PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Confessions

Quasimodo
26-02-12, 02:34
Tomb Raider
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/2548/trconfessions.gif
Confessions
"Bless me, Werner, for I have corner-bugged!"

There's a tumblr (http://tombraiderconfessions.tumblr.com/)by the same name, but what the heck, we can try it, too!

'fess up about your Tomb Raider secrets and unpopular TR opinions (with a picture, too, if you're feeling fancy!) :)

Here's one to get the ball rolling:
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/1484/conf1.jpg

ajrich17901
26-02-12, 02:36
I cannot play Anniversary without modding it using stuff from TRhub. While its simple things like changing Lara or the environment textures, removing all hint icons. It just makes the game so much better overall.

Still have yet to complete Tomb Raider 3,

Mikky
26-02-12, 02:37
I've never finished any of the classics without cheats or walkthroughs and I've never collected all the secrets in TR3. I guess that's about it. :p

MyRaider4Life
26-02-12, 02:38
I haven't finished all the Tomb Raider games.

sheepman23
26-02-12, 02:39
I was about 8 or 9 when I played the classic TR games, and I used walkthroughs very often for them (especially on TR3 and TR4, where I was like a lost puppy half of the time :p). Never used them again after the first time, though.

Also, I can never let Lara just plain run down a corridor. To make it exciting, I do running jumps. :D

Lara Croft!
26-02-12, 02:39
I've used cheats and walk-throughs for every TR game at least once.

larafan25
26-02-12, 02:41
I just played Tomb Raider Anniversary today after spending a good chunk of yesterday fan-gasming over turning in mid air and manual grab. Suffice to say the camera movements and Lara's movements are NOT in sync at all, Lara moves too quickly for the camera, and the camera should not be moving on it's own if we are given control of it. I died a lot simply at the fault of the camera and movements. I'll also add that there is not a single thing enjoyable about ledge climbing and jumping between magnets, therefore the zombified aspect of Tomb Raider which has been platforming may as well not even be in the game.

On a sadder note, I haven't finished TR1 which I have already formed a full opinion on, after hating it's PS1 save crystals and non-responsive jumping. Oh well, what can you do?

Giraffe3
26-02-12, 02:41
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-fXorJlIz994/T0mp1-AYnBI/AAAAAAAAAHk/NsKMVSYHkbg/s422/temp.png
*Embarassed*

*Lara was hot

TRULuverzz
26-02-12, 02:42
I've used cheats and walk-throughs for every TR game at least once.

I've done that too.

Oh and I never played TR4 D:

Mikky
26-02-12, 02:43
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-fXorJlIz994/T0mp1-AYnBI/AAAAAAAAAHk/NsKMVSYHkbg/s422/temp.png
*Embarassed*

*their

:pi:

Giraffe3
26-02-12, 02:47
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-rFldxrBGd70/T0mrOB9173I/AAAAAAAAAH0/pEpCav2NOa4/s497/re.png

larafan25
26-02-12, 02:53
TR4 is the only classic TR I properly completed out of pure enjoyment and will to move forward without...using a walkthrough. :pi:

KC Mraz
26-02-12, 03:07
I wish I could have back the $7 dollars or whatever I payed for Tomb Raider II on the Mac App Store. I haven't even completed the first China levels.

Tony9595
26-02-12, 03:09
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu358/tony9595/killlara.jpg

KC Mraz
26-02-12, 03:23
We're doing it with images? Okay.

http://i.imgur.com/rMKWV.png

larafan25
26-02-12, 04:00
^:vlol:

benjamin_2010
26-02-12, 04:07
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m256/phms2010/TR3beatCHEATS.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m256/phms2010/secretsallgames.jpg

Giraffe3
26-02-12, 04:53
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu358/tony9595/killlara.jpg

Yes, Yes, and YES!!:jmp:

sierra xb
26-02-12, 04:54
I haven't played any of the Core TR games yet

remote91
26-02-12, 04:58
We're doing it with images? Okay.

http://i.imgur.com/rMKWV.png
Get out.

Afonya
26-02-12, 08:54
Even though I'm a huge TR fan, I haven't played the gold games yet (but that's partly because I can't play them atm). And I also have never played TR custom levels. :pi:

Bomb Fighter
26-02-12, 09:10
1. I spent hours swan diving from the top of Tomb of Ancients, just for making Lara pay for all the troubles I experieced in AOD. And for fun...

2. I hate Xibalba and Jan Mayen in TRU. Spiders scare me! :hea: Though itīs pure enjoyment in GoL to kill them with flamethrower.

Kelly Craftman
26-02-12, 09:45
http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/tombraiderconfessions/15177137353/1/tumblr_lx60n1v9ra1r3tdpr

Taken from the tumblr site.

Liara
26-02-12, 10:03
As someone who used to think Lara was really dead at the end of TR4, I still tear up every time I see the first Chronicles cutscene with her statue, mourning parents and Winston. (That embarrassing enough a confession for ya? :pi: )

Spong
26-02-12, 10:06
[]http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/tombraiderconfessions/15177137353/1/tumblr_lx60n1v9ra1r3tdpr[/IMG]

Taken from the tumblr site.

"I ship Lara and Larson"? :confused:

BrandonFlowers
26-02-12, 10:12
The only TR games I have completed are TR2, TR4, Legend and Underworld.

tomblover
26-02-12, 10:31
"I ship Lara and Larson"? :confused: Fanfiction term. :p

Shipping two characters = putting two characters in a relationship. ;)

jarekhanzelka
26-02-12, 10:40
http://i.imgur.com/3pkeO.jpg

xXhayleyroxXx
26-02-12, 10:48
~ I name the animal enemies and try not to kill them if possible :pi: E.g Mr Squeaky the rat, Slurpy the monster in the pool in AOD & Geoffry the wolf *shrugs* :p
~ I can't play the classics alone. There's too many fans/drains/mummies and I tend to cry and run out the room screaming ._.

FloTheMachine
26-02-12, 10:48
I never played Tr3 past Antarctica lol.

irishhips
26-02-12, 10:53
I confess I like both Core and Crystal TR. There I said it.

dizzydoil
26-02-12, 10:58
I have yet to find all the secrets in the classic TRs (without the aid of a walkthrough).
On that note...I own all the walkthroughs and have used them at somepoint. :(
I like to kill Lara (:mis:).

trfanX34
26-02-12, 10:58
I never completed TRIV without the help of my sister, cheats and walktroughs. Damn, that game is hard.

Greenapple968
26-02-12, 11:01
I needed to watch a walkthrough in order to complete 30% of TR4 plus Deepsea Dive and Sinking Submarine from TR5. I also needed the help of my sister to complete Antartica and Lost City of Tinnos from TR3.

I also managed to get killed by the bats on City of Vilcambamba from TR1.

Spong
26-02-12, 11:11
Fanfiction term. :p

Shipping two characters = putting two characters in a relationship. ;)

Cheers for bringing me up to speed :tmb:

I never played Tr3 past Antarctica lol.

I don't think anyone has, what with Antarctica being the last area of the game :p
And before anyone replies to that, I know he's talking about the Antarctica level and not the area as a whole.

StefanJ94
26-02-12, 11:13
TR:AOD which was my first TR game took me approximately 2 years to complete, and I didn't think of using a walkthrough. :pi:

Seth94
26-02-12, 11:16
I needed a walkthrough on my first playthrough for AOD and Anniversary. :)

Liara
26-02-12, 11:31
TR:AOD which was my first TR game took me approximately 2 years to complete, and I didn't think of using a walkthrough. :pi:
And I thought I was the only one that spent years on a game. :D When I played TR2 and 3 the internet wasn't ubiquitous so if you were stuck, then you were stuck. I remember I had to ask my cousin to ask a friend to ask a friend how to get past this part in Temple of Xian because we had no idea walkthroughs existed, at least not in our gaming circle.

In the end it took me a good two years to finish TR2 and another two for TR3. Slaving over a level was just so rewarding once the statistics popped up at the end. Man, those were the days... *insert nostalgia smiley*

patriots88888
26-02-12, 11:46
On my first attempt to play TRL I almost gave up due to sheer boredom... muahahaha! Seriously though, I almost did. :o

And if it was somehow possible, I'd ask Core what the hell they were thinking sticking that Chronicles between two of the best in the series. :pi:

strawberry22
26-02-12, 11:48
I've never beaten all the classics without cheating :o

LaraDuh
26-02-12, 11:51
Ive raped the corner bug senseless.

Gabi
26-02-12, 12:05
For a very long time I was blissfully unaware that such a thing as a biography for Lara existed.
To me she was just a girl, named Lara Croft who went on different missions and that was all I needed to know about her.

When Legend came out with the "reboot-bio" I could not understand what all the fuss was about and why so many people were complaining.

Another Lara
26-02-12, 12:08
It took me years to even think about trying to complete any of the classic games as they used to scare the **** out of me! (I was a wimp when I was younger!)

I've never completed TR2, TR3 or AOD without cheats

I have all the walkthroughs for all the games and would have used them at least once while playing!

Spong
26-02-12, 12:23
For a very long time I was blissfully unaware that such a thing as a biography for Lara existed.
To me she was just a girl, named Lara Croft thet went on different missions and that was all I needed to know about her.

Amen to that :tmb:

When Legend came out with the "reboot-bio" I could not understand what all the fuss was about and why so many people were complaining.

I still don't get what all the fuss is about.

sheepman23
26-02-12, 12:47
I have trouble getting through the spider cave of Temple of Xian. And I don't mean being a little scared: I literally have to build up courage to make it through. :o Once I trigger the first giant spider, though, I can usually press on.

I also used to dread the part of RX Tech Mines with the steamy walkway, flickering lights, and the huge mutants. :whi:

jajay119
26-02-12, 12:50
I'm very close to hating Tomb Raider 3. Levels like Lud's gate are so annoying they pull the game down.

I'm firmly believe Chronicles is one of the best games in the series.

sheepman23
26-02-12, 13:01
I'm very close to hating Tomb Raider 3. Levels like Lud's gate are so annoying they pull the game down.

You're talking about the dreadful water maze, aren't you? You have my sympathy, that part was like a nightmare for me on my first playthroughs. I still even get frustrated with it, thanks to it being pitch black and having numerous crocodiles on my tail. :hea:

Reggie
26-02-12, 13:16
To me she was just a girl, named Lara Croft who went on different missions and that was all I needed to know about her.

Surely TR4, TRC and TRAOD defined her past and significant people in her life?

The series continued on so long that regardless of her origins, there were characters and facts about the character presented ingame that gave fans an idea of who Lara Croft was.

_Awestruck_
26-02-12, 13:26

...So do I.

Reggie
26-02-12, 13:29
You're talking about the dreadful water maze, aren't you? You have my sympathy, that part was like a nightmare for me on my first playthroughs. I still even get frustrated with it, thanks to it being pitch black and having numerous crocodiles on my tail. :hea:

I sometimes wonder if Lud's Gate would have been amazing if only the water was drained out from the tunnels? There could have been a drainage puzzle and then some ladders inside the complex to access all areas. That level could have been so much better...

sheepman23
26-02-12, 13:31
I sometimes wonder if Lud's Gate would have been amazing if only the water was drained out from the tunnels? There could have been a drainage puzzle and then some ladders inside the complex to access all areas. That level could have been so much better...

That's a good idea. :tmb: Lud's Gate is actually quite a fun level up until the last quarter of it, where I usually get really frustrated and am just dying to make it to the end.

Phlip
26-02-12, 13:32
I have used walkthroughs in the past for the classics (and to get the TRU treasures) and don't regret it at all. :)

I sometimes like to walk through levels and play it the most realistically as possible, or give other meanings to levels to make it seem new because she's there for a different reason.

Afonya
26-02-12, 13:49
I love Lud's gate, I only hate the UPV vehicle. Same thing with Madubu gorge level, I love it but I hate the kayak. :D

BrandonFlowers
26-02-12, 13:52
~ I name the animal enemies and try not to kill them if possible :pi: E.g Mr Squeaky the rat, Slurpy the monster in the pool in AOD & Geoffry the wolf *shrugs* :p
~ I can't play the classics alone. There's too many fans/drains/mummies and I tend to cry and run out the room screaming ._.

Oooh I name the monkey's in TR3 :p

Gabi
26-02-12, 14:08
Surely TR4, TRC and TRAOD defined her past and significant people in her life?

The series continued on so long that regardless of her origins, there were characters and facts about the character presented ingame that gave fans an idea of who Lara Croft was.
You have got a point, but that went sort of over my head.
Von Croy, her parents, I took them as they came along, without knowing the "story" or the background information behind them.

Edit: to make it a bit clearer, I had absolutely no idea about any of this (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/lara/old_bio.html).

Spong
26-02-12, 14:23
...that part was like a nightmare for me on my first playthroughs. I still even get frustrated with it...

Stop being such a big girl :ton:

Edit: to make it a bit clearer, I had absolutely no idea about any of this (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/lara/old_bio.html).

That's because none of it matters in the slightest, it never did and it never will (IMO).

Phlip
26-02-12, 14:26
That's because none of it matters in the slightest, it never did and it never will (IMO).

Love how you write IMO in brackets just to avoid being virtually beaten up. :D

sheepman23
26-02-12, 14:27
Stop being such a big girl :ton:

Perhaps you should do the same with the kayak. :ton:

I still don't understand the big hullabaloo about it, it controls the way you would expect a real kayak to. *sigh* Forever alone... :p

Gabi
26-02-12, 14:34
I agree. I did not know about it and still could play the games without them lacking any appeal to me.
If anything I was a bit disappointed to find out that Lara had a history.
For me there was simply no need for it and without one I could make her to be the person I wanted, if I ever would be so inclined. Finding out about her biography took that away from me, and you know what they say: what has been seen ...
Did not want. :pi:

Flame
26-02-12, 14:37
I used to try and look up Lara's dressing gown in Home Sweet Home on Tomb Raider II. I also used to put her in a corner so I could see her boobs.

I'm going to hell :pi:

Spong
26-02-12, 14:52
Love how you write IMO in brackets just to avoid being virtually beaten up. :D

Not so much to avoid an internet beating, more to avoid the hassle of reading the perpetual whining of butt-hurt Lara lovers.

Perhaps you should do the same with the kayak. :ton:

NEVAR!! :smk::p

Vinkula
26-02-12, 15:02
I've never finished AOD on my own, always needed help in some parts, but never used walkthroughs.

Ora Dagger
26-02-12, 15:28
I used a walkthrough to get all the secrets in TR3

tomee
26-02-12, 15:41
Have yet to finish TR4.
Never completed TR1 with secrets
I used walkthrough for the LAU games.

http://i.imgur.com/3pkeO.jpg

I wish you were still making speedruns. Those were really epic.

TheRCroft
26-02-12, 15:44
I haven't played any of the Core TR games yet

This for me, too.

