PDA

View Full Version : My retrospective :)

XianWarrior
20-02-12, 19:15
Hey guys, I've been a part of these forums for longer than I thought! This isn't just a shameless plug for my blog but rather something that I figured the community here would be interested in reading, you may agree with me on some parts, and you may not but that's fine. It's just something I've done to show my appreciation for the series :)
This is only for the first three games, because I thought it better for it to be split into three distinct parts to keep it a manageable length :)

http://cacolantern.tumblr.com/post/17944056830/a-tomb-raider-personal-retrospective-part-i

Thank you fellow Raiders! :D x

Mikky
20-02-12, 19:18
This should be in the Fan section (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21). :) Gonna check it out now, though. :D

XianWarrior
20-02-12, 19:19
Sorry Mikky, it's been a while! :o

Mikky
20-02-12, 19:28
Sorry Mikky, it's been a while! :o

It's okay, don't worry about it, hehe. :p

Well, I gotta say, that was very well written and I really enjoyed reading it. :tmb: Make sure to keep this thread up to date when you write the other parts so I can read. :D I can't wait to read the part about the CD trilogy.

XianWarrior
20-02-12, 19:34
It's okay, don't worry about it, hehe. :p

Well, I gotta say, that was very well written and I really enjoyed reading it. :tmb: Make sure to keep this thread up to date when you write the other parts so I can read. :D I can't wait to read the part about the CD trilogy.

Thanks a lot dude! I appreciate it, and I will, it's good to be back in the community again.
Oh boy, the CD trilogy... :eek:

XianWarrior
26-02-12, 19:44
http://cacolantern.tumblr.com/post/18330562525/a-tomb-raider-personal-retrospective-part-ii

OK so here's part two, I have a potentially controversial opinion on AoD some people may not like, but hey, I can't help how I felt and still feel about the game, and if you like it, fine my me, I wont tell you you're wrong! :D

jarekhanzelka
26-02-12, 19:51
It'd be a fair warning to say the articles include some language, I guess. :pi:

Having said that, I found that a pretty entertaining read. :tmb:

Also, give a shot to the PC version of AoD. The controls are still pretty bad, but not nearly as bad as the PS2 ones. :whi:

XianWarrior
26-02-12, 19:54
[QUOTE=jarekhanzelka;6001390]It'd be a fair warning to say the articles include some language, I guess. :pi:

My bad, I should really put a disclaimer on every article, I tried to keep my language fine but I couldn't hold it in at AoD... :cln:

Thank's for the tip on the PC version of AoD btw, I may give it a bash (hopefully not literally). :D

jarekhanzelka
26-02-12, 19:56
My bad, I should really put a disclaimer on every article, I tried to keep my language fine but I couldn't hold it in at AoD... :cln:

Well, it wasn't only the AoD part...:mis:

XianWarrior
26-02-12, 20:01
Well, it wasn't only the AoD part...:mis:

Oh really? I guess I don't really think about it half the time, such a potty mouth. :whi:

Mikky
26-02-12, 20:04
Yet another great article! Loved it! It's so nicely written! :D

I have some constructive criticism, though. The parts about 4 & 5 were written almost professionally and completely non-biased; it just talked about the new features of the games and what gamers and critics thought of it etc, but when it got to Angel of Darkness, it just kinda all... messed up. You didn't talk about any of the game's new features and instead just slanted the game. Don't get me wrong, I agree with what you said (AoD was terrible), but it just kinda ruined the article. I understand that you haven't played it much but you could of maybe looked up the game online and find out more about it and then you could of discussed more about the actual game and it's features. You should always come prepared when it comes to these sort of things and always know your stuff. So, yeah, it made the article feel inconsistent.

But apart from that, so far, so good. :tmb: Like I said before, I can't wait to read your article about the CD Trilogy. :)

XianWarrior
26-02-12, 20:14
Yet another great article! Loved it! It's so nicely written! :D

I have some constructive criticism, though. The parts about 4 & 5 were written almost professionally and completely non-biased; it just talked about the new features of the games and what gamers and critics thought of it etc, but when it got to Angel of Darkness, it just kinda all... messed up. You didn't talk about any of the game's new features and instead just slanted the game. Don't get me wrong, I agree with what you said (AoD was terrible), but it just kinda ruined the article. I understand that you haven't played it much but you could of maybe looked up the game online and find out more about it and then you could of discussed more about the actual game and it's features. You should always come prepared when it comes to these sort of things and always know your stuff. So, yeah, it made the article feel inconsistent.

But apart from that, so far, so good. :tmb: Like I said before, I can't wait to read your article about the CD Trilogy. :)

Yeah I understand what you're saying, but believe it or not the whole "professional" style of writing isn't actually what I'm used to doing, I guess what I said about Angel of Darkness is more of a sign to people that I'm still that same ignorant jerk that was doing the previous articles, or I'm using that as an excuse when in reality, I messed up. I guess the good thing about these articles are they can always be amended! Thanks for your comments :)

I'm gonna buy the CD Trilogy set on PS3, because I don't actually have any of them now... haha :3

Mikky
26-02-12, 20:17
Yeah I understand what you're saying, but believe it or not the whole "professional" style of writing isn't actually what I'm used to doing, I guess what I said about Angel of Darkness is more of a sign to people that I'm still that same ignorant jerk that was doing the previous articles, or I'm using that as an excuse when in reality, I messed up. I guess the good thing about these articles are they can always be amended! Thanks for your comments :)

No problem. :)

I'm gonna buy the CD Trilogy set on PS3, because I don't actually have any of them now... haha :3

What?! Nooo! D: Well, I hope you get to finish them from start to finish and get to write another great article on them. Just don't take too long. :pi: :p

XianWarrior
26-02-12, 20:34
Well I have beaten Anniversary (*spoiler* I liked it) and I have beaten Legend, I've played Underworld but not far enough to give fair judgement, but why buy one when you can get all three in a set and play them all again! :D

P.S. I took the criticism and amended my AoD section, now there's a more professional summary before my opinion, less bias there, and more of a calmer explanation as to why I disliked it... :3

Mikky
26-02-12, 20:40
Well I have beaten Anniversary (*spoiler* I liked it) and I have beaten Legend, I've played Underworld but not far enough to give fair judgement, but why buy one when you can get all three in a set and play them all again! :D

Cool! :D

P.S. I took the criticism and amended my AoD section, now there's a more professional summary before my opinion, less bias there, and more of a calmer explanation as to why I disliked it... :3

I just read it. So much better now! You did exactly what I said, discussing the new elements and features of the game. It's amazing how two new paragraphs can make such a difference! Well done! :tmb: