PDA

View Full Version : This is my escape.

HayHayy
23-02-12, 10:00
I get bullied everyday on Facebook, I block people everyday on Facebook, I get rude comments, I have rumours about me everywhere I go.

To be perfectly and insanely honest, I feel like this is the only place I can go where I know I'm not going to be harassed or tormented over pathetic teenage stupidity.

Does anyone feel this way because honest to God, I just want to rip my hair out right now. :(

robm_2007
23-02-12, 10:08
Can you not set your profile to private? Or does that not exclude non-friends from sending you messages?

Anyways, if people are sending you comments and messages that are mean-spirited, you just gotta say something back to them and not sit there and be the victim. Yeah, what they say can be very hurtful and all that, just don't even bother opening their messages and delete their posts.

Or if you adapt a sarcastic demeanor, it really might help. Just be facetious and agree to whatever they are saying about you. They probably won't want to say crap to you, if you pretend that they are right.

If you are willing to humor me, what sorts of rumors do they spread and what do they say?

scremanie
23-02-12, 10:15
You poor thing. :hug:

Mystery-King
23-02-12, 10:35
That's awful for you HayHayy. I can't even begin to imagine. It sounds cheesy, but don't listen to them. Don't let people get to you. If you get knocked down get back up again. I really hope this doesn't get worse but if it does, there is always someone you can talk to. Hell you don't know me and I don't know you, but if you ever need to talk to anyone, I'm always a PM away and I always willing to talk. You aren't alone, and you certainly needn't feel that way. Keep smiling! :hug:

xXhayleyroxXx
23-02-12, 10:46
That's awful for you HayHayy. I can't even begin to imagine. It sounds cheesy, but don't listen to them. Don't let people get to you. If you get knocked down get back up again. I really hope this doesn't get worse but if it does, there is always someone you can talk to. Hell you don't know me and I don't know you, but if you ever need to talk to anyone, I'm always a PM away and I always willing to talk. You aren't alone, and you certainly needn't feel that way. Keep smiling! :hug:

This :tmb: If you're getting all upset about it, which you evidently are and rightly so, you're only doing what they want. It takes the utmost amount of strength to shake it off and pretend it doesn't hurt but if you let this get to you it'll make you feel even worse and it will affect your life dramatically :( Don't let them win. Don't even read the messages, delete them as soon as you recieve them. And you're right about this place :hug: A few of us have been through similar situations and we're all here for you xxx

Apathetic
23-02-12, 11:31
And they bully you why?

moodydog
23-02-12, 11:39
I get bullied everyday on Facebook, I block people everyday on Facebook, I get rude comments, I have rumours about me everywhere I go.

To be perfectly and insanely honest, I feel like this is the only place I can go where I know I'm not going to be harassed or tormented over pathetic teenage stupidity.

Does anyone feel this way because honest to God, I just want to rip my hair out right now. :(

Am I assuming that you want them to like you, that you want to go onto Facebook and everyone will just talk to you like you are a valued human being? Right. Unfortunately, those people are too stupid to do that. They'd rather see someone suffer and make sure they feel **** so they feel much better about their miserable little lives (popularity is only on the surface with most teenagers). When you next go on Facebook, I want you to block anyone and everyone who will do or has ever made you feel ****, they are not worthy enough for you to have on Facebook. It sounds easy, but is actually a really hard thing to do. Just ignore any horrid comments (or report them) and just delete them as soon as they are there.
Is there anyone at all you can speak to? Even a parent, a trusted friend or someone?

Just a quick question, does this happen outside of Facebook too?

And they bully you why?

They don't need a reason to bully someone, they bully because they themselves have problems, that's the only valid reason.

TRULuverzz
23-02-12, 11:43
What they are doing is very pointless, Ignoring them will only prove that to be true, so stay strong and ignore the bastards. They're not going to be successful in the end with that disgusting attitude!

Weemanply109
23-02-12, 18:06
They don't need a reason to bully someone, they bully because they themselves have problems, that's the only valid reason.

That is a reason though...

There's a reason for everything.

Lee1711
23-02-12, 18:10
I hope it gets better for you! If you ever need to talk, I'm sure there are plenty of users including myself, who would be more than happy to listen. Don't hesitate. :hug:

strawberry22
23-02-12, 18:47

That doesn't happen to me on Facebook, it happens to me in real life. I know how you feel. Going to school everyday and finding out that everyone hates you is very hard :(

Mikky
23-02-12, 18:54
If it causes you this much grief, why don't you just stop using Facebook? Unlike school, Facebook isn't exactly a necessity in life. I don't understand why anyone would put themselves through that just for a social site.

the ancient
23-02-12, 19:01
If it causes you this much grief, why don't you just stop using Facebook? Unlike school, Facebook isn't exactly a necessity in life. I don't understand why anyone would put themselves through that just for a social site.

I agree with this. Or do you know those persons IRL too?

Well if you need someone to share your problems with I'm here Hayden :)

Weemanply109
23-02-12, 19:02
We're all here for you Hayden. :) You're not alone, I'm sure people on this forum can relate.

Legend of Lara
23-02-12, 19:03

This, purdy much.

I use Facebook maybe once a month.

Sometimes less.

Weemanply109
23-02-12, 19:04
I use Facebook maybe once a month.

I used to do this, but now I'm on it everyday. ;_;

Ceamonks890
23-02-12, 19:07
@HayHayy, as a few members have already said, we can relate to your situation, as some of us have been down that road:hug: Don't let them get to you, and just ignore the bullies/attention seekers by blocking their accounts and deleting their rude comments. I don't use Facebook by the way, but I used the method I mentioned, through my YouTube account many times in the past.

tomee
23-02-12, 19:07
Sorry to hear that. :(
I wa bullied back in primary school so I know how you feel.

Mmhmm
23-02-12, 19:19
Aww sorry to hear this :(

It's awful to think there are people horrible enough in this world to put people through things like this just to make themselves feel better, because they probably have bad things going and think that makes it acceptable to put people through such things. Obviously it doesn't though.

As has been said, we're all here for you :hug:

HayHayy
23-02-12, 20:08
Thanks you guys :') :hug:

robbie_rawr
23-02-12, 20:48
Is it possible to just delete facebook?
Anyway a lot of people go through bullying and it eventually stops so I wish you luck with it. :D

TheCoolJazz
23-02-12, 22:21
Is it possible to just delete facebook?

Yes it is possible, And if you are having problems with it.. That's what you have to do :pi:

I was bullied a lot also and i know how you feel, Just keep your best friends with you and forget the a-holes in facebook :)
Anyway good luck with that HayHayy :hug:

voltz
23-02-12, 22:36
I would say if you're having too much of a hard time on that network, it's best to remove your profile as the trouble just isn't worth the effort put in it. It's not like you're letting "them" win, but you're pretty much taking away their whooping bag as they'll likely find something else to target their BS on anyway.

Seriously, ****'em.

Apathetic
23-02-12, 22:47
He still didn't say why they bully him. I find it hard to feel bad when he may provoke them in the first place.

Draco
23-02-12, 22:50
Bullying on Facebook? The only time I've ever seen that is when politics or religion come into play and even then, it is mostly just internet anonymity fueled rhetoric.

What are you being bullied for? Can you show us an example?

Ceamonks890
23-02-12, 23:26
@Draco- From what HayHayy has told us, he's being picked on/harassed by other users of Facebook who have no lives(from the sounds of things), feeling the need to insult him and go around, spreading lies about HayHayy, in order to make themselves feel better. It's just disgusting:mad:

Catracoth
23-02-12, 23:29
I don't mean to sound rude or heartless, but for starters, delete your Facebook. You're letting it continue by participating on the website. :o

HayHayy
24-02-12, 03:18
What are you being bullied for? Can you show us an example?

Rumours about me spreading STIs have been all over Facebook ever since I lost my virginity :/ they call me a slut, whore, prostitute, scat, basically any name you can think of. :/

I get bullied for being openly gay, my appearance, my age; the list just goes on.

Shauni
24-02-12, 06:03
If you want to keep your Facebook, have you tried removing your current Facebook and make a new one? Like a fresh start. You can change your privacy settings and make it where people can't search for you or send messages to you.

I used to get harassed a lot. It was for different reasons, but it hurts no matter the reasons. I hope that things get better for you soon. :hug:

robm_2007
24-02-12, 06:31
Rumours about me spreading STIs have been all over Facebook ever since I lost my virginity :/ they call me a slut, whore, prostitute, scat, basically any name you can think of. :/

I get bullied for being openly gay, my appearance, my age; the list just goes on.

If people are going to believe those things, then you really don't need their approval in the first place, so just let them believe whatever they like; just be glad that they aren't spreading rumors that are accurate :p

As for the homophobia, it comes with the territory (not to sound like I am trying to justify what they are saying, but being openly gay is a sure way for much of society to ostracize you). But when you come out, you gotta just know that it is coming and brace yourself for impact. Since they have already said some terrible things, I hope that the next time you read them, you will slowly become more desensitized to it.

Set your profile to private, report abusive posts, tell them to STFU, and do what you can to avoid the things that bring you much stress. Delete your FB if you have to, otherwise, you mind as well be asking them for rude comments.
---
How can someone make fun of you becuase of your age? That makes no sense to me. They were your age at one point, or will be, if they are so childish, that they actually are children.

skylark1121
24-02-12, 06:34
I'm so sorry that you have to deal with that. :hug:

I kind of know how you feel, but I don't think my situations have been quite so extreme. :o

But, for the most part, we're a great community, and I'm sure there are tons of people who will listen to you if you have any problems. `:hug:

!!

Apathetic
24-02-12, 06:45
I think you need to learn how to stand up for yourself. Why are you even letting them get to you?

HayHayy
24-02-12, 06:55
I can stand up for myself, it just gets irritating.

Apathetic
24-02-12, 06:58
I can stand up for myself, it just gets irritating.

Just don't worry about what they say.

Johnnay
24-02-12, 07:36
Aw:hug: I hope you ignore them

BTW Welcome to the forums. And another Sydneysider like me. I live in Sydney as well:)

HayHayy
24-02-12, 07:45
Aw:hug: I hope you ignore them

BTW Welcome to the forums. And another Sydneysider like me. I live in Sydney as well:)

I do the complete opposite :/

And I just recently moved to Newcastle >.<

Draco
24-02-12, 10:41

But that doesn't happen to anyone else I know on Facebook, and it sounds like those people know you in real life in some way. Random people aren't just hunting you down on facebook to bully you.

What is really going on?

HayHayy
24-02-12, 10:54
That is what's really happening, they are all random people.

Draco
24-02-12, 10:58
It still seems unlikely, unless somehow you were flagged by someone and their posse decided to make an example of you?

But even then, they still need to be friends to do anything... or are your settings basically open door?

HayHayy
24-02-12, 11:13
Anyone can inbox me.

Draco
24-02-12, 11:16
So when you block them, they can still message you more?

EscondeR
24-02-12, 11:21
Anyone can inbox me.

Do you have your profile general Privacy set to Friends only?

Miharu
24-02-12, 11:25
It's sad that people have to be so cruel, but it's so sadder that you have to subject yourself to it. Yeah as harsh as that sounds, why subject yourself to that cruelty? Because it's Facebook, it's not a necessity, delete your account and move on.

Now...If your getting bullied in real-life, which hasn't being made clear yet(?) then that's a different matter. But nonetheless, we're all here for you man! :hug:

Lara Croft!
24-02-12, 11:37
Screw all the people giving you crap. We have a loving community here, however do not neglect real life. Do you have any friends you can hang out with?

HayHayy
24-02-12, 12:01
Well, I'm 16 now, and I've been bullied in real life since I was five :/

And yes, my general profile privacy is friends only.

EscondeR
24-02-12, 12:03
^ I wonder if Friends of the Friends can message you still...

MyRaider4Life
24-02-12, 12:10
I'd just delete your Facebook, as others have said. It's causing you a lot of pain you really don't need and if people need to bully others to get kicks, well that's just disgusting. You're automatically better than anyone who bullies you, so next time they say something that hurts or offends you in any way, just remember that you're the better person.

