PDA

View Full Version : An appropriate birthday present for female cousin?

Vinkula
27-02-12, 22:55
This is mainly for girls, but anyway, boys can answer too if they wish.

My favourite cousin's birthday is next week and I want to buy her a present, I haven't given her a own gift in years and I know want. I don't have much money, max. 20-30 and I want to give her something she can use everyday, not any little stuff you forget in 1 day.

So, my question is girls, what would you like to get from your male cousin, if you had like brother-sister relationship? :)

Love2Raid
27-02-12, 22:58
How old is she? Is she the 'girly' type of girl or not? Does she have hobbies, or things she likes that you know of?

xXhayleyroxXx
27-02-12, 23:07
Maybe jewellery? If you buy something simple, yet pretty and affordable she'd probably really like that, although all girls are different :p
You can buy really nice jewellery for affordable prices and its something nice to recieve and keep as a reminder -- stones like cubic zirconia, quartz, amethyst etc are at the low end of the price-scale and are still as beautiful as more expensive stones.
Amazon is usually really good for jewellery if you were to go down that route :tmb:

leglion
27-02-12, 23:10
Something with precious or semi-precious stones always work. :)

Vinkula
27-02-12, 23:12
How old is she? Is she the 'girly' type of girl or not? Does she have hobbies, or things she likes that you know of?

She turns 17. She is 'girly' in my opinion :D Well, she likes girly stuff? I am sure she gets make-up and like that from her parents and everyday she wants.

Love2Raid
28-02-12, 00:04
She turns 17. She is 'girly' in my opinion :D Well, she likes girly stuff? I am sure she gets make-up and like that from her parents and everyday she wants.
Okay, that makes things more clear. :D

Jewellery is nice, like a necklace, earrings, or a bracelet. I don't think you would make her unhappy with that. :p
Perfumes are lovely too, if you pick one that smells nice (it is possible with your budget, but the really good ones are usually more expensive). Maybe a CD (if you happen to know what music she likes and which CD she wants but doesn't have yet?)? Or a book?

I always find it difficult too. :o
But I know that I've never been unhappy with anything that I've received from others, so don't worry too much about it.

If you can't find anything, you could always give her a gift-card. But those aren't very 'personal'. :p

Vinkula
28-02-12, 00:09
Okay, that makes things more clear. :D

Jewellery is nice, like a necklace, earrings, or a bracelet. I don't think you would make her unhappy with that. :p
Perfumes are lovely too, if you pick one that smells nice (it is possible with your budget, but the really good ones are usually more expensive). Maybe a CD (if you happen to know what music she likes and which CD she wants but doesn't have yet?)? Or a book?

I always find it difficult too. :o
But I know that I've never been unhappy with anything that I've received from others, so don't worry too much about it.

If you can't find anything, you could always give her a gift-card. But those aren't very 'personal'. :p

Something with precious or semi-precious stones always work. :)

Maybe jewellery? If you buy something simple, yet pretty and affordable she'd probably really like that, although all girls are different :p
You can buy really nice jewellery for affordable prices and its something nice to recieve and keep as a reminder -- stones like cubic zirconia, quartz, amethyst etc are at the low end of the price-scale and are still as beautiful as more expensive stones.
Amazon is usually really good for jewellery if you were to go down that route :tmb:

I really like the idea of jewellery / bracelet or perfyme. I have to go and look around nearby jewellery shops. Past few years my family has given her make-up and so on and it feels so everyday-ish for me. Well, most girls use make-up almost everyday but anyway, it's so easy to get itself. I really need to go and look around in shops, thanks :hug:

SkyPuppy
28-02-12, 00:19
yeah, i don't think make-up would be a good idea, anyway. when girls get make-up, they tend to believe they need it, and usually, they don't. so, yeah, like others have said, jewelery is the way to go.

Love2Raid
28-02-12, 00:20
I really like the idea of jewellery / bracelet or perfyme. I have to go and look around nearby jewellery shops. Past few years my family has given her make-up and so on and it feels so everyday-ish for me. Well, most girls use make-up almost everyday but anyway, it's so easy to get itself. I really need to go and look around in shops, thanks :hug:
You're welcome, good luck! :D

Vinkula
28-02-12, 00:32

Rai
28-02-12, 00:42
I always love getting presents that reflect an interest or hobby of mine. Maybe you culd get something that has a connection. As an example, if she likes butterflies, then an ornament, picture or jewellery piece with a butterfly/butterflies on it would mean something to her. Maybe she likes a particular band or tv programme so something connected to that would also be a good idea.

robm_2007
28-02-12, 00:49
A training bra?

just kidding.

Maybe you could give her a miniature album of pics of you two when you were younger (assuming that you have some available, and that she does not have them already). Or something non-materialistic of the sorts. If she doesn't tell people what she would like to get, then it's usually harder to shop for them.

StefanJ94
28-02-12, 00:53
Oh, I'm sorry but I can only help you on "An inappropriate birthday present for a female cousin"! :pi:

cezy rockeru
28-02-12, 13:45
^ Lmao.

I'd go with perfume, I'd love to get perfume for my birthday if I were a girl.

xXhayleyroxXx
28-02-12, 14:44
I always love getting presents that reflect an interest or hobby of mine. Maybe you culd get something that has a connection. As an example, if she likes butterflies, then an ornament, picture or jewellery piece with a butterfly/butterflies on it would mean something to her. Maybe she likes a particular band or tv programme so something connected to that would also be a good idea.

Yeah, that's a good idea :tmb:

irishhips
28-02-12, 15:09
Well, if she likes music and has itunes...you could get her a iTunes card

January_Snow*
28-02-12, 18:09
Perfume defenatlely

Vinkula
28-02-12, 18:13
Thank you for the replies :hug: And Stefan, really? :vlol:
I like the idea of picture collection, but I am not sure there's many of pics of us D: