19
Probably a drama show for me, because you get a taste of everything within them ;)