PDA

View Full Version : Do you (still) have a 'comfort blanket'?

jajay119
27-02-12, 19:32
The title pretty much says it all. Do you have anything, maybe from you childhood or from more recently, that you find makes you feel more secure than if you didn't have it?

I, for example, still have a teddy bear my uncle gave me on the day I was born. I've never been able to bring myself to throw him out :o

Legend of Lara
27-02-12, 19:33
I have this teddy bear I've had since I was, like, four.

I love it dearly to this beary day. ;_;

Love2Raid
27-02-12, 19:35
:vlol:

(sorry)

No. :p

xXhayleyroxXx
27-02-12, 19:35
I still have a stuffed toy rabbit on the top of my wardrobe which I would take everywhere and she was my comfort item. I hate getting rid of things so I'll probably always have her xD

Mikky
27-02-12, 19:36
I used to have my Tomb Raider collection. That definitely felt like my comfort blanket. It's hard to explain, but I think anyone with a TR collection might understand. xD But I don't have my collection anymore, soooo... Nah, I guess I don't now. :p

BrandonFlowers
27-02-12, 19:36
I have ALL my childhood teddies :p Sir Teddington keeps watch for me when I sleep.

xXhayleyroxXx
27-02-12, 19:39
I have ALL my childhood teddies :p Sir Teddington keeps watch for me when I sleep.

Lmao me too, but most of them are in storage. I'm really sentimental like that ._.

noonbob
27-02-12, 19:40
i have teddies from when i was younger but my comfort thing when i go to bed is the blanket my great nan knitted me yrs ago :p

i love it :D it's still in great condition :)

cezy rockeru
27-02-12, 19:41
I do have a big-ish cartoon-ish chicken (orgoose, not sure yet) with a head as big as the whole body and a really cute little hat on the head.

My grandma gave it to me when I was 5 or so, and I'm never going to get rid of it. It's too precious. ;-;

StefanJ94
27-02-12, 19:42
I have still got a stuffed puppy toy with moon pants and a cute hat getting ready to go to sleep n_n It's so adorable and I'm emotionally attached to it, I'd murder whoever causes harm on him ^_^

the ancient
27-02-12, 19:45
No.

jajay119
27-02-12, 19:46
^ I feel the same about my bear. It's nice to know I'm not alone in my sentimental ways :)

StefanJ94
27-02-12, 19:47
^ I feel the same about my bear. It's nice to know I'm not alone in my sentimental ways :)

Actually the amount of men attached to their first teddy bears is huge. :D

Zelda master
27-02-12, 19:50
No...

Yes I do infact

Rai
27-02-12, 19:55
I never did have a comfort blanket or toy.

Gracious Days
27-02-12, 19:56
There's a lot of things from my childhood, including an old blanket, that I wouldn't feel right about throwing away. I don't use them anymore of course, but they hold a lot of good memories.

Spong
27-02-12, 20:08

So you've had it for, what, a good six years now? :p

Chocola teapot
27-02-12, 20:34
No, unfortunately.

Dark Lugia 2
27-02-12, 20:39
I never did have a comfort blanket or toy.

Me neither. I feel deprived. :p

Dennis's Mom
27-02-12, 23:39
Woobies! That's what they're called:

t2-NFhEI-DM

All my boys had woobies. :D But I'll never forget when my youngest, Michael, threw his away. He was six, and just came down one day as we were getting ready to leave and threw it in the trash, saying he "didn't need it anymore."

I felt like I was gut-punched and wanted to cry. But . . . I need you to have a wooby! You're my baby!

SkyPuppy
27-02-12, 23:47
i'm just going to quote what i said in another thread. :p

my stuffed puppy, Ginger. my mom gave her to me when i was little, and it's very dear to me.

so, yep. i don't have a comfort blanket, but i do have that.

you never told me that! D: that is precious. :3

Catapharact
27-02-12, 23:52
Comfort blanket?

Well... In a way, I do have one.

She is 5'8, has long raven hair, has the most beautiful face and body, has the most deep and lovely hazel-ish eyes, smells like a fresh spring morning, and is a joy to nuzzle up with.

Legend of Lara
27-02-12, 23:55
So you've had it for, what, a good six years now? :p

Seven. I'm not a little kid, Spong.

you never told me that! D: that is precious. :3

Not as precious as urfaaacceeeee

jarekhanzelka
27-02-12, 23:56
No.

Rai
27-02-12, 23:59
Seven. I'm not a little kid, Spong.

Not as precious as urfaaacceeeee

So, you had a teddy from around aged 4 and you have had it for 7 years. You're 11 and too young for this forum. See you in around 2 years :wve:

Jk :p

Shark_Blade
28-02-12, 00:22
None.

When I was like 4, I had bitten off my teddy bear's nose. That's how feisty I am.

Diablo_Rosso
28-02-12, 00:52
This thread is useless without pictures.

Shark_Blade
28-02-12, 00:58
Comfort blanket?

Well... In a way, I do have one.

She is 5'8, has long raven hair, has the most beautiful face and body, has the most deep and lovely hazel-ish eyes, smells like a fresh spring morning, and is a joy to nuzzle up with.Is that a blow up doll?

larafan25
28-02-12, 01:00
Unfortunately no, I lost my rag of a blanket just months ago, my dog took it from my room and I just decided to throw it out, but then I stole it out of the garbage to rescue it, and get it washed, but I haven't seen it since. :/

Stevo505
28-02-12, 01:00
I have teddy bear from Disneyland that I got a couple years ago but I love it to death. I don't sleep with it but I keep it in my room :o

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=14388122

It's adorable.

Catapharact
28-02-12, 01:02
Is that a blow up doll?

*Punches you*

And be thankful that you didn't say that in real life infront of me because I would have done that for real.

SkyPuppy
28-02-12, 01:07
Is that a blow up doll?

Encore
28-02-12, 01:16
No, not really.

I kept a bunch of old My Little Ponies I used to play with, cleaned them up and have them on display. But that's just nostalgia.

Is that a blow up doll?

LMAO
http://i.imgur.com/RiTMSl.jpg

Catapharact
28-02-12, 01:19

LMAO

Tsk tsk... Oh the irony... Considering the members in question who keep on whining about being "forever alone" :whi:.

ajrich17901
28-02-12, 01:23
Is that a blow up doll?

Holy **** :vlol:

SkyPuppy
28-02-12, 01:25
Tsk tsk... Oh the irony... Considering the members in question who keep on whining about being "forever alone" :whi:.

no offense, but i don't think i've ever seen any pictures of your wife before, so...

Catapharact
28-02-12, 01:25
Seriously speaking... Just so you know, that is my girl you are talking about here. I don't mind that you guys take digs at me. I don't mind it at all. Just... Don't start anything that could very well be taken as an insult towards her.

Because I do take it as an insult towards her... And I assure you, things will not end well if it is.

no offense, but i don't think i've ever seen any pictures of your wife before, so...

Nenya asked the same question. I posted the pics in PM and we settled our bet. I don't posts pics of my wife in public forums; ESPECIALLY after what happened with those two "who shall not be named" :whi:.

... And the fact that you guys regularly use my pics for your own deviant purposes ;).

Love2Raid
28-02-12, 01:27
Why would anyone post pictures of their wife? :confused:

Or husband for that matter.

larafan25
28-02-12, 01:28

People post pictures of themselves with their boyfriends/ girlfriends and husbands/ wives very once and a while., It's not an odd thing. :/

Catapharact
28-02-12, 01:31
People post pictures of themselves with their boyfriends/ girlfriends and husbands/ wives very once and a while., It's not an odd thing. :/

I actually have posted pics of her. Just not in GC ;). Join MGC for that privilege.

Love2Raid
28-02-12, 01:32
I see. Maybe she doesn't want her picture to be posted on some random forum (that she's not even a member of). I can totally relate to that.

Encore
28-02-12, 01:32
... And the fact that you guys regularly use my pics for your own deviant purposes ;).

Such as checking the time stamp on Opera and realizing you're lying about them.

Luckily I'm sort of a good girl and never actually called you out on it. But trust me, I know.

;)

SkyPuppy
28-02-12, 01:33
Nenya asked the same question. I posted the pics in PM and we settled our bet. I don't posts pics of my wife in public forums; ESPECIALLY after what happened with those two "who shall not be amed" :whi:.

ah okay, well, i did not know that, and there was no real way i could. those two? the banned members?

you guys? that could mean anyone.

Or husband for that matter.

why wouldn't you? shouldn't you be proud of the fact you're with them? i'm not saying post pictures of just them, but at least pictures of you with them or something.

Catapharact
28-02-12, 01:34
Such as checking the time stamp on Opera and realizing you're lying about them.

Luckily I'm sort of a good girl and never actually called you out on it. But trust me, I know.

;)

Oh? Explain. Please do explain as to what I was lying about. Let it all out in the open so I can once show you how paper thin your arguments are... As always ;).

larafan25
28-02-12, 01:35
I actually have posted pics of her. Just not in GC ;). Join MGC for that privilege.

I don't want that privilege, I don't really care TBH.

Everyone seems like they're about to pounce on each other, what the ****s up in here? I'm out.

>_>

I see. Maybe she doesn't want her picture to be posted on some random forum (that she's not even a member of). I can totally relate to that.

Oh, I can understand. :p

Encore
28-02-12, 01:38
Oh? Explain. Please do explain as to what I was lying about. Let it all out in the open so I can once show you how paper thin your arguments are... As always ;).

There's no argument here, dude. Time stamp doesn't lie.

Catapharact
28-02-12, 01:40
ah okay, well, i did not know that, and there was no real way i could. those two? the banned members?

you guys? that could mean anyone.

Yes the banned members. They took pictures of members from the picture thread and manipulated them in God knows how many obscene ways. Thank goodness that those pics were only of my own.

Imagine if I had posted pics of friends and loved ones on this board...

I can take insults aimed at me. Its only fair afterall. However, people can't seem to leave things with me and only me. They have to drag my loved ones in it as well.

EDIT:

There's no argument here, dude. Time stamp doesn't lie.

Fine. I get it. You don't want to start an argument here since you are such a "good girl" ;). We will discuss this like we usually do. VM me. It is public domain after all.

Lenochka
28-02-12, 01:49
Oh look, people randomly having a go at Cat and derailing the thread... Seriously, I don't understand how people here can treat members like villains, when they themselves pick the fights with them to begin with.

anyways,
No, I don't recall having a comfort blanket as a child. Kinda makes me wish I did hearing all these adorable stories lol! :p

robm_2007
28-02-12, 01:50

I'm in there and I have never seen her, I assume that it was before my time, though. Anyways, I always figured that you never/rarely posted pics of her because people would photoshop her into obscene situations, and for that, I think it is understandable.
---
Anyways, I have this stuffed monkey that my aunt gave me in the fourth grade. I keep it in my dresser now, and I slept with it in my bed until I was like 12 :pi: I also have some really old birthday/christmas cards that I got from family over the years; the oldest one is from 1999 or 2000. But that's not really a security item, I don't think. It's just for sentimental reasons.

Catapharact
28-02-12, 01:56
Oh look, people randomly having a go at Cat and derailing the thread... Seriously, I don't understand how people here can treat members like villains, when they themselves pick the fights with them to begin with.

Leno, let them be. They will get it in time... Or they won't. Doesn't matters either way.

I'm in there and I have never seen her, I assume that it was before my time, though. Anyways, I always figured that you never/rarely posted pics of her because people would photoshop her into obscene situations, and for that, I think it is understandable.

It was actually; Though I myself can't quite remember when I posted them :p. Those who I trust are more than welcomed to see them. Its just going to have to be through PM though :p.

And that is exactly the reason why I don't post them.

Encore
28-02-12, 02:00
I don't understand how people here can treat members like villains, when they themselves pick the fights with them to begin with.