Spong
26-02-12, 15:46
I confess that I can't play through Last Revelation without saving, unlike the other four classics :o:(

sheepman23
26-02-12, 15:50
I confess that I can't play through Last Revelation without saving, unlike the other four classics :o:(

Whaaaaat?

You can play through the other four classics without saving?!

:yik:

I suddenly feel very noob-ish... I can barely go through any level without saving, let alone a whole game. :o

larafan25
26-02-12, 15:53

I agree with this, and the above too, oh mai.

aidanmalone
26-02-12, 15:55
I used 27 small medipacks to beat Lost City of Tinnos >_<
Luds gate and Lost City of Tinnos are the 2 levels I hate the most in TR3

Spong
26-02-12, 15:56
Whaaaaat?

You can play through the other three classics without saving?!

Four classics - TR1, 2, 3 & Chronicles. They're easy, pretty formulaic really when you've played through them as often as I have. Last Revelation though? That's just too big :o

patriots88888
26-02-12, 16:02
Whaaaaat?

You can play through the other four classics without saving?!

Must be one helluva marathon. I wouldn't even attempt such a thing, at least not with the longer games. I can just imagine the steam blowing out from the console in doing that... even on the PC I would advise against it (leaving it constantly running like that).

sheepman23
26-02-12, 16:04
Four classics - TR1, 2, 3 & Chronicles.

I edited my post before you replied. ;)

They're easy, pretty formulaic really when you've played through them as often as I have. Last Revelation though? That's just too big :o

I could probably do TR1, it is quite formulaic - TR2 as well.

Maybe Chronicles, although VCI Tech would be awfully challenging for me.

TR3... no way. :o There are just too many ways for me to stupidly die without thinking, most of which involve falls from extreme heights.

TR4, forget it. Like you say, it's so deafeningly long that I'm bound to trip up during it. :p

Giraffe3
26-02-12, 16:05
Get out.

saying this is frowned upon.

Eden95
26-02-12, 16:08
Also, I can never let Lara just plain run down a corridor. To make it exciting, I do running jumps. :D

:vlol:

I do this ALL the time, it's so much faster, but it makes it incredibly irritating for whoever happens to be watching you: *HUP* *HUP* *HUP* ''Will you stop jumping everywhere!''

*HUP*

Phlip
26-02-12, 16:09

So you just can't remember everything well enough yet to be able to do LR?

I'm surprised you never mentioned this to me when you've boasted on the phone about doing the classics without saving. Where do you save in LR btw? I'm sure you could still count it on one hand.

XianWarrior
26-02-12, 16:12
1. I suck so hard at Angel of Darkness that I can't even get through the first few stages without getting frustrated and blaming the fact that you can't use the D-Pad. :whi:

2. I think Anniversary is good, but the only parts that interest me are the parts that were actually in the original game. :cln:

3. I'm still waiting on a Tomb Raider II remake, and will never give up hope. :D

Spong
26-02-12, 16:18
I edited my post before you replied. ;)

I didn't see that (obviously) :p

I could probably do TR1, it is quite formulaic - TR2 as well.

Maybe Chronicles, although VCI Tech would be awfully challenging for me.

TR3... no way. :o There are just too many ways for me to stupidly die without thinking, most of which involve falls from extreme heights.

TR4, forget it. Like you say, it's so deafeningly long that I'm bound to trip up during it. :p

When I play the games, in my mind, it's all about creating a smooth series of steps - this leads to that which leads into that and then on to that. Once I know what's what, I play them to make them as smooth a journey as possible from beginning to end, that's my personal challenge. I'm always thinking a few moves ahead and preparing for what's coming up, it sounds bizarre and impossible but, when I play a classic TR, what I'm doing on-screen has already happened in my mind. I get stupidly annoyed if I overstep a pickup or if I don't vault/jump on to a ledge in one smooth motion. I think the most infuriating thing for me in a classic TR is that "oof" when Lara runs into a solid object, I swear on my life that I've quit playing the game because of that happening.

@Phlip
I told you last night on the phone that I can't do LR without saving.
The only reason I save in LR is because, to be honest, it's so big that I just get bored. The furthest I've made it without saving is the Sphinx Complex level at the start of Giza. Although I used to have a habit of saving before that awful game of Senet because I'd rage quit if I won it.

sheepman23
26-02-12, 16:28
Although I used to have a habit of saving before that awful game of Senet because I'd rage quit if I won it.

It's funny that you should mention that, since I'm replaying TR4 right now and have made it to the Senet game. I'm praying that I don't win... :vlol:

Seriously though, why on Earth did the designers give us the better route for losing?! It makes absolutely no sense at all to me. The winning route is short, simple, and features way too much block pushing. And you miss out on 5 secrets in the process. :hea:

Spong
26-02-12, 16:32
^It was the fact I'd miss out on the secrets that would make me :hea:. I'm a secrets whore in the classic TRs. That's another confession I guess, I see no point in playing the classics if I'm not collecting the secrets.

jajay119
26-02-12, 16:36
^ It adds to replay value

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/square/000/002/684/Reaction_Face.jpg

Is probably what was going through core's mind there.

