PDA

View Full Version : Which Tomb Raider game had the best plot?

Ward Dragon
25-02-12, 21:31
Poll requested by sheepman23 :)

scremanie
25-02-12, 21:32
Legend.

Phlip
Oh AoD without a shadow of a doubt!

TheRCroft
Angel of Darkness.

Mikky
25-02-12, 21:34
Legend.

But AoD had a great plot too, and I think that will win.

Seth94
25-02-12, 21:35
AOD. :tmb:

Although TR4 comes a close second for me. :)

sheepman23
25-02-12, 21:35
I'm stuck between The Last Revelation and Angel of Darkness. Both were very great and interesting IMO, even though I normally pay little mind to the plot when it comes to games like Tomb Raider.

I'll vote later. :whi:

xXhayleyroxXx
25-02-12, 21:36
Legend :p

Greenkey2
Angel of Darkness, although in truth it was only continuing the plot begun in TR4, to be further fleshed out in Chronicles.

*sighs* What might have been, eh :o

TRULuverzz
AoD has the best plot IMO :)
The second best would go to TR1 :tmb:

Catracoth
25-02-12, 21:37
Isn't it redundant to have both Tomb Raider I and Anniversary considering they're the same plot...?

Spong
25-02-12, 21:38
Where's the penguin option? I think all TR plots suck.

t-raider26
25-02-12, 21:40
Angel of Darkness, hands down.

sheepman23
25-02-12, 21:40
I ended up going for The Last Revelation.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE AoD's plot, but I didn't like how unfinished several parts of it were, whereas TR4 felt very whole and complete, and all of the stuff pertaining to Seth, the Armor of Horus, and the Amulet was just so exciting. :D The voice acting and dialogues were just spot on as well.

Isn't it redundant to have both Tomb Raider I and Anniversary considering they're the same plot...?

Not really. Anniversary changes a LOT of stuff from TR1. They're similar of course, but definitely not the same.

Ward Dragon
25-02-12, 21:41
I ended up voting for AOD, although on any given day I might change my mind and pick TR1 or TR4 :p

AOD's plot appeals to me the most with its darker tone and attempt to have a deeper and more mature story. However it was unfinished and a lot got left out, not to mention we never got the sequel to continue the story.

TR1's story is very basic and simple, but I like the general idea of Natla trying to use the Scion to release monsters into the world and speed up evolution.

TR4 is probably the most well-rounded out of the series because it takes the story more seriously than the previous three games, but doesn't leave things out or feel unfinished like AOD does. However I hate cliff-hanger endings, so that's major points against TR4's story even though I like it overall.

ajrich17901
25-02-12, 21:41
Angel Of Darkness for the win.

Catracoth
25-02-12, 21:42
Not really. Anniversary changes a LOT of stuff from TR1. They're similar of course, but definitely not the same.

The plots are pretty much the same.

Love2Raid
25-02-12, 21:45
They're all ****, to be honest. I voted Last Revelation to piss off the AOD fanboys.

Mikky
25-02-12, 21:45

Have you actually played TR1 and TRA? They're not the same. It's not even a matter of opinion, it's just fact. Yes, they have a lot of similarities, of course, but to say they're the same is ridiculous. :/

Spong
25-02-12, 21:46
Why are people voting for AoD? The plot was unfinished and butchered. How does that constitute being the best? :confused:

sheepman23
25-02-12, 21:47

The general plots are the same, but the specific points of the plots are different.

- In TR1, Natla is human; in TRA, she's a god
- In TR1, Lara searches for the Scion out of pure interest; in TRA, she searches for it to find out what happened to her mother
- In TR1, Lara kills people without feeling bad about it; in TRA, she kills people and then sobs about it
- The dialogues are a lot different between the two games
- There's no Cowboy character in TRA
- In TR1, Qualopec and Tihocan are definitely dead; in TRA, they appear to be alive.
- Character personalities are a lot different, especially Lara.

larson n natla
25-02-12, 21:48
Angel of Darkness although it lost me a little by the middle.

Mikky
25-02-12, 21:49
Why are people voting for AoD? The plot was unfinished and butchered. How does that constitute being the best? :confused:

Come on, Spong. Isn't is obvious? :p While I think there are a few people here who genuinely think it's the best plot, the majority are just fanboys. Which is why I said in my first post that I think it will win. xD

Reggie
25-02-12, 21:50
Angel of Darkness without any shadow of a doubt.

Tomb Raider 4 follows that, then its Tomb Raider 1.

All the other games have either been non-existant or very weak in the plot department.

Mad Tony
25-02-12, 21:50
As always, Tomb Raider III for me.

And as always AoD is getting massively overrated. :p

Seth94
25-02-12, 21:51

Why don't you vote instead of moaning about what other people are voting for? Or just accept that people like AOD's storyline. ;)

Ward Dragon
25-02-12, 21:53

It's true that AOD left a lot out, but what actually is in the game is still a lot better than the stories from most of the other games in the series.

sheepman23
25-02-12, 21:53

That's normally the way I feel about anything AoD-related, but in this case I understand it. It's obvious the designers put a lot of hard work into AoD's plot... shame they didn't do the same for the rest of the game. :p

Anja
25-02-12, 21:56
AoD defiantly.It was really good eventough it wasn't finished.I like it as is.
Underworld, TRLR and TRL come close...

silviu_raider
25-02-12, 21:58
I loved "The Last Revelation" story.

Spong
25-02-12, 21:59
Why don't you vote instead of moaning about what other people are voting for? Or just accept that people like AOD's storyline. ;)

I can't vote. As I already said, I think all the plots suck, I wanted a penguin option :(

I just think AoD's plot was mental (and I don't mean mental as in brilliant). Yeah it had potential, but like everything else about the game, it was completely ruined because it was unfinished. The plot had bits missing and didn't even have a conclusion. But to each their own I guess...

Seth94
25-02-12, 22:01
I can't vote. As I already said, I think all the plots suck, I wanted a penguin option :(

So you didn't like any TR storylines at all? Then how can you like TR lol? :p

I just think AoD's plot was mental (and I don't mean mental as in brilliant). Yeah it had potential, but like everything else about the game, it was completely ruined because it was unfinished. The plot had bits missing and didn't even have a conclusion. But to each their own I guess...

Well what we did see of AOD's plot was excellent imo. It may not have been finished, but it was still fantastic. :tmb:

tomee
25-02-12, 22:02
Last revelation

I knew AOD would win this anyway though.

sheepman23
25-02-12, 22:03

When I was little, I paid absolutely no attention to the stories and still loved the games... :p

I knew AOD would win this anyway though.

I knew it would win, but never by this much! :eek: I figured it would be a little more dispersed.

afzalmiah
25-02-12, 22:04
AOD for me :)

Dark Lugia 2
25-02-12, 22:04
As always, Tomb Raider III for me.

AoD has more of a plot than the other games to be honest. :p Or at least it played a bigger part and more effort went into it. Well, the CD trilogy has emphasis on the story too but I didn't like that one. TRIII is my favourite classic TR but I barely remember the story.

AoD for me!

Lara's father added to it in Anniversary, that makes enough of a difference for me to prefer the TR1 plot over it because I found the emphasis on Lara's father cheesy.

Rai
25-02-12, 22:05
Last Revelation. Overall, it had a nice flow, it showed sides to Lara not seen before (much) and it had a cracker of a cliffhanger ending. I liked the Seth/Horus part of the story too.

Spong
25-02-12, 22:07

For the exploration/platforming/puzzle solving/combat (in that order). I play games like TR for the gameplay and to be immersed in its environments, I don't need some concocted pretext to help me enjoy that.

Vinkula
25-02-12, 22:10
Hmm, this is very hard for me... But I have to say TR2 :) I love the game so much :P

Cristina
25-02-12, 22:11
The Last Revelation :D

Seth94
25-02-12, 22:12
For the exploration/platforming/puzzle solving/combat (in that order). I play games like TR for the gameplay and to be immersed in its environments, I don't need some concocted pretext to help me enjoy that.

I agree, but the story does help to create the gameplay in a way. And without a story there is no gameplay, if you see what I mean. :p

sheepman23
25-02-12, 22:14
I agree, but the story does help to create the gameplay in a way. And without a story there is no gameplay, if you see what I mean. :p

Exhibit A: Tetris. :p

I see your point, but I see Spong's as well. The gameplay/atmosphere of most TR games is more than enough to please me, although games like TR4 an AoD do get a few extra credit points for having such fantastic stories. :)

Rai
25-02-12, 22:15

That's not strictly true. In theory, you could just have gameplay, but the story adds to it imo, gives a reason why the gameplay is happening; it's the whole package.

Anja
25-02-12, 22:17
And it depends on what people prefer.Some may care about story some may not.I for example do care for story ...a lot...:)

BrandonFlowers
25-02-12, 22:20
Underworld, obviously :)

I kid, TR4

larafan25
25-02-12, 22:21
Legend.

AOD's would have been enjoyable if it were there, fully, and properly.

lord gaga
25-02-12, 22:31
Best to worst for me is like

AOD
Tr4
Tr1/TRA
Tr2
Trl
Tr3
Tru
Tr5

The1andOnlyTR
25-02-12, 22:37
I feel like there are those people who love LAU and those who hate it. I personally loved it. So I picked TRL. I REALLY liked AoD, as well. It was a toss up. But I feel like TRL was the only one that genuinely surprised me.

Mikky
25-02-12, 22:38
I'm really surprised no-one's voted for Underworld yet. :p

Giraffe3
25-02-12, 22:43
Both Legend and AOD.
* Flips Coin*
Angel of Darkness

sheepman23
25-02-12, 22:47
Poor Chronicles and Underworld have no votes... :p

I'm not really sure which plot is my least favorite. Probably Underworld, although TR3's plot is pretty ridiculous and I hated Lara's personality in Legend.

tomb rayder
25-02-12, 23:31
Tomb Raider 2

TheCoolJazz
25-02-12, 23:35
Chronicles and Underworld are forever alone xD

I'll go with AoD :ton:

Eddie Haskell
25-02-12, 23:38
I think that any game in which the gamer utilizes an avatar needs a plot, but not necessarily a full fledged story. In my mind as this relates to gaming, the two can be separated and differentiated.

In order for you to comprehend what to do in game a simple plot with game goals is required. You need to know what you must do to advance in order to realize the conclusion of the game. A simple plot with game goals is all that is required, however even in most games of this ilk they go much further than this basic need. The original Tomb Raider provided what I consider to be a good balance of simple storytelling and pointed goals. They did not attempt to beat you over the head and perhaps bore you with an overbearing tale, they accomplished their task with a mere modicum of video interludes. I feel that the original classic told the story in such an ethereal fashion that you the gamer could actually almost ignore it for the most part and play the game as yourself rather than as Miss Croft. Which is exactly how I always play the game.

But even so, I do know the stories of the games and find the first game the best for a couple of reasons. It was simple, and it did not try and be too cute, too fancy or try and take itself too seriously. Overall the story was good from start to finish in my opinion. The characters were kind of random (and I like that), the plot ludicrous and very sci-fi (up my alley), and the main villain appeared to be quite contradictory in many ways. What I mean is that she was crude and sounded like female construction worker, and yet she was in reality a sophisticated, powerful Atlantean. It used to crack me up when I played the game.

LaraDuh
25-02-12, 23:38
AoD and TR4

Cali
25-02-12, 23:39
At the moment I'm finding it hard to pick :I Geeesh ...

Linoshi Croft
26-02-12, 00:29
Legend or AOD.

I'm going to go with Legend. For the simple fact AOD felt unfinished and alot of the actual original plot was missing.

Encore
26-02-12, 00:38
I don't think any TR game ever had a good story. I certainly never cared for them.

But I suppose AoD's story was the more original and intriguing.

AmericanAssassin
26-02-12, 00:40
Either TLR or AOD, but I like TLR more, so I'm going with that. :p

Greenapple968
26-02-12, 00:47
Tr4.

Draco
26-02-12, 00:51
TR4, bar none.

robm_2007
26-02-12, 01:12
AOD! o

Nenya awakens
26-02-12, 01:13
It's a tie between Tr1 and TLR for me, personally.

jajay119
26-02-12, 01:16
AOD, despite the enormous cuts the story was easily the best.

patriots88888
26-02-12, 02:31
The Last Revelation, hands down. It had what I believe to be the most compelling, intense and complete 'story' of all the previous TR's and of those which followed.

I ended up going for The Last Revelation.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE AoD's plot, but I didn't like how unfinished several parts of it were, whereas TR4 felt very whole and complete, and all of the stuff pertaining to Seth, the Armor of Horus, and the Amulet was just so exciting. :D The voice acting and dialogues were just spot on as well.

... I normally pay little mind to the plot when it comes to games like Tomb Raider

Your second (above) post would suggest otherwise. :p

sheepman23
26-02-12, 02:38
Your second (above) post would suggest otherwise. :p

I guess what I meant to say is that if the plot is really good, then I pay attention to it. I'm replaying TR4 right now, and just got done watching the FMV where Seth is released, and normally when FMV's occur in TR games, I'll pay little attention to them or even skip them altogether. But not the case with this game, the plot really intrigues me. :)

_Awestruck_
26-02-12, 02:46
Aod.

Killercowz
26-02-12, 02:46
Despite the games flaws, AOD had a wonderful storyline on it's own.

It could of been so much more however if the game wasn't unfinished.

leglion
26-02-12, 02:55
TRL. Wonderful use of flashbacks to tell the story and the whole Arthurian monomyth thing was really interesting.

Dark Lugia 2
26-02-12, 03:06
I'm really surprised no-one's voted for Underworld yet. :p

Why? It's story was craptastic. So Hollywood blockbuster :/

Catracoth
26-02-12, 03:07
TRL. Wonderful use of flashbacks to tell the story and the whole Arthurian monomyth thing was really interesting.

I did learn a lot about King Arthur from Legend, and Thor via Underworld.
I swear, I learnt more in the TR trilogy than I did in history class in high school.

sheepman23
26-02-12, 03:09
I swear, I learnt more in the TR trilogy than I did in history class in high school.

I generally hated everything about the mommy plot in LAU, but I will not deny that I found the King Arthur and Thor plots to be very interesting.

It's amazing how when you throw history/mythology into a video game, it suddenly becomes very interesting, yet when you try to study it in actual history class... it's boring. :p

leglion
26-02-12, 03:27
FIX: Lets play video games in school.

larafan25
26-02-12, 03:29
The mere fact that TRU was rumored to be about the Mayan underworld prompted me to read up on that at the library, which I never would have done. I simply over estimated my role in understanding the story, the role I felt I had a lot of in TRL.

Catracoth
26-02-12, 03:31
It's amazing how when you throw history/mythology into a video game, it suddenly becomes very interesting, yet when you try to study it in actual history class... it's boring. :p

True story.
If my teacher whipped out an Xbox and showed us the three games, I would have loved education. :p

Stevo505
26-02-12, 03:32
I actually really liked the story in Underworld with the mythology and stuff :pi:

Lara Croft!
26-02-12, 03:40
Although TR2 is my favorite TR and I like its plot, I have to admit that AOD has the best one.

TheRCroft
26-02-12, 04:16
I actually really liked the story in Underworld with the mythology and stuff :pi:

Same here. And I also really liked the story in Legend. I just didn't vote in any of them because of the mummy plot.

Legend of Lara
26-02-12, 04:19
AoD was wasted potential, but such potential it was...

wow people are actually voting for TR3

did that even have a plot?

Mikky
26-02-12, 04:21
Yay, someone voted for Underworld! Finally!

That game had a really good plot. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more votes.

Linoshi Croft
26-02-12, 04:52
Yay, someone voted for Underworld! Finally!

That game had a really good plot. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more votes.

Plus, major plot holes and the destruction of ideas and happenings in Legend. For instance the broken portal in Nepal...Lara and Amanda come through it in the end of the game when it clearly split when Amelia pulled out the sword.

Although, like others have said I loved the mythology side of things.

Mikky
26-02-12, 05:01
Plus, major plot holes and the destruction of ideas and happenings in Legend. For instance the broken portal in Nepal...Lara and Amanda come through it in the end of the game when it clearly split when Amelia pulled out the sword.

Although, like others have said I loved the mythology side of things.

You call that a major plot hole? I wouldn't go that far. It just feels more like a silly technicality, tbh. Definitely doesn't ruin the overall plot.

Linoshi Croft
26-02-12, 05:03
You call that a major plot hole? I wouldn't go that far. It just feels more like a silly technicality, tbh. Definitely doesn't ruin the overall plot.

It is major considering there is technically no way out through the Nepal portal, which they came through :p Meaning they should be still stuck in Helheim.

leglion
26-02-12, 05:05
Wait, how do we know that that's the Nepal portal? :pi:

sheepman23
26-02-12, 05:06

It is. The proof being that Lara picks up the drawings of the yetis from when she was a kid, which were clearly left in Nepal.

Linoshi Croft
26-02-12, 05:07
Beat me to it :p

It has the cracked dias that Lara shattered in Legend. Plus, the drawing of the yeti she did when she was a little girl.

remote91
26-02-12, 05:09
LR story stands out hugely for me.

larafan25
26-02-12, 05:12
It is major considering there is technically no way out through the Nepal portal, which they came through :p Meaning they should be still stuck in Helheim.

But just because one end was broken, doesn't mean you can't access the other end, which they did.

Perhaps accessing the other end ...somehow fixes or gives access to a broken portal?

t-raider26
26-02-12, 05:13
40 votes for Angel of Darkness. You go Angel of Darkness!

And none for Chronicles, bye!

leglion
Meh, maybe it put it self back together. :p

benjamin_2010
I was thinking about this and starting whistling the theme song from AOD. And knew that had to be my final answer.

Melonie Tomb Raider
26-02-12, 07:03
Trlr :)

Stevo505
26-02-12, 07:04
I was thinking about this and starting whistling the theme song from AOD. And knew that had to be my final answer.

Without a doubt the main theme is the best in AOD.

leglion
26-02-12, 07:42
So i thought about what we were discussing a page back. Everything wasn't destroyed in the explosion, only the wheel. But the wheel puts itself into place when the sword is inserted anyway so it wouldn't really matter if it was in pieces. Now if the pillars were destroyed which were the source of energy, then it would have really been broken. So that explains it.

Nemo_91
26-02-12, 10:32
The Last Revelation.

MiCkiZ88
26-02-12, 10:34
Angel of Darkness for sure. I did love The Last Revelation storyline as well and TRII and TRI are a close tie for third place.

TombRaiderFan.
26-02-12, 10:52
AoD, although it almost lost to TR4 in my book. AoD is unfinished and that makes me doubt about voting for it.

Anyways, I actually felt Legend was more unfinished than AoD--believe it or not. I feel like CD had such a great thing going for them with King Arthur and the monomyth, and suddenly they just scratched everything and get Thor involved. They never explained what happened to the knights who never returned, and we never got to see the "paradise" at the other end of the looking-glass. I don't know, I just felt majorly disappointed by Legend's ending, and Underworld didn't make up for it at all.

I did learn a lot about King Arthur from Legend, and Thor via Underworld.

