PDA

View Full Version : Your standpoint on the Chris Brown controversies

Killercowz
24-02-12, 00:13
So Chris Brown is facing some heat(again), after supposedly snatching and stealing a fan's IPhone after she took a picture of him.
She apparently left a night club and followed the singer and another rapper when she took a picture of him getting into his car. He was very angry she took the picture and in response, stole her IPhone.
Chris flipped out when he saw her camera phone-- then grabbed it through the car window, saying, "Bitch, you ain't going to put that on no website." According to the police report, Chris then rolled up his window and drove off -- $500 iPhone in hand.

This encounter could certainly be viewed as questionable but considering this guy's history, I don't think it's too far off to think he stole it.

You can read more about the phone thing here
http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/23/chris-brown-miami-phone-robbery/#.T0behPGPUWl

Some of his other controversies include,

Decking Rihanna

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2009/02/22/0219_rihanna_photo_beating_ex_01-1.jpg

The Nude Picture Leak
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg685/scaled.php?server=685&filename=monkeypv.jpg&res=medium
It's been speculated Rihanna leaked it.

His Feuds With Other Stars

Smashing A Window With A Chair
http://ll-media.tmz.com/2011/03/22/0322-shattered-glass-tmz2.jpg
After an interview, he threw a chair out a window in a rage after being questioned about the Rihanna beating scandal.

And most recently, his collaboration with Rihanna on a explicit song called "Birthday Cake".
OsuLiJ7sG0Y

I don't know why, but actually expected more of Rihanna, in my eyes she is now just as pathetic as Chris.
How could you run back to the person who humiliatingly beat you?

His fans also recently started a trend on twitter saying,
"Chris Brown can beat me"
Isn't that just such a wonderful message to send to boys and girls?
You can beat people up and it's OK.

Both Rihanna and Chris Brown make me sick.

Catracoth
24-02-12, 00:16
I couldn't care less, to be honest.
Rihanna is a fool for associating with him after the beating.

TheRCroft
24-02-12, 00:17
Chris Brown is, to say the least, a walking piece of crap in my opinion. Someone who beats people has nothing but my utter disgust. Never liked him and never will. I may like some of his songs, but he's horrible as a person and that "incident" with the iPhone just "adds fuel to the fire". Rihanna.. well, I don't know what Rihanna is on. I don't know if she's just retarded or if she's just doing this to cause controversy.

VictorXD
24-02-12, 00:19
Is he STILL famous? By now I though he would have given up being singer or w/e the hell he is.

benjamin_2010
24-02-12, 00:21
I think I'm hoping someone does this.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/22/chris-brown-backlast-continues-cmpunk-miranda-lambert_n_1294032.html?ref=celebrity&icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl5|sec1_lnk2&pLid=137596

I ****ing hate Chris Brown. He doesn't deserve anything he has, and he doesn't deserve to have fans or multiple appearances at the Grammys either.

other than that he's so awweeesomeee >,>

Dark Lugia 2
24-02-12, 00:21
I love Rihanna by was dissapointed after hearing about the collaboration. Even though the song sounds great. :p She is a victim of domestic violence though, and we all know about how one act of violence doesn't stop people loving each other, its complicated.

Chris is a waste of space that needs some serious anger management therapy, imo.

TheRCroft
24-02-12, 00:22
By now I though he would have given up being singer or w/e the hell he is.

One could have only hoped.

TRULuverzz
24-02-12, 00:24
If I could choose the one person I'd sentence to obvilion it would be him! ****ing asshole, like DL said, he needs anger management! :rolleyes:

voltz
24-02-12, 00:29
I still can't believe Rhianna would get back together with this guy, but if she wants to blow her chances, she's on her own far as I'm concerned.

Somebody needs to grab Chris by the back of the collar and make him scream like a girl. I'd volunteer for that, but I'm not anywhere near the area.

Ward Dragon
24-02-12, 00:31
I think he's garbage for abusing his girlfriend. I like some of Rihanna's songs and I'm disappointed that she hasn't found the strength to get away from him.

As for the iPhone incident, assuming what's reported is the truth, I think the iPhone girl is an idiot for getting close enough to him that he could grab the phone, but he should still be charged with theft.

dizzydoil
24-02-12, 00:33
I think he is despicable for beating Rihanna. No respect for the man. His music however...

t-raider26
Chris Brown is a tool, and I wouldn't care at all if I never heard his name again.

