PDA

View Full Version : "Art of Tomb Raider" book :)

Only TR lover
01-03-12, 12:10
Today I received my "Art of Tomb Raider" book which I won in music contest at IndyCroft.com few months ago. It's not actually one book, but two, with concepts/artworks, characters etc from past TR games. Volume I is focused on Core design era (TR1 to AOD) and Volume II is based on the Trilogy. It's really a great book :)

http://i39.************/34g24w7.jpg

Phlip
01-03-12, 12:12
Strange how the Volume 1 book spine is half the size of Volume 2's, when there's twice the amount of games.

Lukass
01-03-12, 12:15
:) Enjoy the books! :hug:

;___; jelly

Rai
01-03-12, 12:25
Strange how the Volume 1 book spine is half the size of Volume 2's, when there's twice the amount of games.

Maybe because Crystal have more material from their own games. They could have been restricted by what they could use from Core's games.

Well done on winning, Only TR Lover :D. And thanks for showing off...I mean...sharing those pics with us :p

Bomb Fighter
01-03-12, 15:47
Congrats, you are so lucky to have it!
I have wanted this book so badly, since I first time heard about it!!! But my parents donŽt want to buy it for me because of the shipping to Europe. I still hope IŽll buy it one day by myself, though.
Anyway, enjoy your book!:)

tampi
01-03-12, 15:53
So cool!
Fantastic! Congratulations.
What a great deal of information! :tmb:
Happy you! :D

Lee1711
01-03-12, 16:06
So jealous, it looks beautiful.

Only TR lover
01-03-12, 17:18
It really is great. I haven't got the time to read it carefully but tonight I will.

afzalmiah
01-03-12, 17:19
It looks like a great book :) I wish I had one :o

Mikky
01-03-12, 18:29
Yeah, just make a thread to rub it in, why don't you? Soooo jelly! ;__; I'd thought these would of run out of stock by now. Even though you did win in it in a comp, but still. :p

Only TR lover
01-03-12, 19:02
Yeah, just make a thread to rub it in, why don't you? Soooo jelly! ;__; I'd thought these would of run out of stock by now. Even though you did win in it in a comp, but still. :p

Well done on winning, Only TR Lover :D. And thanks for showing off...I mean...sharing those pics with us :p

I just had to do it! ;) :D
Finally at home so I'll have some time to read it. :)

Vinkula
01-03-12, 22:52
Jealous :D Be aware, it might be gone soon :pi: :vlol:

voltz
01-03-12, 22:56
So do they have any rare pictures in there?

Mikky
01-03-12, 22:59
So do they have any rare pictures in there?

I remember ages ago someone posted a picture of one of the early TR1 artworks and Lara was holding a bow in it. YES, A BOW! LIKE IN THE NEW TR! I can't find that damn picture anymore, though. :I That artwork must be pretty rare.

Gracious Days
01-03-12, 23:20
I've seen a few Youtube videos where folks go through the two volumes page by page, but I'd still love to have one. Enjoy it. :)

larafan25
02-03-12, 00:11
I remember ages ago someone posted a picture of one of the early TR1 artworks and Lara was holding a bow in it. YES, A BOW! LIKE IN THE NEW TR! I can't find that damn picture anymore, though. :I That artwork must be pretty rare.

I had seen that sketch way before...it seemed to me there were only some rare arts not seen from Crystal, but most of the Core stuff had already been out.

Although I'd know this a lot better if the one I ordered actually arrived.

Mikky
02-03-12, 00:12
I had seen that sketch way before...it seemed to me there were only some rare arts not seen from Crystal, but most of the Core stuff had already been out.

Although I'd know this a lot better if the one I ordered actually arrived.

Orly? Do you know where I can find it?

larafan25
02-03-12, 00:20
Orly? Do you know where I can find it?

On the Internet. :)

Only TR lover
02-03-12, 00:53
Yes. That one is in the book. It's unused Valentines day card or something like that. There's also a sketch of Lara crushing a heart with her boot. Lara obviously hated Valentine's day. :-)

Mikky
02-03-12, 00:57
On the Internet. :)

LOL.

Yes. That one is in the book. It's unused Valentines day card or something like that. There's also a sketch of Lara crushing a heart with her boot. Lara obviously hated Valentine's day. :-)

Which is ironic, considering her birthday was (is?) on Valentine's day. :vlol:

So, it was for a Valentine's day card, eh? I was thinking it was early game concepts. :I

larafan25
02-03-12, 00:57

Which is funny because it's her birthday, and everyone here seems to love it. :p

musicmaestro10
02-03-12, 01:03
Oh god I wanted that book sooo much! I tried to win with this...

iTZK-tlqvq0

What, I'm only trying to advertise myself! XD LOL!

Mikky
02-03-12, 01:04
The video is not available and stuff. :/

musicmaestro10
02-03-12, 01:07
I'll try and fix that, gimmie a minute!

Done I hope!

TRLegendLuver
02-03-12, 01:19
Yeah I got mine back in 2010. Or was it 2009? Anyways, it's a two volumes, along with the mini art posters. Awesome that you got to add it to your collection. :tmb:

musicmaestro10
02-03-12, 01:24
Yes wasn't it just *envy*. XD only japing, hope you enjoy it!

Mikky
02-03-12, 01:26
Oh god I wanted that book sooo much! I tried to win with this...

iTZK-tlqvq0

What, I'm only trying to advertise myself! XD LOL!

This is a great piece of music! D:

musicmaestro10
02-03-12, 01:34
This is a great piece of music! D:

Aw thanks Mikky, that means a lot!