Ya..well, history classes usually stick to factual events not myths. Just saying...:whi:

leglion
26-02-12, 10:55
AoD, although it almost lost to TR4 in my book. AoD is unfinished and that makes me doubt about voting for it.

Anyways, I actually felt Legend was more unfinished than AoD--believe it or not. I feel like CD had such a great thing going for them with King Arthur and the monomyth, and suddenly they just scratched everything and get Thor involved. They never explained what happened to the knights who never returned, and we never got to see the "paradise" at the other end of the looking-glass. I don't know, I just felt majorly disappointed by Legend's ending, and Underworld didn't make up for it at all.

Ya..well, history classes usually stick to factual events not myths. Just saying...:whi:

Of course it felt unfinished, it was a trilogy. What's AOD's excuse? :p BTW, there was no mention of thor until underworld.

Afonya
26-02-12, 11:39
Angel of Darkness. TR1-TR4 all have intriguing plots , but Aod was really like watching a movie, I love it's theme and characters. I'm so disappointed that they couldn't do the sequel... :(

dizzydoil
26-02-12, 12:06
The Angel of Darkness without a doubt. Legend comes in at a close second, with Tomb Raider I.

TombRaiderFan.
26-02-12, 12:20
Of course it felt unfinished, it was a trilogy. What's AOD's excuse? :p BTW, there was no mention of thor until underworld.

Do your homework, AoD was meant to be a trilogy as well. I never said Thor was in Legend. In fact, that was exactly what I was getting at.

leglion
26-02-12, 12:21
Do your homework, AoD was meant to be a trilogy as well. I never said Thor was in Legend. In fact, that was exactly what I was getting at.

Was meant. But that idea was thrown out the window.

Jami393
26-02-12, 12:31
I voted for Anniversary because I just love the re-telling of the orignal game, and also making it fit well within the trilogy.

Rosaly
26-02-12, 12:33
Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness

Fiamma Nera
26-02-12, 12:35
Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation.

Moosey
26-02-12, 13:20
I think AOD's was the best.

lcroft_lc
26-02-12, 14:20
The Angel of Darkness. No doubt. :jmp:

Chronicles got zero vote. :p

Monari
26-02-12, 14:54
Absolutely The Angel of Darkness. :tmb:

Phlip
26-02-12, 14:57
Glad to see AoD winning by miles. CD, take note on what actually makes an epic, multi-layered and fascinating story.

ajrich17901
26-02-12, 15:00
Glad to see AoD winning by miles. CD, take note on what actually makes an epic, multi-layered and fascinating story.

:tmb:

Spong
26-02-12, 15:44
Glad to see AoD winning by miles. CD, take note on how many fanboys there are and feel free to ignore them because they can't let go.

:tmb::p

sheepman23
26-02-12, 15:51
:tmb::p

You crack me up. Just saying. :vlol:

Regarding Lara's biography: I couldn't care less about it, considering that it doesn't affect the gameplay in any way, shape, or form. I suppose I could see where it would be confusing when discussing Lara as a person, but in the end it doesn't change the way I perceive the games in the slightest.

CiaKonwerski
26-02-12, 16:07
The Last Revelation. :)

http://media.gamerevolution.com/images/games/dreamcast/tomb_raider_the_last_revelation/tomb_raider_the_last_revelation_004.jpg

the ancient
26-02-12, 16:24
Anniversary :tmb:

Good story and it involved the mommy/daddy stuff but without being cheesy or Hollywood style.

sheepman23
26-02-12, 16:25
Although it's a LONG ways off from winning, it's nice to see The Last Revelation getting some praise here as well. I personally think it was the one that took the story most seriously without letting it interfere with gameplay. The cutscenes/FMV are minimal but tell the story in a fantastic way. :tmb:

leglion
26-02-12, 16:29
Yeah, like when Lara was collecting the armor pieces. It was just another part of the gameplay. There was no big introductory cutscene.

lcroft_lc
26-02-12, 16:46
Core Design or Crystal Dynamics? :p j/k

jarekhanzelka
26-02-12, 16:52
AoD definitely interested me the most storywise. Having said that, I never came to a TR game for its story.

SirPlagueRat
26-02-12, 16:53
I voted for AoD, but I liked TLR's plot as well. That one was actually complete, too.

But yeah they're all pretty meh, to be honest. :vlol:

leglion
26-02-12, 16:54

Given the context and the fact people use CD to refer to Crystal Dynamics, i think he means Crystal.

aidanmalone
26-02-12, 16:58
Tomb raider 4 :D

strawberry22
26-02-12, 17:16
Angel of Darkness, although in truth it was only continuing the plot begun in TR4, to be further fleshed out in Chronicles.

*sighs* What might have been, eh :o

This :tmb:

randomrhys
26-02-12, 17:48
AOD, by miles. The story and atmosphere is why I still love it.

Phlip
26-02-12, 17:53
Yeah, like when Lara was collecting the armor pieces. It was just another part of the gameplay. There was no big introductory cutscene.
Yep, I don't like how in CDs games a big deal is made over picking **** up, like the Scion in TRA. :)

Well Core don't exist and unfortunately will never work on TR again so how could I mean Core.

Linoshi Croft
26-02-12, 18:01
White text :pi:

sheepman23
26-02-12, 18:09
Yep, I don't like how in CDs games a big deal is made over picking **** up, like the Scion in TRA. :)

If CD was to remake The Last Revelation, finding a piece of Horus' armor would go something like this...

*Lara walks over to the stone chest containing the armor, and reads some Egyptian inscription on the bottom (since she can read like, millions of different languages in LAU)*

*Lara uses all of her strength to push the lid open, and peering into the container, she sees... the Right Gauntlet!*

*cue exciting music*

"My God..."

*open-mouthed expression from Lara*

*sliding the gauntlet into her backpack, she uses all of her strength to shut the lid again*

*Lara wipes the dust off of her shorts, and walks away from the container*

:p

jajay119
26-02-12, 18:20
Umm...

4RATL9yzfMA

Not quite as bad as CD, but still

Also, bar actually picking something up you just described the cut-scene tihocan's chamber word for word.

leglion
26-02-12, 18:22
If CD was to remake The Last Revelation, finding a piece of Horus' armor would go something like this...

*Lara walks over to the stone chest containing the armor, and reads some Egyptian inscription on the bottom (since she can read like, millions of different languages in LAU)*

*Lara uses all of her strength to push the lid open, and peering into the container, she sees... the Right Gauntlet!*

*cue exciting music*

"My God..."