I don't dislike him just because of the Rihanna incident. His whole attitude is just disgusting, and he seems like a total asshole.

leglion
I think he is despicable for beating Rihanna. No respect for the man. His music however...

Sucks also.

voltz
24-02-12, 00:50
Now that I think of it, I wish Floyd Mayweather would do something really stupid on this level. I'd just love to see some jail time wipe that smirk off his face.

PandaINC
24-02-12, 00:55
The way he was presented and then cheered for at the Grammys was honestly ****ing sickening. I will never have any respect for the man.

And let us not insult Rihanna here, her behavior is typical for an abuse victim. I just wish that because she is a celebrity, she'd have more people telling her to back off. But in reality, I'm sure there are tons of people around her constantly just saying "yes!"

Lenochka
24-02-12, 01:13
I'm over it. Rihanna is clearly over this **** so why should I still care? She could have crawled back to him right after it happened and didn't so obviously she learned a thing or two from it all. I don't see the point in crucifying the guy over something that happened a long ass time ago that he has already apologized (and been forgiven) for. Plus we don't even know what their relationship was like behind closed doors. Maybe she was abusive as well? I remember in an interview she admitted to breaking a bottle over a family members head at one point during a fight so she obviously has some issues aswell. I don't really like the idea of hating a guy over a situation I don't even fully understand.

and tbh, I don't think it is even worth wasting time on. The only person he needed to be forgiven by was Rihanna, and that has been taken care of so he clearly is done with it anyway so holding a grudge is gonna be pointless.

The way he was presented and then cheered for at the Grammys was honestly ****ing sickening. I will never have any respect for the man.

Why should issues in his personal life reflect his talent or him being honored for his talent? That is just stupid.

jajay119
24-02-12, 01:19
The man is a tool. The only thing stopping him from being just another low life wife beater with an anger management problem is the fact that he has a moderately good singing voice, which in comparison to certain artists is nothing special. I also think Rihanna is a fool for collaboratin on such an inapproproate song with him and fully supporting her label in not releasing it.

Ward Dragon
24-02-12, 01:20
and tbh, I don't think it is even worth wasting time on. The only person he needed to be forgiven by was Rihanna, and that has been taken care of so he clearly is done with it anyway so holding a grudge is gonna be pointless.

I'm not emotionally involved in the situation so I don't have a strong opinion about this particular relationship, but abuse is wrong regardless of who is doing it. Too often the victims forgive their abusers because of hope that things will change. I'm sad to hear about any such case, and I hope that Rihanna doesn't follow the same path.

Why should issues in his personal life reflect his talent or him being honored for his talent? That is just stupid.

From a purely utilitarian point of view, I don't know any of his songs, but some of Rihanna's songs make me happy so I hope he doesn't kill her.

Shark_Blade
24-02-12, 01:25
Chris Brown seems like an angsty ****head.

Rihanna must be pretty dumb to go back to that woman beater. I know, emotionally she needs help yadayada but she's still sane. She should still have common sense.

dizzydoil
24-02-12, 01:28
Just hurts my head thinking that someone could hurt Rihanna (or anyone in fact). She's a treasure, to me at least, a memory of the years gone.

AaPxYrjLhvA

Apathetic
24-02-12, 01:29
You all are judging Rihanna when you've never even met the women nor even know of her situation.

dizzydoil
24-02-12, 01:30
You all are judging Rihanna when you've never even met the women nor even know of her situation.
Welcome to the internet. :p

Apathetic
24-02-12, 01:37
Welcome to the internet. :p

More like ignorant society.

jajay119
24-02-12, 01:48

He beat the crap out of her. They haven't been together for years and she seems to be willing to take her back. You don't need to know anymore than that to know she is making the wrong decision. He has hit her once, he will do it again. And by the by, I'm not judging Rihanna in saying that. I'm judging him.

Encore
24-02-12, 01:59
The only person he needed to be forgiven by was Rihanna, and that has been taken care of

One does not simply APOLOGIZE for domestic violence.

larafan25
24-02-12, 02:01
One does not simply APOLOGIZE for domestic violence.

Perhaps one Chris Brown doesn't, but Rihanna is still willing to forgive.

Although there's probably more to it than just losing your cool and hitting someone, it's usually a series of attacks, or so I've heard.

She could forgive him and forget.