DgoOdz94
26-02-12, 16:37
http://i42.************/jhvd48.jpg

http://i41.************/b9zj7.jpg

Phlip
26-02-12, 16:37
@Phlip
I told you last night on the phone that I can't do LR without saving.
The only reason I save in LR is because, to be honest, it's so big that I just get bored. The furthest I've made it without saving is the Sphinx Complex level at the start of Giza. Although I used to have a habit of saving before that awful game of Senet because I'd rage quit if I won it.

We never talked about it last night, and I even once said another time on the phone "you even play LR in one sitting?" and you were like "yeah". Though if you saved because you were too pussy about dying, that would eliminate your like for the mid-jump-thrill of whether you'll make it or not.

Spong
26-02-12, 16:44
We never talked about it last night...

We did, or have you forgotten that you bitched about the crawl spaces in Karnak?
And completing the game in one sitting has nothing to do with not saving. I can play Last Revelation from beginning to end in one go.

sheepman23
26-02-12, 16:46
Confession: I never beat Boaz in AoD until last year.

Partially because I didn't know how to bloody change targets, and partially because I was so frustrated with the entire game that I didn't care to go on.

We did, or have you forgotten that you bitched about the crawl spaces in Karnak?

:vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

(Although I agree with Phlip, they're somewhat annoying when you have to crawl in, turn around, and crawl out of them :o)

Giraffe3
26-02-12, 16:48
http://i42.************/jhvd48.jpg

http://i41.************/b9zj7.jpg

Yay! someone using the pictures. I like the Legend 1, it's a close second for me.

Phlip
26-02-12, 16:51

We bitched about LR being a piece of ****, but not about you playing any TRs in one "sitting".

jajay119
26-02-12, 17:04
Confession: I never beat Boaz in AoD until last year.

Partially because I didn't know how to bloody change targets, and partially because I was so frustrated with the entire game that I didn't care to go on.

I didn't beat Boaz until 2008. I always used to skip that level. I didn't even know that you could switch targets in the game. I always used to think there was a glitch with my copy of the game that wouldn't let me defeat her. :o

King.Louie
26-02-12, 17:07
My confession is....I hate last revelation!!!! It's sooooo boring, long, hard, and stupid. I've never completed it and don't plan to. I can't even consider it a TR game that's how much I hate it. The farthest I got on the game was the land of the dead which is just terrible. If I could erase Last Revelation from the TR timeline I would :pi:

Reggie
26-02-12, 17:32
You have got a point, but that went sort of over my head.
Von Croy, her parents, I took them as they came along, without knowing the "story" or the background information behind them.

I think that's what I preferred though. Lara's background was never forced upon the player, it was just about what she does and who matters 'now' in the game itself. We never got beaten around the head about any potential angst surrounding the fact her parents disowned her for example. It just wasn't relevent to the games.

patriots88888
26-02-12, 17:42
^ I always looked at Lara's bio as just one of those 'nice little extras' for those who are interested in that kinda thing. I don't pay much mind to it, never did... especially considering how it has 'evolved' over time.

Ora Dagger
26-02-12, 17:45
The only TR game I've never completed is Last Revelation. (not counting the GOLDs)
Made it to City of the Dead though.

Jfmeplayer
26-02-12, 17:48
I always found AoD the most fun game to kill Lara :p

Also I loved Underworld in my first few playthroughs, but now I get incredibly bored after I get to Mexico.

TheRCroft
26-02-12, 17:52
http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy30/Leandro-Rafael-Silva/tr.png

Tombcool
26-02-12, 18:21
I had a wet dream once about being sandwiched between Pierre and Larson.:o

larafan25
26-02-12, 18:23
:)

lol.

My confession is that points will be made when the next TR releases.

Another Lara
26-02-12, 18:36
I think that's what I preferred though. Lara's background was never forced upon the player, it was just about what she does and who matters 'now' in the game itself. We never got beaten around the head about any potential angst surrounding the fact her parents disowned her for example. It just wasn't relevent to the games.

^ I always looked at Lara's bio as just one of those 'nice little extras' for those who are interested in that kinda thing. I don't pay much mind to it, never did... especially considering how it has 'evolved' over time.

That's the same for me, it was nice there was a bio, but that was it, it was just something that was there outside of the games and never interfered with the stories, until Crystal decided to shove her "newly created" angst and troubled past down our throats in their last three games, which is one thing I disagreed with.

DgoOdz94
26-02-12, 18:38
http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy30/Leandro-Rafael-Silva/tr.png

:tmb:

PREACH! :ohn:

Eden95
26-02-12, 19:09
When I first played through TrAoD, I must've been about 10 or 11? The sanitarium scared the hell outta me, and it took me a while to complete the level, because the Screamer creeped me out. o_O

After that bit in the lab, where you have to got through the vent, I stopped playing for a while, because when I got my gun out, Kurtis aimed toward the inside of the vent, where the screamer went, and of course I thought it was in there waiting for me. It took a lot of courage to go near the vent, and eventually I got my big brother to go in for me. (After teaching him the controls :p) Then when he got through there was (of course) nothing there, and in the next room I realised what Kurtis had been aiming at was a gas canister. -_-

A lot of tension and being scared for nothing, wish they had stopped the aiming through walls somehow...

trlestew
26-02-12, 19:24
I'm terrified of the eel in TRII.

sheepman23
26-02-12, 19:30
I'm terrified of the eel in TRII.

Oh my God... me too. :eek: Not near as much as the spiders, but still.

I assume you're talking about the huge one though, and not the little green ones, the latter of which are just amusing. :vlol:

Anja
26-02-12, 19:42
-I am still scared of the mutans in the Sanatorium levels.
- I haven't completed TR3 TR4 and TR5
- When i was littler I had a crush on Kurtis...still kinda do.... * embarrassed*

I never use cheats btw

Light a Flare
26-02-12, 19:54
I was terrified of the mummies in Burial Chambers the first time I played TR4.

I was 6 years old :o

Weemanply109
26-02-12, 19:57
I used a walkthrough on Legend... :o

I know, please form an orderly line to beat the **** out of me.

Vinkula
26-02-12, 20:05

I used walkthrough on every level :vlol:

jajay119
26-02-12, 20:27

I may actually have to! And I liked you so much :(

I can't stay pressed at you :o

Draco
26-02-12, 20:40
My favorite moment in any TR game I've played is the falling from the top of the ladder in TR2 on the oil rig. It's the only place Lara finishes screaming before she dies.

tomekkobialka
26-02-12, 21:16
I threw PSX TR3 into the garbage. But that was a LOOONG time ago. :p PC TR3 is much more fun to play, and you can finally adjust the brightness. :tea:

Trinity34
26-02-12, 21:18
the first TR game I played was TR3 and being a noob, when I first saw the black, red-eyed Shiva with all the swords in the temple I was scared to go in... I did not want to die. :p

Also, I made Lara stand still in front of the T-rex just to see how the T-rex would kill her. :o

DgoOdz94
26-02-12, 21:42
http://i41.************/hvbcrq.jpg

:p

And...

http://i44.************/wl4n0h.jpg

Giraffe3
26-02-12, 21:50
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-I_6prrE_izc/T0q3E15RIZI/AAAAAAAAAIg/7VoSLoNULAE/s525/ccf.png
This is fun

jajay119
26-02-12, 21:54
Madubu Gorge is another thing that makes me dislike TR3 :pi:

TheRCroft
26-02-12, 21:55
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-I_6prrE_izc/T0q3E15RIZI/AAAAAAAAAIg/7VoSLoNULAE/s525/ccf.png
This is fun

What does Janice have to do with that confession? :p

sheepman23
26-02-12, 21:56
http://i41.************/hvbcrq.jpg

Madubu Gorge is another thing that makes me dislike TR3 :pi:

Both of you, get out now. Madubu Gorge is awesomeness. :pi:

Billy959
26-02-12, 21:57
sometimes I kill Lara just for fun! especially in LAU

DgoOdz94
26-02-12, 22:04
What's wrong with Janice?! SHE DESERVES TO BE THE STAR OF ALL CONFESSIONS! :ohn: :p
Both of you, get out now. Madubu Gorge is awesomeness. :pi:

No, you get out.

Legend of Lara
26-02-12, 22:06
http://i.imgur.com/29cpp.png

Vinkula
26-02-12, 22:12
I love the AOD Lara the most maybe, but I dislike the game. I usually play the first levels just because of her. I hope I liked the game.

Weemanply109
26-02-12, 22:13
I may actually have to! And I liked you so much :(

I can't stay pressed at you :o

D'aww, you're so sweet. http://i.imgur.com/5ZBFX.gif

Maybe he just wanted to throw a random prostitute into the picture to make it actually nice to look at. :p

TheRCroft
26-02-12, 22:17
What's wrong with Janice?! SHE DESERVES TO BE THE STAR OF ALL CONFESSIONS! :ohn: :p

That's right :ohn:
D'aww, you're so sweet. http://i.imgur.com/5ZBFX.gif

Maybe he just wanted to throw a random prostitute into the picture to make it actually nice to look at. :p
Or maybe he was telling us about other way of killing Lara: if she indulged in some kind of intercourse with Janice, she wouldn't have an happy ending.

Weemanply109
26-02-12, 22:32
Or maybe he was telling us about other way of killing Lara: if she indulged in some kind of intercourse with Janice, she wouldn't have an happy ending.

STD's? :pi:

TheRCroft
26-02-12, 22:36
STD's? :pi:

I like you, you understand me :hug:

Lukass
26-02-12, 22:46
I've never killed Boaz in AoD so I never finished the game.

I've never played Croft Manor in Anniversary.

Spong
26-02-12, 22:48
http://i.imgur.com/29cpp.png

I'd pick you up on bad grammar, but considering the sheer amount of bugs in AOD, getting stuck in the second level is perfectly plausible :p

Legend of Lara
26-02-12, 22:51
In, on, in, on, in, on, take sex position discussions to MGC, you dirty, dirty man.

Giraffe3
26-02-12, 22:55

I was being random. :whi:

Catracoth
26-02-12, 22:55
In, on, in, on, in, on, take sex position discussions to MGC, you dirty, dirty man.

:vlol:

Weemanply109
26-02-12, 22:59
I like you, you understand me :hug:

I like you too, bbz. xoxo

http://i.imgur.com/DQZ7A.gif

Greenapple968
27-02-12, 12:15
On Lost City Of Tinnos TR3 I still can't do the Air Element section without watching an LP for it, even though I've completed the level about 15 times. I always get lost on that bit. :hea: :mad: :cen:

Seth94
27-02-12, 12:50
On Lost City Of Tinnos TR3 I still can't do the Air Element section without watching an LP for it, even though I've completed the level about 15 times. I always get lost on that bit. :hea: :mad: :cen:

You only have to keep turning right unless there's a dead end. :p

Reggie
27-02-12, 12:55
T-Rex TRA confession

I kept shooting and dodging for about an hour until it died. XD

sheepman23
27-02-12, 14:40

The air puzzle is actually the easiest one for me. :p Like Seth says, just keep going right and you'll find it. :tmb: Generally I hate mazes in TR, but that's one case where there are enough markers (like crystals and torches) throughout it that I don't get near as frustrated.

Confession: I can't do the water puzzle of LCoT without using atleast 3 or 4 medipacks. :o

leglion
27-02-12, 14:43
Lcot?

Greenapple968
27-02-12, 14:45
You only have to keep turning right unless there's a dead end. :p

The air puzzle is actually the easiest one for me. :p Like Seth says, just keep going right and you'll find it. :tmb: Generally I hate mazes in TR, but that's one case where there are enough markers (like crystals and torches) throughout it that I don't get near as frustrated.

Thanks, I'll keep this in mind. :)

Lcot?

Lost City of Tinnos.

kswoosh
27-02-12, 16:29
The only cheat I have used so far (I'm 3/4 through TR 2 after starting from the beginning, having not played any game all the way through before) is the one that makes Lara explode. And that was just to show my gf how fun it is :)

Walkthoughs don't count as cheats, right? :p

lord gaga
27-02-12, 17:11
For Tr2 and 3 i've had to keep a walkthrough minimized while playing or else i would get nowhere!

patriots88888
27-02-12, 17:18
My favorite moment in any TR game I've played is the falling from the top of the ladder in TR2 on the oil rig. It's the only place Lara finishes screaming before she dies.

I think that is true for the double rope swing in the Catacombs level of The Last Revelation as well... and a very nasty neck snapping sound to compliment it all.

Greenkey2
27-02-12, 17:25
The Angel of Darkness is the reason I signed onto this forum - I've met chocolate teapots that were more use than Prima's official walkthrough :pi:

I've never used cheats - infinite ammo etc - but have used walkthroughs on all the games except the Crystal Dynamics ones.

Oh, and I can't pick anything up in real life without going 'aha'.

AmericanAssassin
27-02-12, 17:34
I've never used cheats - infinite ammo etc - but have used walkthroughs on all the games except the Crystal Dynamics ones.
Same, except I did use a walkthrough to beat the centaurs in TRA. :o

Greenkey2
27-02-12, 17:58
Same, except I did use a walkthrough to beat the centaurs in TRA. :o

For that, I had to rely on the wonderful Mona Sax and her video tutorial!

sheepman23
27-02-12, 18:14
I think that is true for the double rope swing in the Catacombs level of The Last Revelation as well... and a very nasty neck snapping sound to compliment it all.

I just replayed that part last night, and fell about 5 times trying to get across them. Yes, there is a very nasty neck snapping sound. :pi: :p

Gracious Days
27-02-12, 19:11
-Anytime I replay Underworld I always stop once I reach Xibalba. The spiders pose a problem. :o the last third of the game is the least interesting as far as I'm concerned so it's not a big deal anyway. :p

-I've never collected all secrets in the 2 Classic TRs I've played.

-I hoard my TR III save crystals for the Lost City of Tinnos and the Willard fight, both include a lot of fail on my part. After every artifact retrieval in that final battle, I save.

ozzman
27-02-12, 19:33
never beat TR1-4 at all
i use corner bugs in classics
i use fly glitch in TRL/TRA

AmericanAssassin
27-02-12, 19:45
This is kind of a TR confession...

http://i40.************/33wmcyq.jpg

I really do. :p

Jami393
27-02-12, 19:48
I haven't completed two games of the series. The games are TR3 and TRLR.

LaraDuh
27-02-12, 20:01
When someone trys to talk to me and im not having any of it i say "Move along ma chere, you make the place look crowded."

jajay119
27-02-12, 20:04

... Me too!

Greenapple968
27-02-12, 20:08
I've been pronouncing Nevada incorrectly my whole life. Thanks to Strawberry22 and Laravision for pointing that out.

afzalmiah
27-02-12, 20:14
I haven't finished TR3 yet :o I only used cheats in most levels.

Billy959
27-02-12, 20:53
when I was younger I always ahped my hands into pistols to pretend I was usign Lara's guns:o

jajay119
27-02-12, 21:51
I've been pronouncing Nevada incorrectly my whole life. Thanks to Strawberry22 and Laravision for pointing that out.

How were you pronouncing it?

I pronounce it Na-Vah-da

Greenapple968
27-02-12, 22:11
How were you pronouncing it?

I pronounce it Na-Vah-da

I've been pronouncing it like nev-er-da/neverda.

It drew criticisms in my TR3 No Kills thread in the TR3 section.

Jami393
28-02-12, 00:23
I've been pronouncing it like nev-er-da/neverda.

It drew criticisms in my TR3 No Kills thread in the TR3 section.

I think it's pernounced like Na-vah-da, Greenapple.

Shark_Blade
28-02-12, 01:47

I really do. :pYup, except I do that after accomplishing challenging stuff.:p

When I'm lifting heavy things, I'd go "I'm not strong enough..".

Mikky
28-02-12, 01:49

When I'm lifting heavy things, I'd go "I'm not strong enough..".

I do both of these things, too. xD

Draco
28-02-12, 01:50

Nivahduh

Shark_Blade
28-02-12, 01:53
NivahduhThat sounds like Nirvana. :p

Love2Raid
28-02-12, 01:57
I never finished TR3.
I never finished AOD.
I nearly rage-quitted Legend in the first level because Lara kept jumping backwards from the vines instead of to the right.

Greenapple968
28-02-12, 12:00

Nivahduh

That sounds like Nirvana. :p

I decided to watch a youtube video called "How to pronounce Nevada." It was very helpful. :)

I have a habit of pronouncing stuff incorrectly; I had to attend speech theraphy when I was younger and even now I get pronouniations mixed up at times. :(

Phlip
28-02-12, 12:04
I used to read "Eidos" as "Edios" when I was a kid.

Jami393
28-02-12, 18:23

So you never used to call it Eye-dos, like how you are supposed to pernounce it.

laravision
28-02-12, 18:37
Haha me too!

So you never used to call it Eye-dos, like how you are supposed to pernounce it.

That's what he said :p

peeves
28-02-12, 18:39
I beat all 6 TR classics with all secrets no medi packs no cheats.

Phlip
28-02-12, 21:12
Not really a confession but when I was a kid, I used to see the red loading bar in TR1 as Lara's blood refilling after she would have died. :D

Spong
28-02-12, 21:25

Someone I used to know once pronounced it "Eodis" (ee-oh-dis). I kid you not. I nearly died laughing :vlol:

Vinkula
28-02-12, 21:31
I usually quit playing when I die in any TR game.

I usually hold my breath when Lara is climbing (Especially in classics). Or in LAU when I jump from ledge to ledge or plathform to plathfrom :vlol:

benjamin_2010
28-02-12, 22:13

I still pronounce it as "eh-dose"
Like meadows. Idk. It's a weird ass name anyway.

Lukass
28-02-12, 22:37
Someone I used to know once pronounced it "Eodis" (ee-oh-dis). I kid you not. I nearly died laughing :vlol:

:vlol: no way!

Ora Dagger
28-02-12, 23:22
I used to look around corners to make sure there wasn't anything there. Scared that something would pop out at me.

larafan25
28-02-12, 23:35
I used to look around corners to make sure there wasn't anything there. Scared that something would pop out at me.

The funny thing is, if something was "there" it would have run at you right when triggered, and looking before it was triggered you'd find nothing....

/ Hope for smarter AI <3

Greenapple968
29-02-12, 12:47
I completely failed at City of Khamoon when I first played it; I inserted both the Sapphire keys into the keyhole at the beginning which resulted in me being unable to complete the level.

jajay119
29-02-12, 13:16
Despite my complaining about it, I actually really enjoy Legend. I just wish it hadn't had the title Tomb Raider attached to it.

nick styger
29-02-12, 13:18
I used to call it Villicamba...still do

Orionvalentine
29-02-12, 15:40
I call Eidos -Ee-doss-

How are you supposed to frickin' say it?

Phlip
29-02-12, 15:54
I call Eidos -Ee-doss-

Eye-dos.

King.Louie
29-02-12, 16:00
It took me just a couple years ago to figure out you can somersault while diving in the classics. (except TR1)

Orionvalentine
29-02-12, 16:02
Eye-dos.

Oh, well cheers :hug:

(I still like Ee-Dos better) :P

lance6439
15-03-12, 19:14
I use to think she was a black woman. At least in TRIII/II ... I was really young tho :p

afzalmiah
15-03-12, 20:24
I call Eidos -Ee-doss-

I've been saying it like that too :eek: I guess I've got to start saying eye-dos but I won't be used to it :o

Megalith
15-03-12, 22:17
I haven't played any of the "Gold" bonus levels and Lost Artifact.

I haven't found all the secrets in TR1 and TR4.

The first time i played TR3 i finished it without cheats or walkthroughs but i almost always used the extra save crystals and flares cheat for subsequent playthroughs (playstation version).

Whenever i smell Drum tobacco it reminds me of TR2 because at that time (when i first played it) i used to smoke a lot of that garbage.:p

Phlip
15-03-12, 23:13
I used to call it Villicamba...still do

I used to always read it like that. XD

And I there's like 20 secrets I haven't found in Last Revelation.