*open-mouthed expression from Lara*

*sliding the gauntlet into her backpack, she uses all of her strength to shut the lid again*

*Lara wipes the dust off of her shorts, and walks away from the container*

In a CD game the armor pieces would probably be in some EPIC room. :p
But i like those epic rooms. :pi:

sheepman23
26-02-12, 18:23
@jajay119: Most of the ones in that video are FMV's, so they can easily be skipped.

Also, the one where Lara finds the Amulet of Horus deserves its own little cutscene, considering it's an extremely significant moment where Lara unleashes Seth. :p

MattTR
26-02-12, 18:26
I loved the original Tomb Raider's story, it was simple and I was young and still understood it. :tmb:

Spong
26-02-12, 18:56
...you just described the cut-scene tihocan's chamber word for word.

A friend of mine & I have a long-running joke about that cutscene. I can't be bothered to explain what it is though :p

Legend 4ever
26-02-12, 19:12
Legend.

tomee
26-02-12, 19:20
A friend of mine & I have a long-running joke about that cutscene. I can't be bothered to explain what it is though :p

Hey, at least now you have 21,747 posts and not 21,746. :tmb:

Phlip
26-02-12, 20:18
Umm...

4RATL9yzfMA

Not quite as bad as CD, but still

Also, bar actually picking something up you just described the cut-scene tihocan's chamber word for word.
That was the pickup of the game. :p

I wanna know.

trXD
26-02-12, 20:19
Legend was the only one where I was at least vaguely interested, although I didn't like some parts of the plot.

Avalon SARL
26-02-12, 21:06
It is the game I hate most: AOD, but it had a very nice plot...

Legend comes next :)

TheRCroft
26-02-12, 21:09
I'm glad to see AoD is winning. Although I'm a major Crystal fan, more than a Core one anyway, I'm not a delusional one and I can clearly see which one of the plots was the best (in my opinion, anyway).

jajay119
26-02-12, 21:29
^ Me too :) It's nice that AOD be remembered for something good.

Atlantisfreak
27-02-12, 01:12
Chronicles looked sooooo lonely there :(

jajay119
27-02-12, 01:21
That's because it virtually doesn't have a story to it. And what story it does have is a minute contination of TR4 that could have actuall been a post credits ending to that game.

larafan25
27-02-12, 01:22
I think TReboot might beat TRL for me, if the mystery about the island is really good and not spoiled.

Mikky
27-02-12, 01:31
I think TReboot might beat TRL for me, if the mystery about the island is really good and not spoiled.

Agreed. I have high hopes for the plot of TR2012.

Stevo505
27-02-12, 01:35
They're implying that there's a lot of mystery in the reboot. I'm excited to see how it plays it.

larafan25
27-02-12, 01:36

They're implying that there's a lot of mystery in the reboot. I'm excited to see how it plays it.

Same, AHHHH.

Well need another one of these polls when it comes out! D:

Phlip
27-02-12, 01:36

I love how you say that as if anyone actually gives a crap. :p

Stevo505
27-02-12, 01:37
Same, AHHHH.

Well need another one of these polls when it comes out! D:

Yes. TR2012 will probably explode with votes :D Oh look at me getting my hopes up... :p

peeves
27-02-12, 03:13
Tr6 ftw! ;) :D

knightgames
27-02-12, 05:53
AoD. It had murder, hitmen, fire, incubating mutants, newpaper reporters, a possible love interest, several locations. There was even a hooker.

What other TR game can best that?

patriots88888
27-02-12, 06:16
AoD. It had murder, hitmen, fire, incubating mutants, newpaper reporters, a possible love interest, several locations. There was even a hooker.

What other TR game can best that?

Besides the assumed 'possible love interest', I don't really see those other things that you listed as anything that unique. I could just as easily list a number of things that make The Last Revelation special.

Camera Obscura
27-02-12, 08:03
Angel of Darkness definitely. Von Croy dies, serial killer on the loose in Paris, the mystery behind the Obscura paintings, the Cabal, the Lux Veritatis, Kurtis, an evil alchemist trying to revive a mythical race called the Nephilim. The game just bleeds a wonderful (alas, unfinished) story.

The Last Revelation follows after AoD because it was the first TR game that actually fleshed out Lara's character and introduced a powerful foe/rival that constantly challenged and even outwitted Lara at several points in the game. I absolutely loved the dynamic relationship between her and Von Croy. And the Egyptian setting and apocalyptic plot was a bonus. :tmb:

After that I think Legend had a fantastic story with the whole "searching for Avalon." Was it a mythical paradise? Was it real? Was Amelia, King Arthur, Queen Tiwanaku, and others sent to this place? And Amanda's grudge definitely helped pushed the story forward. Basically my only beef with Legend's plot was that Lara was too much of a softy , but other than that, I think Legend's plot was good (if you can pretend Anniversary and Underworld didn't happen). :pi:

Lukass
27-02-12, 08:04
Not going to vote now. I will wait for TOMB RAIDER and then I'll decide.

Phlip
27-02-12, 08:26
Not going to vote now. I will wait for TOMB RAIDER and then I'll decide.

Just vote on TR1-8's stories. Once TR9 comes out and a new poll is added (as well as a new option for TR9) things may be different.

robm_2007
27-02-12, 09:05
AOD is obliterating this poll! :p

Lukass
27-02-12, 10:26
OK, then. Voted for TRIII.

Phlip
27-02-12, 14:09
AOD is obliterating this poll! :p

And rightly so, bitches! :cool:

leglion
27-02-12, 14:32
I think if L/U didn't involve Lara's parents they would be dominating this poll right now.

TheRCroft
27-02-12, 17:33
I think if L/U didn't involve Lara's parents they would be dominating this poll right now.

I think so too. I would definitely vote for Legend if it hadn't include Lara's parents.

strawberry22
27-02-12, 17:37
Besides the assumed 'possible love interest', I don't really see those other things that you listed as anything that unique

TRAOD gets waaaay to much hate :( It was a very unique game.

Legend of Lara
27-02-12, 17:41
Lara's mommy was relevant for all of five minutes in Legend. It's all blown way out of proportion.

inb4 that's the whole game

Reggie
27-02-12, 18:04
Lara's mommy was relevant for all of five minutes in Legend. It's all blown way out of proportion.

inb4 that's the whole game

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120210165206/himym/images/3/3f/True-story-neil-patrick-harris.png

patriots88888
27-02-12, 18:25
TRAOD gets waaaay to much hate :( It was a very unique game.

Don't get me wrong, I love Aod. Personally speaking though, I didn't find the story/plot as anything exceptional... it was still good enough though, no doubt about it.