Encore
24-02-12, 02:07
No one should forgive and forget something like that.

I understand if people here are claiming that this issue is none of our business and Rihanna is the only one who was able to decide how to act when that happened.

But, it seems to me that by also claiming that you can get away with it just because your victim forgives you, then we're SERIOUSLY downplaying the actual issue that is domestic violence here. Especially because, psychological submission plays a huge part in the abuser-victim relationship.

If she had been killed we'd be having a very different conversation right now, and the "funny" thing is that a lot of women are, and they were in exactly the same situation she was.

larafan25
24-02-12, 02:09

Forget him is what I meant.

But I won't say someone shouldn't forgive it.

But, it seems to me that by also claiming that you can get away with it just because your victim forgives you, then we're SERIOUSLY downplaying the actual issue that is domestic violence here. Especially because, psychological submission plays a huge part in the abuser-victim relationship.

This is true.

_Awestruck_
24-02-12, 02:10
The fact that the benefit of the doubt has been given to this guy and many other male celebrities by the general public bothers me. Plus he's totally pompous and deals with his issues like a 16 year old girl, which in the slightest bit doesn't help his case here.

When your only defense is throwing insults over your twitter account in the most vernacular way possible, it's obvious that certain aspects of your personality and how you handle things (still) aren't in check. Stop storming off of interview sets and throwing chairs out of windows, then we'll talk.

Apathetic
24-02-12, 02:15

Like what?

larafan25
24-02-12, 02:15
The fact that the benefit of the doubt has been given to this guy and many other male celebrities by the general public bothers me. Plus he's totally pompous and deals with his issues like a 16 year old girl, which in the slightest bit doesn't help his case here.

When your only defense is throwing insults over your twitter account in the most vernacular way possible, it's obvious that certain aspects of your personality and how you handle things (still) aren't in check. Stop storming off of interview sets and throwing chairs out of windows, then we'll talk.

I agree with this, and I never knew about the chair thing but it doesn't add anything good to his image, but whether his image will face the effects of such behavior is unknown. :/

dizzydoil
24-02-12, 02:17
Like what?

Like that: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=5982419&postcount=1414 (second quote)

Makes me feel sick reading it.

KC Mraz
24-02-12, 02:25

Have you read the police report? He could've pretty much killed her, it's just not a sane decision for someone to choose to be with a person that's done something like that to you.

Yes, we don't know Rihanna, but this kind of relationships happen everywhere and they're always more or less the same.

http://popbytes.com/archive/2012/02/chris_brown_rihanna_police_report.shtml

dizzydoil
24-02-12, 02:26
Makes me wonder what would of happened to her if she didn't get out of the car. :(

Apathetic
24-02-12, 02:27
Have you read the police report? He could've pretty much killed her, it's just not a sane decision for someone to choose to be with a person that's done something like that to you.

Yes, we don't know Rihanna, but this kind of relationships happen everywhere and they're always more or less the same.

http://popbytes.com/archive/2012/02/chris_brown_rihanna_police_report.shtml

I was referring to the 'forgive' part of Encore's post.

TippingWater
24-02-12, 03:46
I couldn't care less , even though I kinda enjoy Rihanna's music .

Tommy123
24-02-12, 04:39
Its the past.

Shark_Blade
24-02-12, 05:59
Its the past.Now is the present.

Your point?

robm_2007
24-02-12, 06:09
She did get some great deal of sympathy from the public, and press, so it was not so bad for her.

/All press is good press

Other than that, that's not very nice of him to beat someone, but if she wants to still associate with him, that's her business and it just sends a wrong message.

Sir Croft
24-02-12, 10:35
I like how people go "Oh, it's her life! She can do whatever she wants!" when people judge her for partnering with him again. Well, no ****, Sherlock! She can do whatever she wants, doesn't mean she should and that won't stop me from having an opinion on it. I don't need to know much beyond the fact that he abused her to such an extent that her lips became twice as big, and it's only a matter of time before that happens again. I used to see her as a great artist with a strong personality, now I see her as a weak woman. And don't even get me started on how she used the attack to boost her career...
As for Chris Brown, I always thought he was a douchebag and always will. I never liked him before, he's got the brains of a Bronx 6 year-old trying to be ghetto, and his ego couldn't be bigger.

Sharon_14
24-02-12, 14:17
I hate Chris Brown and I hate his music, he's a douche.