I hope things get better for you, no matter how minor. No one deserves to be bullied.

^ I wonder if Friends of the Friends can message you still...

If I remember correctly, there's no way to stop certain people messaging you. Anyone and everyone are free to message you.

EscondeR
24-02-12, 12:15
If I remember correctly, there's no way to stop certain people messaging you. Anyone and everyone are free to message you.
...unless you put them in the Black List, but nothing stops them from creating another account :p
That sucks defo. Therefore I hate social networks.

MyRaider4Life
24-02-12, 12:17
...unless you put them in the Black List, but nothing stops them from creating another account :p

Ah yes. I forgot about that. :p I would block them in that case. I doubt they're THAT determined to bully you that they'll make another account, but who knows.

Miharu
24-02-12, 13:49
Well, I'm 16 now, and I've been bullied in real life since I was five :/

And yes, my general profile privacy is friends only.

You said you moved to Newcastle? Are the people giving you crap from back over at Sydney or are they in Newcastle.

If you care about Facebook, why don't you delete your current account and make a new one with a new e-mail? And make some new friends. :)

Apathetic
24-02-12, 14:25
OP seems sketchy to me.

Dark Lugia 2
24-02-12, 14:31
Set your profile to friends only and a high level of privacy. :o

Laras Boyfr.
24-02-12, 15:06
Anyway a lot of people go through bullying and it eventually stops so I wish you luck with it. :D

This^ I used to be bullied until 3 years ago ( or even to bully otherwise you would be called as weak or something) after that I learned how to deal with it and more people learned to respect me :)

HayHayy
24-02-12, 22:38
You said you moved to Newcastle? Are the people giving you crap from back over at Sydney or are they in Newcastle.

If you care about Facebook, why don't you delete your current account and make a new one with a new e-mail? And make some new friends. :)

Newcastle, Sydney and Cessnock. Adelaide, everywhere :/

TRLegendLuver
24-02-12, 22:57
OP seems sketchy to me.

This. Something is just not adding up...

skylark1121
24-02-12, 22:59

Like what? :p

Killercowz
24-02-12, 23:01
Like what? :p

Large masses of random people making fun of him.

At least this is why I find it sketchy.

Weemanply109
24-02-12, 23:35

Exactly. :pi:

No offence to the OP though, I just can't get my head around it.

Draco
24-02-12, 23:40
Yeah, I can't imagine random people would care enough about one random person on FaceBook. My brother is kissing his boyfriend on his FB and not one negative word about it from anyone.

larafan25
24-02-12, 23:41
Yeah, I can't imagine random people would care enough about one random person on FaceBook. My brother is kissing his boyfriend on his FB and not one negative word about it from anyone.

Really? There's a picture of me kissing your brother's boyfriend and everyone seems to care. :(

But different people have different networks on their Facebook, and if you just have random-ass kids from school they might say things.

_Awestruck_
24-02-12, 23:42
I know bullying is a big deal and all...but are people really making you that miserable? No offense intended.

Legend 4ever
25-02-12, 10:33

I don't think that's true. You can set your privacy so that only your friends can send you messages.

skylark1121
26-02-12, 02:39

I think stranger things have happened. Besides, if you've moved around a lot, you start to know a lot of people. And maybe all of these people are acquaintances of his.

But different people have different networks on their Facebook, and if you just have random-ass kids from school they might say things.

This. :)

Killercowz
26-02-12, 02:48
I think stranger things have happened. Besides, if you've moved around a lot, you start to know a lot of people. And maybe all of these people are acquaintances of his.

Still sketchy.

tomblover
26-02-12, 02:54
Still sketchy. Consider that if you're in school, you probably have a lot of people from your school on your Facebook -- even those you don't really know.

Rumors spread like wildfire in schools. Why wouldn't they on Facebook?

Apathetic
26-02-12, 03:43
Consider that if you're in school, you probably have a lot of people from your school on your Facebook -- even those you don't really know.

Rumors spread like wildfire in schools. Why wouldn't they on Facebook?

It is still sketchy.