DragonSlayer
27-02-12, 18:48
AOD without a shadow of a doubt.

peeves
28-02-12, 18:08
TR1-6 Yay! TRilogy and TReboot Nay!

Light a Flare
28-02-12, 18:31
AOD is the best for me, although I like the plot in the Last Revelation too.

Before you go hating on the newer games, remember to take into account that some of the classic Tomb Raiders were extremely weak plot-wise. Whilst you may prefer the gameplay and the atmosphere of the classic Tomb Raiders, remember that some of the games (Tomb Raider II and Tomb Raider Chronicles for example), had a very weak (and with TRC) almost non-existent story-line.

Anja
28-02-12, 18:41
Interesting how the two most criticized games around here (TRL and TRAO) have a huge amount of votes.

peeves
28-02-12, 18:51
Interesting how the two most criticized games around here (TRL and TRAO) have a huge amount of votes.

TR6 deserved it while Legend can gota hell.

leglion
28-02-12, 21:53
Well, legends story was interesting, layered, and had no potholes. Two of which can't be said for AOD. That's the thing I like about legend, the game is VERY polished.

Phlip
28-02-12, 22:31
Well, legends story was interesting, layered, and had no potholes. Two of which can't be said for AOD. That's the thing I like about legend, the game is VERY polished.

"Interesting" is debatable. So out of layers and plotholes, AoD has both.

leglion
28-02-12, 22:34
"Interesting" is debatable. So out of layers and plotholes, AoD has both.

And that's a good thing?

Vinkula
28-02-12, 22:36
IMO Legend had a good plot. :)

Phlip
28-02-12, 22:43
And that's a good thing?

Plotholes? No, but I wasn't gonna ignore the flaws...

Wendigo-san
28-02-12, 23:19
I won't be original - I'm for "dee Aingell ov Darkneez". ^^ Because the plot had many untold mysteries, because here was Kurtis and his paranormal abilities and because of Lara's stalactites instead of normal haircut. ;p

Tyrannosaurus
29-02-12, 05:12
It's quite telling how the old Core games are kicking the crap out of the CD games for the most part, especially AOD.

Also, I love how TR1 ranks above TRA.

Scurvy
29-02-12, 08:23
Although Chronicles was short story's of Lara's past i think it has a good plot

I, Tomb Raider
29-02-12, 21:40
Most definitely AOD. :tmb:

Carbon
29-02-12, 23:00
AoD for me… all the other games didn't have the 'Oomph' or 'Meat' that AoD's plot had IMO. The only game I go back to and actually listen to what Lara says :o

(On a side note, did anyone smile slightly at the AoD Lara inside the Doppelgänger in TRU?)

Tombraiderx08
29-02-12, 23:05
TR3, for me :tmb:

The Great Chi
29-02-12, 23:36
Well I knew 'AOD' was going to be the winner of this, even before I looked at the polls, because year after year members keep saying what a great storyline AOD was, and should be expanded by a sequel :D

But considering the very poor PC controls, the dying all the time because of clumsiness of getting Lara to do what you want, and she does not, 'Angel of darkness' had to have something to keep you playing on level after extrucuating level, and yes, I agree, that was the brilliant plot.

Conclusion: Best plot, shame about the game play :(

peeves
29-02-12, 23:39
Well I knew 'AOD' was going to be the winner of this, even before I looked at the polls, because year after year members keep saying what a great storyline AOD was, and should be expanded by a sequel :D

But considering the very poor PC controls, the dying all the time because of clumsiness of getting Lara to do what you want, and she does not, 'Angel of darkness' had to have something to keep you playing on level after extrucuating level, and yes, I agree, that was the brilliant plot.

Conclusion: Best plot, shame about the game play :(

The gameplay of AOD wasn't bad either because i quite enjoyed it. I'm sad to see that core design is gone from making TR permanenetly. :(

!Lara Croft!
01-03-12, 04:01
It's quite telling how the old Core games are kicking the crap out of the CD games for the most part, especially AOD.

Also, I love how TR1 ranks above TRA.

And also amazing how these old games with supposedly 'no storytelling ability' are beating the new 'cinematic' ones... :pi:

I do agree that legend has an interesting story and is worth recognition. It was good, it just wasn't Lara's. If they had left the mother plotline out, then it would have slotted into the classic bio and universe perfectly.

Catracoth
01-03-12, 04:05
I think the whole "personal family drama" as a plot just killed the franchise's last couple of games. Yes, we all know Lara has emotions and loves her parents, but they practically watered down her bad-ass-ery. I voted Angel of Darkness because the plot was a fine mixture of everything.

The Great Chi
01-03-12, 11:40
The gameplay of AOD wasn't bad . :(Well if you consider Lara as a battle tank, then the controls were perfect, as a tank.

Tank controls..... rotate battle tank then move forward.
Lara controls...... rotate lara and move forward.

Does a human move like that normally ...... Absolutely not !

Ward Dragon
01-03-12, 12:39
And also amazing how these old games with supposedly 'no storytelling ability' are beating the new 'cinematic' ones... :pi:

I do agree that legend has an interesting story and is worth recognition. It was good, it just wasn't Lara's. If they had left the mother plotline out, then it would have slotted into the classic bio and universe perfectly.

Yeah, I agree. They put so much focus on Lara's parents throughout the LAU trilogy. The parents didn't get much actual screen-time, but nearly everything that Lara said or did was from the perspective of trying to find her mother. As a result she never even bothered to look into the actual interesting stuff, like how the daises work.

If her parents weren't in the games at all and she was just interested in finding out how the cool daises worked, and/or where King Arthur went, then I think the story would have been much more interesting. Instead all the interesting stuff got brushed aside and never satisfactorily explained because they were too busy trying to shoehorn Natla and Lara's mother into the plot so they ended up doing too many things at once and not fully developing any one plot-line.

Well if you consider Lara as a battle tank, then the controls were perfect, as a tank.

Tank controls..... rotate battle tank then move forward.
Lara controls...... rotate lara and move forward.

Does a human move like that normally ...... Absolutely not !

I've never seen a person move like LAU Lara either :p She can instantly change direction 180 degrees without ever doing any movements to show that she turned around. Totally not natural, I tell ya! :p

RAID
01-03-12, 12:40
AOD. Does not get any better than that, or at least so far...

Phlip
01-03-12, 12:43
She can instantly change direction 180 degrees without ever doing any movements to show that she turned around. Totally not natural, I tell ya! :p

She actually does do a skid-turn if you turn her 180 degrees whilst running.

