PDA

View Full Version : Have problem with Hitman: Codename 47

Catlantean
06-11-04, 18:57
Got this game cheap on a sale a while ago, now I finally got around to play it. And guess what - I'm stuck at my first mission http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif So all you who've played this game, please help!

I'm at the "Kowloon Triads in Gang War" mission where I have to kill some negotiator guy. So I got atop that high building next to the park with the elevator, shoot the guy and the helicopter comes after me - and then I'm stuck on the roof because for some reason the elevator won't take me back down :confused: Am I supposed to find another way off that roof (none is obvious) or is this a bug?

[ 06. November 2004, 18:58: Message edited by: Catlantean ]

bumb1ebee
06-11-04, 19:17
Maybe it's a bug? You're supposed to use the elevator to go back down at this point - I think.

janny_c.
06-11-04, 23:20
Originally posted by Catlantean:
I'm at the "Kowloon Triads in Gang War" mission where I have to kill some negotiator guy. So I got atop that high building next to the park with the elevator, shoot the guy and the helicopter comes after me - and then I'm stuck on the roof because for some reason the elevator won't take me back down :confused: It's your lucky day Cat.
So, it's a stealth-kill-get-away-from-the-scene-UNnoticed game,right. Your mission is to kill the negotiator I think he was in the blue dress ,I'm not sure, but with your sniper look who gets out of that black limousine. Be carefull you don't gt noticed, because Alarm will go if you do, so duck.
what you need to do is when you kill the chinese dude with yout sniper, pack it in that case QUICK, get to the elevator since helicopter is searching the roofs and you DON't want to be seen, in elevator there should be a botton, make 47 face it click the action key....actually I had troubles with it also and it's not a bug, you just have to practice that's all. If you mess up just reload from when you were shooting with a sniper and repeat the process until you get down from the elevator. Helicopter can't see you very good between the high buldings, so make your way through them with all the weapons holstered to your black car.
Mission Complete

Catlantean
07-11-04, 00:37
I did it just like that (duck, pack the gun up quickly, and by the time the helicopter appears I'm in the elevator already). No one noticed me. And the button's the one I pressed to go up, right? It says "Action: Roof" and when I press it (hear the click sound) nothing happens. :mad: Oh well, I'll keep trying.

EDIT: Does it mean that you were seen if the elevator won't move? Like, the "bad guys" disabled it or something.
Also, can you jump? I don't see it listen among the controls, and I need to jump in order to climb onto the buildings with staircases instead of elevators (this would solve the elevator trouble).

[ 07. November 2004, 01:02: Message edited by: Catlantean ]

janny_c.
07-11-04, 04:15
You jump from that something-foot bulding, you die.

It says roof and nothing happens...because you'r already on the roof silly :D
You just keep trying and when you find the right one, reload and do it right.

So when you get in the elevator, make sure it's called first, then face the botton, at the top left corner it's supposed to say something like go down or whatever and your mouse (pointer) has that blue box meaning you can perform action. Press action, whatever the key is to you and it shall be done.
How did you go....

Catlantean
07-11-04, 11:52
I don't want to jump off the roof :D It's just that there is another building with a staircase instead of an elevator (on which I give up, no matter what I do it keeps saying "Action: Roof" while I want to go DOWN). But the first ladder of that staircase is lifted up, and to reach it I'd have to jump.
I see there are 3 buttons in the elevator, but they all want to take me to the ROOF, not DOWN. Pressing the CALL ELEVATOR doesn't help, since the elevator's already there and waiting (I pressed it anyway and nothing changed). I'm getting more and more convinced it's a bug.

I tried installing the patch and I got "Version not recognized", meaning it won't patch up my game...oh brother :rolleyes: Is my lucky day, yeah right!

But thanks for your help Janny. I see you're a Hitman expert, so if I ever get past this damned thing and get stuck again I know who I'll ask http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Catlantean
07-11-04, 13:06
PASSED IT! http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/jumper.gif

I replayed the whole game (just 1 level up to this part) with a new profile and guess what - the elevator worked just fine! Guess it was a bug after all, I hope it doesn't happen again. Aside from that, what a cool game! Definitely my type :D