Once in a while - usually on Mondays - I like to randomly poke at douchebags. I realize it makes me look like the bad girl instead, but I still do it.

You know.....

http://i.imgur.com/WZr1R.jpg

Catapharact
28-02-12, 02:04
Once in a while - usually on Mondays - I like to randomly poke at douchebags. I realize it makes me look like the bad girl instead, but I still do it.

You know.....

Or... You are simply a bigger douchebagette at heart that has convinced herself that she is doing this for the underdogs out there ;); Those who are equally big douches themselves.

Leftists are quite like that you know ;). Its just genetics.

Encore
28-02-12, 02:12
TIL political ideals are genetic.

Killercowz
28-02-12, 02:18
Well I had these two animal dogs I slept with till I was 10. :p

I'm not sure I still have them, sadly.

They were so adorable.

Dennis's Mom
28-02-12, 23:35
The topic of the thread is blankies, woobies, lovies or other comfort items.

Please stay on topic and stop picking at each other.

Lara Croft!
29-02-12, 13:43
I have kept many toys from my childhood, but they're all packed. I don't have anything that would pass as a "comfort blanket".

TheCoolJazz
29-02-12, 17:17
Yes in fact i do!
I still have my stuffed bear and rabbit on my closet :p

DragonSlayer
29-02-12, 17:48

Same here i still have Alf which my grandmother got for me, i've never letting him go
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3083/3097421704_052a077262.jpg

Agent Dee
29-02-12, 18:46
I still have the GIGANTIC blanket my mom crocheted me from when I was a baby I use it when I am on my bed but do not feel like getting under the covers. I also have a stuffed dog my grandma got for me when I was 7 when my brother was born (he is 30 now, do the math he he).

*laralover*
29-02-12, 20:47
I have this itsy bisty yellow pillow that i hug at night :p

patriots88888
29-02-12, 20:54
I still have the GIGANTIC blanket my mom crocheted me from when I was a baby I use it when I am on my bed but do not feel like getting under the covers. I also have a stuffed dog my grandma got for me when I was 7 when my brother was born (he is 30 now, do the math he he).

I still have one that my mother crocheted for me when I was just a tike... although I don't consider it a 'comfort blanket' even if it is mighty comfy and warm during those long Winter months. :p I prefer to call it a keepsake. :)

peeves
29-02-12, 23:31
I still have blankets that i like that comfort me and i still have pictures of my favorite cartoon cat characters. :D

Carbon
29-02-12, 23:49
I still have blankets that i like that comfort me and i still have pictures of my favorite cartoon cat characters. :D

Were you not the one saying to everyone SpongeBob was out their age group? :p

peeves
29-02-12, 23:50
Were you not the one saying to everyone SpongeBob was out their age group? :p

I was but certain things i don't like ie spongebob everyone else is too old for.

Carbon
29-02-12, 23:50
I was but certain things i don't like everyone else is too old for.

Oh…

...I won't bother going into this again :')

jarekhanzelka
29-02-12, 23:51
I was but certain things i don't like ie spongebob everyone else is too old for.

....how exactly?

peeves
29-02-12, 23:51
....how exactly?

I don't like spongebob but other people do.

jarekhanzelka
29-02-12, 23:53
I don't like spongebob but other people do.

Yes, I meant how exactly are they too old for it if you're not too old for your favourite cartoon characters?

Carbon
29-02-12, 23:53
Yes, I meant how exactly are they too old for it if you're not too old for your favourite cartoon characters?

The world revolves around him, or he thinks it should anyway.

peeves
29-02-12, 23:54

I like my cartoon characters but i don't like theirs.

Tommy123
01-03-12, 03:05
If by "comfort blanket" you mean vodka then yes.

tomblover
01-03-12, 14:30
Because I do take it as an insult towards her... And I assure you, things will not end well if it is. Oh dear... y'all done goofed, Cat is going to call the cyber police any second now. :vlol:

Anyway, I still have a stuffed toy in the shape of a cow, which I've had since forever. I couldn't ever throw her away, honestly. :p