Ward Dragon
01-03-12, 12:51
She actually does do a skid-turn if you turn her 180 degrees whilst running.

But if you're just standing there and press the opposite direction from what she's facing, she just kind of magically appears facing the opposite direction :p If there are animations to show her turning, then they're way too fast to register in my mind.

Phlip
01-03-12, 13:05
But if you're just standing there and press the opposite direction from what she's facing, she just kind of magically appears facing the opposite direction :p If there are animations to show her turning, then they're way too fast to register in my mind.

They're there in Legend and Anniversary for me. :o Underworld is another story. :o

Ward Dragon
01-03-12, 14:02
They're there in Legend and Anniversary for me. :o Underworld is another story. :o

Underworld is the one I've played most recently, so that's probably it :p

Zolee
01-03-12, 14:06
TR:AOD :tmb:

SparkleCroft07
01-03-12, 15:57
TR: AOD, every time. :) So complex.

Though I did like the plots for the first three TR's a lot too.

Seth94
01-03-12, 16:31
Well if you consider Lara as a battle tank, then the controls were perfect, as a tank.

That's the controls, not the gameplay. The controls may affect the gameplay, depending on how good you are with them, but it doesn't count as part of the gameplay. Gameplay is more of the content of the game, the puzzles, challenges, etc. :)

Shirley_Manson
02-03-12, 11:55
AOD. Even with it's many plotholes, and the fact game is uncomlete, it's still the best.
TR2 - plot also was good, but not very noticable, lol. If you blink you will miss it.
TRU started out nice, but idk, after the Amelia cutscene player kinda looses interest. Ok, I found Lara's mother? Wasn't that this game's main goal? I don't care about Ragnarok, roll the credits.
TR3 - I noticed the plot the second time I played this. I think Core kinda copied TR1 on this. I mean, Lara gets employed by this doctor Willard to find 3 artifact pieces around the globe (Natla and 3 pieces of the Scion anyone?), then when she finally collects them she finds out Willard is a complete psycho, wants to rule the world, and has armies of mutatnts at his disposal (Natla and the armies of Atlantis anyone?)
TRL- It was dynamic and keeps you interested. Some may say too much is happening here - nepal plane crash, assembling Excalibur, angry ex bestfriend, missing Mother, ancient mysterious diases... ahhh
TR1 - It never really grew on me.
TR5 - Well there are 4 separate plots here. Rome levels were a joke seriously, the atmosphere was good in there, though. Ireland and New York plots were nice.
TR4 - Lasts too long. I mean, its a great game but till you get to the end you cant remember how it started.

michaeldt
02-03-12, 13:24
Angel of darkness

LNSNHGTDS
02-03-12, 13:33
Legend for me :) , others like TR2 and Lat Revelation were really good too but Legend beats them all.

peeves
02-03-12, 13:37
Legend for me :) , others like TR2 and Lat Revelation were really good too but Legend beats them all.

Get out. :mad:

Phlip
02-03-12, 13:50

Freaking respect people's opinions!

jajay119
02-03-12, 13:59
Legend had a good story, but I couldn't get over (and still cannot to an extend, despite now fully understanding how cleverly CD tied it in to past games) the Bio change. Itwas just too much of a glaring contradiction of what had come before for me to able to enjoy it properly.

In terms of sheer pick up and play value without having to know anything else, nor having it impact on anything else, as well as overall quality. AOD still wins for me by a long shot.

Nerd For Life
02-03-12, 14:05
I was torn between TR:AOD and TRII, but I picked TRII.

scoopy_loopy
02-03-12, 14:06
I had a hard time deciding between the first 3 and AOD! I went with AOD in the end. XD

peeves
02-03-12, 14:14

Go to hell.

tomee
02-03-12, 14:22

Don't feed the tro... peeves.
Don't feed peeves.

BrandonFlowers
02-03-12, 14:28
Don't feed peeves.

Unless its chicken wings.

Ward Dragon
02-03-12, 19:47

Go to hell.

You should respect other people's opinions. Other people will have different views from you no matter what the issue is. It's not an attack on you for people to disagree with which game they like the best.

strawberry22
02-03-12, 19:51
You should respect other people's opinions. Other people will have different views from you no matter what the issue is. It's not an attack on you for people to disagree with which game they like the best.

THIS :) Legend had a pretty good plot TBH. They just dragged it on too much :wve

EscondeR
02-03-12, 20:34
Don't feed peeves.

Unless its chicken wings.

Both your comments were hardly aimed at lowering the tension :mis: Don't gang on people next time, this is not better than venting about different opinion.

WWETombRaider
02-03-12, 22:09
I really liked AoD plot. Very interesting

Vinkula
02-03-12, 22:19
OMG, Now I want to change my vote for Legend from TR2 :( Ergh.

LNSNHGTDS
03-03-12, 19:03
Don't feed peeves.

Don't worry, not feeding any narrow-minded people.

Blackmoor
03-03-12, 19:38
TR4

Followed by Legend (pretending that I don't know what happens in TR:U and TR:A, of course, because they spoil what was set up here).

TR4 is my favourite because of the cantankerous Von Croy mostly. If I'm being fair, the plot itself needs a tidy up and some extra depth written into it.

trlestew
03-03-12, 19:45
I thought TR1's plot was the best for its simplicity, and truth to Lara's character. (It did establish it all, right?) you didn't gun down random, mostly innocent people, and there was no extravagent plot point that seemed to come out of nowhere.
"Karel?" anyone? :pi:

Carbon
03-03-12, 20:24
I hate how we get punished for saying stuff to Peeves :confused:

He has it coming, you know.

Anyway, looks like AoD still shines in our hearts… which CD should take a ****ing look at xD

larafan25
03-03-12, 22:22

Anyway, looks like AoD still shines in our hearts… which CD should take a ****ing look at xD

TReboot actually has a lot of similarities to AOD.

Lara is in a traumatic event, and is then left in a world unfamiliar to her, not her usual territory, being stalked, and must solve a mystery to save her life and the lives of others.

Not to mention some of the gameplay similarities.

leglion
03-03-12, 22:24
TReboot actually has a lot of similarities to AOD.

Lara is in a traumatic event, and is then left in a world unfamiliar to her, not her usual territory, being stalked, and must solve a mystery to save her life and the lives of others.

Not to mention some of the gameplay similarities.

Well, if you make the story so vague, of course it has SOME similarities but you could do the same for Alice in wonderland.

Carbon
03-03-12, 23:55
Well, if you make the story so vague, of course it has SOME similarities but you could do the same for Alice in wonderland.

I actually agree with you here… :o

TRLegendLuver
04-03-12, 00:25
Go to hell.

I still have no idea how you go out in public and not get in trouble at all. I have no idea how many times I've said this to you (maybe if the moderator's gave you warning it would help and maybe furthering it past that, because this is getting beyond ridiculous): People have different opinions. Yours is not superior, and others' is not inferior. Get over yourself and find something better to do with your time than bash people for have a different idea than you.

I cannot fathom how you survive in the real world. Goddamn.

Do you expect anything less from the forum? He has done tons of bashing and what-not and for some odd reason, no banning has been done. That makes sense, right? And when someone says something because their sick and tired of his constant bashing, their 'ganging up'. Really?

Ridiculous.

---

Anyways, I voted for Tomb Raider II. While there wasn't tons of cutscenes, I think it was pretty amazing have Lara go for an artifact and then in the process, finds the larger scheme of things instead of it being like that from the beginning. Lara more or less warms herself by finding out about this Bartoli mob-dealer, going to his place to see what the hell is his problem, why he wants Lara dead. Then getting knocked and finding a monk and the history past the dagger, from generations ago. I just feel that that game had the best plotline.

Carbonek_0051
04-03-12, 12:26
To me Legend had the best plot. People can hate on the fact that it involved her parents all they want, but for me they incorporated it well into the King Arthur plot they had going on. The Excalibur/Amanda storyline was also very well written to me, and the game is easily one of the most quotable and memorable stories in the series for me.

Carbon
04-03-12, 12:54
I must admit, Legend had a fantastic plot… but I think it lost the richness and meatiness that AoD had, even less immersive.

When Legend came out, I felt that it had caught up with the rest of the games at the time…

However, I find it hard to see why people would vote for TR5, considering it really didn't have a plot to it, instead 4 small plots all being shoved down your throat. Good game though.

Zebra
04-03-12, 13:09
AoD, then Legend. I don't really like the way they connected Legend's story to Lara's parents but the plot itself was great.

Carbonek_0051
04-03-12, 13:14
I must admit, Legend had a fantastic plot… but I think it lost the richness and meatiness that AoD had, even less immersive.

When Legend came out, I felt that it had caught up with the rest of the games at the time…

To me AoD had potential to have an amazing story, it got lost with the whole Von Croy murder for me and also got lost with how cut up and unfinished the story felt. But I do think that the Obscura painting & Nephilim part of the story was really well done, and could have been better without the whole "Lara clearing her name" thing.

Legend's plot for me felt way more solid. In terms of story I would rank the games:

TRL
TR1
TRA
TRU
TRtLR
AoD
TRIII
TRC
TRII

xcrushterx
04-03-12, 13:47
AOD, although LAU's had potential to be really good, if only they hadn't decided to try and connect Legend & Anniversary until Underworld (& of course, if Underworld actually felt like a sequel to Legend).

Vinkula
04-03-12, 13:51
To me Legend had the best plot. People can hate on the fact that it involved her parents all they want, but for me they incorporated it well into the King Arthur plot they had going on. The Excalibur/Amanda storyline was also very well written to me, and the game is easily one of the most quotable and memorable stories in the series for me.

This is the reason I want to change my vote for Legend from TR2 :)

:tmb:

sheepman23
04-03-12, 15:03
I've given this a lot of thought and have came up with rankings I would give the games in terms of story. From best to worst:

TRLR
AoD
TR1

TR2
TRL
TRA
TRC

TR3
TRU

The Last Revelation, Angel of Darkness, and TR1 are really the only three games where I acknowledge the plot while I'm playing the game. TR4 is really juicy and takes the plot seriously without letting it interfere with the rest of the game. AoD clearly has the most complex plot but falls short because of the fact that so much is missing. TR1 is very simple yet neat with the sci-fi elements. :tmb:

TR2 is good, but it's kind of hard to understand the plot since there's such a lack of dialogue in so many parts of the game. Legend would've been great if it hadn't been for the mommy plot, the same to TRA (which also shouldn't have changed so much from TR1). The Ireland and VCI Tech parts of Chronicles have good sub-plots, but the other two are more or less boring.

TR3's overall plot is ridiculous in my opinion (although there are some really funny cutscenes, and I did like the London sub-plot :D). And TRU takes the cake for worst plot: it essentially combines Lara's boring personality with a ridiculous story. I don't even really like the Mjolnir stuff, to be honest. Not near as intriguing as Excalibur. :o

EDIT: If I include Underworld's DLC, then the game's plot is better than Chronicles. The Doppelganger and Ohk eshivar stuff was really good. :tmb:

Ward Dragon
04-03-12, 16:24
^ Interesting idea :D For me, I think it would be:

AOD (very interesting plot although not finished)
TR4 (also interesting and the most complete out of the series except for the cliffhanger ending :hea:)
TR1 (simple, but I like the general idea)

TRU (including the DLC, this game had some good story moments that I enjoyed and I really like this interpretation of Jormungandr, but overall the story felt very rushed and tried to stuff too many things into too short of a game so nothing got fully fleshed out)
TR2 (I like the general idea but it could have been fleshed out a bit more)
TR5 (I like the general premise of the game, and some of the cutscenes are rather memorable to me)
TR3 (the plot was barely there, but some of the cutscenes were interesting)

TRA (I did enjoy a few of the cutscenes, but the changes from TR1's story made me angry)
TRL (I liked Amanda and it would have been interesting to flesh her out some more and focus on the daises and/or whatever Amanda wanted to achieve, but Lara was too obsessed with her mother to care about anything that I actually would have found interesting so she never bothered to find out what Amanda wanted or how the daises worked)

Seth94
04-03-12, 17:05
Did TRC even have a proper plot? As far as I'm concerned it's just 4 mini stories to form one game. :p

As for a list of best to worst TR plots:

TR:AOD
TRLR
TRL
TR3
TRA
TR2
TR1
TRU
TRC

cezy rockeru
04-03-12, 17:07
Angel of Darkness.

sheepman23
04-03-12, 17:11
Did TRC even have a proper plot? As far as I'm concerned it's just 4 mini stories to form one game. :p

It did. Lara is assumed to be dead at the beginning of the game, and Winston, Jean-Yves, and Father Patrick go to Croft Manor and reminisce over Lara's past adventures/excursions. The majority of the actual cutscenes and FMV's, though, take place in the past. :)

@ Ward Dragon: I hadn't considered including Underworld's DLC, but with it, the game is higher than TR3 for me. The cutscenes from Lara's Shadow are pretty great. :tmb: